Suggestion: Silver-fed Salvage-o-matic deserves an update

Ari.4023

Considering it's called "silver-fed" you can return it to cost 1 silver per use _but_ that's only after updating it's function to the following:

30% chance to salvage rare materials (up from 25%)

40% chance to extract upgrades

60% chance to salvage upgrades

In total 100% to get benefits for the upgrades, either getting them intact or salvaging them. You can alter the % but the minimum should be 30% to extract upgrades.

If you don't want to buff it like this then at the very least reduce it's cost per use to 30 copper similar to the new runecrafter salvage-o-matic, or to 40 copper if you insist on it costing more still.

Whatever the change is, I agree the silver fed needs some kind of update. It's essentially a never-ending masters salvage kit. The runecrafters kit upped the ante though since it's not just a never-ending journeymans salvage kit as it adds the 100% chance to salvage upgrades. SF would benefit from some kind of update. My vote would be to either increase chance for rare materials or decrease cost per use.

They won't silver-fed is endless alternative of Master's Salvage Kit/Mystic Salvage Kit.

What I would like to know is the % of getting charms/symbols.

ATM is some chances to salve upgrades but what are the chances for charms/symbol none knows.

So its kinda twisted, first you need to be lucky to salve runes/sigils, then you need to be superlucky to get charms/symbol.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> They won't silver-fed is endless alternative of Master's Salvage Kit/Mystic Salvage Kit.

> What I would like to know is the % of getting charms/symbols.

> ATM is some chances to salve upgrades but what are the chances for charms/symbol none knows.

> So its kinda twisted, first you need to be lucky to salve runes/sigils, then you need to be superlucky to get charms/symbol.

You can check the Wiki for salvage rates for Runes and/or Sigils.

Good luck.

Even now the silver-fed is better than the runecrafter's. I see no reason to buff it any further.

25% Chance to salvage rare materials means for lvl 80 rares you have a 25% chance of getting at least 1 ecto. Most likely more.

Silver-fed: 25% chance per 60 copper

Runecrafter's: 20% chance per 30 copper

Average over 20 items:

Silver-fed: 5 salvages of rare materials for 12 silver

Runecrafter's: 4 salvages of rare materials for 6 silver

At the additional price of 6 silver (compared to the runecrafter's) the silver-fed grants 1 additional salvage of rare materials. For lvl 80 rares this means at least 1 ecto. Last time I checked, an ecto was worth way more than 6 silver.

Boosting the chance by another 5% at the additional cost of 40 copper would grant an additional salvage of rare materials per 8 silver. This alone would be a major buff.

> @"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:

> At the additional price of 6 silver (compared to the runecrafter's) the silver-fed grants 1 additional salvage of rare materials. For lvl 80 rares this means at least 1 ecto. Last time I checked, an ecto was worth way more than 6 silver.

>

> Boosting the chance by another 5% at the additional cost of 40 copper would grant an additional salvage of rare materials per 8 silver. This alone would be a major buff.

This would only be a buff for people who do not use the silver-fed on masterwork items, either because they also have the copper-fed or because they choose to forego the convenience and carry lower kits around with them to use on blues and greens. For everyone using it on greens too, it will be a nerf instead, making clearing out the inventory of green loot way more expensive.

Making it better for one group of people but worse for another group is not a buff. It is a change.

Um... silver fed is still better then the other two for things that can actually drop something worth while... and the measly gain on that remote almost non existent chance of charms is... heh... yeh... didn't care much for it. Also not likely to happen they would be much better then non-cash shop kits which would create a lot of salt, well deserved salt tbh.

We got those kits for the lazy factor... lets be honest here. Most sane humans will not gain that gold/gems investment back.

> @"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:

> Even now the silver-fed is better than the runecrafter's. I see no reason to buff it any further.

>

> 25% Chance to salvage rare materials means for lvl 80 rares you have a 25% chance of getting at least 1 ecto. Most likely more.

> Silver-fed: 25% chance per 60 copper

> Runecrafter's: 20% chance per 30 copper

>

> Average over 20 items:

> Silver-fed: 5 salvages of rare materials for 12 silver

> Runecrafter's: 4 salvages of rare materials for 6 silver

>

> At the additional price of 6 silver (compared to the runecrafter's) the silver-fed grants 1 additional salvage of rare materials. For lvl 80 rares this means at least 1 ecto. Last time I checked, an ecto was worth way more than 6 silver.

>

> Boosting the chance by another 5% at the additional cost of 40 copper would grant an additional salvage of rare materials per 8 silver. This alone would be a major buff.

If you want to make that comparison you should make it complete. They also have a percentage chance of salvaging upgrades and that one is higher on the runecrafter's and that's why it's called runecrafter's to begin with. Salvage from runes and sigils also have value so you need to take that into account as well.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > @"Etria.3642" said:

> > The chance for rare materials is NOT the chance for ectos. It's the chance to get a higher tier. For instance hardened leather instead of thick.

> >

> >

>

> interesting thought. but i think severe amounts of salvage data will be needed there.

We have plenty of data.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glob_of_Ectoplasm

Ectos produced per Rare item with a Master's/Mystic Salvage Kit

Quantity Chance

0______36.75%

1______47.00%

2_______8.25%

3_______8.00%

So, Ecto acquisition is around .875 ecto per L68+ rare salvaged. That's quite a bit higher than the "25% chance of rarer materials."

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> so if the 20-25% chance between the silverfed and runecrafter have completely no correlation to the chance of producing ecto, then I think it solidly swings the value towards the runecrafter, yes?

The salvagerate of the Runecrafter's is around 0,8 Ectos/rare (excl. Elonian weapons) or maybe a bit more, but data from a large enough sample is missing. This difference is enough to make the Mystic Kit and the Silver-Fed better for rares. And as the prices for charms and symbols are falling rather fast atm, it may stay like this, at least till a very large sink is introduced.