Forum Badges - The Full List

Earix.5684

This forum seems to use the same software as the ESO forum, which means a lot of the badges are likely the same.

So the inactive ones are probably pointless things like a badge for tagging someone in a post using @ or for posting a picture. I assume whoever designed the system intened it to prompt people to learn about all the different functions, but it seems like a weird way of doing it to me.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Lonami.2987 said:

> > @Earix.5684 said:

> > - "500 Agrees"

> > - "500 LOLs"

>

> Are these for emotes? Let's try:

>

> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

>

> :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

>

> Seems that's not it. Must be a hidden option similar to helpful, thumbs up, etc.

I think it is different reactions to posts.

The ESO forum has 'Insightful', 'Agree', 'Awesome' and used to have 'LOL'. I assume there's a whole list and admins can choose which to allow on their forum.

> @Arzurag.7506 said:

> Does someone know the requirements to write/have a signature ? I´ve found out you have to reach some to be able to write/have a signature.

I don't think anyone knows. So, I said to heck with that and made my own. I copy paste my "signature" from my notepad after each post. A bit of effort to do it each time....... but I got my signature back.

Be careful what you ask for. ANet might give it to you.

> @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> Hmmm, I'm very certain I will never achieve most of those badges. Oh well. :)

You just got another thumbs up from me, so you're one step closer! =)

> @Tinkerbee.2873 said:

> Im just up thumbing everyone :3 :3

Much appreciated. I also thumb up as much as possible as long as it's a good post. If it it's good, well-thought out, or even makes me laugh (in a good way), it gets an upvote. I want to help people get to Veteran as fast as possible.

**Fun Note:** If you get 100 upvotes, but then someone removes an upvote (as in they re-click it, and you're down to 99 total), you'll still get the 100 upvote badge.

> @"Tearthy Flame.1463" said:

> Just give me the Signature function and be able to upload my own Avatar. These are silly restrictions. And move the silly notification for Saved Draft...

Totally agree. In fact, any and all notifications just pop up in the middle of your screen. Not just "saved draft," but for discussion notifications. It needs to be modified to something like a pop-up in the upper-left or upper-right of the screen.

> @TheProfessor.7012 said:

> Yeah, its kind of silly that the lot of us who have been around in the game and forum for four years or more don't already have the anniversary badges.

> The new forums are 'neat' but I think its kind of silly that we can't have signatures since I like to show my Fort Aspenwood pride.

>

I would like to show my guild pride and link my fan story. :) Hence, again, why I'm trying to help everyone get to Veteran Rank as fast as possible.

> @Kaspar.3892 said:

> inb4 forum manipulation in order to get badges

>

> @Tinkerbee.2873 said:

> Im just up thumbing everyone :3 :3

>

Too late. XD

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @Arzurag.7506 said:

> > Does someone know the requirements to write/have a signature ? I´ve found out you have to reach some to be able to write/have a signature.

>

> I don't think anyone knows. So, I said to heck with that and made my own. I copy paste my "signature" from my notepad after each post. A bit of effort to do it each time....... but I got my signature back.

>

> .

>

> ___________

> Be careful what you ask for. ANet might give it to you.

> ___________

>

Well that's good, because I need your signature around to reference in suggestion topics!

> @Oreki.9507 said:

> At what moment does it count towards the anniversary achievement, first comment? or first sign in to new forums?

I would guess first sign in. Yours would be "DateInserted": "2017-09-12 20:32:34" (UTC).

If you wanna check the raw data: go to your profile (or any other page here), add .json at the end of the URL.

• ArenaNet Staff

A few notes for you on the badges:

* Badges are just for fun. I don't really know why they have points, but the points don't matter for anything. (Unless you **want** them to, in which case I'll start building a super secret Christmas truffle list for people who reach.... no, I'm not even going to finish that attempted joke, because someone might believe me! =) )

* You might have noticed that the order is wood, bronze, silver, gold, and platinum We thought that was pretty fun. They way things are going, I might have to fire up a thread to ask for your suggestions about something beyond platinum. Plutonium? Berillium? If yes, what the heck does that stuff even look like? :)

* These are custom images -- we made 'em here at ArenaNet. Other companies and other forum users use stock Vanilla images, or use their own art, but we like ours just fine and I'm glad that you seem to like them, too!