New Legendary Bow "Pharus" Showcase

> @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > > > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > > > @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > > > > The great thing about gw2 is that if you dont like it you dont need it. I think its fine and worth the price in crafting it, which is about the same for all legendaries. I will have it within the 1st 10min of the patch launching.

> > > >

> > > > I wanna point out a flaw in the dismissive level of this comment, in that the sentiment would hold up better IF not for the fact that there are too few options when it comes to legendary weapons. Its literally a choice between this and Kudzu, with zero options if you dislike either. This is especially true in the case of projectile attacks, since that is one of the most prominent features of ranged legendary main hands.

> > > >

> > > > As it was pointed out elsewhere in the thread, this bow is competing with Azureflame. And frankly, Azureflame/Aether's skin is legendary material from the get go; and could easily become a Legendary weapon with a good effect to pair with. Honestly the biggest mistake made with Pharus' design is not having come out during HOT, when Dragon Hunters were in their prime. Back when Legendary collections were a thing, this could had been at least a Caladbalg level of lore scratching- By taking that segment in Crack in the Ice, and creating a small story arc, culminating in the restoration of Eir's bow as a unique weapon for Brahm, and a means to forge a new weapon which becomes Pharus.

> > > >

> > > > This is why I say there isn't enough Legendary weapons overall per type, because there are so many missed opportunities due to the circumstances of their slow content output. The game offers a large number of options through most of the game, but fashion wars is the one area where the inconsistency can be the most jarring, since the solution is as simple as having "more skins" to work with.

> > > >

> > >

> > > There are over 30 legendary weapons. Some are good and some are not. To complain about a weapon whose effects/looks you dont feel is acceptable is unacceptable. There are plenty of better looking skins then kudzu or pharus. Most players reskin their legendaries if they find a better looking skin and goes with thier rp anyways.

> >

> > It's been more than 10 minutes. Where's the bow? Pics or it didn't happen!!!

>

> Made it a little after 1 before i had to do adulting things, like pick up my kids.

Grats. I'd still like to see the pics or even better a video...

> > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > The great thing about gw2 is that if you dont like it you dont need it. I think its fine and worth the price in crafting it, which is about the same for all legendaries. I will have it within the 1st 10min of the patch launching.

> >

> > I wanna point out a flaw in the dismissive level of this comment, in that the sentiment would hold up better IF not for the fact that there are too few options when it comes to legendary weapons. Its literally a choice between this and Kudzu, with zero options if you dislike either. This is especially true in the case of projectile attacks, since that is one of the most prominent features of ranged legendary main hands.

> >

> > As it was pointed out elsewhere in the thread, this bow is competing with Azureflame. And frankly, Azureflame/Aether's skin is legendary material from the get go; and could easily become a Legendary weapon with a good effect to pair with. Honestly the biggest mistake made with Pharus' design is not having come out during HOT, when Dragon Hunters were in their prime. Back when Legendary collections were a thing, this could had been at least a Caladbalg level of lore scratching- By taking that segment in Crack in the Ice, and creating a small story arc, culminating in the restoration of Eir's bow as a unique weapon for Brahm, and a means to forge a new weapon which becomes Pharus.

> >

> > This is why I say there isn't enough Legendary weapons overall per type, because there are so many missed opportunities due to the circumstances of their slow content output. The game offers a large number of options through most of the game, but fashion wars is the one area where the inconsistency can be the most jarring, since the solution is as simple as having "more skins" to work with.

> >

>

> There are over 30 legendary weapons. Some are good and some are not. To complain about a weapon whose effects/looks you dont feel is acceptable is unacceptable. There are plenty of better looking skins then kudzu or pharus. Most players reskin their legendaries if they find a better looking skin and goes with thier rp anyways.

Overall, I think there are enough Legendaries in the game for folks to find at least one Legendary that they like. Sure they could have more but I imagine if they focused more time on producing Legendaries people would complain that ANet was making Legendaries when X profession needs to be buffed and Y Elite needs to be nerfed and bug Z needs to be looked at.

It's not about the number of legendaries or the "resources". It's about creative team...and it's lack of ...creativity. As i said before this is simply chaos bow + asure flame sprinkled with bit of legendary fluff.

Doing a s2 bow shouldn't be THAT hard. All you have to do is go for reverse of Kudzu. Since there's clearly and audience that hates it's theme (flowery, sunny, druid like), then going for reverse should address a fair share of that player segment. Reverse being a manly, mechanical compound bow with attention to it's mechanism's animations. Akin to Rambo 3 infamous bow. A season's 2 Predator given bow form. Just look at Chuka and Chumpawat. That one got the right idea - reverse the Dreamer and you get a badass manly bow that shoots tigers! I sure didn't hear tons of people complaining about that design decision!

Pretty sure a lot of longbow users would pefer running around as manly, compound bow wielding John Charrbo, rather then being stuck with Chaos bow 2.0.

> > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > The great thing about gw2 is that if you don't like it you don't need it. I think its fine and worth the price in crafting it, which is about the same for all legendaries. I will have it within the 1st 10min of the patch launching.

> >

> > I wanna point out a flaw in the dismissive level of this comment, in that the sentiment would hold up better IF not for the fact that there are too few options when it comes to legendary weapons. Its literally a choice between this and Kudzu, with zero options if you dislike either. This is especially true in the case of projectile attacks, since that is one of the most prominent features of ranged legendary main hands.

> >

> > As it was pointed out elsewhere in the thread, this bow is competing with Azureflame. And frankly, Azureflame/Aether's skin is legendary material from the get go; and could easily become a Legendary weapon with a good effect to pair with. Honestly the biggest mistake made with Pharus' design is not having come out during HOT, when Dragon Hunters were in their prime. Back when Legendary collections were a thing, this could had been at least a Caladbalg level of lore scratching- By taking that segment in Crack in the Ice, and creating a small story arc, culminating in the restoration of Eir's bow as a unique weapon for Braham, and a means to forge a new weapon which becomes Pharus.

> >

> > This is why I say there isn't enough Legendary weapons overall per type, because there are so many missed opportunities due to the circumstances of their slow content output. The game offers a large number of options through most of the game, but fashion wars is the one area where the inconsistency can be the most jarring, since the solution is as simple as having "more skins" to work with.

> >

>

> There are over 30 legendary weapons. Some are good and some are not. To complain about a weapon whose effects/looks you don't feel is acceptable is unacceptable. There are plenty of better looking skins then kudzu or pharus. Most players reskin their legendaries if they find a better looking skin and goes with their rp anyways.

Due to lack of very many options in style of legendary weapons of all types when compared with how many non-legendary skins are available in the game via gameplay, effort, or via the gem store, any person really can just apply any skin they desire to their legendary weapon. However, that is part of what I dislike with how legendaries are currently designed - you are stuck with that skin on the legendary weapon if you want to retain the legendary footfall/aura/arm effects due to those effects being linked to the skin instead of the legendary item itself.

Just as the stat swapping (sigils also?) are tied to the weapon item itself, independent of the skin, so too should the effects as they are not at all dependent on the actual legendary skin as they are applied to your character/the ground and not to the weapon itself. The current skin on the weapon should not matter and only discourages purchasing/acquiring any other weapon skins as a player is locked to that one skin if they want to retain the special effect attributes of the legendary weapon they worked hard to earn.

As an example: A player does not like the appearance of Pharus or Kudzu, but they want the functionality of the legendary as well as the special footfalls. They are forced to keep the Kudzu skin if they want the flower footfalls, or the Pharus skin if they really want to to keep the lightning-cracked earth footfalls despite those effects not actually requiring the Kudzu or Pharus skin to show those effects as the effects are not on the weapon, they are on the ground.

If a player wants the flowery footfalls of Kudzu, but would prefer to use a fancy gem store skin they bought, a rare skin they worked hard to earn and want to show off, or any skin for any reason, shouldn't a player be able to switch to that skin on their legendary weapon without losing one of the few attributes unique to legendary weapons? I do. I feel that if anyone puts that much time and effort into acquiring a legendary weapon, they should be able use any skin they desire without being forced to forego that aspect of the legendary weapon.

Ideally, legendary effects (as well as infusions) should have their own area in the Hero Panel identical to the outfit panel to where you can select to enable any one that is unlocked to be active on the character with locked ones greyed out, as well as show or hide the effect via the checkbox just like toggling outfits on and off. Locked skin icons can then have information in their popup on what weapon unlocks that legendary effect and who to talk to in order start the journey to unlocking it.

Legendary effects could then be made as unlocks that could be active regardless of the weapon being held: Unlock Kudzu's flowery footfalls and enable them to have flowery footfalls even though you are on your mesmer (who cannot wield longbows). Or icy footfalls from Frostfang (axe) on your thief.

Legendary weapons do not receive the attention I feel they really should in order to permit them to be truly worthy of the legendary title. With how slowly they introduce new ones, and with how hit-or-miss the appearance might be to players, separating the effect from the legendary skin itself and making them account unlocks like outfits would go a long way toward encouraging those who have had no interest in legendaries due to this skin restriction to retain its footfall effects to instead look to create their first legendaries, or even for those with many to look to create those they passed on making just to unlock their effects.

---

**Permitting players to no longer be locked into the single appearance the legendary comes with in order to retain the effects of the legendary weapon by shifting the special legendary effects into being like outfits and function as appearance unlocks in the Hero Panel would encourage more players to create them as they can use any weapon skin they desire along side a chosen legendary effect they've unlocked.**

I would definitely look to craft this legendary as my first ever if I were free to switch its skin without being forced to lose my primary reason for wanting to make it in the first place.

> @"StinVec.3621" said:

> > @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > > @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > > > @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > > > The great thing about gw2 is that if you don't like it you don't need it. I think its fine and worth the price in crafting it, which is about the same for all legendaries. I will have it within the 1st 10min of the patch launching.

> > >

> > > I wanna point out a flaw in the dismissive level of this comment, in that the sentiment would hold up better IF not for the fact that there are too few options when it comes to legendary weapons. Its literally a choice between this and Kudzu, with zero options if you dislike either. This is especially true in the case of projectile attacks, since that is one of the most prominent features of ranged legendary main hands.

> > >

> > > As it was pointed out elsewhere in the thread, this bow is competing with Azureflame. And frankly, Azureflame/Aether's skin is legendary material from the get go; and could easily become a Legendary weapon with a good effect to pair with. Honestly the biggest mistake made with Pharus' design is not having come out during HOT, when Dragon Hunters were in their prime. Back when Legendary collections were a thing, this could had been at least a Caladbalg level of lore scratching- By taking that segment in Crack in the Ice, and creating a small story arc, culminating in the restoration of Eir's bow as a unique weapon for Braham, and a means to forge a new weapon which becomes Pharus.

> > >

> > > This is why I say there isn't enough Legendary weapons overall per type, because there are so many missed opportunities due to the circumstances of their slow content output. The game offers a large number of options through most of the game, but fashion wars is the one area where the inconsistency can be the most jarring, since the solution is as simple as having "more skins" to work with.

> > >

> >

> > There are over 30 legendary weapons. Some are good and some are not. To complain about a weapon whose effects/looks you don't feel is acceptable is unacceptable. There are plenty of better looking skins then kudzu or pharus. Most players reskin their legendaries if they find a better looking skin and goes with their rp anyways.

>

> Due to lack of very many options in style of legendary weapons of all types when compared with how many non-legendary skins are available in the game via gameplay, effort, or via the gem store, any person really can just apply any skin they desire to their legendary weapon. However, that is part of what I dislike with how legendaries are currently designed - you are stuck with that skin on the legendary weapon if you want to retain the legendary footfall/aura/arm effects due to those effects being linked to the skin instead of the legendary item itself.

>

> Just as the stat swapping (sigils also?) are tied to the weapon item itself, independent of the skin, so too should the effects as they are not at all dependent on the actual legendary skin as they are applied to your character/the ground and not to the weapon itself. The current skin on the weapon should not matter and only discourages purchasing/acquiring any other weapon skins as a player is locked to that one skin if they want to retain the special effect attributes of the legendary weapon they worked hard to earn.

>

> As an example: A player does not like the appearance of Pharus or Kudzu, but they want the functionality of the legendary as well as the special footfalls. They are forced to keep the Kudzu skin if they want the flower footfalls, or the Pharus skin if they really want to to keep the lightning-cracked earth footfalls despite those effects not actually requiring the Kudzu or Pharus skin to show those effects as the effects are not on the weapon, they are on the ground.

>

> If a player wants the flowery footfalls of Kudzu, but would prefer to use a fancy gem store skin they bought, a rare skin they worked hard to earn and want to show off, or any skin for any reason, shouldn't a player be able to switch to that skin on their legendary weapon without losing one of the few attributes unique to legendary weapons? I do. I feel that if anyone puts that much time and effort into acquiring a legendary weapon, they should be able use any skin they desire without being forced to forego that aspect of the legendary weapon.

>

> Ideally, legendary effects (as well as infusions) should have their own area in the Hero Panel identical to the outfit panel to where you can select to enable any one that is unlocked to be active on the character with locked ones greyed out, as well as show or hide the effect via the checkbox just like toggling outfits on and off. Locked skin icons can then have information in their popup on what weapon unlocks that legendary effect and who to talk to in order start the journey to unlocking it.

>

> Legendary effects could then be made as unlocks that could be active regardless of the weapon being held: Unlock Kudzu's flowery footfalls and enable them to have flowery footfalls even though you are on your mesmer (who cannot wield longbows). Or icy footfalls from Frostfang (axe) on your thief.

>

> Legendary weapons do not receive the attention I feel they really should in order to permit them to be truly worthy of the legendary title. With how slowly they introduce new ones, and with how hit-or-miss the appearance might be to players, separating the effect from the legendary skin itself and making them account unlocks like outfits would go a long way toward encouraging those who have had no interest in legendaries due to this skin restriction to retain its footfall effects to instead look to create their first legendaries, or even for those with many to look to create those they passed on making just to unlock their effects.

>

> ---

> **Permitting players to no longer be locked into the single appearance the legendary comes with in order to retain the effects of the legendary weapon by shifting the special legendary effects into being like outfits and function as appearance unlocks in the Hero Panel would encourage more players to create them as they can use any weapon skin they desire along side a chosen legendary effect they've unlocked.**

>

> I would definitely look to craft this legendary as my first ever if I were free to switch its skin without being forced to lose my primary reason for wanting to make it in the first place.

I must agree the idea of a legendary wardrobe would be fanatastic. I hate the moot but love the footfalls and aura for it. Maybe that is something anet can look into down the line.

> @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> It's not about the number of legendaries or the "resources". It's about creative team...and it's lack of ...creativity.

It's about you not enjoying their form of creativity.

> As i said before this is simply chaos bow + asure flame sprinkled with bit of legendary fluff.

I have the chaos bow and I disagree; pharus is more interesting than that.

> Pretty sure a lot of longbow users would pefer running around as manly, compound bow wielding John Charrbo, rather then being stuck with Chaos bow 2.0.

Pretty sure that there's a larger mix of opinions, as we can see pretty much in any thread in which people say, "no more [insert their personal dislike]".

As others have said, we'll end up with 35 legendaries. It would be stunning achievement if any of us loved even 1/3 of them. In most games, I'm surprised if I like more than 10-20% of all the skins, and that fraction doesn't usually go up much for fancy skins.

No one is going to like every legendary; perhaps no one will like even one of each.

I personally don't think it's different enough to warrant spending my gold but some people like it so it's all good. I'll be honest though, I was really excited for my DH to get some epic LB because Kudzu doesn't suit it's theme. I hear the #5 ranger skill doesn't change arrows too, hopefully that's changed because you'd hope a legendary weapon would alter the skill animations. The draw animation for this is excellent, the footfalls are very disappointing because there's subtle and too subtle. The actual model itself I feel is too simple and looks like a chaos bow, but that's my preference.

it looks like some kind of sci fi x chaos bow. I like the idea but too much of it is glowy chaos poop and inquest mk ii longbow is more detailed and sci-fi-ey than it, not to mention pharus' draw anim is a boring flashbang and the footfalls are incredibly non-unique. I like the sound effect and the projectile is fine but in the end it's just not worth getting at all imo.

> @"Despond.2174" said:

> I personally don't think it's different enough to warrant spending my gold but some people like it so it's all good. I'll be honest though, I was really excited for my DH to get some epic LB because Kudzu doesn't suit it's theme. I hear the #5 ranger skill doesn't change arrows too, hopefully that's changed because you'd hope a legendary weapon would alter the skill animations. The draw animation for this is excellent, the footfalls are very disappointing because there's subtle and too subtle. The actual model itself I feel is too simple and looks like a chaos bow, but that's my preference.

Legendaries alter projectiles. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ranger Barrage is not a projectile so it won't get changed. Also it would be too similiar to the dragonhunter skill.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> I might have considered getting this, with its nice, decent aura and footfalls, but thanks to the awful Star Wars sounds this is a definite no-go for me (as you might recall, I hate sci-fi elements in my fantasy RPGs).

This game is full of sci-fi stuff... ask the Asurans. So I find it baffling that you say this considering it's all over the game.