Forum Badges - The Full List

Earix.5684

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> A few notes for you on the badges:

> * Badges are just for fun. I don't really know why they have points, but the points don't matter for anything. (Unless you **want** them to, in which case I'll start building a super secret Christmas truffle list for people who reach.... no, I'm not even going to finish that attempted joke, because someone might believe me! =) )

> * You might have noticed that the order is wood, bronze, silver, gold, and platinum We thought that was pretty fun. They way things are going, I might have to fire up a thread to ask for your suggestions about something beyond platinum. Plutonium? Berillium? If yes, what the heck does that stuff even look like? :)

> * These are custom images -- we made 'em here at ArenaNet. Other companies and other forum users use stock Vanilla images, or use their own art, but we like ours just fine and I'm glad that you seem to like them, too!

Surely the answer to that second point is Darksteel, Mithril, Orichalcum, Deldrimor Steel? ;)

Also I vote yes to this super secret Christmas truffle list! Or super secret Christmas card list, since truffles would most likely exclude those of us who live abroad.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> * You might have noticed that the order is wood, bronze, silver, gold, and platinum We thought that was pretty fun. They way things are going, I might have to fire up a thread to ask for your suggestions about something beyond platinum. Plutonium? Berillium? If yes, what the heck does that stuff even look like? :)

Mithril, Orichalcum, first surely, then Deldrimor...

> @Danikat.8537 said:

> This forum seems to use the same software as the ESO forum, which means a lot of the badges are likely the same.

>

> So the inactive ones are probably pointless things like a badge for tagging someone in a post using @ or for posting a picture. I assume whoever designed the system intened it to prompt people to learn about all the different functions, but it seems like a weird way of doing it to me.

After posting in the Zenimax/ESO forums for years, since THEIR Betas.. NO.. its not even close to the same base development material, unless you think all HTML software is the same.

> * Badges are just for fun. I don't really know why they have points, but the points don't matter for anything. (Unless you **want** them to, in which case I'll start building a super secret Christmas truffle list for people who reach.... no, I'm not even going to finish that attempted joke, because someone might believe me! =) )

> * These are custom images -- we made 'em here at ArenaNet. Other companies and other forum users use stock Vanilla images, or use their own art, but we like ours just fine and I'm glad that you seem to like them, too!

The points don't matter... oh, hey! everyone we're now playing Who's Line is it Anyway?!

Platinum? I thought that was Diamond... I mean... the icon looks more like Diamond than Platinum...

> @Razor.9872 said:

> We'll, from the looks of things, I won't be 'grinding' anything; I'm active enough that I'll likely get the thumbup/helpful badges naturally in a year or two.

No grinding from me either. I usually just read posts, anything useful i have to add has already been said by someone else.

> @Nightlark.4029 said:

> A full list of badges can also be found at https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/badges (which I imagine should always be up to date, unless ANet disables that page or adds hidden badges).

I guess it can be disabled because this page wasn't available yesterday.

They also activated the full list where you can check all the inactive badges:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/badges/all.json

If the badges are just for fun, why then am I not allowed yet to create my signature ?

I mean, it seems that the ability to do so is tied to badges.

Please just remove all badges relating to forum reactions (and ideally remove the forum reactions all together).

It seems like a nice feature at first, but all it does is encourage people to spam and trade reactions for the badges (would not be surprised if there's an "upvote me" thread starting soon for the sake of the badges.

> @rapthorne.7345 said:

> would not be surprised if there's an "upvote me" thread starting soon for the sake of the badges.

The things people do for virtual, somewhat 'meaningless' things. x) It feels like it's Scouts/Brownies all over again. Badges. Badges. Badges! Badges! Mushroom Muushrooom! (The first person who gets that reference, will receive a cookie baked by my Guardian).

> @Sophiia.6310 said:

> > @rapthorne.7345 said:

> > would not be surprised if there's an "upvote me" thread starting soon for the sake of the badges.

>

> The things people do for virtual, somewhat 'meaningless' things. x) It feels like it's Scouts/Brownies all over again. Badges. Badges. Badges! Badges! Mushroom Muushrooom! (The first person who gets that reference gets a virtual cookie).

>

>

@"Sophiia.6310" SNAAAAAKKKKEEEEEE SNNNAAAKKEEE...

Badger, badger, badger, badger, Mushroom! Mushroom!

I saw that video in High School. :)

> @Zaraki.5784 said:

> Hod does "First Comment" badge work? I first-posted a thread but no badge :/

> Edit: I didn't notice I already had it, I know, I'm stupid, ignore this comment xD

It's a badge you get for making your first comment, not for being the first one to reply to a topic.

It's basically the forum equivalent of the 'achievement' some games give you for completing the tutorial (or in at least one case pressing Start to access the menu after the game has loaded).

**I have a couple of questions:**

* So how do the ranks work? Are they directly related to points earned from Badges?

* What does each rank unlock?

* Will we ever be able to have custom avatar pics _(or at least a much larger selection)_?

_(P.S. also wouldn't mind having an underline option in the editing post box)_