Should Anet Stop letting us Buy Unusable Items ?

Nunya.4920

Or at least tell you if you already have everything the item can unlock, similarly to what Warframe does with its bundles. In every bundle page, the game displays the full list of unlockables it contains, highlights what you already own, and even tells you if it contains skins for items youdon't have.

edit : marvelous typo

Most definitely... although I think the missing limit counter for certain items could probably just be an oversight on the devs part - or else Anet is planning something else with that item.

Anyway, you should try to speak to one of their customer service officers to see what they can do for you. They're really nice people! :)

I agree it would be helpful if mount licences could let you know when you've unlocked all the mounts available with that licence like most items (outfits, mini pets, dyes on the TP etc.) already do. I'd prefer them not to be completely hidden, because then you can't gift them either, but there could be a little note on the item description.

It would also be helpful if there was a way to see all the mounts which can be unlocked through a particular licence on the TP, instead of having to open the hero panel and look for them there. Or even a way to filter the hero panel menu to show just the mounts from 1 type of licence. I know it's a very small thing, but it would be a nice time-saver, especially as we get more mounts and more licences.

I did the same thing. I bought the Istani Isle Mount Adoption and found that I had already unlocked all of the mount skins available for that license. I submitted a ticket to Arenanet and they refunded me with no problems.

I am pleased that they did this but it definitely would have been nice if the game could have told me from the beginning that I had already unlocked all of those skins and saved both me and the devs some time and trouble.