Decapitate hitting twice?

cgMatt.5162

Decapitate hit the target and then create a shockwave that damage foes. So yeah, it's suposed to hit twice, principally if you are backpedaling.

Edit: actually somenthing is off, since the Decapitate Shockwave is suposed to show as Axe Wave on combat log according to the wiki.

It is probably different skill. When you do some open world stuff and later check incoming damage log, you can see certain attacks hitting twice. Not sure if it is bug (due to lag, etc) or just skill being adjusted to hit twice.

EDIT: Nvm, I thought you meant the NPC boss on Bloodtide Coast map (if there even is any). It seems that the most probable reason is Blood Reckoning as mentioned bellow.

I spend about 15 minutes trying to reproduce this. So far I did not find any double decapitate hits on the combat logs. I tested them in NPC so my results could not be 100% sure for human players.

However, I have a hypothesis for the "double hit"

* Decapitate has a 4.25 sec cooldown.

So, if the warrior is traited to gain adrenaline by using "to the limit" or "signet of fury" then the warrior can deal 2 nearly consecutive decapitates in 4.25 sec.

The following scenario could have happened to you.

The warrior hit you with the first decapitate, then you ran for your life, but then warrior used adrenaline gain and 4.25 sec later you got hit by another decapitate. So, that is why it looks like you got hit by it twice, but in fact they are two different hits.

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> Cough cough **Blood Reckoning** cough cough.

My thought aswell, for everybody that dont know, it resets the burst cd and gives enough adrenalin to use it again right after the first hit.

Even tho im not sure how op let himself get hit twice by that skill

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > Cough cough **Blood Reckoning** cough cough.

>

> My thought aswell, for everybody that dont know, it resets the burst cd and gives enough adrenalin to use it again right after the first hit.

> Even tho im not sure how op let himself get hit twice by that skill

You know very well how op Warrior is currently.

I mean look at the PvP Forum.

For every nerf Mesmer and boon beast topic there are 3 - 4 nerf base warrior topics.

So clearly Warrior is op as kitten!

Look at all the giant dmg numbers people post, after they got hit by the best telegraphed skills in this game.

(Also its sad to see a primal burst to only deal 7k dmg)

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > Cough cough **Blood Reckoning** cough cough.

> >

> > My thought aswell, for everybody that dont know, it resets the burst cd and gives enough adrenalin to use it again right after the first hit.

> > Even tho im not sure how op let himself get hit twice by that skill

>

> You know very well how op Warrior is currently.

>

> I mean look at the PvP Forum.

> For every nerf Mesmer and boon beast topic there are 3 - 4 nerf base warrior topics.

>

> So clearly Warrior is op as kitten!

>

> Look at all the giant dmg numbers people post, after they got hit by the best telegraphed skills in this game.

>

> (Also its sad to see a primal burst to only deal 7k dmg)

I mean being able to reset the whole cd is nuts! Who came up with this idea? Crazy.

14k dmg with 2 consecutive hits in what? 2seconds chained decapitate, blood reckoning, decapitate AND healing based on those massive numbers on top!

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > Cough cough **Blood Reckoning** cough cough.

> > >

> > > My thought aswell, for everybody that dont know, it resets the burst cd and gives enough adrenalin to use it again right after the first hit.

> > > Even tho im not sure how op let himself get hit twice by that skill

> >

> > You know very well how op Warrior is currently.

> >

> > I mean look at the PvP Forum.

> > For every nerf Mesmer and boon beast topic there are 3 - 4 nerf base warrior topics.

> >

> > So clearly Warrior is op as kitten!

> >

> > Look at all the giant dmg numbers people post, after they got hit by the best telegraphed skills in this game.

> >

> > (Also its sad to see a primal burst to only deal 7k dmg)

>

> I mean being able to reset the whole cd is nuts! Who came up with this idea? Crazy.

> 14k dmg with 2 consecutive hits in what? 2seconds chained decapitate, blood reckoning, decapitate AND healing based on those massive numbers on top!

Are you sarcastic? As if power berserker was good in any game mode... Double burst is mostly the only thing he is good at.

Some professions can do more damage in the same timing.

> @"Aigleborgne.2981" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > Cough cough **Blood Reckoning** cough cough.

> > > >

> > > > My thought aswell, for everybody that dont know, it resets the burst cd and gives enough adrenalin to use it again right after the first hit.

> > > > Even tho im not sure how op let himself get hit twice by that skill

> > >

> > > You know very well how op Warrior is currently.

> > >

> > > I mean look at the PvP Forum.

> > > For every nerf Mesmer and boon beast topic there are 3 - 4 nerf base warrior topics.

> > >

> > > So clearly Warrior is op as kitten!

> > >

> > > Look at all the giant dmg numbers people post, after they got hit by the best telegraphed skills in this game.

> > >

> > > (Also its sad to see a primal burst to only deal 7k dmg)

> >

> > I mean being able to reset the whole cd is nuts! Who came up with this idea? Crazy.

> > 14k dmg with 2 consecutive hits in what? 2seconds chained decapitate, blood reckoning, decapitate AND healing based on those massive numbers on top!

>

> Are you sarcastic? As if power berserker was good in any game mode... Double burst is mostly the only thing he is good at.

> Some professions can do more damage in the same timing.

Dont worry. We are.

Literally just made this post to get help on figuring out how that was possible in such a short time so thank you to the people who were constructively helpful!

Long CC time makes it super easy to land consecutive bursts if caught without stability or stunbreaks sooo yeah it happens. Outnumbered fights also happen a lot too ;o

> @"cgMatt.5162" said:

> Literally just made this post to get help on figuring out how that was possible in such a short time so thank you to the people who were constructively helpful!

>

> Long CC time makes it super easy to land consecutive bursts if caught without stability or stunbreaks sooo yeah it happens. Outnumbered fights also happen a lot too ;o

I believe you when you tell me it happened outnumbered, if you 1v1 him and he hits enough cc's so you use up all your stunbreaks, then id tell you that you rly should dodge atleast some of the important and ez to dodge skills.

> @"Aigleborgne.2981" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > Cough cough **Blood Reckoning** cough cough.

> > > >

> > > > My thought aswell, for everybody that dont know, it resets the burst cd and gives enough adrenalin to use it again right after the first hit.

> > > > Even tho im not sure how op let himself get hit twice by that skill

> > >

> > > You know very well how op Warrior is currently.

> > >

> > > I mean look at the PvP Forum.

> > > For every nerf Mesmer and boon beast topic there are 3 - 4 nerf base warrior topics.

> > >

> > > So clearly Warrior is op as kitten!

> > >

> > > Look at all the giant dmg numbers people post, after they got hit by the best telegraphed skills in this game.

> > >

> > > (Also its sad to see a primal burst to only deal 7k dmg)

> >

> > I mean being able to reset the whole cd is nuts! Who came up with this idea? Crazy.

> > 14k dmg with 2 consecutive hits in what? 2seconds chained decapitate, blood reckoning, decapitate AND healing based on those massive numbers on top!

>

> Are you sarcastic? As if power berserker was good in any game mode... Double burst is mostly the only thing he is good at.

> Some professions can do more damage in the same timing.

How would i make this post more sarcastic without putting a disclaimer on it? Ofc we are just playing, dan and i both know very well that power berserker is dogpoop :p