So, how is necromancer in pve now ?

Lucas.3718

> @"James.1065" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > @"James.1065" said:

> > > > @"Xxnecroxx.4039" said:

> > > > the words BUFFS and Necro do NOT belong in the same sentence when it comes to Anet, the only thing they know is ITS NERF OR MORE NERFS for necros ESPECIALLY in PVE because necro is not allowed to be a fun viable class but a punching bag and also the worst class for PVE content

> > >

> > > I play an open world reaper tank and am having great fun soloing content that others need to do in groups!

> >

> > I cannot see any open world content the necromancer can solo that other professions can't...

>

> That's the point, in reality necro is not as bad as the general perception is about the profession .

>

> The problem has more to do with the players attitude towards necro than the profession really being so bad. If that was the case no one would be playing it.

Any class can do open world content. But you cannot play full zerker ele and expect to solo bosses with that build.

The problem is most likely not the attitude, but more likely, that necro just doesn't perform as good as the other classes in high end pve content such as raids and fractal cms

I solo bosses as a full zerker ele all the time. It's pretty easy. For melee bosses you just equip staff and run around in circles. Ranged bosses change depending on their specific actions. I have solod every hero point boss in HoT and PoF with a zerker ele.

The difference in DPS numbers aren't as insignificant as they may seem. While Deadeyes, Renegades, and Weavers do 36k, that is 20% more than what a Necro outputs. So if you have a team with 5 Weavers, that is DPS equivalent to a team with 6 Necromancers. It's like adding an additional person after awhile. In the overworld or 1 on 1 it isn't much, but in team content that deficit starts to build up.

It's offtop probably...

For five years I was playing only engineer (I'm very casual player and didn't have time for more). And then I got bored and created more chars - all professions... It was total mess of course. But necromancer, which I hated in GW1, now happens to be my favourite and easiest to play. Especially Reaper. I just equip greatsword, set some random traits without any deep thinking and go kill everything almost without dying. I can even solo some champions in HoT. It's a miracle.

> @"Wrong Device.3014" said:

> It's offtop probably...

> For five years I was playing only engineer (I'm very casual player and didn't have time for more). And then I got bored and created more chars - all professions... It was total mess of course. But necromancer, which I hated in GW1, now happens to be my favourite and easiest to play. Especially Reaper. I just equip greatsword, set some random traits without any deep thinking and go kill everything almost without dying. I can even solo some champions in HoT. It's a miracle.

I kill anything in open world with my celestial core revenant.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"James.1065" said:

> > > @"Xxnecroxx.4039" said:

> > > the words BUFFS and Necro do NOT belong in the same sentence when it comes to Anet, the only thing they know is ITS NERF OR MORE NERFS for necros ESPECIALLY in PVE because necro is not allowed to be a fun viable class but a punching bag and also the worst class for PVE content

> >

> > I play an open world reaper tank and am having great fun soloing content that others need to do in groups!

>

> I cannot see any open world content the necromancer can solo that other professions can't...

I was doing yesterday on my Mesmer with shield and inspiration build, some silver wastes overworld, and comparing reaper sustain to chrono, wow, just WOW.

the sustain on chrono is incredible. Any time I was sure I need invuln, I could have access to it at all times.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > I cannot see any open world content the necromancer can solo that other professions can't...

>

> I was doing yesterday on my Mesmer with shield and inspiration build, some silver wastes overworld, and comparing reaper sustain to chrono, wow, just WOW.

>

> the sustain on chrono is incredible. Any time I was sure I need invuln, I could have access to it at all times.

It's always been like that for the mesmer. Even with core mesmer you'd have the same amount of sustain, you just replace shield by sword and block with it. But the same can be said for warrior or engineer or even elementalist. The main issue is that, usually, players aren't accustomed/willing to play builds with defensive tools in PvE. So far, in Silver waste, my best playing experience was with core thief. With a smart use of the thief tools the map couldn't be easier.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > I cannot see any open world content the necromancer can solo that other professions can't...

> >

> > I was doing yesterday on my Mesmer with shield and inspiration build, some silver wastes overworld, and comparing reaper sustain to chrono, wow, just WOW.

> >

> > the sustain on chrono is incredible. Any time I was sure I need invuln, I could have access to it at all times.

>

> It's always been like that for the mesmer. Even with core mesmer you'd have the same amount of sustain, you just replace shield by sword and block with it. But the same can be said for warrior or engineer or even elementalist. The main issue is that, usually, players aren't accustomed/willing to play builds with defensive tools in PvE. So far, in Silver waste, my best playing experience was with core thief. With a smart use of the thief tools the map couldn't be easier.

I disagree though, as ele doesn't have nearly as much sustain as Mesmer can retain while also having dmg, plus on top of that you have to remember that you can literally use one of the sword techs on sword sword build and evade a attack and summon a phantom. you have multiple invulns and 2 aegis if you take shield plus a third from utility.

On ele. The best build for fractals uses scepter warhorn to deal damage. If you use overload air you have to be on top of enemies, and more often than not if you do this in open world, enemies will beat on you, and if you are alone, you are dead because the channeling is way too long. Personally, there needs to be something to allow you to make the channeling spell instant to get out of melee range and increase odds of finishing overload air. Even the glyph of storms has a long cast time.

Ele has its strengths, I wont deny that, but the nerf to ele hurt. Ele is kinda forced to take water for their build to stay alive, and if they don't they are very glassy.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > > I cannot see any open world content the necromancer can solo that other professions can't...

> > >

> > > I was doing yesterday on my Mesmer with shield and inspiration build, some silver wastes overworld, and comparing reaper sustain to chrono, wow, just WOW.

> > >

> > > the sustain on chrono is incredible. Any time I was sure I need invuln, I could have access to it at all times.

> >

> > It's always been like that for the mesmer. Even with core mesmer you'd have the same amount of sustain, you just replace shield by sword and block with it. But the same can be said for warrior or engineer or even elementalist. The main issue is that, usually, players aren't accustomed/willing to play builds with defensive tools in PvE. So far, in Silver waste, my best playing experience was with core thief. With a smart use of the thief tools the map couldn't be easier.

>

> I disagree though, as ele doesn't have nearly as much sustain as Mesmer can retain while also having dmg, plus on top of that you have to remember that you can literally use one of the sword techs on sword sword build and evade a attack and summon a phantom. you have multiple invulns and 2 aegis if you take shield plus a third from utility.

>

> On ele. The best build for fractals uses scepter warhorn to deal damage. If you use overload air you have to be on top of enemies, and more often than not if you do this in open world, enemies will beat on you, and if you are alone, you are dead because the channeling is way too long. Personally, there needs to be something to allow you to make the channeling spell instant to get out of melee range and increase odds of finishing overload air. Even the glyph of storms has a long cast time.

>

> Ele has its strengths, I wont deny that, but the nerf to ele hurt. Ele is kinda forced to take water for their build to stay alive, and if they don't they are very glassy.

>

>

Elementalists just like to overlook focus, earthshield, mistform, arcane shield, skills that evade... etc. Like I said, if you have the will to invest into defense instead of going blindly for damage and more damage all professions have plenty of sustain. Thief can perfectly run through openworld PvE with it's auto attack alone as mean of damage and the elementalist can as well.