Character Postures

Blur.3465

Hey!

Been thinking about some more customization ideas and I realized how much I'm actually missing those GW1 postures that each different profession had.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to give players 1-2 body postures to choose from?

**Human**

Male: Current | straight posture, a bit of a hunched posture like the Assassin from GW1 and something similar to a Necromancer from GW1?

Female: Current posture, posture used by Mesmers and Necromancers from GW1 would be great too, as well as Assassins.

**Norn**

Male: Current posture and a more proud looking posture where they don't stand like gorillas. Postures similar to those they had in GW1 EotN

Female: Current posture and a posture used by the female Warriors/Rangers from GW1, posture used by Jora too.

**Charr**

Male/Female: Current hunched posture and straight posture like the Charr Shamans from GW1.

I am all for a lot of customization and freedom to give the players the ability to create a character how they like while still staying true to the GW theme. I feel postures are very needed, especially for male Norn, Charr and male Humans.

I just want the default female posture to be similar to the male one in terms of standing straight up on both feet, not having the weight lie on one foot. Also, that femmy "Ooh, I need to softly brush a strand of hair out of my face" idle animation is going on my nerves, while the male one is so much cooler to look at.

Yessss.

Same goes for the gendered weapon postures. I find it completely unrealistic that my skinny male human can casually run with a greatsword over his shoulder, but my huge buff female norn carries and swings one like she can barely lift it off the ground.

And yeah, the hair-behind-the-ear animation (although it is really well done) when most of my characters have either short or tied back hairstyles is a little silly.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> I’d also like an option for my female chars to stand squarely on two feet. Why do they need to have a ’feminine’ stance anyway?

Exactly! :+1: Like a female adventurer would wear high heels and have that photo model posture. I really don't get it. This looks so much cooler: [Example](https://i.pinimg.com/originals/29/4a/b0/294ab044e914c08612beafd9a0c483c5.jpg "Example")

I see that (for some reason) a fair amount of players like making their female characters into fragile looking little princesses, but it would be nice to have the option to choose.

> @"Destrumona.3794" said:

> Same goes for the gendered weapon postures. I find it completely unrealistic that my skinny male human can casually run with a greatsword over his shoulder, but my huge buff female norn carries and swings one like she can barely lift it off the ground.

And again: exactly! :) Though I would prefer if _all_ races and genders would wear greatswords like the Asura do, because that's the only realistic way considering the sheer size ANet gave most of them. ;)

> And yeah, the hair-behind-the-ear animation (although it is really well done) when most of my characters have either short or tied back hairstyles is a little silly.

Agreed.

Glad I'm not the only one bothered by this! ^^

I really hope they give us the option to change the posture/stance, something tied to the body build option when creating a character maybe.

This is the Assassin posture from GW1. It's the kind of posture I'd really love to see for both male and female characters. Males getting a more hunched version, females getting the 'firm' and proud posture like the female version of Assassin. ![](https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/a/a7/Assassins.jpg "")

And Necromancer of course: ![](https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/d/dd/Necromancers.jpg "")

In Aion you could buy move sets and you could then separately pick the things you wanted. For example, there was a ninja move set and a levitating move set, and you could for example chose to run like a ninja, walk by levitating, use the default move set for combat posture...

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> I just want the default female posture to be similar to the male one in terms of standing straight up on both feet, not having the weight lie on one foot. Also, that femmy "Ooh, I need to softly brush a strand of hair out of my face" idle animation is going on my nerves, while the male one is so much cooler to look at.

We had a arm stretch, but for whatever reason they decided to give us the same as the norn idle animation.

GW1 had really gorgeous characters. I wish more of such feel got transferred over to GW2.

What happened to all those GW1 hairstyles and faces? :(

Female characters in GW1 had some dignity, pride and dominance in their stances. Every single profession had character, defining the profession with that unique stance.

Same goes for male characters as well.

Really hope we get some of this in GW2. Postures would be a dream come true <3