female asura/charr keep getting male outfits

> @"Dante.1508" said:

> > @"PlagueParade.7942" said:

> > If I wanted the male outfit i'd have made a male asura/charr. come on anet stop giving female asura/charr the male counterpart outfits. Pretty please with w/e you want on top.

> >

> > P.S. Completely forgot that the new outfit is a datamined one and will probably be out next week. My apologies for any type of spoiler this may be.

>

> Its frustrating as all hell and i will not buy male costumes..

> > @"Erulogos.2591" said:

> > Other than voice and hair (and I'm not sure why those even,) I don't know how you'd tell an Asura was male or female. At least within the confines of a family friendly video game. They don't seem to be mammals, or have a mammalian body type (such as what the Sylvary mimicked.) So they should probably be able to wear whatever they like.

>

> **They are reptiles.. Its even says in some chat lines in Asura stories..**

A small correction...

Quote from GW2 wiki:

"...In matters of childbirth and early development, little is known outside of the knowledge that asura give birth to live young in the same manner as humans **(that is, they are placental mammals)"**

> @"Sarog.9068" said:

> > @"Dante.1508" said:

> > > @"PlagueParade.7942" said:

> > > If I wanted the male outfit i'd have made a male asura/charr. come on anet stop giving female asura/charr the male counterpart outfits. Pretty please with w/e you want on top.

> > >

> > > P.S. Completely forgot that the new outfit is a datamined one and will probably be out next week. My apologies for any type of spoiler this may be.

> >

> > Its frustrating as all hell and i will not buy male costumes..

> > > @"Erulogos.2591" said:

> > > Other than voice and hair (and I'm not sure why those even,) I don't know how you'd tell an Asura was male or female. At least within the confines of a family friendly video game. They don't seem to be mammals, or have a mammalian body type (such as what the Sylvary mimicked.) So they should probably be able to wear whatever they like.

> >

> > **They are reptiles.. Its even says in some chat lines in Asura stories..**

>

> A small correction...

>

> Quote from GW2 wiki:

> "...In matters of childbirth and early development, little is known outside of the knowledge that asura give birth to live young in the same manner as humans **(that is, they are placental mammals)"**

Is there a source for that? I can't find one referenced on the wiki. Giving birth to live young doesn't necessarily imply that they're placental mammals - counterexamples include some species of vipers, skinks and sharks. (All that said, I'd always assumed they were mammals too.)

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> In GW1, female Asura were properly designed (Oola! <3).

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/UFR1VBR.jpg "")

Oola's design is fantastic. There's something about her that, to me, seems much more convincingly like a real creature than any of the other asura, in either game. I can't even put my finger on what it is...

> @"Dante.1508" said:

> > @"PlagueParade.7942" said:

> > If I wanted the male outfit i'd have made a male asura/charr. come on anet stop giving female asura/charr the male counterpart outfits. Pretty please with w/e you want on top.

> >

> > P.S. Completely forgot that the new outfit is a datamined one and will probably be out next week. My apologies for any type of spoiler this may be.

>

> Its frustrating as all hell and i will not buy male costumes..

> > @"Erulogos.2591" said:

> > Other than voice and hair (and I'm not sure why those even,) I don't know how you'd tell an Asura was male or female. At least within the confines of a family friendly video game. They don't seem to be mammals, or have a mammalian body type (such as what the Sylvary mimicked.) So they should probably be able to wear whatever they like.

>

> They are reptiles.. Its even says in some chat lines in Asura stories..

Asura males and females differ in facial structure and voices, mostly. Plus whatever is hidden by their pants.

Regarding Asura being "reptiles", ANet has verified via the Wiki that Asura reproduce in the same manner as humans, indicating they are placental mammals. That plus their underground origins makes me think Asura are evolved from underground mammal predators of some sort. I say predators because of Asura teeth and claws.

> @"Sarog.9068" said:

> > @"Dante.1508" said:

> > > If I wanted the male outfit i'd have made a male asura/charr. come on anet stop giving female asura/charr the male counterpart outfits. Pretty please with w/e you want on top.

> > >

> > > P.S. Completely forgot that the new outfit is a datamined one and will probably be out next week. My apologies for any type of spoiler this may be.

> >

> > > Other than voice and hair (and I'm not sure why those even,) I don't know how you'd tell an Asura was male or female. At least within the confines of a family friendly video game. They don't seem to be mammals, or have a mammalian body type (such as what the Sylvary mimicked.) So they should probably be able to wear whatever they like.

> >

> > **They are reptiles.. Its even says in some chat lines in Asura stories..**

>

> A small correction...

>

> Quote from GW2 wiki:

> "...In matters of childbirth and early development, little is known outside of the knowledge that asura give birth to live young in the same manner as humans **(that is, they are placental mammals)"**

Literally says in Asura story parts that they are Reptiles.. Wiki can say what it likes.

> @"Jimbru.6014" said:

> > @"Dante.1508" said:

> > >

> >

> >

> > They are reptiles.. Its even says in some chat lines in Asura stories..

>

> Asura males and females differ in facial structure and voices, mostly. Plus whatever is hidden by their pants.

>

> Regarding Asura being "reptiles", ANet has verified via the Wiki that Asura reproduce in the same manner as humans, indicating they are placental mammals. That plus their underground origins makes me think Asura are evolved from underground mammal predators of some sort. I say predators because of Asura teeth and claws.

>

>

>

Well then the ingame stories are wrong.. but they still say they are reptiles.

> @"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:

> > @"Sarog.9068" said:

> > > @"Dante.1508" said:

> > > > @"PlagueParade.7942" said:

> > > > If I wanted the male outfit i'd have made a male asura/charr. come on anet stop giving female asura/charr the male counterpart outfits. Pretty please with w/e you want on top.

> > > >

> > > > P.S. Completely forgot that the new outfit is a datamined one and will probably be out next week. My apologies for any type of spoiler this may be.

> > >

> > > Its frustrating as all hell and i will not buy male costumes..

> > > > @"Erulogos.2591" said:

> > > > Other than voice and hair (and I'm not sure why those even,) I don't know how you'd tell an Asura was male or female. At least within the confines of a family friendly video game. They don't seem to be mammals, or have a mammalian body type (such as what the Sylvary mimicked.) So they should probably be able to wear whatever they like.

> > >

> > > **They are reptiles.. Its even says in some chat lines in Asura stories..**

> >

> > A small correction...

> >

> > Quote from GW2 wiki:

> > "...In matters of childbirth and early development, little is known outside of the knowledge that asura give birth to live young in the same manner as humans **(that is, they are placental mammals)"**

>

> Is there a source for that? I can't find one referenced on the wiki. Giving birth to live young doesn't necessarily imply that they're placental mammals - counterexamples include some species of vipers, skinks and sharks. (All that said, I'd always assumed they were mammals too.)

>

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > In GW1, female Asura were properly designed (Oola! <3).

> >

>

> Oola's design is fantastic. There's something about her that, to me, seems much more convincingly like a real creature than any of the other asura, in either game. I can't even put my finger on what it is...

Its called being a Genius

> @"Dante.1508" said:

> Literally says in Asura story parts that they are Reptiles.. Wiki can say what it likes.

> Well then the ingame stories are wrong.. but they still say they are reptiles.

You keep saying that. A proper quotation would come in handy. Or say what part of the story so we can go educate ourselves, please.

> @"Dante.1508" said:

> Literally says in Asura story parts that they are Reptiles.. Wiki can say what it likes.

Do you remember where it says this? I've done all the asuran story lines and I don't remember any mention of them being reptiles, but it has been a few years since I've done some of them.

> @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> > female asura/charr keep getting male outfits

>

> And it's awesome. Ideally, all races would get all gender options, but the engine the game runs on would have a very high work demand for that kind of thing.

>

> Purely from a lore perspective, however, Charr and Asura don't care as much about gender as we do and their bodies are very similar between genders as well. Genderizing their attire is actually an anomaly in their culture which, while possible, seems not to be the standard for either species. In fact, calling the outfits 'male' would probably confuse Charr and Asura, because they aren't obsessed with gender the way Humans are and don't consider clothing to be reflective of it.

I would have thought it'd be much easier to set up a system where you buy 2 separate outfits as a pack and then both are available to choose than a system where the game has to check the race and gender of the character and use that to determine which version the character wears - it's only 1-2 extra steps but still more for the engine to do than if they had players make the choice.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Dante.1508" said:

> > Literally says in Asura story parts that they are Reptiles.. Wiki can say what it likes.

>

> Do you remember where it says this? I've done all the asuran story lines and I don't remember any mention of them being reptiles, but it has been a few years since I've done some of them.

>

I've also done all lines of personal story more than once, and I do not recall that there would have been any references to the biological origin of the Asura from reptiles.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I would have thought it'd be much easier to set up a system where you buy 2 separate outfits as a pack and then both are available to choose than a system where the game has to check the race and gender of the character and use that to determine which version the character wears - it's only 1-2 extra steps but still more for the engine to do than if they had players make the choice.

I think the work comes in when you have to fit the 'male' outfit to the 'female' model and the other way around for each race, essentially doubling the effort that's put into each outfit. I don't know how much extra work that would be, but it's work that would have to be done every time as opposed to a system that automatically applies one outfit per gender per race (the current model).

We don't see the genders as very different, but the game itself treats them as separate entities with different fitting points. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see a system such as you describe, but I think I get why we don't have it yet.

> @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

>

> > I would have thought it'd be much easier to set up a system where you buy 2 separate outfits as a pack and then both are available to choose than a system where the game has to check the race and gender of the character and use that to determine which version the character wears - it's only 1-2 extra steps but still more for the engine to do than if they had players make the choice.

>

> I think the work comes in when you have to fit the 'male' outfit to the 'female' model and the other way around for each race, essentially doubling the effort that's put into each outfit. I don't know how much extra work that would be, but it's work that would have to be done every time as opposed to a system that automatically applies one outfit per gender per race (the current model).

>

> We don't see the genders as very different, but the game itself treats them as separate entities with different fitting points. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see a system such as you describe, but I think I get why we don't have it yet.

You're right, but again that's work a person would need to do to make the adjustments. The comment I was responding to was "Ideally, all races would get all gender options, but the engine the game runs on would have a very high work demand for that kind of thing." So what I'm saying is if there were two separate outfits - one 'male' and one 'female' but both available to all characters the **game engine** would actually have less to do because it wouldn't have to check if the character is male or female and determine which version of the outfit it needs, the player would make that choice.

I'm not saying it wouldn't require more work for Anet staff, just that it's less work for the game engine so technical limitations are not an issue.

I think I'm more annoyed with the differences of armor render depending on the race used.

My female asura has a double damocles sword over her head:

-She can't wear female versions of armor.

-The outfit doesn't render like human female who got all the nice versions, annoying.

Want aetherblade medium pants (skirt) no you can't! Get that awful ugly male version instead. Very stupid design decision restricting skirt appareances to human/norn female.... and it's the same with several sets.

But the fact of not using female versions also break my nerves.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aetherblade_armor_(medium)

When seeing charr and asura are different than others I just want to hit my head on the wall asking why....

> @"anninke.7469" said:

> > @"Dante.1508" said:

>

> > Literally says in Asura story parts that they are Reptiles.. Wiki can say what it likes.

> ...

> > Well then the ingame stories are wrong.. but they still say they are reptiles.

>

> You keep saying that. A proper quotation would come in handy. Or say what part of the story so we can go educate ourselves, please.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Dante.1508" said:

>

> Do you remember where it says this? I've done all the asuran story lines and I don't remember any mention of them being reptiles, but it has been a few years since I've done some of them.

>

> > @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> > > female asura/charr keep getting male outfits

> >

> > And it's awesome. Ideally, all races would get all gender options, but the engine the game runs on would have a very high work demand for that kind of thing.

> >

> > Purely from a lore perspective, however, Charr and Asura don't care as much about gender as we do and their bodies are very similar between genders as well. Genderizing their attire is actually an anomaly in their culture which, while possible, seems not to be the standard for either species. In fact, calling the outfits 'male' would probably confuse Charr and Asura, because they aren't obsessed with gender the way Humans are and don't consider clothing to be reflective of it.

>

> I would have thought it'd be much easier to set up a system where you buy 2 separate outfits as a pack and then both are available to choose than a system where the game has to check the race and gender of the character and use that to determine which version the character wears - it's only 1-2 extra steps but still more for the engine to do than if they had players make the choice.

I thought i screen captured it when i saw it but i think i hit F12 (Steam) and maybe got nothing, but i read it early on i think during one of the Savant trials.. either the MIG or the weather device competition.. Sadly i'm now 80, i leveled a couple of Asura this last month, i plan on making more so if i see it again i will most definitely screenie it.

Just look at that Noble Count Outfit on Store at the moment i made the mistake of buying it on a male asura and all the females are equipped the same.. Looks amazing on female other races but i wasted 525 gems on my Asuras...

I will be very careful to only buy this stuff after checking female Asuras in the future.. what a waste of real life money.