volatile magic refresh

Calvsie.3675

> @"Calvsie.3675" said:

> Do you know if its character locked or account wide?

There’s an account wide cap but you’ll notice it per character as well. I used to farm LS3 dailies for quick karma and the UM dailies could be a pain if I did them even a minute sooner than I had done the previous day as those individual “nodes” wouldn’t have respawned yet.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Calvsie.3675" said:

> > Do you know if its character locked or account wide?

>

> There’s an account wide cap but you’ll notice it per character as well. I used to farm LS3 dailies for quick karma and the UM dailies could be a pain if I did them even a minute sooner than I had done the previous day as those individual “nodes” wouldn’t have respawned yet.

Putting this together, in theory, if you had a gazillion toons, you could stand in one spot that overlapped a single VM (or UM) orb, swap toons to collect, swap again, and repeat... up until you reached the account limit (I hope it goes without saying this is a horribly inefficient use of character swapping).

Each instance also resets the nodes (including any that are non-random). So in a popular map, e.g. Thunderhead right now, you can have the same character return and grab the same orbs throughout the day (also until capping).

In general, all "resource nodes" follow a common set of rules, with some more restricted and some less. Restriction types include per map, per character, per account, per reset period, per 16-23 hour period, per 24 hours, and per instance.

I used to farm UM in BSF, if memory serves, there were 250 total orbs floating around, I was able to fully collect on 2 characters and go about midway on the 3rd character before the UM disappeared completely and it reappeared exactly 24 hours later, so that would put the cap at about 600. Now, the cap was much smaller originally, and it could have increased since I did it last, I'Ive never tested VM cap, but, reset I believe remains 24 hours for both.