World Linking Error 21 December 2018

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Heibi.4251" said:

> So the server that received the erroneous links will get to advance due to this "Bug"? Or are you going to fix the match and repeat the match-ups from this week? Very unfair to the other servers facing them. YB will now just roll over everyone. Look at the current match-up between YB, HOD and SOS - YB is walking away with it and the other servers can't stop or slow them down, and they know it. Should have been as simple as going in like you do on Friday night and re-linking the servers and zeroing the scores. If I worked there and made that mistake I would want to fix it. Professionalism should be job one. Enjoy the Christmas present YB.

You think YB likes this mistake? HAH. We hate it just as much as everyone else, because if they don't do glicko with the fix we're screwed. At least now we know what it feels like to be on a stacked server, if only for a week.

> @"Heibi.4251" said:

> > @"Djamonja.6453" said:

> > > @"Calli.6309" said:

> > > Has Anet made an announcement whether the matchups will be reverted back to how it is rn, or according to how this week will turn up?

> >

> > The links will be the ones that they posted here in the forums (according to Anet). The matchups we don't know -- it could be glicko * RNG like regular relink-resets are, so the matchup could be different. I don't think it's going to be 1 up/1 down.

>

> Yeah, would be totally unfair to the affected servers to count this week's score. Just fix the links and do the week over with the same match ups.

What exactly would be unfair? Just because a server moved down and other moved up? What exactly does one gain or lose with that?

> @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> I certainly hope not. I think Anet should do random relinks all the time. Never tell anybody where they are going. I know it won't stop server stacking, but it would at least make people wait a bit before doing it.

Technically they do... They never announce the link before doing it.

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > I certainly hope not. I think Anet should do random relinks all the time. Never tell anybody where they are going. I know it won't stop server stacking, but it would at least make people wait a bit before doing it.

>

> Technically they do... They never announce the link before doing it.

Then how do Guilds know before the relink which server they are going to pay other people to transfer to? I have seen posts where people state that some guilds do this before AND after the relink.

> @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > I certainly hope not. I think Anet should do random relinks all the time. Never tell anybody where they are going. I know it won't stop server stacking, but it would at least make people wait a bit before doing it.

> >

> > Technically they do... They never announce the link before doing it.

>

> Then how do Guilds know before the relink which server they are going to pay other people to transfer to? I have seen posts where people state that some guilds do this before AND after the relink.

I never heard of people knowing beforehand which the links would be except in the cases where Anet posted the NA links along with the EU links (Which happen a few hours before NA). Unless these people have inside info or some kind of scrying witchcraft there isn't a way of them knowing it until Anet post them.

After the link, you can just get the info from other players without waiting Anet to post. I gathered all links information in a few minutes after reset, long before anet posted them here.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"fayewind.4693" said:

> > I am from GoM and so is 3 of my guildies too. We stop going to WvW for the past week because foe is right outside our home base. Even with outnumber bonus, we cannot walk out at all. Will there be any compensation from this error?

>

> So, they have all three exits on 4 maps blocked?

Come see for yourself.

> @"fayewind.4693" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"fayewind.4693" said:

> > > I am from GoM and so is 3 of my guildies too. We stop going to WvW for the past week because foe is right outside our home base. Even with outnumber bonus, we cannot walk out at all. Will there be any compensation from this error?

> >

> > So, they have all three exits on 4 maps blocked?

>

> Come see for yourself.

You own your Third in EbG.

And it’s hard to believe that they have all three exits from span blocked on every map. Just because they own the structures, doesn’t mean they are preventing you from leaving.

Looking at the KdR, it would appear that GOM is doing well from the kill v death perspective.

Get a group of five together, find the most lightly defended exit, and go take their stuff on the other side of the map.

More reason to remove the option to transfer in the first place, or at least limit it to

> @"SteepledHat.1345" said:

> I don't understand why this is such a big deal? Seriously, WvW has 0 consequences now. Just go make the best of the situation you find yourself in.

It's strange, I know, but this is a GAME, and games are supposed to be FUN. When you're constantly outnumbered and outgunned because of a mistake, that isn't "fun".

I also speak from experience as my server is against GoM this week, and since the re-link commanders have repeatedly reminded each other to go easy on them, because if every time you logged in you had a war score of 50 and didn't control your own garrison, you'd just log off, and that's fun for nobody.

Mistakes happen, and I'm glad ANET is able to address this as quickly as they did.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> I also speak from experience as my server is against GoM this week, and since the re-link commanders have repeatedly reminded each other to go easy on them, because if every time you logged in you had a war score of 50 and didn't control your own garrison, you'd just log off, and that's fun for nobody.

>

> Mistakes happen, and I'm glad ANET is able to address this as quickly as they did.

War score right now is 43! LOL I am on GOM and it sure doesn't feel to me like our opposing servers are going easy. It may have started to go easy since I was talking to AR Commanders and told me they would. ( I don't know any NSP Commanders) GOM was just linked to AR a week ago, they were being easy but only for about two days. After that it was a free for all. The opposing servers haven't focused on each other much, just PPT GOM desert bl over and over... Desert BL is completely blue and hasn't changed so far as NSP upgrading our towers and keeps because much of GOM has stopped playing earlier in the week, myself included. I mean, why bother? You get rolled on any map that you are on. The past 3-4 days I only log on to do my dailies. We own nothing red on Desert BL as of this post and haven't for quite awhile with a war score of 40. AR and NSP are having a field day... I hope tonight's reset has a turn of direction.. Very disappointing for me as a player having to give up playing wvw

As far as Anet, I don't think they have addressed it yet but they are aware that the problem exists. I think a lot of repercussions will happen because of it if not already

> @"Challenge.3567" said:

>

>

>

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

>

> > I also speak from experience as my server is against GoM this week, and since the re-link commanders have repeatedly reminded each other to go easy on them, because if every time you logged in you had a war score of 50 and didn't control your own garrison, you'd just log off, and that's fun for nobody.

> >

> > Mistakes happen, and I'm glad ANET is able to address this as quickly as they did.

>

>

> War score right now is 43! LOL I am on GOM and it sure doesn't feel to me like our opposing servers are going easy. It may have started to go easy since I was talking to AR Commanders and told me they would. ( I don't know any NSP Commanders) GOM was just linked to AR a week ago, they were being easy but only for about two days. After that it was a free for all. The opposing servers haven't focused on each other much, just PPT GOM desert bl over and over... Desert BL is completely blue and hasn't changed so far as NSP upgrading our towers and keeps because much of GOM has stopped playing earlier in the week, myself included. I mean, why bother? You get rolled on any map that you are on. The past 3-4 days I only log on to do my dailies. We own nothing red on Desert BL as of this post and haven't for quite awhile with a war score of 40. AR and NSP are having a field day... I hope tonight's reset has a turn of direction.. Very disappointing for me as a player having to give up playing wvw

>

> As far as Anet, I don't think they have addressed it yet but they are aware that the problem exists. I think a lot of repercussions will happen because of it if not already

I'm on AR, so I know many of the commanders, at least earlier in the week, were discussing it. I do recall the odd one being a bit salty because GoM nabbed a keep, but hey, it's WvW :) At least everything will be fixed as of tonight, and I imagine many people didn't have much time to play anyways given the holiday season.

"Come sit with us while we read 'Twas a night before Christmas'"

"Not now, we're defending SMC!"

Yeah, that would not have gone over well.

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > @"Heibi.4251" said:

> > > @"Djamonja.6453" said:

> > > > @"Calli.6309" said:

> > > > Has Anet made an announcement whether the matchups will be reverted back to how it is rn, or according to how this week will turn up?

> > >

> > > The links will be the ones that they posted here in the forums (according to Anet). The matchups we don't know -- it could be glicko * RNG like regular relink-resets are, so the matchup could be different. I don't think it's going to be 1 up/1 down.

> >

> > Yeah, would be totally unfair to the affected servers to count this week's score. Just fix the links and do the week over with the same match ups.

>

> What exactly would be unfair? Just because a server moved down and other moved up? What exactly does one gain or lose with that?

Let's see:

YB is four servers currently. They were blob city all week. They rolled over everyone. This week was not a true measure of their ability.

CD got no link. They may have lost anyway, but they didn't stand chance this week due to the screw up.

GOM also got no link. Same as CD in this case.

So, yeah, all three match ups in those tiers should be replayed as they should have been played. The proper glicko can then be applied next week.

> @"Heibi.4251" said:

> > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > @"Heibi.4251" said:

> > > > @"Djamonja.6453" said:

> > > > > @"Calli.6309" said:

> > > > > Has Anet made an announcement whether the matchups will be reverted back to how it is rn, or according to how this week will turn up?

> > > >

> > > > The links will be the ones that they posted here in the forums (according to Anet). The matchups we don't know -- it could be glicko * RNG like regular relink-resets are, so the matchup could be different. I don't think it's going to be 1 up/1 down.

> > >

> > > Yeah, would be totally unfair to the affected servers to count this week's score. Just fix the links and do the week over with the same match ups.

> >

> > What exactly would be unfair? Just because a server moved down and other moved up? What exactly does one gain or lose with that?

>

> Let's see:

> YB is four servers currently. They were blob city all week. They rolled over everyone. This week was not a true measure of their ability.

> CD got no link. They may have lost anyway, but they didn't stand chance this week due to the screw up.

> GOM also got no link. Same as CD in this case.

> So, yeah, all three match ups in those tiers should be replayed as they should have been played. The proper glicko can then be applied next week.

And what exactly is the problem if they don't? What exactly those servers are losing?

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> They won’t be matched against BG for 9 weeks. It’s one up, one down.

One up, one down is great if you are in T2-T4, but when you are in T1, only 1 server ever changes. There is a great possibility that SBI could be stuck with BG until the end of February. Unfortunately we are finishing second this week so this will make 2 weeks against BG being constantly outnumbered and spawn camped with BG owning nearly everything on every map. Needless to say BG and the bandwagon transfers to ET have made this week nothing but a living hell for SBI and CD and it is only going to get worse before it gets better unfortunately.

> @"Mystic Moon Maiden.3786" said:

>

> > They won’t be matched against BG for 9 weeks. It’s one up, one down.

>

> One up, one down is great if you are in T2-T4, but when you are in T1, only 1 server ever changes. There is a great possibility that SBI could be stuck with BG until the end of February. Unfortunately we are finishing second this week so this will make 2 weeks against BG being constantly outnumbered and spawn camped with BG owning nearly everything on every map. Needless to say BG and the bandwagon transfers to ET have made this week nothing but a living hell for SBI and CD and it is only going to get worse before it gets better unfortunately.

>

>

Do what others have done: convince your server to tank.

Who knows, when the weeks shake out.

>

>

> One up, one down is great if you are in T2-T4, but when you are in T1, only 1 server ever changes. There is a great possibility that SBI could be stuck with BG until the end of February. Unfortunately we are finishing second this week so this will make 2 weeks against BG being constantly outnumbered and spawn camped with BG owning nearly everything on every map. Needless to say BG and the bandwagon transfers to ET have made this week nothing but a living hell for SBI and CD and it is only going to get worse before it gets better unfortunately.

>

>

I'm really unsure if there are as many bandwagoners to ET as people think they are. The population of the server still shows medium. The one guild that went there apparently only went there to play on reset night and hasn't played since (and will be leaving after).

Could it possibly be that BG has a ginormous sleeper population that suddenly decided to come out when they got a link? Highly likely. I can't see how a medium population server put them way over the edge. I think this just confirms that BG should never have a link under any circumstances. If their players choose not to play for whatever reason, that's on them.

> @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> > @"Mystic Moon Maiden.3786" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> >

> > > They won’t be matched against BG for 9 weeks. It’s one up, one down.

> >

> > One up, one down is great if you are in T2-T4, but when you are in T1, only 1 server ever changes. There is a great possibility that SBI could be stuck with BG until the end of February. Unfortunately we are finishing second this week so this will make 2 weeks against BG being constantly outnumbered and spawn camped with BG owning nearly everything on every map. Needless to say BG and the bandwagon transfers to ET have made this week nothing but a living hell for SBI and CD and it is only going to get worse before it gets better unfortunately.

> >

> >

>

> I'm really unsure if there are as many bandwagoners to ET as people think they are. The population of the server still shows medium. The one guild that went there apparently only went there to play on reset night and hasn't played since (and will be leaving after).

>

> Could it possibly be that BG has a ginormous sleeper population that suddenly decided to come out when they got a link? Highly likely. I can't see how a medium population server put them way over the edge. I think this just confirms that BG should never have a link under any circumstances. If their players choose not to play for whatever reason, that's on them.

I question if there was a Population reevaluation at all considering that none of the servers changed their status from last week despite many movements occuring on relinks.

>

>

>

>

As long your server don't outppt TC next week, it's likely that you are out of the tier... TC+JQ did a pretty damn good PPT job to win T2 with a 0.6 KDR.

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > @"Heibi.4251" said:

> > > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > > @"Heibi.4251" said:

> > > > > @"Djamonja.6453" said:

> > > > > > @"Calli.6309" said:

> > > > > > Has Anet made an announcement whether the matchups will be reverted back to how it is rn, or according to how this week will turn up?

> > > > >

> > > > > The links will be the ones that they posted here in the forums (according to Anet). The matchups we don't know -- it could be glicko * RNG like regular relink-resets are, so the matchup could be different. I don't think it's going to be 1 up/1 down.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah, would be totally unfair to the affected servers to count this week's score. Just fix the links and do the week over with the same match ups.

> > >

> > > What exactly would be unfair? Just because a server moved down and other moved up? What exactly does one gain or lose with that?

> >

> > Let's see:

> > YB is four servers currently. They were blob city all week. They rolled over everyone. This week was not a true measure of their ability.

> > CD got no link. They may have lost anyway, but they didn't stand chance this week due to the screw up.

> > GOM also got no link. Same as CD in this case.

> > So, yeah, all three match ups in those tiers should be replayed as they should have been played. The proper glicko can then be applied next week.

>

> And what exactly is the problem if they don't? What exactly those servers are losing?

I can see that no matter what answer I give you are going to ignore facts. Conversation ended. Yay - you win. Now keep thinking that this week was a fair match up.

> @"Heibi.4251" said:

> > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > @"Heibi.4251" said:

> > > > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > > > @"Heibi.4251" said:

> > > > > > @"Djamonja.6453" said:

> > > > > > > @"Calli.6309" said:

> > > > > > > Has Anet made an announcement whether the matchups will be reverted back to how it is rn, or according to how this week will turn up?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The links will be the ones that they posted here in the forums (according to Anet). The matchups we don't know -- it could be glicko * RNG like regular relink-resets are, so the matchup could be different. I don't think it's going to be 1 up/1 down.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah, would be totally unfair to the affected servers to count this week's score. Just fix the links and do the week over with the same match ups.

> > > >

> > > > What exactly would be unfair? Just because a server moved down and other moved up? What exactly does one gain or lose with that?

> > >

> > > Let's see:

> > > YB is four servers currently. They were blob city all week. They rolled over everyone. This week was not a true measure of their ability.

> > > CD got no link. They may have lost anyway, but they didn't stand chance this week due to the screw up.

> > > GOM also got no link. Same as CD in this case.

> > > So, yeah, all three match ups in those tiers should be replayed as they should have been played. The proper glicko can then be applied next week.

> >

> > And what exactly is the problem if they don't? What exactly those servers are losing?

>

> I can see that no matter what answer I give you are going to ignore facts. Conversation ended. Yay - you win. Now keep thinking that this week was a fair match up.

I never said that match was fair... I just said you are making too much noise for somenthing that isn't a issue. So what if servers drop a tier? You get a whole lot of nothing by winning/losing WvW matchups anyway.

If anything YB will be the most affected server if they maintain the 1u1d because they are going up to T2 with less people than they had on T3. But you obviously don't care about YB because they are the villains in your eyes since they are the Quadlink that dominated the matchup unfairly.

Thanks for nothing. This past week has been nothing but BS (awesome censorship too). GW2 is dying because issues like this go unfixed because Anet is too busy going on vacation to fix their own mistakes. That should have been a simple fix yet nothing was done about it so some players get rewarded while others are punished unfairly. It's so much fun logging into ebg and not being able to move past the entrance waypoint because YB has a 4 server zerg bag farming anyone who enters. Bravo, Anet staff.

> @"HBKOmega.5039" said:

> Thanks for nothing. This past week has been nothing but BS (awesome censorship too). GW2 is dying because issues like this go unfixed because Anet is too busy going on vacation to fix their own mistakes. That should have been a simple fix yet nothing was done about it so some players get rewarded while others are punished unfairly. It's so much fun logging into ebg and not being able to move past the entrance waypoint because YB has a 4 server zerg bag farming anyone who enters. Bravo, Anet staff.

I didn’t realize your matchup doesn’t have other maps.