To actually take ranked seriously and the leaderboard.

Ziggityzog.7389

Matchmaking is created when you have a functioning ELO. But here we don’t because the K factor in the ELO algorithm doesn’t work as the game exists now. You would either need to increase the sample (more players) , or change the game mechanics to narrow the difference between the skilled and the beginner player (narrow the k factor). There is no reason to take pvp in GW2 seriously. Just play, have fun, and look to other games for your pvp fix if you are looking for a true competitive environment.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard ban on obvious win trading is the most important.

Second priority would be this:

* A person buys 10 accounts that are actually registered in his name, with the same credit card.

* Anet is able to recognize this and only allows this person to have 1 account that is allowed to place and show on the leaderboards.

* This person may play all of their accounts as freely as they wish, even in ranked, but only 1 account is allowed to take a position on the leaderboard.

^ Something like that "figure out the fine details later" would be ideal.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > Curious, explain to me what the issue of playing my alt account

>

> Is it a free account on the leaderboards alongside your other accounts?

>

> is it used for win trading?

>

> is it used to smurf easy games and farm newbies?

>

> if you answer yes to any of those questions then nothing needs to be explained as I'm positive you're intelligent enough to know already.

>

It's a bought account and I want it to have a top10 title since I already have rank 1 on my main account. So I will duo Q with it as I would with my main account.

Problem?

> @"Ziggityzog.7389" said:

> Why do you need a alt account to play ranked pvp? You can add more toons to your account. Those with alts playing pvp ranked tend to be wintraders or match manipulators.

Because my main account already has rank 1 since seasons ago, so I'm not allowed to get it on any other account then?

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > Curious, explain to me what the issue of playing my alt account

> >

> > Is it a free account on the leaderboards alongside your other accounts?

> >

> > is it used for win trading?

> >

> > is it used to smurf easy games and farm newbies?

> >

> > if you answer yes to any of those questions then nothing needs to be explained as I'm positive you're intelligent enough to know already.

> >

>

> It's a bought account and I want it to have a top10 title since I already have rank 1 on my main account. So I will duo Q with it as I would with my main account.

>

> Problem?

nope but it sounds like you've got one with the way you're posting. ??

but like I said, I believe you're intelligent enough to know where the issues lie.

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > Curious, explain to me what the issue of playing my alt account

> >

> > Is it a free account on the leaderboards alongside your other accounts?

> >

> > is it used for win trading?

> >

> > is it used to smurf easy games and farm newbies?

> >

> > if you answer yes to any of those questions then nothing needs to be explained as I'm positive you're intelligent enough to know already.

> >

>

> It's a bought account and I want it to have a top10 title since I already have rank 1 on my main account. So I will duo Q with it as I would with my main account.

>

> Problem?

People spend money on a second account for a title they even already have? Sounds reasonable. I would buy a new account each season so you can spend all the money you do not need.

> @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > Curious, explain to me what the issue of playing my alt account

> > >

> > > Is it a free account on the leaderboards alongside your other accounts?

> > >

> > > is it used for win trading?

> > >

> > > is it used to smurf easy games and farm newbies?

> > >

> > > if you answer yes to any of those questions then nothing needs to be explained as I'm positive you're intelligent enough to know already.

> > >

> >

> > It's a bought account and I want it to have a top10 title since I already have rank 1 on my main account. So I will duo Q with it as I would with my main account.

> >

> > Problem?

>

> People spend money on a second account for a title they even already have? Sounds reasonable. I would buy a new account each season so you can spend all the money you do not need.

Dw i got the acc for free when i got partnered. But its not i expect much from you ?

the only problem is the population ... there's not enough ppl in the same tier of equal level-skill so matchmaking feels a bit out of hand with low gold and high plat playing together...

The game quality is so bad because of that ... the standard deviation of lvl or game awareness in the same team is too high because of the low population. There's a huge gap in term of lvl in the same team (maybe less on prime time)

And it won't change unless there's 2k ppl that are extremely good at the game that comes into pvp (pretty unlikely)

Get over it or quit. It will not be sane to force yourself into that if you not having fun.

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > Curious, explain to me what the issue of playing my alt account

> > > >

> > > > Is it a free account on the leaderboards alongside your other accounts?

> > > >

> > > > is it used for win trading?

> > > >

> > > > is it used to smurf easy games and farm newbies?

> > > >

> > > > if you answer yes to any of those questions then nothing needs to be explained as I'm positive you're intelligent enough to know already.

> > > >

> > >

> > > It's a bought account and I want it to have a top10 title since I already have rank 1 on my main account. So I will duo Q with it as I would with my main account.

> > >

> > > Problem?

> >

> > People spend money on a second account for a title they even already have? Sounds reasonable. I would buy a new account each season so you can spend all the money you do not need.

>

> Dw i got the acc for free when i got partnered. But its not i expect much from you ?

Just wait till Peach wants the rank one title too....

Edit: You could be God and Goddess of PvP!

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> Curious, explain to me what the issue of playing my alt account is?

One particular issue I can think of is when you are doing so while your main account has been temp-banned. Not talking about you in particular, but I'm fairly sure you know at least someone (or two, three) where it applies.

That said, on the actual poll, simply perma-ban (including obvious alt-accounts) offenders. Since esports is dead anyway, there is no need to apply double-standards to formerly "popular" offenders just cause they happen to generate a handful of views on twitch. Thank you.

I think we need a hard bans, no more favouritisms for top ranked ex-esports players.

Temp bans do nothing, because as we already have seen they will just use alt accounts and get the same places on leadersboards, because they got nothing to lose and will get the same loot and gold anyway and rating, just on different account.

Toxic people, they got nothing to lose as well or rather they won't lose nothing, because no action is ever taken against them. In all my years I have seen 1 temp ban on someone who was really really rude and over did it quite hard, other then that nothing.

So how we fix it, everyone is equal, no more temp bans, but 3 strike system that decays every few seasons with perma PvP ban for highly offensive deeds.

For example...

* You sell AT or top ranked place in the leaderboards both people get perma PvP ban, no appeal, hell if its RTM should be even perma game ban.

* You are toxic: wish death, illnesses or any kind of other toxic behaviour you get a strike, 3 strikes and you are out.

* If could be proven that for malicious attempt someone is throwing or trolling with action not words they should get a strike as well.

_Last point is hard to prove, because of players perspective, one can see something on map others can't or make a bad call, so should be only applied to malicious actions that can be clearly seen._

If PvP ends up having 3 people so be it, might as well take the torch and burn it down if required, because getting to see our dear old ex e-sports players abusing the old crippled PvP system is just sad and worse then any toxic behaviours your can see in PvP.

Also duo que is fine, this is a team based game after all where strategy and comp synergy and communication is key, if you want 1v1 I would recommend StarCraft 2, then you will only have you and your opponent, nothing between, your skill vs their skill.

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> > @"Ziggityzog.7389" said:

> > Why do you need a alt account to play ranked pvp? You can add more toons to your account. Those with alts playing pvp ranked tend to be wintraders or match manipulators.

>

> Because my main account already has rank 1 since seasons ago, so I'm not allowed to get it on any other account then?

Obviously someone missed the point. One account per season is fine. The issue is when you log onto multiple accounts during one season just to block, have extra spots, or match manipulate. Why does one need multiple accounts for one season?. If your account is banned or has a title then a different account for the season is just fine.

When normal people (that are not pros) are trying to wintrade just to keep up. Something is wrong. The pros set the examples and spat in everyone's faces when they got caught. Now everyone feels the need to do it.

And also watching a full pro team get steamrolled in most of the /actual/ competitive games only proves that this particular PvP is nothing but a safe space.

> @"sarkysek.1085" said:

> > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > Curious, explain to me what the issue of playing my alt account is?

>

> I don't think wintraders should be allowed to write on forums.

Seriously tho. I mean what does a alt account improve by having? Only thing i can think of is free gold and storage space for pve stuff. Besides that anyone who needs a alt account for ranked pvp play is most likely a win trader who has been caught or uses it to wintrade /match manipulate. You can buy more character slots if its a character issue for pvp on your main account. Just got 1 account here 9 toons

• 3 weeks later...

With season 15 being around half done all i hear in mapchat is how almost every game in all divisions has a afk, random fighter who goes and dies without trying, a full disconnect (maybe rejoins later), and now bots. With all the win trading going on i always laugh that the "top" (lol hahaha) players on the cheaterboard are at a win loss ratio of 5 or 6 to 1. Sure... Aye chalk white basement trolls are awesome.