High end Support pve chrono players, how much fun are you having now since Dec 11?

Einsof.1457

> @"Xstein.2187" said:

> > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > This is a pointless poll as @"Obtena.7952" pointed out.

> >

> > You are wondering if Chrono, players which have been OP META for YEARS and received a nerf out of their REQUIRED roll are having less fun.

> >

> > Of course you had more fun when the spec was so OP that it was required and literally only the option.

> >

> > This poll just shows me that a lot of people only played Chrono because it was OP and have "quit" when it lost the OP status. These were fair-weather flavor of the month [or in chronos position, flavor of the YEARS] players.

> >

> >

>

> All I can say is NOPE, almost 100% of what you said is wrong. This thread has almost nothing to do with what you just said and the OP even specifically said what the purpose of this pole was before you posted your comment.

Sorry, you cant disconnect Chrono being OP and it being "Fun". They are inherently connected and have been since Chrono was made. Period.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > @"Xstein.2187" said:

> > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > This is a pointless poll as @"Obtena.7952" pointed out.

> > >

> > > You are wondering if Chrono, players which have been OP META for YEARS and received a nerf out of their REQUIRED roll are having less fun.

> > >

> > > Of course you had more fun when the spec was so OP that it was required and literally only the option.

> > >

> > > This poll just shows me that a lot of people only played Chrono because it was OP and have "quit" when it lost the OP status. These were fair-weather flavor of the month [or in chronos position, flavor of the YEARS] players.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > All I can say is NOPE, almost 100% of what you said is wrong. This thread has almost nothing to do with what you just said and the OP even specifically said what the purpose of this pole was before you posted your comment.

>

> Sorry, you cant disconnect Chrono being OP and it being "Fun". They are inherently connected and have been since Chrono was made. Period.

Sorry, once again I 100% disagree with everything you said. Players posting videos playing non-meta chrono builds demonstrate this. But thanks for your reply anyways.

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > @"Xstein.2187" said:

> > > This is a pointless poll as @"Obtena.7952" pointed out.

> > >

> > > You are wondering if Chrono, players which have been OP META for YEARS and received a nerf out of their REQUIRED roll are having less fun.

> > >

> > > Of course you had more fun when the spec was so OP that it was required and literally only the option.

> > >

> > > This poll just shows me that a lot of people only played Chrono because it was OP and have "quit" when it lost the OP status. These were fair-weather flavor of the month [or in chronos position, flavor of the YEARS] players.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > All I can say is NOPE, almost 100% of what you said is wrong. This thread has almost nothing to do with what you just said and the OP even specifically said what the purpose of this pole was before you posted your comment.

>

> Sorry, you cant disconnect Chrono being OP and it being "Fun". They are inherently connected and have been since Chrono was made. Period.

I've played mesmer since pre-launch. Over 85% of my 6 thousand hours in this game are on mesmer. I no longer play it because it is no longer efficient or fun in any of the game modes I play. You're beyond wrong.

> @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > @"Xstein.2187" said:

> > > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > > This is a pointless poll as @"Obtena.7952" pointed out.

> > > >

> > > > You are wondering if Chrono, players which have been OP META for YEARS and received a nerf out of their REQUIRED roll are having less fun.

> > > >

> > > > Of course you had more fun when the spec was so OP that it was required and literally only the option.

> > > >

> > > > This poll just shows me that a lot of people only played Chrono because it was OP and have "quit" when it lost the OP status. These were fair-weather flavor of the month [or in chronos position, flavor of the YEARS] players.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > All I can say is NOPE, almost 100% of what you said is wrong. This thread has almost nothing to do with what you just said and the OP even specifically said what the purpose of this pole was before you posted your comment.

> >

> > Sorry, you cant disconnect Chrono being OP and it being "Fun". They are inherently connected and have been since Chrono was made. Period.

>

> I've played mesmer since pre-launch. Over 85% of my 6 thousand hours in this game are on mesmer. I no longer play it because it is no longer efficient or fun in any of the game modes I play. You're beyond wrong.

I see, you only liked boon share chrono and dont find fun in any of the other Chrono or Mirage specs? It is certainly your choice to only want to play Chrono boonshare and who am I to say that is the only spec of Mesmer that made you happy. If that was the only narrow sliver of playstyle that Mesmer had that you liked, I feel your loss. I had a warrior spec that I liked like that for a while, and while it hurts to lose what you like, it was necessary for the betterment and health of the game, just like it is for Chrono players now.

I wish you the best finding a new profession you enjoy. The good thing is that there are more options out there.

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > > @"Xstein.2187" said:

> > > > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > > > This is a pointless poll as @"Obtena.7952" pointed out.

> > > > >

> > > > > You are wondering if Chrono, players which have been OP META for YEARS and received a nerf out of their REQUIRED roll are having less fun.

> > > > >

> > > > > Of course you had more fun when the spec was so OP that it was required and literally only the option.

> > > > >

> > > > > This poll just shows me that a lot of people only played Chrono because it was OP and have "quit" when it lost the OP status. These were fair-weather flavor of the month [or in chronos position, flavor of the YEARS] players.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > All I can say is NOPE, almost 100% of what you said is wrong. This thread has almost nothing to do with what you just said and the OP even specifically said what the purpose of this pole was before you posted your comment.

> > >

> > > Sorry, you cant disconnect Chrono being OP and it being "Fun". They are inherently connected and have been since Chrono was made. Period.

> >

> > I've played mesmer since pre-launch. Over 85% of my 6 thousand hours in this game are on mesmer. I no longer play it because it is no longer efficient or fun in any of the game modes I play. You're beyond wrong.

>

> I see, you only liked boon share chrono and dont find fun in any of the other Chrono or Mirage specs? It is certainly your choice to only want to play Chrono boonshare and who am I to say that is the only spec of Mesmer that made you happy. If that was the only narrow sliver of playstyle that Mesmer had that you liked, I feel your loss. I had a warrior spec that I liked like that for a while, and while it hurts to lose what you like, it was necessary for the betterment and health of the game, just like it is for Chrono players now.

>

> I wish you the best finding a new profession you enjoy. The good thing is that there are more options out there.

I do PvE raids and WvW comped group. In PvE, I tank for my group, and chrono is no longer an efficient primary support. In WvW, mirage is absolutely trash for group content, and Chrono is now also trash.

Like I said, Chono was the ultimate boonshare class, giving literally everything. You do realize that your "It no longer efficient" equates to "it no longer provides nearly every boon in the game with 100% uptime like it used to".

There are other ways to play chrono other than "efficient/OP" boonshare tank. It is unfortunate that you don't like them. Just because how you liked to play Chrono is nerfed doesnt mean that Chrono as a spec is trash.

> @"Xstein.2187" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > I'm not arguing you should play what you don't find fun so if that's what you got from my posts, it's clear you need to practice your comprehension, hard.

> >

> > The only thing that doesn't look good is when people can't recognize game changes that benefit the greater good of the game. Yup, I got Schadenfreude, but it's not because I'm petty. It's because for the first time in a LONG time, Anet is moving in a direction they have to take for the long term health of the game, even if it's painful for some people. That shows commitment and it's needed.

>

> . . . . But the reason you specified isn't a good reason at all for Schadenfreude. Surely you recognize that. Instead it appears you are disagreeing with anything possible just to support your interior motives. However, with that said, I applaud you for being honest at least.

So me saying that this change is good for the long term health of the game isn't a good one? Wow, you got me. >< I'm actually mildly amused at some of the language and ideas this thread has. My favourite is the one where Anet's primary goal for game change is to kill fun. That's a knee slapper. Yes, Anet's entire goal is to make a game, have it run for 6+ years, then just kill all the fun with class changes ... like they sit around a table and go "how do we kill fun on class X this month". People must be staying up late to come up with these. Real productive way to provide good feedback as well. I'm sure Anet is just listening to every word.

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> I wish you the best finding a new profession you enjoy. The good thing is that there are more options out there.

Assuming someone who polled in for the last option is simply finding a different spec instead of quitting the game until or if changes are made? That's certainly audacious of you.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Xstein.2187" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > I'm not arguing you should play what you don't find fun so if that's what you got from my posts, it's clear you need to practice your comprehension, hard.

> > >

> > > The only thing that doesn't look good is when people can't recognize game changes that benefit the greater good of the game. Yup, I got Schadenfreude, but it's not because I'm petty. It's because for the first time in a LONG time, Anet is moving in a direction they have to take for the long term health of the game, even if it's painful for some people. That shows commitment and it's needed.

> >

> > . . . . But the reason you specified isn't a good reason at all for Schadenfreude. Surely you recognize that. Instead it appears you are disagreeing with anything possible just to support your interior motives. However, with that said, I applaud you for being honest at least.

>

> So me saying that this change is good for the long term health of the game isn't a good one? Wow, you got me. >< I'm actually mildly amused at some of the language and ideas this thread has. My favourite is the one where Anet's primary goal for game change is to kill fun. That's a knee slapper. Yes, A

There is no good reason for Schadenfreude. Sure, you could be happy that the meta is changed up. However, that is different than Schadenfreude. Also, OP never said Anet's goal is to kill fun. He specifically asked if you thought that because either they made a mistake unintentionally, which would be the purpose of the post, or they did it intentionally. It is one or the other. The OP also specifically said they asked you that question to decipher your point. This is at least the fourth time I have seen you either bluntly not read or misinterpret what someone has said.

> @"Xstein.2187" said:

> > I wish you the best finding a new profession you enjoy. The good thing is that there are more options out there.

>

> Assuming someone who polled in for the last option is simply finding a different spec instead of quitting the game until or if changes are made? That's certainly audacious of you.

Maybe, but I also think that your attitude about a nerf is audacious.

Boonshare pve Chrono is the only thing you enjoyed. The only way i can make sense of this is because you enjoy Overpowered specs and only like the strongest class. Just wait till you find the newest, strongest boonshare support. My guess is that Chrono will still be strongest when the dust settles because it still give 100% uptime Alacrity and Quickness, the two strongest boons in the game.

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > @"Xstein.2187" said:

> > > I wish you the best finding a new profession you enjoy. The good thing is that there are more options out there.

> >

> > Assuming someone who polled in for the last option is simply finding a different spec instead of quitting the game until or if changes are made? That's certainly audacious of you.

>

> Maybe, but I also think that your attitude about a nerf is audacious.

>

> Boonshare pve Chrono is the only thing you enjoyed. The only way i can make sense of this is because you enjoy Overpowered specs and only like the strongest class. Just wait till you find the newest, strongest boonshare support. My guess is that Chrono will still be strongest when the dust settles because it still give 100% uptime Alacrity and Quickness, the two strongest boons in the game.

I have been playing mes since the first living story. I have played and tested all kinds of PvE, PVP, and WvW builds throughout the years from lockdown, phantasm, power, and boon support to condi, and I'm sure Pyro has to. There are many reasons why I enjoyed playing mesmer and not just boonshare. You are obviously free to make all the unjustified assumptions you like. I can't stop you.

> @"Xstein.2187" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > I'm not arguing you should play what you don't find fun so if that's what you got from my posts, it's clear you need to practice your comprehension, hard.

> > > >

> > > > The only thing that doesn't look good is when people can't recognize game changes that benefit the greater good of the game. Yup, I got Schadenfreude, but it's not because I'm petty. It's because for the first time in a LONG time, Anet is moving in a direction they have to take for the long term health of the game, even if it's painful for some people. That shows commitment and it's needed.

> > >

> > > . . . . But the reason you specified isn't a good reason at all for Schadenfreude. Surely you recognize that. Instead it appears you are disagreeing with anything possible just to support your interior motives. However, with that said, I applaud you for being honest at least.

> >

> > So me saying that this change is good for the long term health of the game isn't a good one? Wow, you got me. >< I'm actually mildly amused at some of the language and ideas this thread has. My favourite is the one where Anet's primary goal for game change is to kill fun. That's a knee slapper. Yes, A

>

>

> There is no good reason for Schadenfreude. Sure, you could be happy that the meta is changed up. However, that is different than Schadenfreude. Also, OP never said Anet's goal is to kill fun. He specifically asked if you thought that because either they made a mistake unintentionally, which would be the purpose of the post, or they did it intentionally. It is one or the other. The OP also specifically said they asked you that question to decipher your point. This is at least the fourth time I have seen you either bluntly not read or misinterpret what someone has said.

No? OK then. How about we just settle on "I'm happy" then. Does that make it better? I think my point was pretty clear and Anet explained it in the patch notes as well. I'm only being asked to repeat myself so people can argue; I'm just going to repeat what I already said. Anet gave the reason for the change; looks to me like it's working. What is fun is subjective; there is no reasonable person that would expect any change Anet makes to be fun for everyone so the poll isn't proof of anything but what is obvious; some people mad. OP didn't say Anet's goal was to kill fun? Let's have a look, no problem

> @"Einsof.1457" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > There are many ways to read this poll; I see it as ... whatever Anet did, it's working. People changing specs? Sounds to me like that's an expected result from the changes Anet made. Poll doesn't show people quit the game.

>

> So anet made the changes with the primary goal of destroying fun to make people quit chrono, you think? What is the motivation to do that exactly, if that was the goal?

Sorry, I got it wrong, it wasn't kill, it was **destroy** and to be fair, he didn't say it as a statement ... it was just his twisted interpretation from what I said implying it. My bad. Still, clearly the OP has an axe to grind and is going to rally around a poll about 'unfun-ness' to do it. It's all pretty absurd if you ask me because there isn't anything exceptional about this change. We have seen more than a share of game changes that weren't fun. Anet didn't just roll them back; they are still here. People complained just as hard. Game is still here 6+ years later.

> @"Xstein.2187" said:

> > > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > > I wish you the best finding a new profession you enjoy. The good thing is that there are more options out there.

> > >

> > > Assuming someone who polled in for the last option is simply finding a different spec instead of quitting the game until or if changes are made? That's certainly audacious of you.

> >

> > Maybe, but I also think that your attitude about a nerf is audacious.

> >

> > Boonshare pve Chrono is the only thing you enjoyed. The only way i can make sense of this is because you enjoy Overpowered specs and only like the strongest class. Just wait till you find the newest, strongest boonshare support. My guess is that Chrono will still be strongest when the dust settles because it still give 100% uptime Alacrity and Quickness, the two strongest boons in the game.

>

> I have been playing mes since the first living story. I have played and tested all kinds of PvE, PVP, and WvW builds throughout the years from lockdown, phantasm, power, and boon support to condi, and I'm sure Pyro has to. There are many reasons why I enjoyed playing mesmer and not just boonshare. You are obviously free to make all the unjustified assumptions you like. I can't stop you.

It's a fair assessment if the only one you like and are willing to play was the only one that was leaps and bounds beyond OP compared to any other support class. It's not an assumption, just a logical conclusion, and no, you cant stop people from making that conclusion about you.

And now you even admit you used to like all of the other builds that Mesmer had, but now refuse to play anything else other than the most OP build that it had. If that doesnt speak volumes about how bad support Chrono had become! OP classes are like drug addictions... Anet did the game a huge favor by nerfing it.

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > @"Xstein.2187" said:

> > > > > @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > > > > I wish you the best finding a new profession you enjoy. The good thing is that there are more options out there.

> > > >

> > > > Assuming someone who polled in for the last option is simply finding a different spec instead of quitting the game until or if changes are made? That's certainly audacious of you.

> > >

> > > Maybe, but I also think that your attitude about a nerf is audacious.

> > >

> > > Boonshare pve Chrono is the only thing you enjoyed. The only way i can make sense of this is because you enjoy Overpowered specs and only like the strongest class. Just wait till you find the newest, strongest boonshare support. My guess is that Chrono will still be strongest when the dust settles because it still give 100% uptime Alacrity and Quickness, the two strongest boons in the game.

> >

> > I have been playing mes since the first living story. I have played and tested all kinds of PvE, PVP, and WvW builds throughout the years from lockdown, phantasm, power, and boon support to condi, and I'm sure Pyro has to. There are many reasons why I enjoyed playing mesmer and not just boonshare. You are obviously free to make all the unjustified assumptions you like. I can't stop you.

>

> It's a fair assessment if the only one you like and are willing to play was the only one that was leaps and bounds beyond OP compared to any other support class. It's not an assumption, just a logical conclusion, and no, you cant stop people from making that conclusion about you.

>

> And now you even admit you used to like all of the other builds that Mesmer had, but now refuse to play anything else other than the most OP build that it had. If that doesnt speak volumes about how bad support Chrono had become! OP classes are like drug addictions... Anet did the game a huge favor by nerfing it.

Nope, its an assumption, not a logical conclusion and I never said boonshare is the only build I am willing to play.

It's not that I don't believe him, it's that I think the question was not genuine in the first place.

But you want to be on topic, I'm cool with that. If the intention of the thread is to proof the change lead to not fun experiences for some people, I won't argue that. I wouldn't be happy. I think that's not a very valuable question to ask. The question is what people think Anet should do about it. Realistically, based on past history ... it's going to be that they continue their plans to balance the game. Un-fun isn't a reason for Anet to not implement their game changing plans; if people are pretending we need a poll to tell us that some changes result in un-fun experiences, they just aren't being honest; it's a simple ploy to complain .. again, with the premise that Anet messed up because 'un-fun'.

I guess on the flip side, if the poll wasn't biased, it would include the opinions of people that have benefited from the changes, not just the ones that got hit with the nerf. Bot of course, if it did that, it wouldn't 'prove' Anet made some terrible catastrophic mistake now would it?

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Xstein.2187" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > I'm not arguing you should play what you don't find fun so if that's what you got from my posts, it's clear you need to practice your comprehension, hard.

> > > > >

> > > > > The only thing that doesn't look good is when people can't recognize game changes that benefit the greater good of the game. Yup, I got Schadenfreude, but it's not because I'm petty. It's because for the first time in a LONG time, Anet is moving in a direction they have to take for the long term health of the game, even if it's painful for some people. That shows commitment and it's needed.

> > > >

> > > > . . . . But the reason you specified isn't a good reason at all for Schadenfreude. Surely you recognize that. Instead it appears you are disagreeing with anything possible just to support your interior motives. However, with that said, I applaud you for being honest at least.

> > >

> > > So me saying that this change is good for the long term health of the game isn't a good one? Wow, you got me. >< I'm actually mildly amused at some of the language and ideas this thread has. My favourite is the one where Anet's primary goal for game change is to kill fun. That's a knee slapper. Yes, A

> >

> >

> > There is no good reason for Schadenfreude. Sure, you could be happy that the meta is changed up. However, that is different than Schadenfreude. Also, OP never said Anet's goal is to kill fun. He specifically asked if you thought that because either they made a mistake unintentionally, which would be the purpose of the post, or they did it intentionally. It is one or the other. The OP also specifically said they asked you that question to decipher your point. This is at least the fourth time I have seen you either bluntly not read or misinterpret what someone has said.

>

> No? OK then. How about we just settle on "I'm happy" then. Does that make it better? I think my point was pretty clear and Anet explained it in the patch notes as well. I'm only being asked to repeat myself so people can argue; I'm just going to repeat what I already said. Anet gave the reason for the change; looks to me like it's working. What is fun is subjective; there is no reasonable person that would expect any change Anet makes to be fun for everyone so the poll isn't proof of anything but what is obvious; some people mad. OP didn't say Anet's goal was to kill fun? Let's have a look, no problem

>

> > @"Einsof.1457" said:

> > > There are many ways to read this poll; I see it as ... whatever Anet did, it's working. People changing specs? Sounds to me like that's an expected result from the changes Anet made. Poll doesn't show people quit the game.

> >

> > So anet made the changes with the primary goal of destroying fun to make people quit chrono, you think? What is the motivation to do that exactly, if that was the goal?

>

> Sorry, I got it wrong, it wasn't kill, it was **destroy** and to be fair, he didn't say it as a statement ... it was just his twisted interpretation from what I said implying it. My bad. Still, clearly the OP has an axe to grind and is going to rally around a poll about 'unfun-ness' to do it. It's all pretty absurd if you ask me because there isn't anything exceptional about this change. We have seen more than a share of game changes that weren't fun. Anet didn't just roll them back; they are still here. People complained just as hard. Game is still here 6+ years later.

It was a question, and he explained why he asked the question. Don't believe him? Fine, but don't claim he meant something he specifically said he didn't mean like it is a fact. Let's just all agree to disagree again. I do not want to derail this thread from what the OP said his intent for this thread was. Back on topic. I apologize.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> It's not that I don't believe him, it's that I think the question was not genuine in the first place.

>

> But you want to be on topic, I'm cool with that. If the intention of the thread is to proof the change lead to not fun experiences for some people, I won't argue that. I wouldn't be happy. I think that's not a very valuable question to ask. The question is what people think Anet should do about it. Realistically, based on past history ... it's going to be that they continue their plans to balance the game. Un-fun isn't a reason for Anet to not implement their came changing plans; if people are pretending we need a poll to tell us that some changes result in un-fun experiences, they just aren't being honest.

I agree with you. I think that is the best direction for the thread to take and I also believe that the OP could have specified the question in a more productive manner. For example, specifying that he didn't mean people just having less fun because chrono's boonshare abilities were decreased. However, I don't necessarily think Anet can't keep 'fun' in a separate category of consideration (That doesn't mean I think it wouldn't be difficult). I think we kind of discussed this earlier, but it is also kind of a complicated topic. For example, some people liked distortion sharing not just for how powerful of an ability it was, but also for the skill level involved in pulling it of successfully. However, some people might not have. A poll for this type of question would be beneficial IMO. However, obviously there is more to this than just one skill.

> @"Xstein.2187" said:

> Nope, its an assumption, not a logical conclusion and I never said boonshare is the only build I am willing to play.

> @"Xstein.2187" said:

> > I wish you the best finding a new profession you enjoy. The good thing is that there are more options out there.

>

> Assuming someone who polled in for the last option is simply finding a different spec instead of quitting the game until or if changes are made? That's certainly audacious of you.

Huh, this is you implying that you are leaving the game over this particular build getting nerfed. Maybe you shouldnt over-state yourself next time.

I can't see anyone who was running full commander's or minstrel's having as much fun post patch if they still even play chrono. You see far more druids, whose boons are brain dead because you just have to plop some spirits down for boons.

SoI is really clunky and I feel that party alacrity should have an alternate source other than the well and shield skill. Bountiful Disillusionment was gutted as that was a major offender.

If all you want is fury, heralds have 100% uptime + assassin's presence (more crit damage) and druids with the newly patched Storm spirit with the Nature's Vengeance trait also put out fury. In fact the banner skill #2 on discipline has fury too.

Alacrity can be obtained from revenants running Natural Harmony (when Serene Rejuvenation is traited) , plus running renegade offers Orders from above for the same energy cost.

Arenanet _could have_ expanded the alacrity/quickness wells to apply boons per tick (rune of chrono's quickness is only applied to the chrono) and in a bigger radius as the wells' damage is horrible.

For higher aegis uptime perhaps other signet cooldowns could be cut further , but I suppose that's what firebrands are for.

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> > @"Xstein.2187" said:

> > > I wish you the best finding a new profession you enjoy. The good thing is that there are more options out there.

> >

> > Assuming someone who polled in for the last option is simply finding a different spec instead of quitting the game until or if changes are made? That's certainly audacious of you.

>

> Maybe, but I also think that your attitude about a nerf is audacious.

>

> Boonshare pve Chrono is the only thing you enjoyed. The only way i can make sense of this is because you enjoy Overpowered specs and only like the strongest class. Just wait till you find the newest, strongest boonshare support. My guess is that Chrono will still be strongest when the dust settles because it still give 100% uptime Alacrity and Quickness, the two strongest boons in the game.

Okay, I think you demonstrated more than enough that you never played Chrono, so maybe this thread just isn't for you and it isn't up to you how people who played and enjoyed the playstyle - not the overpoweredness - of this class *should* feel about the changes.

Quick reminder that this thread is literally brigarded by just two people shouting insults and being happy about the misery of others, because they imagine it leads some rather undefined greater good of the game. Can we stop this nonsense now, thank you.

> What is fun is subjective;

And the poll shows it prettty clearly, thanks OP!

> @"rabenpriester.7129" said:

> > What is fun is subjective;

>

> And the poll shows it prettty clearly, thanks OP!

Sure, it does. No one is arguing it doesn't. It's obvious when there is massive changes like this. You could run and 'un-fun' poll for every balance patch ... and you would see the same thing. This isn't exceptional.

The problem I have is that it's very disingenuous for someone to link a subjective element like 'fun' to the success of a balance patch because there is zero correlation between them; Anet can never be right in the eyes of players if that's the case (gee, look at this thread). I also don't think people should place their sense of fun above the greater good of the game; it's a rather selfish gesture. The changes to Chrono had to happen; the reasons had already been given and discussed. It was shameful they didn't happen sooner.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"rabenpriester.7129" said:

> > > What is fun is subjective;

> >

> > And the poll shows it prettty clearly, thanks OP!

>

> Sure, it does. No one is arguing it doesn't. It's obvious when there is massive changes like this. You could run and 'un-fun' poll for every balance patch ... and you would see the same thing. This isn't exceptional.

>

> The problem I have is that it's very disingenuous for someone to link a subjective element like 'fun' to the success of a balance patch because there is zero correlation between them; Anet can never be right in the eyes of players if that's the case (gee, look at this thread). I also don't think people should place their sense of fun above the greater good of the game; it's a rather selfish gesture. The changes to Chrono had to happen; the reasons had already been given and discussed. It was shameful they didn't happen sooner.

>

Your problem is you are operating under the incorrect notion that somehow when a profession is nerfed, that fun gameplay is also nerfed along with it. Balance and even hardcore reduction in capability of specific skills, nerfs, etc. can be applied to profession while preserving or enhancing FUN gamplay. They absolutely can maintain fun gameplay while also achieving balance and nerfs of a profession. These two concepts are not attached at the hip like you are saying they are. Balance can be acquired without destroying what makes the profession fun to actually play. Mimic meta wasn't awful. It had a flow to it. This current meta doesn't have any flow. As another poster said it is clunky gameplay. Nerfs are fine, but the gameplay is really clunky. The current changes give you no opportunity to show your skill at playing. You don't know if your SoI is going to be useful or not anymore, you don't know if people are actually going to stand in your wells, you don't know a lot more now. The fun greatly diminished. That is the problem. Anet's goal of balance is fine. We all want balance, but not at the expense of fun gameplay. And before you start saying "Blah blah your opinion is subjective." Well just look at the poll.I don't think I am alone at all.

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> Nothing in your poll suggests you are asking about "flow" and how intriguing gameplay is. Why would you assume that people read it the same way as you are spinning it now?

It was just an example of a component of fun gameplay. Relax.