Ballance Guardian

albastrel.9023

> @"Exedore.6320" said:

> 50% crit chance with Retaliation active trait is too strong. It allows high damage while still being somewhat tanky (valkyrie amulet). Needs a nerf or ramping benefit. Probably just a straight nerf setting how over-budget it is.

I'd say drop the crit chance down to 25% but double the Might gain of the trait as compensation. That would reduce the spikyness of the build while giving it more power to stay in fights for longer.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"Exedore.6320" said:

> > 50% crit chance with Retaliation active trait is too strong. It allows high damage while still being somewhat tanky (valkyrie amulet). Needs a nerf or ramping benefit. Probably just a straight nerf setting how over-budget it is.

>

> I'd say drop the crit chance down to 25% but double the Might gain of the trait as compensation. That would reduce the spikyness of the build while giving it more power to stay in fights for longer.

Perma 10 might isnt enough ,its should be 20 !

Add str runes and its passive 25 might while you do nothing and faceroll over keyboard xD

> @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > > @"Exedore.6320" said:

> > > 50% crit chance with Retaliation active trait is too strong. It allows high damage while still being somewhat tanky (valkyrie amulet). Needs a nerf or ramping benefit. Probably just a straight nerf setting how over-budget it is.

> >

> > I'd say drop the crit chance down to 25% but double the Might gain of the trait as compensation. That would reduce the spikyness of the build while giving it more power to stay in fights for longer.

>

> Perma 10 might isnt enough ,its should be 20 !

> Add str runes and its passive 25 might while you do nothing and faceroll over keyboard xD

YES!

But seriously speaking, it's 6 Might currently, if you manage to keep retal up, to which a traited F1 gives a boost of +3 Might. So for the current build it(if RI gave 2 Might) would be like 12 Might you get + the 3 from F1, and some occasional Might from Valor.

And any Guardian that picks Strength runes over Lynx or Traveler, I will personally spank. (if you live within convenient 50 clicks from me)

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > 50% crit chance with Retaliation active trait is too strong. It allows high damage while still being somewhat tanky (valkyrie amulet). Needs a nerf or ramping benefit. Probably just a straight nerf setting how over-budget it is.

>

> I'd say drop the crit chance down to 25% but double the Might gain of the trait as compensation. That would reduce the spikyness of the build while giving it more power to stay in fights for longer.

Why not just 180 precision like everyone else ?

> @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > > @"Exedore.6320" said:

> > > 50% crit chance with Retaliation active trait is too strong. It allows high damage while still being somewhat tanky (valkyrie amulet). Needs a nerf or ramping benefit. Probably just a straight nerf setting how over-budget it is.

> >

> > I'd say drop the crit chance down to 25% but double the Might gain of the trait as compensation. That would reduce the spikyness of the build while giving it more power to stay in fights for longer.

>

> Why not just 180 precision like everyone else ?

Damn , you are right...Put ferocity from retal to 180 as well

> @"Exedore.6320" said:

> 50% crit chance with Retaliation active trait is too strong. It allows high damage while still being somewhat tanky (valkyrie amulet). Needs a nerf or ramping benefit. Probably just a straight nerf setting how over-budget it is.

Why is people complaining about Guardian damage when at high tiers and comformed teams is pretty much always played in support/bunker builds? With so low base HP the only thing that keeps viable core Guardian and DH in mid to low tiers is having Righteous Instincts combined with valk stats to compensate the low crit chance. Blow that trait and everyone will fly to bunker Firebrand. DPS Guardians are fun to fight, tank Firebrands aren't.

> @"albastrel.9023" said:

> the highest dmg in that game!!

And has also no CC and limited mobility.

> @"Exedore.6320" said:

Core guardian will be dead.

I am not aware of anyone playing core guardian in either AT or high ranked. It is the same issue as trap DH in HoT. It dominates clueless, but is poor in competitive play.

> @"Exedore.6320" said:

Yep its a bit too strong with how it functions. On the flip side, all it takes is to strip retaliation for it not to function anymore.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > Why not just 180 precision like everyone else ?

>

> Because that's wrong. That's what signets do.

> Reapers can pick up 71% conditional crit chance from their traitlines with 0 precision. They mostly don't but that's beside the point.

You could even say 100% do not be shy. _Decimate defense_ 50% (2% per vuln on foe), _death perception_ 33% (while in shroud) and _target the weak_ 28% max (2% per condition on your foe). If we throw a bit of fury on top of it we even get 20% more, which put us at 131% "conditionnal" crit chance.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"albastrel.9023" said:

> > the highest dmg in that game!!

>

> And has also no CC and limited mobility.

>

>

> Core guardian will be dead.

>

> I am not aware of anyone playing core guardian in either AT or high ranked. It is the same issue as trap DH in HoT. It dominates clueless, but is poor in competitive play.

Just most players are bad but yes there are a lot more other offenders beeing way stronger.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > > Why not just 180 precision like everyone else ?

> >

> > Because that's wrong. That's what signets do.

> > Reapers can pick up 71% conditional crit chance from their traitlines with 0 precision. They mostly don't but that's beside the point.

>

> You could even say 100% do not be shy. _Decimate defense_ 50% (2% per vuln on foe), _death perception_ 33% (while in shroud) and _target the weak_ 28% max (2% per condition on your foe). If we throw a bit of fury on top of it we even get 20% more, which put us at 131% "conditionnal" crit chance.

Oh yeah, Decimate Defenses was 2% per stack. For some reason I thought it was 1%.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > Buff dragonhunter

>

> This thread wants to nerf DH and Core..

>

> I dont get our community to be honest...

> "We want balance, POF specs too strong, need diversity"

> "Nerf core and HoT builds because they keep up with my PoF build"

>

Nerfing core and nerfing PoF are not mutually exclusive; you can ask for one without eliminating the possibility of the other. Both have significant power creep.

> @"Exedore.6320" said:

While I understand that sentiment, "you shouldn't be tanky and do high damage" core guardian is far from the worst offender in that regard. Running valkyrie (to keep your health at a moderately high level) puts core guard at a level footing, it's hardly OP. Consider they have only the base heavy armor and no toughness, and the base health pool of guardian is quite low. If you *don't* run vitality you will fall over very quickly and your dps is moot.

> @"Exedore.6320" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > Buff dragonhunter

> >

> > This thread wants to nerf DH and Core..

> >

> > I dont get our community to be honest...

> > "We want balance, POF specs too strong, need diversity"

> > "Nerf core and HoT builds because they keep up with my PoF build"

> >

> Nerfing core and nerfing PoF are not mutually exclusive; you can ask for one without eliminating the possibility of the other. Both have significant power creep.

People are asking for nerfs to core traits that effect DH players, news to me that DH is "power creep", havent heard anyone say that since HoT release.