When will we get new Hairstyles & Faces? [Merged]

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> Duplicating threads probably goes against the forum rules.

If same person is posting then yes.

They will merge this into it if they don't like it, so really it's fine.

As for the hairstyles... I lost all hope. Humans got loads with PoF, Sylvari didn't get any with HoT... and last hairstyles were literally copy-paste between races (human-norn)... so really we didn't get hairstyles for 3+ years......

But I sure am glad we get all the chairs !!!

Pretty sure they'd earn more money from making hairs and faces in the long run than making chairs ...

> @"Jinxy.2764" said:

> I would love it if they had more unisex hairstyles, long and with a bicolour option, or a new choice of rainbow color. Hairstyles like channel, fringed, some with braids and other long and loose hairstyles, something ''Sephiroth style'' (within the unisex category) etc. I would look for inspiration in Lady Gaga's hairstyles tbh (In a hairstyle she wears in a parade by Thierry Mugler, specifically: https://br.pinterest.com/pin/99219998020800858/?lp=true )

>

For me, I wouldn't want any anime type hairstyles- as they'd always look silly & only just add more meme quality to characters- like the Charr saiyan hair- I don't trust GW2 designers to execute it correctly - I always tend to lean to more practical or realistic hairstyles. I want long hairstyles but that actually look good & aren't anime or anything from Square Enix

> @"Chasind.3128" said:

> > @"Jinxy.2764" said:

> > I would love it if they had more unisex hairstyles, long and with a bicolour option, or a new choice of rainbow color. Hairstyles like channel, fringed, some with braids and other long and loose hairstyles, something ''Sephiroth style'' (within the unisex category) etc. I would look for inspiration in Lady Gaga's hairstyles tbh (In a hairstyle she wears in a parade by Thierry Mugler, specifically: https://br.pinterest.com/pin/99219998020800858/?lp=true )

> >

>

> For me, I wouldn't want any anime type hairstyles- as they'd always look silly & only just add more meme quality to characters- like the Charr saiyan hair- I don't trust GW2 designers to execute it correctly - I always tend to lean to more practical or realistic hairstyles. I want long hairstyles but that actually look good & aren't anime or anything from Square Enix

I believe they can rather do a good job at designing the hairstyles, I dont understand anything about tbh, I'm just an admirer of what designs create in games, but I believe they, maybe, could mix existing hairstyles... Its like fuse two hairstyles into one, and create something new re-adjusting some traits (I believe that wouldnt complicate so much). And I took the example of Sephyroth precisely for being a male character with long hair, I wasnt thinking about the characteristics of being an anime hairstyle specifically, you gave good examples with the images of the post xD

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> Humans have a huge variety of choices now, they aren't even worth mentioning until the other races catch up. Asura are by far the worst off. It's kind of sad when there is only 9 available at character creation for them. And I usually don't even bother using hairstyle kits on them unless I want an exclusive colour because the hairs they added later aren't better than the options available at creation.

I understand your point, but I disagree. For one to receive, others dont have to be ignored. It would be interesting if they worked on something for everyone.

> @"Jinxy.2764" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > Humans have a huge variety of choices now, they aren't even worth mentioning until the other races catch up. Asura are by far the worst off. It's kind of sad when there is only 9 available at character creation for them. And I usually don't even bother using hairstyle kits on them unless I want an exclusive colour because the hairs they added later aren't better than the options available at creation.

>

> I understand your point, but I disagree. For one to receive, others dont have to be ignored. It would be interesting if they worked on something for everyone.

Except that is what has been happening. Humans receive, the others get ignored. I just want them to make some semblance of balance before adding more to humans again.

I never thought of looking at designs people have done with horse manes as charr hairstyle examples--but that's PERFECT--the thickness, angle, and length of a horse neck is really close to a charr neck.

I'd like if they released some of the charr faces with see exclusively on Flame Legion shamans. I'd change my male charr's face in a heartbeat.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flame_Legion_Lava_Shaman

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flame_Legion_Smoke_Shaman