New and Improved Fractal Difficulty

Pem.4129

> @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > > > > Love new instabilities. If you play to use advantages you are pretty rewarded with smoother runs :)

> > > > Yes, like slippery slope, birds or bleed fire.

> > > > ...oh wait.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yeah actually iirc dodging on bird retargets them on enemies and u can reflect the fire projectiles. Both contribute to smoother runs.

> > Bird dodging retargets, but also spawns bird mobs that attack you too. Reflected fire projectiles do no damage to mobs, so they do not contribute to smoother runs at all. In both cases the advantages can be used at best to negate (part of) the disadvantages, nothing more. There's no reward, it's mitigation at best.

> >

>

> So maybe I'm playing diferent game

If you can use advantages of bleed fire, social awkwardness or slippery slope to get a run that is smoother than without those instabilities, then yes, you are.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > > > > > Love new instabilities. If you play to use advantages you are pretty rewarded with smoother runs :)

> > > > > Yes, like slippery slope, birds or bleed fire.

> > > > > ...oh wait.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yeah actually iirc dodging on bird retargets them on enemies and u can reflect the fire projectiles. Both contribute to smoother runs.

> > > Bird dodging retargets, but also spawns bird mobs that attack you too. Reflected fire projectiles do no damage to mobs, so they do not contribute to smoother runs at all. In both cases the advantages can be used at best to negate (part of) the disadvantages, nothing more. There's no reward, it's mitigation at best.

> > >

> >

> > So maybe I'm playing diferent game

> If you can use advantages of bleed fire, social awkwardness or slippery slope to get a run that is smoother than without those instabilities, then yes, you are.

>

The only thing these instabilities do is make certain classes more required. Which could be considered an issue.

Remember when guardian or Mesmer were almost required for volcanic during vanilla for the reflects? Those times are back with We Bleed Fire.

While I agree that the new mechanics did up the adaptation required, I wouldn't really say that this is on a new level. Rather mechanics were rediscovered which were base line in the past. Some interactions are quite dangerous, birds+we bleed fire for example.

It has made steamrolling T4 fractals less possible and requires actual use of brain and understanding. The only thing unfair is that there has been easier access to the T4 rewards in the past (4 necro meta). Not sure that should be the target difficulty though.

> > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > > > > > Love new instabilities. If you play to use advantages you are pretty rewarded with smoother runs :)

> > > > > Yes, like slippery slope, birds or bleed fire.

> > > > > ...oh wait.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yeah actually iirc dodging on bird retargets them on enemies and u can reflect the fire projectiles. Both contribute to smoother runs.

> > > Bird dodging retargets, but also spawns bird mobs that attack you too. Reflected fire projectiles do no damage to mobs, so they do not contribute to smoother runs at all. In both cases the advantages can be used at best to negate (part of) the disadvantages, nothing more. There's no reward, it's mitigation at best.

> > >

> >

> > So maybe I'm playing diferent game

> If you can use advantages of bleed fire, social awkwardness or slippery slope to get a run that is smoother than without those instabilities, then yes, you are.

>

social awkwardness or slippery slope those two together could be pretty fun I think :D main thing is we went from max DPS group for "pick something for ez run" classes. so we change a builds and in overall to fit these instabilities. you know ..adapt.. Time per run is longer but its 30 sec on avarage

> @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > > > > > > Love new instabilities. If you play to use advantages you are pretty rewarded with smoother runs :)

> > > > > > Yes, like slippery slope, birds or bleed fire.

> > > > > > ...oh wait.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah actually iirc dodging on bird retargets them on enemies and u can reflect the fire projectiles. Both contribute to smoother runs.

> > > > Bird dodging retargets, but also spawns bird mobs that attack you too. Reflected fire projectiles do no damage to mobs, so they do not contribute to smoother runs at all. In both cases the advantages can be used at best to negate (part of) the disadvantages, nothing more. There's no reward, it's mitigation at best.

> > > >

> > >

> > > So maybe I'm playing diferent game

> > If you can use advantages of bleed fire, social awkwardness or slippery slope to get a run that is smoother than without those instabilities, then yes, you are.

> >

>

> social awkwardness or slippery slope those two together could be pretty fun I think :D

Oh they are, had that I believe 2 days ago on dredge recommended, maybe daily not sure.

Was running with guildies and suffice to say, people loved pushing each other around, especially into enemy attacks. Our Druid was especially into it, she loved pushing people off cliffs. :)

If you want to see a group of grown-ups devolve into a bunch of kids just messing around, give them slippery slope and social awkwardness. Not sure how fun this will be down the road, but for now that Elementalist is going flying :#

Ps. I do think this might be a lot more fun with voice chat and a group of friends. Still going to repeat myself to any one going solo: find a guild.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

>

> > social awkwardness or slippery slope those two together could be pretty fun I think :D

>

> Oh they are, had that I believe 2 days ago on dredge recommended, maybe daily not sure.

>

> Was running with guildies and suffice to say, people loved pushing each other around, especially into enemy attacks. Our Druid was especially into it, she loved pushing people off cliffs. :)

>

> If you want to see a group of grown-ups devolve into a bunch of kids just messing around, give them slippery slope and social awkwardness. Not sure how fun this will be down the road, but for now that Elementalist is going flying :#

>

> Ps. I do think this might be a lot more fun with voice chat and a group of friends. Still going to repeat myself to any one going solo: find a guild.

Good friend will rezz you and heal you :)

Best friend push you from the cliff and laugh at you :D

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> Ps. I do think this might be a lot more fun with voice chat and a group of friends.

Probably, the first few times. With pugs however it's different. You are practically guaranteed to get some people that won't enjoy this - and when not everyone shares the fun, it's no longer funny at all. Quite the opposite.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > > @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > > > > > > Love new instabilities. If you play to use advantages you are pretty rewarded with smoother runs :)

> > > > > > Yes, like slippery slope, birds or bleed fire.

> > > > > > ...oh wait.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah actually iirc dodging on bird retargets them on enemies and u can reflect the fire projectiles. Both contribute to smoother runs.

> > > > Bird dodging retargets, but also spawns bird mobs that attack you too. Reflected fire projectiles do no damage to mobs, so they do not contribute to smoother runs at all. In both cases the advantages can be used at best to negate (part of) the disadvantages, nothing more. There's no reward, it's mitigation at best.

> > > >

> > >

> > > So maybe I'm playing diferent game

> > If you can use advantages of bleed fire, social awkwardness or slippery slope to get a run that is smoother than without those instabilities, then yes, you are.

> >

>

> The only thing these instabilities do is make certain classes more required. Which could be considered an issue.

>

> Remember when guardian or Mesmer were almost required for volcanic during vanilla for the reflects? Those times are back with We Bleed Fire.

>

> While I agree that the new mechanics did up the adaptation required, I wouldn't really say that this is on a new level. Rather mechanics were rediscovered which were base line in the past. Some interactions are quite dangerous, birds+we bleed fire for example.

>

> It has made steamrolling T4 fractals less possible and requires actual use of brain and understanding. The only thing unfair is that there has been easier access to the T4 rewards in the past (4 necro meta). Not sure that should be the target difficulty though.

Mechanics promotimg specific utilities or classes isnt imo that bad, esp when it promotes classes like necro who everyone loves to say is useless and bad.

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > Ps. I do think this might be a lot more fun with voice chat and a group of friends.

> Probably, the first few times. With pugs however it's different. You are practically guaranteed to get some people that won't enjoy this - and when not everyone shares the fun, it's no longer funny at all. Quite the opposite.

>

>

Oh absolutely, hence why I specifically mentioned how I experienced the instabilities. I absolutely agree that this combination can be very frustrating when not approached light hearted or with a group of friends on voice chat.

Even that might not prevent this from becoming tedious some time down the road. Still think overall slippery slope and social awkwardness are among the more harmless instabilities currently. Might make people enjoy them more when they know they are free loot.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> Mechanics promotimg specific utilities or classes isnt imo that bad, esp when it promotes classes like necro who everyone loves to say is useless and bad.

In my daily T4 LFG, more nights than not I have at least 1 necro and sometimes 2, evenly split between scourge and reaper. This was true before the patch and remains true after the patch.

Fakenews.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > Mechanics promotimg specific utilities or classes isnt imo that bad, esp when it promotes classes like necro who everyone loves to say is useless and bad.

>

> In my daily T4 LFG, more nights than not I have at least 1 necro and sometimes 2, evenly split between scourge and reaper. This was true before the patch and remains true after the patch.

>

> Fakenews.

>

I mean ppl run them but you still from time to time see the comments or the posts of ppl complaining that necro is the worst thing imaginable.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > Mechanics promotimg specific utilities or classes isnt imo that bad, esp when it promotes classes like necro who everyone loves to say is useless and bad.

> >

> > In my daily T4 LFG, more nights than not I have at least 1 necro and sometimes 2, evenly split between scourge and reaper. This was true before the patch and remains true after the patch.

> >

> > Fakenews.

> >

>

> I mean ppl run them but you still from time to time see the comments or the posts of ppl complaining that necro is the worst thing imaginable.

I'm not disputing that people say that, but I am refuting the claim. Unless, perhaps, people are saying that about 99/100 CMs, but as I stated, Necros are perfectly fine in T4 content, and with the new instabilities and fractal, Condi Scourge happens to be even more of an asset.

People cry "its harder, i cant survive solo on my full berserker DH, i dont have that many dodges... :(", while the point is people are lazy. It's still are fairly easy. With top-tier group you just stick to meta and tadam - no problem. With random group you have to be more self-oriented. Don't belive that random firebrand will heal you, or clear conditions. I played on ele before, now and will play till they shutdown servers - i can survive everything on my own and still get one of the highest dps in every group. It's the same as with berserker stats - sure, its nice boost to damage. But remember that at first you have to SURVIVE, then deal damage. If you do 1-2k less dps than min-max build on golem its fine. But if you die every 5 seconds then its not fine no matter your dps bcs :

1) every second you are on the ground, you dont do dps

2) you stop 1 member of team from dealing dmg to res you

3) after few times being down you get instant death

4) if you get down, you put someone to danger just to try help you and that might be the reason for wipe in worst case

5) it lower morales of your team.

6) overall it takes much more time to finish fractal than just pick 1 skill/few set pieces for protection yourself

People forget that and expecting easy runs. I remember times when you clear dungeons with full warrior party. Now people want druid and chrono :P. Same with fractals : before whole "meta" thing it was a lot easier to find random people who can take care for themselves. Without healer most people cant survive even 10 seconds. I loved how the game was created at the beginning - no meta, no stress, a lot more fun, also no blame as every death was your fault. Now? "no, im pro, it was healer fault bcs he cant heal me good enough. No, i cant dodge this boss AoE with 5 sec delay and yes, it killed me on single hit. But healer should predict that!" :P