Plz Do not make Guildwars3 a mobile game

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > While I understand your frustration partially, on the other hand

>

> Annoyance <> frustration. ;)

>

> > does the GW2 need to be dead for anet to release another mmo? Anet doesnt necesarrily have to be 1-2 game company forever : P GW1 is still up from what I know and some of my friends hopped into it like a year ago for the first time.

>

> As has been discussed a million times, and just yesterday in yet another GW3 thread, GW2 was developed only because the devs wanted to do more with GW1 but couldn't due to its technical limitations. It wasn't created because they wanted to have a second game running next to GW1.

>

> > Also - I hate mobile games. Please never release them : P.

>

> Indeed.

I never said it wasnt released just because of that.

But - there are some companies that produce and update a few mmo's at once - I just don't understand why a lot of people thing "new game = gw2 dead". Other thing is GW2 engine has its problems - not using processor multiple cores efficiently (if at all - mostly its 1 core 90%+) and newer directx etc which leads to performance problems. I can play Witcher 3 on Ultra High on 70-80 fps, can play most MMO's on 60-80 fps yet in gw2 in most bigger events. in LA its barely around 20ish. It also brings up my PC (processor only ofc...) temperature to 90 Celsiuses - its crazy. GW2 doesn't really run well on Linux and on consoles it at all - and there is a tendency now to release on both of these platforms as more and more people use Linux or play mainly on consoles.

If they can't fix that sooner or later they'll need to rebuild an engine or to make a new game again. Not in 1 year, maybe not in 2, but probably sooner than later.

Posts wishing for "things" in GW3 like this one can be quite useful, because Im sure devs can be thinking about their next game or engine update or whatever - even if it's just thinking for now.

> @"Kas.3509" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > > While I understand your frustration partially, on the other hand

> >

> > Annoyance <> frustration. ;)

> >

> > > does the GW2 need to be dead for anet to release another mmo? Anet doesnt necesarrily have to be 1-2 game company forever : P GW1 is still up from what I know and some of my friends hopped into it like a year ago for the first time.

> >

> > As has been discussed a million times, and just yesterday in yet another GW3 thread, GW2 was developed only because the devs wanted to do more with GW1 but couldn't due to its technical limitations. It wasn't created because they wanted to have a second game running next to GW1.

> >

> > > Also - I hate mobile games. Please never release them : P.

> >

> > Indeed.

>

> I never said it wasnt released just because of that.

> But - there are some companies that produce and update a few mmo's at once - I just don't understand why a lot of people thing "new game = gw2 dead". Other thing is GW2 engine has its problems - not using processor multiple cores efficiently (if at all - mostly its 1 core 90%+) and newer directx etc which leads to performance problems. I can play Witcher 3 on Ultra High on 70-80 fps, can play most MMO's on 60-80 fps yet in gw2 in most bigger events. in LA its barely around 20ish. It also brings up my PC (processor only ofc...) temperature to 90 Celsiuses - its crazy. GW2 doesn't really run well on Linux and on consoles it at all - and there is a tendency now to release on both of these platforms as more and more people use Linux or play mainly on consoles.

> If they can't fix that sooner or later they'll need to rebuild an engine or to make a new game again. Not in 1 year, maybe not in 2, but probably sooner than later.

>

> Posts wishing for "things" in GW3 like this one can be quite useful, because Im sure devs can be thinking about their next game or engine update or whatever - even if it's just thinking for now.

GW2 is designed to work well on a low spec pc, and is NOT optimised for latest machines. Im playing an overclocked AMD FX chip with a clocked 7800GT and still get 50 on average with only shadows and reflections reduced and game looks a hell of a lot more stylish than most out there. MMO's are not about high fidelity graphics they are about gameplay and supporting the state of large player bases. Consider pretty much only GW2 is handling wvw styler gameplay on their servers at the mo with its main competitor ESO being a brutal elastic banding buggy lagfest.

Sure an upgrade would be nice, but the massive cost does not equate to the amount of content that we would lose to pay for it. One for the future.

> @"Kas.3509" said:

> But - there are some companies that produce and update a few mmo's at once - I just don't understand why a lot of people thing "new game = gw2 dead".

I never said that's what I was thinking. And it isn't.

If you have been around for a while, you must be aware of the fact that ANet lacks the resources to have two Guild Wars games running that are both equally frequently updated with big amounts of content.

> Other thing is GW2 engine has its problems [...]

Engine updates do not automatically require a new game. It would be insane to release a new game only because of an engine update that enables better multicore support or a new DirectX.

> Posts wishing for "things" in GW3 like this one can be quite useful, because Im sure devs can be thinking about their next game or engine update or whatever - even if it's just thinking for now.

You believe the devs require people to talk about GW3 in order to give them the idea of making a better engine for a new game (or even the current one)? Really? What game developer would create a new game with its new engine without fulfilling the current up-to-date requirements?

GW3 threads are pointless as long as the developer has not stated that they will start/have started working on it.