Graveling in Catacombs Violet Room doesn't drop any plate. [Merged]

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> At this point I'm more interested in finding out what the problem actually is ...

I have faith in you, @"Gop.8713" ;)

> Everybody thinks they know what's causing the problem even though none of those ppl agree and there are examples that refute every theory.

My conclusion as well. Every time I think I've nailed down a solid, "this always works" or "this always breaks it," there's a counter example (including in my own experience).

My biggest fear is that they'll nerf the ability for mesmers to park in the green room before confirming any fix, since right now, that's sometimes the only way for a lot of players to get the loot they earned already.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > At this point I'm more interested in finding out what the problem actually is ...

> I have faith in you, @"Gop.8713" ;)

>

> > Everybody thinks they know what's causing the problem even though none of those ppl agree and there are examples that refute every theory.

> My conclusion as well. Every time I think I've nailed down a solid, "this always works" or "this always breaks it," there's a counter example (including in my own experience).

>

> My biggest fear is that they'll nerf the ability for mesmers to park in the green room before confirming any fix, since right now, that's sometimes the only way for a lot of players to get the loot they earned already.

Why should they? I mean mesmers aren't hurting anyone offering this service.

> > @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > Why should they? I mean mesmers aren't hurting anyone offering this service.

>

> They have done similar things in the past, sometimes deliberately (to prevent bugs or exploits), sometimes accidentally (because it was part of the solution to a related problem).

I hope it's not the case, still it would be fine as long as the bug it totally fixed.

I have had two good runs back to back now. Both times there was no meta going on in the area and I got lucky and had no one in the room with the Graveling when I started killing it. The second time someone came in right at the end but plate did drop for me so it was good. I hope this gets fixed soon for those having difficulties. I plan on going in today and hope it does not bug out.

> > @"Susy.7529" said:

> > New patch live but no mention of a fix for this :/

>

> It looks to be fixed.

> I've seen multiple reports in multiple maps that multiple people got the drop from graveling without issue.

Yay, maybe it should be added to the patch notes then, this is too important to be a "silent fix".

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> it should be added to the patch notes then, this is too important to be a "silent fix".

Should? Sure. Unfortunately, official patch notes (for pretty much any software) have to go through additional vetting that seems a bit silly to us as players. Dev teams have to sign off on the phrasing (both to be sure it's accurate and that the change is actually in the patch). For skills, items, etc, there are translation requirements that need to be met.

It ends up that there is always something, sometimes important, that won't be in the official patch notes.

I do wish that ANet set a higher priority on this type of thing. I'd like to see issues that annoy so many people get added to the Curated Issue Tracker sooner, that said tracker included work-around (or links to relevant threads), that we get progress reports, and that we get an official announcement when a fix has been found. Anyone who's been on the dev side of this knows that is easier to say than to do.