GW1 Technical issue

Attention Mods; Customer service expressly directs inquiries to these forums

GW1 appears to be removing itself from my computer at regular intervals. This is the third time I've had to re-download the package, ( I own a copy of each of the expansions.) How can I stop this from happening?

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> Attention Mods; Customer service expressly directs inquiries to these forums

>

> GW1 appears to be removing itself from my computer at regular intervals. This is the third time I've had to re-download the package, ( I own a copy of each of the expansions.) How can I stop this from happening?

This doesn't seem something that anyone in the forums would be able to answer, but that it would require a Technical Support Team member from Customer Support.

Can you please send me the ticket number in which CS recommended that you post on these forums about Guild Wars issues? I want to be sure we're all communicating as we should, and getting folks the help they need as efficiently as possible. Alternately, could you share your ticket number and I'll look it up?

Thanks a lot!

Added: This does belong in the Support Subforum, so once you respond, I'll move it there for more accurate placement.

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> Attention Mods; Customer service expressly directs inquiries to these forums

>

> GW1 appears to be removing itself from my computer at regular intervals. This is the third time I've had to re-download the package, ( I own a copy of each of the expansions.) How can I stop this from happening?

Add a rule to your anti virus to ignore the gw1 folder. This use to happen to me. For some reason it would remove it.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Khaeon.1623" said:

> > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > Attention Mods; Customer service expressly directs inquiries to these forums

> >

> > GW1 appears to be removing itself from my computer at regular intervals. This is the third time I've had to re-download the package, ( I own a copy of each of the expansions.) How can I stop this from happening?

>

> Add a rule to your anti virus to ignore the gw1 folder. This use to happen to me. For some reason it would remove it.

That sounds like a very reasonable idea -- thanks for sharing it!

I was told via email that I should direct GW1 issues to these forums rather than to customer service. ( I've gotten some good advice here from long time GW1 players. )

It's been long enough that I don't remember the specific ticket number, but I may have archived the email reply. I will look for it.

Please continue to allow GW1 questions on this forum. There really isn't another venue, as far as I know.

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> I was told via email that I should direct GW1 issues to these forums rather than to customer service. ( I've gotten some good advice here from long time GW1 players. )

> It's been long enough that I don't remember the specific ticket number, but I may have archived the email reply. I will look for it.

>

> Please continue to allow GW1 questions on this forum. There really isn't another venue, as far as I know.

If it has been so long since you submitted a ticket that you don't have the number handy (archived? really?), then how big of an issue must this be? Anyway, maybe you should use the [Technical Support forum](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/account-technical-support "Technical Support forum") instead of General Discussion. You might find better traction there?

• ArenaNet Staff

There is a disconnect between the issue about which you posted in this thread and the ticket that I found. You wrote Customer Support last July about your inability to complete the Cartographer achievement and they answered you that a **suggestion**, which is essentially what you were making, could be posted on the forums.

This thread is about a technical support issue, where the game is not behaving as you would expect it to behave. That is completely different than a suggestion, and I again suggest that you submit a ticket, flag it GW (original), and ask for technical assistance.

Further, because this is a support issue, I'm moving this to the Account and Technical Support issue.