So what are Chronos running in CMs now?

Einsof.1457

What I run most of the time:

Double well, signet and grav well. Domi for cc and inspi for aegis/reflect on focus. Precast boons with mistlock or start with well of action before your burst and cs for initial quickness on group. Alternatively use timewarp in CS for instant quickness.

if the group phases to quick or has no use for cc/aegis:

You play illu to align CS with the faster phases, for example enso. You would drop inspi cause no distords needed.

Finally for reallly high dps groups mimic signet and well of action might work better.

Also some fights can benefit from timewarp.

Double well with soi, can give pretty much permanent alacr + quickness. Also domination for no pain no gain and the war NO LONGER GOES SB, keeping up the burst and their cc. Also a crapton of planks. If no boonstip is required i run illu(cds) or dueling(burst). Inspiration is still greatly usefull in cms to block some specific attacks. In contrast to what most people think, pug groups have been catching up with the changes and bringing cc or DH for stability.

Suprised to say the last week i've had some really really ez fractal clears with pugs(CM's + T4), only downside is the extensive use of planks (which are really cheap). Tested grav well and there is no point whatsoever running it. A plank does way better cc on a 2 sec cd with alacrity and its way way way faster than grav well which automatically means either TW or MOA. Running about 70% bd for permanent boons. In less experienced/organized pugs i switch to pack runes in case druid is lazy. And mimic......mimic sucks for 5 man content now and there is no reason to take it over well of recall. Mimic actually hinders u as u are extremely tied to cs and sometimes forced to use Tides without a break bar out of cs because its your only source of alacrity which is a big big mistake. Also considering the nature of instabilities and how people tend to spread for some mechanics the chance of hitting everyone with tides is pretty low.

The good thing out of the changes to chrono is that u can now go for nice dps numbers and your warrior will never have to run SB.

> @"zoomborg.9462" said:

> Double well with soi, can give pretty much permanent alacr + quickness. Also domination for no pain no gain and the war NO LONGER GOES SB, keeping up the burst and their cc. Also a crapton of planks. If no boonstip is required i run illu(cds) or dueling(burst). Inspiration is still greatly usefull in cms to block some specific attacks. In contrast to what most people think, pug groups have been catching up with the changes and bringing cc or DH for stability.

>

> Suprised to say the last week i've had some really really ez fractal clears with pugs(CM's + T4), only downside is the extensive use of planks (which are really cheap). Tested grav well and there is no point whatsoever running it. A plank does way better cc on a 2 sec cd with alacrity and its way way way faster than grav well which automatically means either TW or MOA. Running about 70% bd for permanent boons. In less experienced/organized pugs i switch to pack runes in case druid is lazy. And mimic......mimic sucks for 5 man content now and there is no reason to take it over well of recall. Mimic actually hinders u as u are extremely tied to cs and sometimes forced to use Tides without a break bar out of cs because its your only source of alacrity which is a big big mistake. Also considering the nature of instabilities and how people tend to spread for some mechanics the chance of hitting everyone with tides is pretty low.

>

> The good thing out of the changes to chrono is that u can now go for nice dps numbers and your warrior will never have to run SB.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plank ?

> @"Einsof.1457" said:

> > @"zoomborg.9462" said:

> > Double well with soi, can give pretty much permanent alacr + quickness. Also domination for no pain no gain and the war NO LONGER GOES SB, keeping up the burst and their cc. Also a crapton of planks. If no boonstip is required i run illu(cds) or dueling(burst). Inspiration is still greatly usefull in cms to block some specific attacks. In contrast to what most people think, pug groups have been catching up with the changes and bringing cc or DH for stability.

> >

> > Suprised to say the last week i've had some really really ez fractal clears with pugs(CM's + T4), only downside is the extensive use of planks (which are really cheap). Tested grav well and there is no point whatsoever running it. A plank does way better cc on a 2 sec cd with alacrity and its way way way faster than grav well which automatically means either TW or MOA. Running about 70% bd for permanent boons. In less experienced/organized pugs i switch to pack runes in case druid is lazy. And mimic......mimic sucks for 5 man content now and there is no reason to take it over well of recall. Mimic actually hinders u as u are extremely tied to cs and sometimes forced to use Tides without a break bar out of cs because its your only source of alacrity which is a big big mistake. Also considering the nature of instabilities and how people tend to spread for some mechanics the chance of hitting everyone with tides is pretty low.

> >

> > The good thing out of the changes to chrono is that u can now go for nice dps numbers and your warrior will never have to run SB.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plank ?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wooden_Plank_(consumable)

Honestly I'm taking a break for the holidays, and I'm hopping sc/dt will post a new meta by the time I get back. If they havn't, I probably won't change my gear and just wait it out because we already know we will have to change our gear again very soon due to the new armor coming out (my guess is it will come out with a living story update, maybe the next one). I honestly hope chrono just falls out of the meta because I just don't want to play it now that you can't even see what soi is doing.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/a8v9a8/sc_qt_cm100_shattered_observatory_firebrand/

Tl;dr:

Power Firebrand

Power Renegade

Warrior/Spellbreaker

Soulbeast

DPS (In this case Weaver)

Addition of Diviner gear will improve that comp a lot, if healing is a concern either FB or REN can opt for more healing eq but they already offer tons of support and high damage.

If I want to be cynical I wonder how long it will take until Anet nerfs Surge of the Mists, seeing how it still hits multiple times and can be used on spot in conjunction with the Nova Launch. :shrug:

All in all this comp seems to perform better at high levels of play but is also a lot more restrictive when it comes to classes.

This was just the regular variant the other a tank or DPS Chrono with SoI

The regular seems to working together with rev?

The the Csol seems for boon extensions for harder mechanics or you could make the old meta working again like I said. SC seems to trying optimizing support classes away in favor of hybrid classes which can bepretty much thrown over with the new coming stats either with making stats with a lot more concentration making chrono working again or berserker with concentration for rev which can also be down with viper and mistral (throwing out heal for tank)