Would you be interested in all the classes getting 1 or 2 new additional core skills?

Back in vanilla I remember Arena Net added 1 new class based heal skill to all the classes and also added a new living story heal skill that all classes got.

For most classes the new class heal wasn't the best thing but still provided something new for build theory prior to the concepts of expansions in GW2. I like how the Expansions handle adding new skills and not taking away from that. The Elite Spec concept is great.

But I personally would like to see new core stock skills added to classes. Because one problem with the Elite Specs is that they only introduce new skill types to the classes that they don't already have. But let's say I want a new skill of an already existing stock skill type, that likely won't ever happen.

For example, I like the concept of Necromancer minions. Minions is stock Necromancer skill type, which future Elite Specs most likely will never have that skill type since they only do new skill types. So I most likely will never get a new Minions to summon besides the minions I already have. That's just one example. Engineer and kits/Turrets is another example. Elite spec Engineer likely won't ever introduce new Kits/Turrets, since they are an already existing stock skill type for the class. Not say the skills have to be greatly OP or even the best. But something new to the already existing skill types would be a great addition between expansions. Do you agree with this or against it?

My main class is engineer and this class actually brings some problems thematically to bringing new skills to the base skill types.

Most professions in this game have 5 different skill types, but engineer just has 4 (gadgets, elixirs, kits and turrets). Back then, we just had 3 heal skills für each profession and they added another heal skill to one of the remaining skill types for each profession.

So there would be room for other professions to get another heal skill to fit thematically with the last skill type, but engineer already has a heal skill for each of its categories.

And this is a problem in general. Adding 1 new skill for each type would mean that they create 5 new skills for the other classes, but just 4 for the engineer. This is not an option eithr.

The only possible thing I could imagine would be to add a new elite skill for each profession, since it is the same situation like with heal skills back then. Each profession has 3 elite skills based on one of the skill types. So they can add another one, chosing one of the remaining categories for others while giving engineers a new gadget elite skill.

The different skill types (shouts, stances, signets etc) are not completed though.

Most skill types have:

1 heal, 4 utility, 1 elite.

Other skill types are missing heal, elite or both (ranger signet heal&elite, warrior shout elite, warrior stance elite, thief deception elite etc etc)

I think it would be nice for anet to add the missing skill types, so that each skill type (on every class that has access to it) has 1 heal, 4 utility, 1 elite skill.

Choosing the cd-reduction + effect trait for a skill type that has only 4 utilities feels a bit lackluster and "inefficient".

This is impossible for me to answer without more information. I might be in favour, indifferent or against it but it depends on what the skills do. Which also means my answer could be different for each profession and their skill.

If I thought Anet would perfectly balance each one with everything already in the game then I'd be somewhere between indifferent and happy because they wouldn't be any more useful than current skills (or they wouldn't be perfectly balanced) but they might be more interesting it suit my playstyle more.

But I suspect the reality is we'd get a mix of all 3; some will quickly become a "must have" for that profession, some will be so useless they're not worth taking over existing skills and some will be ok depending on your build.

more skills in any form is good.

but first of all, already mentioned, pre existing sets are already missing heals and elites and that is absolutely a priority.

my worry would be with 61 new skills accounting for all the core and elite spec skill sets for every profession (if i did my math right) if every set was gievn 1 new skill, that it may distract the balance team from existing issues.

> @"DerJoker.9081" said:

> The different skill types (shouts, stances, signets etc) are not completed though.

> Most skill types have:

>

> 1 heal, 4 utility, 1 elite.

>

> Other skill types are missing heal, elite or both (ranger signet heal&elite, warrior shout elite, warrior stance elite, thief deception elite etc etc)

>

> I think it would be nice for anet to add the missing skill types, so that each skill type (on every class that has access to it) has 1 heal, 4 utility, 1 elite skill.

>

> Choosing the cd-reduction + effect trait for a skill type that has only 4 utilities feels a bit lackluster and "inefficient".

>

Couldn't agree more. Just fill out missing skill types would be great.