Chat Window Suggestion

Legend.6275

Not sure if this has been posted somewhere and I apologize in advance as I didn't see anybody posting about this but I have noticed a problem with the in game chat window.

By default the chat window has only one tab "MAIN". Why isn't there one for Guild, Combat, Whispers, by default? Too much chat is missed and it causes frustration. My suggestion and I have seen this in other MMO's that the tabs will light up if there is chat detected and the whisper has been replaced with instant messenger. Anybody with me on this? I would like to see some of this happen. B)

Also, why even have Guild missions for WvW when everyone in the guild is on different servers? Don't beleive me? try asking everyone in game what server they are on. We can't play WvW as a guild, its pointless, please remove it

Just saying, the game could be more user friendly, why should people struggle setting things up they dont' know much about?

Guild alliances? might be okay with some people.> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> You can set up several tabs in chat.

> Guild Alliances are being worked on. Check the WvW sub-forum for details.

>

> Good luck.

Just saying, the game could be more user friendly, why should people struggle setting things up they dont' know much about? Isn't that why Arenanet hired developers to work on this kind of problem? Must be nice getting paid and not fix things like broken quests and so forth. :/

Guild alliances? might be okay with some people.

> @"Legend.6275" said:

> Just saying, the game could be more user friendly, why should people struggle setting things up they dont' know much about?

> Guild alliances? might be okay with some people.> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > You can set up several tabs in chat.

> > Guild Alliances are being worked on. Check the WvW sub-forum for details.

> >

> > Good luck.

>

> Just saying, the game could be more user friendly, why should people struggle setting things up they dont' know much about? Isn't that why Arenanet hired developers to work on this kind of problem? Must be nice getting paid and not fix things like broken quests and so forth. :/

> Guild alliances? might be okay with some people.

Your suggestion of having a separate tab for each channel is what most people would probably consider clunky and unusable, therefore being inappropriate for a default. The existing defaults are perfectly functional for a video game. If you are trying to carry a dozen conversations at once you are running the wrong program.

> @"Legend.6275" said:

> Not sure if this has been posted somewhere and I apologize in advance as I didn't see anybody posting about this but I have noticed a problem with the in game chat window.

> By default the chat window has only one tab "MAIN". Why isn't there one for Guild, Combat, Whispers, by default? Too much chat is missed and it causes frustration. My suggestion and I have seen this in other MMO's that the tabs will light up if there is chat detected and the whisper has been replaced with instant messenger. Anybody with me on this? I would like to see some of this happen. B)

> Also, why even have Guild missions for WvW when everyone in the guild is on different servers? Don't beleive me? try asking everyone in game what server they are on. We can't play WvW as a guild, its pointless, please remove it

In My guild all the wvw players are in same server coz.. you know.. you can change server.

What I'd like to see (and correct me if this is already available) is a chat notification when a guildmate logs on/off, like it does with friends. Do I have to 'friend' everyone in my guild to get this? It's a simple thing that I've seen in other games and makes for a friendlier atmosphere as people greet one-another as they log in.