A better way to get Glider and Mounts

I have been a HUGE fan since the days of Tri-Forge. I have beta tested and played GW 1 & 2 for countless hours and loved every minute. Then the Glider quest has me at a stalemate trying to figure out through the huge maze of confusion. Been working on it off and on for some time and get completely frustrated and give up.

I have bought all GW game addons and yet getting stuck there is not fun at all.

I want to get both glider and mount. There has to be a way around this. I paid the price, I put in the hours, how about a bug fix or something?

Just a note. You might want a story quest buddy for the hot story as the maps are VERY confusing at first. The mushrooms will work eventually once you get the mastery but you won't need it for awhile.

You also will get your first mount after completing just the first story bit in pof.

And I have everything done in hot...except gold on most of the little mini adventures which is what bugs in the branches is. No need to get all of those ever!

You get told after completing the HoT intro chapter something to the effect that you will need the glider you are given to get around the zone. Then the crash site turns into Maguma's Breach, complete with the Waypoint, the merchant, the anvil and the scout and sundry NPC's. You must have noticed this and the other players running about if you did the mission? If that has happened then you have done it, basically. I'm assuming you have Glider Basics skill at lvl 1? You need to spend a Mastery point on it but IIRC you get a point for completing the Intro mission.