Can we have gem store packages without Black Lion keys (loot boxes) so I can buy these in my region?

EDIT : This is an edit of my [Path of Fire Preparation Pack unavailabe in my region](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/64997/path-of-fire-preparation-pack-unavailabe-in-my-region "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/64997/path-of-fire-preparation-pack-unavailabe-in-my-region") post

Hi, I'm missing out on a great deal with the Path of Fire Preparation Pack. It is not available for purchase in my region, Belgium.

I know of the anti-gambling law here, which prevents us from buying 'loot boxes' in games.

But when a package contains Black Lion keys or any other RNG item, it is non-purchasable for me.

Anet, isn't it possible to create 2 versions of a package? A version without Black Lion keys or replaced by something else, so that these versions don't break the law.

Kind regards,

SilverFox

I'd support this change. It would be good not only for people in Belgium who cannot buy black lion keys but for all the other people (me for example) who don't want to support gambling items in games and so have to skip packs like this too. There's no reason it needs to include black lion keys and I suspect if they offered 2 versions - one with and one without keys - it would be popular.

They flat out should not include gambling garbage in packages unless those packages are directly related to lottery. One, because there are countries already putting ban on that crap, two some people despise lottery/gambling and out of pride wont touch them. These obnoxious asia lottery boxes are already getting laws passed against them... the all you can eat buffet on scamming people is slowly but surely finally coming to a screeching halt. Even states are probably going to end up putting regulations on that nonsense.

Time to adjust cash shop. Maybe even start making it more appealing to people with lower cash currency prices, game is not new... and gem prices were always higher then they should have ever been. Gold to gems doesn't get better with time, it gets worse so that excuse isn't really valid.

Hi again,

Last night I thought of another suggestion, although not a preferable one.

If Anet can determine the source of my gems, then using gems, bought with in-game gold, would not break the anti-gambling law.

Example : a pack costs 2700 gems. If I have at least 2700 gems bought with in-game gold, the pack would be available for purchase in my region.

I would still have to fork out for the included RNG Black Lion items, but at least I can profit from the offered discount.

But my original request of having 2 versions of a pack, one without the Black Lion keys, stands as my preferred solution, as it is for my fellow commenters above :)

> @"SilverFox Asimenia Alepou.7196" said:

> Hi again,

> Last night I thought of another suggestion, although not a preferable one.

> If Anet can determine the source of my gems, then using gems, bought with in-game gold, would not break the anti-gambling law.

> Example : a pack costs 2700 gems. If I have at least 2700 gems bought with in-game gold, the pack would be available for purchase in my region.

> I would still have to fork out for the included RNG Black Lion items, but at least I can profit from the offered discount.

> But my original request of having 2 versions of a pack, one without the Black Lion keys, stands as my preferred solution, as it is for my fellow commenters above :)

>

I don't think that will work because anet would rather be on the safe side of the law.

It would be very difficult to check( what about multiple conversions).

I would also like a solution to this problem but I think you're first one is better. Although the pricing might seem like a problem