Obstructued

Cirrion.8951

Rifle as a weapon seems to have some potential in WvW, but this obstructed bug is seriously holding it back. Far too many kneeling shots that clearly have good LoS are not getting through because of this. Clearly minor terrain variations or slight slopes are causing problems for kneeling LoS checks; they need to use the same checks that they do for the standing shots as they do for kneeling. As it is I've basically abandoned Rifle because it is so unreliable. Is anyone else having issues with this? Is this happening in other game modes as well?

Yes it's a(nother) major problem with rifle. For me it doesn't even say obstructed on the screen, it just doesn't hit the target, the bullets just poof into thin air. Then I stand up and can hit the target from the exact same position. I give up on rifle (and thief in general) until there's a major overhaul.

> @zinkz.7045 said:

> It has been like this for 5 years, so the chances of it getting fixed now are pretty slim, you obviously never played longbow ranger, GS mesmer, rifle engi, etc...

I have in fact played a LB Ranger. This is different; shooting from the kneeling position is failing from positions that work just find standing. Taking the kneeling position seems to be changing our positioning for LoS checks to use a lower z-axis position. No other ranged weapon is affected by this.