Why no pips the first week after you transfer?

Dashingsteel.3410

> @"Dashingsteel.3410" said:

> > @"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:

> > why would it matter if this is your first transfer or 15th? You transferred and there are small punishments put in place to attempt to keep people from transferring. I don't think Dashingsteel was saying you as a person need more weeks without pips, he's saying it needs to be more in general and on top of that each time you do transfer it needs to be higher say 4 weeks for your second transfer, and then 6 for your third and so on.

>

> I am going on the premise that the no pips is due to bandwagoning… so by relating that this is my only transfer since the game started and transferring before the relinks would show that I am not a bandwagoner.... Now if the no pips is not due to bandwagoning you are right my one and only transfer wouldn't be a point to bring up.

>

>

> I get that anet probably doesn't have a recognition system to identify frequency or history of transfers and I am not asking that they implement one. I was just wondering if it was bandwagoning or just transfers in general that caused the no pips.

>

I believe this was implemented to discourage bandwagoning... although that doesn't seem to have worked really since the guilds that want to switch to apparently "find the fights" or "load a server" will do so anyway and don't care much about the pips.

Unfortunately for those other people who want to transfer on their own it becomes an issue like this. But as noted, ANet doesn't have a way of knowing if someone is bandwagoning or not so the rule is applied across the board to ALL transfers.

> @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> Guilds have no choice but to transfer cause they get stuck in dead tier 4 for 2 months or they're on a server that Q's maps and you can't get any fights. It sucks getting punished for that. We had to move on reset because we were on the quad server and got Q'd out of every map

You may be right in that.

Maybe those same guilds need to help with PPT to get out of T4? History tends to repeat itself

Leaving because you are on an over stacked link is good.

The ‘stuck in T4’? Well... no.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > Guilds have no choice but to transfer cause they get stuck in dead tier 4 for 2 months or they're on a server that Q's maps and you can't get any fights. It sucks getting punished for that. We had to move on reset because we were on the quad server and got Q'd out of every map

>

> You may be right in that.

>

> Maybe those same guilds need to help with PPT to get out of T4? History tends to repeat itself

>

> Leaving because you are on an over stacked link is good.

>

> The ‘stuck in T4’? Well... no.

ppt is coverage wars and we're not gonna be playing all day to get a server out of t4 just to go back again. We tried that but it's not fun and it's draining. We'll just transfer for 500 gems to a server that will do that for us

Honestly, on the front side of a re-link, the 500 gems and loss of 1-week in PIPs (assuming you PIP out the first part of the week and don't do it until after), ends up being basically nothing of a deterrent. But I think that is ANets whole purpose for the re-link since it creates more movement.

On the flip side, the 2-month window for tied to a specific server is probably not helping at all for the last 2-3 weeks of every 2 month cycle re-link...might as well wait it out and not play. Historically, the 'ded game' comments are very high during this time for a reason with a lot of direct self manipulation to fall server rating as fast a possible to get a good re-link next 2-month window. The re-link system is toxic but that's for another thread.

To really maximize WvW profit and play time, the key would be to just create two options:

* a free transfer option using ingame currency transfer (i.e. [badges of Honor](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Badge_of_Honor "Badges of Honor")) that removes PIP gains for 2+ weeks - this encourages the guilds to move to the action and encourages the cheaper players to have an option to move if you WvW consistently.

* an escalating gem price transfer option (server transfer gem price) goes up based on how many transfers happen in a given week or over the course of the 2-month window that doesn't penalize any PIP gains and ultimately encourages WvW game play to be more funded by the whale players. It would also basically maximize the revenue stream from WvW server transfers which ANet is missing out on from an opportunity standpoint.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > Guilds have no choice but to transfer cause they get stuck in dead tier 4 for 2 months or they're on a server that Q's maps and you can't get any fights. It sucks getting punished for that. We had to move on reset because we were on the quad server and got Q'd out of every map

>

> You may be right in that.

>

> Maybe those same guilds need to help with PPT to get out of T4? History tends to repeat itself

>

> Leaving because you are on an over stacked link is good.

>

> The ‘stuck in T4’? Well... no.

Sure eliminate PPT 100% and make it so the only way to score points is to kill take and defend structures and we will carry any dead server to t1 ezpz.. OH wait yeah we play a game where having the most Asians and Aussies is the only thing that conditions which server plays in which tier even tho we play on servers that are supposed to be North American servers... NVM!!!!!