Next thief elite spec ideas

Lucas.3718

Hey guys

i just wanted to make a forum post where you can put your personal ideas and preferances for the next thief elite spec, since the daredevil covered a more "martial arts", dodge master form of thief and the deadeye had a more long range sniper mercenary theme to it, what could they go for next?

Personaly i would prefer a kinda more brawling, bruiser kinda type of thief with greatsword (yes i am one of those who ship greatsword thiefs)

Well the mesmer take a lot of inspiration from the thief, I'd like to see a thief that take some inspiration from the mesmer.

It's a silly idea but I'd love to see a thief specialized in playing with shadows and burning it's foes. The thief would use torch (because this is a source of light and it contrast with shadows), It would lose the ability to enter stealth but instead would cover himself in shadows and when he would dodge while covered in shadow, he would leave this shadow that would act as a clone and explode when hit dealing damage and inflicting burn around it.

Might as well trot out some old cliche's

Ninja: Tag and lock enemies by their shadows, disable and attack weakened foes from stealth for deadly assassinations.

The Darkness: Summon ethereal shadow creatures for specific tasks or wield extra weapons with eldritch tentacles.

Huckster: Attack with semi-random abilities and stage magician's tricks to fool and disorient opponents.

Rogue: Get inside your opponents' heads with charming and disarming charisma, or incite them and focus their rage where you want.

Created the [Drifter](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/37475/e-spec-suggestion-drifter "Drifter") concept sometimes back as a Bruiser/Support archetype. The bottomline of the concept is basically "arctic axewielding batman" with a focus on Peeling, Condition Damage and Endurance Restoration.

* Condi-focused **Axe** Main-hand, dishing out heavy hybrid damage and sticking to enemies like glue.

* **Survival** Utility skills designed for ambushes and saving allies in need.

* New mechanic allows them to set up **Camp**, where the Drifter can stash Stolen Skills, and Allies fight with an advantage.

* Specialization line lets them focus on Condition Damage/Interruption, Peeling or Personal Sustain/OoC Mobility.

> @"Jack Redline.5379" said:

> Each time someone posts thread like this i get goosebums

> Each time i read the stuff you want thief to become I die a little bit inside

> Today I am deader than ever

> Thank god Anet doesnt listen to ppl in forums

I'm pretty sure the thief community asked for a riffle e-spec and got it with DE.

Maybe you shouldn't read those threads if they have this kind of effects on you. Think about your health.

> @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

> > @"Lucas.3718" said:

> > what could they go for next?

> >

>

> Shadow Mage/ Arcane Thief.

>

> If Mesmers are using Thief's mechanic, it's time for Thief to get Shadow Clones and Phantom Shadows.

>

>

Yeah I been saying something on the lines of this as well - we can also call them after images. There's no reason thieves can't have some kind of decoy as they are tricksters too.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Jack Redline.5379" said:

> > Each time someone posts thread like this i get goosebums

> > Each time i read the stuff you want thief to become I die a little bit inside

> > Today I am deader than ever

> > Thank god Anet doesnt listen to ppl in forums

>

> I'm pretty sure the thief community asked for a riffle e-spec and got it with DE.

> Maybe you shouldn't read those threads if they have this kind of effects on you. Think about your health.

I do read them and since i know how the DE worked out it has these efects on my health.

Hey there, i have an idea of thief's espec and i have the text done with all info (mechanics, abilities, traits), but i need a native speaker (or someone who is pretty well know english) who can edit it, fix grammar and formulation issues, change some names (check if they sound awkward or weird, specialization name right now is placeholder) and maybe add some fiction descriptions which is hardest part of work for me(but it isn't neccesary).

Here is a very short preview on specialization.

Gang leader

* Summon bandits to combat

* Can wield torch in off-hand

* Shout skills for right panel skill slots

_What is lore behind Gang leader?_

There is actually no lore base, the whole idea based on asian gangster movies and currently thematically tied to Kaineng City's possible criminal environment. It may be easily "rethemed" to pirate theme for example.

_What Gang leader is about?_

Gang leader focused on summoning bandits to fight and having some interactions with them. He always tries to provide unfair fight with advantage at his side.

_What Gang leader isn't about?_

Gang leader nas no benefits for stealth, maybe some very mediated interactions with Shadow Arts trait line. Gang leader has one little thing in its core mechanic that slightly demotivate stealth using, but not drastically.

_What great opportunities Gang leader has?_

Gang leader has specific possibilities to inflict burning and support allies through torch and shouts respectively, but may be just played like core thief extended with npc bandits at his side. Grandmaster major traits play critical role in Gang leader's playstyle.

So, if you are interested and would like to help me finish it before i share it with everyone, feel free to contact me in-game or in skype (rinagal-5).