idea concerning easymodes, training, helping others or even selling raids (solution for everyone?)

Minna.7895

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> We already have a decent system in game if they ever wanted to put easy mode.

>

> Namely the Buffs before the final fight in ep5. Have it to where ppl can pick up the buffs turning the fight into easy mode and simply scale the rewards with said buffs used in mind.

Those buffs are OP and so unnecessary. Hahaha.

> @"Iris Ng.9845" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > We already have a decent system in game if they ever wanted to put easy mode.

> >

> > Namely the Buffs before the final fight in ep5. Have it to where ppl can pick up the buffs turning the fight into easy mode and simply scale the rewards with said buffs used in mind.

>

> Those buffs are OP and so unnecessary. Hahaha.

So is any easy mode for the existing raids but ppl keep asking /shrug

• 2 weeks later...

Your way of implementing sounds a little complicated but I am all in for ingame raid spectator modes in principle. You should know though that while GW2 has one of, if not the best, MMO skill/combat system, the effect spamming is real. Watching 10 people fighting a huge glowing monster while green, red and blue circles pop up everywhere with different effects and required reactions each can be just as chaotic as it sounds like.

How about adding "rage mote" where you can increase the rage timer at the cost of drastically decreasing rewards?

With this, players can try and experience all the mechanics an encounter has to offer on the same difficulty without the time constraints of being suddenly insanely hard. This will also give players the chance to let them practice and try to finish an encounter within the default enrage timer and give them the experience and courage to try the regular timers.

Heck, even put in the opposite for the vets to give them more rewards if they want some challenge.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> What's stopping anyone from still asking for payment? And besides, why wouldn't they still ask for payment anyway? They are still carrying.

>

> I'm trying imagine Slothasor or Matthias with 50 people.

Well, if you could carry 40 people through a boss wing, the raid selling prices would go down hard. Unfortunately that's probably the only good thing i can see about this proposal.

Some mechanics might end up really crazy (bombs on everyone on statues phase on kc? bombs on matthias? randoms dropping poison everywhere on matthias or slothasor? Samarog cc phases happening one after another?), although with so many people they could likely be simply outdps-ed, using carried players as cannon fodder when necessary.

With so much dps though i don't see how anyone could see anything from mechanic. It would be solely used to carry others.

> @"Minna.7895" said:

> ofc they wouldn't gg for an extra, that's not necessary, but don't you believe you can learn much more from this than watching a video?

With one additional person? Perhaps (although in good groups new players even now have sometimes problems in seeing mechanics, if the kill is too smooth). With additional 10-20 people? Boss would phase so fast you would see nothing.

In general, i am all for making raids easier, but that even for me would be going way too far.