Speculation on new sylvari models (may contain spoilers)

phs.6089

So if things go particular way, sylvari will get new master. That is also would change their appearance.

I don't know how hard it would be to keep current model for story and such and give new model to those that want to change.

But I'm guessing, PoF owners will get a way(maybe a side quest) to change their sylvari look.

Will this add more sale points to PoF, I don't know either.

I just got this idea in particular thread, I'm afraid it was lost out there under pile of other comments.

I was wondering what community thinks/feels of this speculation?

![](https://i.imgur.com/dczBG5N.jpg"")

Where did you get the idea the sylvari are getting a new master?

If you're thinking of what happened to Caithe in the story my understanding was that's a one-off to enable Aurene to speak through her, since she seems to be unable to speak herself. I wouldn't expect any other sylvari (even player characters) to have the same treatment.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Where did you get the idea the sylvari are getting a new master?

>

> If you're thinking of what happened to Caithe in the story my understanding was that's a one-off to enable Aurene to speak through her, since she seems to be unable to speak herself. I wouldn't expect any other sylvari (even player characters) to have the same treatment.

I think Caithe was turned into Aurine's minion, yes.

> @"Chay.7852" said:

> I hope our sylvari will stay the way they are. They are unique. Sorry but i wouldn't like them to mutate into an asia-mmo human with leafy hair (and leafy armor)

That is just a prototype sylvari model picture :).

If that ever happened (hence i mentioned) new models would be not forced but given a chose. I have fate in Arena studio.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> Where did you get the idea the sylvari are getting a new master?

Indeed. We still have no update on the Pale Tree, plus Aurene is not "their master", she just bonded with Caithe (as you already stated).

However, there _is_ a possibility that Sylvari could be key to the solution of the current situation.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/dczBG5N.jpg"")

Yuck! Manga designs make me **sick**. Thank you, devs, for not making Sylvari look like _that_. :s (You did a bad "maga" job on female Asura, though. ;) )

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > Where did you get the idea the sylvari are getting a new master?

>

> Indeed. We still have no update on the Pale Tree, plus Aurene is not "their master", she just bonded with Caithe (as you already stated).

>

Just bound? But Caihte didn't lost the look, she lost flowers and the 'bond'?

P.S. I couldn't find male sylvari prototype pictures.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > Indeed. We still have no update on the Pale Tree, plus Aurene is not "their master", she just bonded with Caithe (as you already stated).

> Just bound? But Caihte didn't lost the look, she lost flowers and the 'bond'?

She enabled her to communicate with her. A transformation, yes, but that has no impact on the rest of the Sylvari.

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > Indeed. We still have no update on the Pale Tree, plus Aurene is not "their master", she just bonded with Caithe (as you already stated).

> > Just bound? But Caihte didn't lost the look, she lost flowers and the 'bond'?

>

> She enabled her to communicate with her. A transformation, yes, but that has no impact on the rest of the Sylvari.

That is where speculation starts, isn't it? It has or no? And if it has, what would it looks like and where would it lead? :)

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > She enabled her to communicate with her. A transformation, yes, but that has no impact on the rest of the Sylvari.

> That is where speculation starts, isn't it? It has or no?

Nothing to speculate about, when it is clear that the mind-melt had nothing to do with other Sylvari but was an intimate thing between Caithe and Aurene. Caithe even stated that she **allowed** Aurene to bond with **her** - has nothing to do with the rest of the Sylvari who are thousands of miles away.

I really don't know where you are getting your idea from. Yes, maybe in the future something will happen between the Sylvari and some dragon(s), but at this point there was only Caithe and Aurene.

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > She enabled her to communicate with her. A transformation, yes, but that has no impact on the rest of the Sylvari.

> > That is where speculation starts, isn't it? It has or no?

>

> Nothing to speculate about, when it is clear that the mind-melt had nothing to do with other Sylvari but was an intimate thing between Caithe and Aurene. Caithe even stated that she **allowed** Aurene to bond with **her** - has nothing to do with the rest of the Sylvari who are thousands of miles away.

>

> I really don't know where you are getting your idea from. Yes, maybe in the future something will happen between the Sylvari and some dragon(s), but at this point there was only Caithe and Aurene.

Caithe is the one of the last firstborns we know of and she has access to Dream, without being dead. I think there are lost of things to speculate. Aurine didn't bond, she made her own after Caither gave her permission(Our friends wouldn't be that surprised and scared and call it corruption if it was juts a bond). But doesn't Jormag makes minions that come to him(her) voluntarily?

She bound her for a single phrase? Aurine could just shake her head and rawr several time, even Braham would get the answer. :)

I'm not sure what exactly happened to Caithe but both she and Aurene insisted she chose it and it's not branding. As far as I know nothing has changed in that respect - sylvari still can't be branded (or turned into risen, ice brood etc.) because they're already dragon minions and the dragons can't corrupt each others minions. But more importantly this was Aurene choosing 1 specific individual for one purpose, there was not indication at all that she's going to take over all the sylvari.

Although apparently that is specific to dragon corruption. The awakened sylvari in the latest story were a big surprise to me (and to them apparently) but prove that they're not totally immune to 'corruption' or magic which changes a being to a different form. I hope we get to see more about them, as it might shed some light on how this type of magic works - for example why sylvari can be awakened but not risen - and therefore help us understand what happened to Caithe and what the implications might be for other sylvari and/or other creatures dragons want in a similar role.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> Aurine didn't bond, she made her own after Caither gave her permission.

What?! No, she did not turn Caithe into her minion - what a terrible thought is that??? Nothing in the story or dialogue supports your claim. She does NOT control Caithe (which is the definition of a minion), she just allowed her to read her thoughts and feel her feelings = to share a strong bond.

The physical transformation was to visualize that fact.

> But doesn't Jormag makes minions that come to him(her) voluntarily?

Yes, that CAME to him. Not someone who resides thousands of miles away. Same with Mordremoth.

But again, Aurene did not turn Caithe into a dragon minion. Caithe herself explains that "this is NOT corruption."

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > Aurine didn't bond, she made her own after Caither gave her permission.

>

> What?! No, she did not turn Caithe into her minion - what a terrible thought is that??? Nothing in the story or dialogue supports your claim. She does NOT control Caithe (which is the definition of a minion), she just allowed her to read her thoughts and feel her feelings = to share a strong bond.

>

> The physical transformation was to visualize that fact.

>

> > But doesn't Jormag makes minions that come to him(her) voluntarily?

>

> Yes, that CAME to him. Not someone who resides thousands of miles away. Same with Mordremoth.

>

> But again, Aurene did not turn Caithe into a dragon minion. Caithe herself explains that "this is NOT corruption."

Yes it wasn't a corruption, it wasn't any kind of corruption we know of, then again Aurine is not as any other dragon we know of.

She doesn't control Caithe but speaks trough her and changes her look? See where am I going with this? Again Caithe can go into Dream, the place connecting all sylvari expert once that went with Nightmare? What if Aurine goes into Dream trough Caithe?

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > Aurine didn't bond, she made her own after Caither gave her permission.

> >

> > What?! No, she did not turn Caithe into her minion - what a terrible thought is that??? Nothing in the story or dialogue supports your claim. She does NOT control Caithe (which is the definition of a minion), she just allowed her to read her thoughts and feel her feelings = to share a strong bond.

> >

> > The physical transformation was to visualize that fact.

> >

> > > But doesn't Jormag makes minions that come to him(her) voluntarily?

> >

> > Yes, that CAME to him. Not someone who resides thousands of miles away. Same with Mordremoth.

> >

> > But again, Aurene did not turn Caithe into a dragon minion. Caithe herself explains that "this is NOT corruption."

>

> Yes it wasn't a corruption, it wasn't any kind of corruption we know of, then again Aurine is not as any other dragon we know of.

> She doesn't control Caithe but speaks trough her and changes her look? See where am I going with this? Again Caithe can go into Dream, the place connecting all sylvari expert once that went with Nightmare? What if Aurine goes into Dream trough Caithe?

Caithe cannot go into the Dream, the Pale Mother basically helped her get inside, iirc. You might be pulling your thought from the tutorial for the sylvari player, where Caithe enters the Dream. But that was with the Mother's help, Caithe didn't and can't do that on her own. Or perhaps I'm seriously misunderstanding your claim, here.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> Yes it wasn't a corruption, it wasn't any kind of corruption we know of, then again Aurine is not as any other dragon we know of.

> She doesn't control Caithe but speaks trough her and changes her look? See where am I going with this? Again Caithe can go into Dream, the place connecting all sylvari expert once that went with Nightmare? What if Aurine goes into Dream trough Caithe?

You are all wrong, sorry. Caithe cannot enter "The Dream" at will. Don't know where you got all your misinformation from. :s And no, it was not corruption - if you don't believe me then at least believe Caithe, because she should know best, no?

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> I would like some new sylvari models that are crystal based rather than leafy, think it would be cool.

>

> Anyone else super envious that Caithe was bonded and not the player??

Not at all envious, why would I be? Caithe is the one who nurtured and bonded with Aurene from the time she hatched. The PC doesn't do anything but bark orders at her, that's hardly a bond.

its always a possibility. WoW just recently allowed night elves to go dark and emo with elunes wrath or whatever and they added allied races last expac and this one which are basically re-skins of old races and they are extremely popular right now. so theoretically we could get something like that. sylvarri would be a good choice. could also maybe see dwarves and stone dwarves, or norn that could transform into koda or something similar maybe.

> @"Chay.7852" said:

> I hope our sylvari will stay the way they are. They are unique. Sorry but i wouldn't like them to mutate into an asia-mmo human with leafy hair (and leafy armor)

> Yuck! Manga designs make me **sick**. Thank you, devs, for not making Sylvari look like _that_. :s (You did a bad "maga" job on female Asura, though. ;) )

Don't pretend every single female sylvari wouldn't immediately pick this. It'd be meta and you know it.

> @"CETheLucid.3964" said:

> > @"Chay.7852" said:

> > I hope our sylvari will stay the way they are. They are unique. Sorry but i wouldn't like them to mutate into an asia-mmo human with leafy hair (and leafy armor)

>

> > Yuck! Manga designs make me **sick**. Thank you, devs, for not making Sylvari look like _that_. :s (You did a bad "maga" job on female Asura, though. ;) )

>

> Don't pretend every single female sylvari wouldn't immediately pick this. It'd be meta and you know it.

That's what I am afraid of - don't want to see "gw2 goes Manga style".