Been gone a while what is the current state of the class I always wanted to play?

Ryou.2398

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shortbow isn't absolutely terrible. You can definitely use it if you want. It's a bit tricky to use in PvP, but for general PvE it's totally fine. As for your first question.. you can't technically play as a jack-of-all trades without making yourself rather poor at all that you would try to do, so it's best to commit to raw physical damage, condition damage or support through heals, cleanses, boon sharing, a major projectile block upkeep, etc. You can juggle a little bit with some of your stats between the different types of build focuses, but you would lean more towards one over another. That goes for any class really. In general PvE however, you can play as a jack-of-all trades if you really want to and get by without any issues.

Rev has been the most fun class for me since its introduction. Instantly fell in love with it during the betas and haven't really played much other than Revenant since. I'd say give it a go.

Shortbow isn't bad, but it isn't good either. In modes like PvP and WvW it's terrible, but it's alright in PvE and that's as kind as I can describe the shortbow.

As for the jack of all trades type of playstyle, it's kind of difficult to do so with revenant in non PvE modes. But what I will say is that revenant has definitely been improved. For some time, revenant has been seen as a low tier, trash profession, but ArenaNet have buffed the profession and it's now a very viable profession. Revenant is meta in PvP with the power shiro build and renegade is a viable condition/support build in PvE. Renegade has alacrity similar to chronomancer, so if you are playing fractals and you don't have a chronomancer, play support renegade.

> @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> Shortbow isn't bad, but it isn't good either. In modes like PvP and WvW it's terrible, but it's alright in PvE and that's as kind as I can describe the shortbow.

>

> As for the jack of all trades type of playstyle, it's kind of difficult to do so with revenant in non PvE modes. But what I will say is that revenant has definitely been improved. For some time, revenant has been seen as a low tier, trash profession, but ArenaNet have buffed the profession and it's now a very viable profession. Revenant is meta in PvP with the power shiro build and renegade is a viable condition/support build in PvE. Renegade has alacrity similar to chronomancer, so if you are playing fractals and you don't have a chronomancer, play support renegade.

What are some good builds right now?

> @"Ryou.2398" said:

> > @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> > Shortbow isn't bad, but it isn't good either. In modes like PvP and WvW it's terrible, but it's alright in PvE and that's as kind as I can describe the shortbow.

> >

> > As for the jack of all trades type of playstyle, it's kind of difficult to do so with revenant in non PvE modes. But what I will say is that revenant has definitely been improved. For some time, revenant has been seen as a low tier, trash profession, but ArenaNet have buffed the profession and it's now a very viable profession. Revenant is meta in PvP with the power shiro build and renegade is a viable condition/support build in PvE. Renegade has alacrity similar to chronomancer, so if you are playing fractals and you don't have a chronomancer, play support renegade.

>

> What are some good builds right now?

Like I mentioned in the post, [power Shiro](https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Herald_-_Power_Shiro "power Shiro") is the meta build for PvP. It's a build focused on outnumbering fights and bursting targets similar to thief. It is countered by condition builds like scourge and mirage due to revenant's lack of reliable condition cleanses, but as long as you have a firebrand in your team, you should be fine.

As for renegade, you can use either [renegade Shiro](https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Renegade_-_Boon_Support_Power_DPS_(Fractal) "renegade Shiro") that provides might and alacrity to teammates along with some CC or [renegade Centaur](https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Renegade_-_Boon_Support_Healer "renegade Centaur") which is similar to renegade Shiro, only it has better healing. Either one of these renegade builds have access to alacrity, so if your fractal group doesn't have a chronomancer, renegade is a solid replacement.

> @"ScottBroChill.3254" said:

> It fits better in todays meta than it did in yesterdays meta. Not much change to the revenant itself.

Oh I see, I cannot believe its still only two builds but I do love doni I really enjoyed mal is that part of the renegade build by any chance?

There's different options for builds. You can do Glint+Ventari for support/healing, Renegade+Ventari for support/healing, Ventari+Jalis for support/healing, Shiro+Jalis for DPS, Shiro+Glint for DPS, Shiro+Renegade for DPS, Renegade+Mallyx for Condi, Herald+Mallyx for Condi to name a few build options. While some builds are more efficient, that doesn't mean you can't experiment and run different combinations that are perfectly viable to mix things up. Don't be a meta slave, experiment and come up with your own fun builds with different weapons, sigils, runes, traits and stats combinations. You'll enjoy the game more. Just keep a meta set in backup for when you want to do the elitist content.

> @"Absconditus.6804" said:

> There's different options for builds. You can do Glint+Ventari for support/healing, Renegade+Ventari for support/healing, Ventari+Jalis for support/healing, Shiro+Jalis for DPS, Shiro+Glint for DPS, Shiro+Renegade for DPS, Renegade+Mallyx for Condi, Herald+Mallyx for Condi to name a few build options. While some builds are more efficient, that doesn't mean you can't experiment and run different combinations that are perfectly viable to mix things up. Don't be a meta slave, experiment and come up with your own fun builds with different weapons, sigils, runes, traits and stats combinations. You'll enjoy the game more. Just keep a meta set in backup for when you want to do the elitist content.

Well im not meta slave its just when the gap between meta and effective is the problem.

> @"Ryou.2398" said:

> Can I play it to the jack of all trades design I thought this to be yet? I heard shortbow got the shaft so I guess no renegade? Thanks all!

Renegade is a lot of fun. There is more to an Elite than the specialty weapon and plenty of folks roll with the Elite and leave its weapon behind. Overall, I find it to be a lot of fun and can do a fair amount in the right hands.

> @"Ryou.2398" said:

> > @"ScottBroChill.3254" said:

> > It fits better in todays meta than it did in yesterdays meta. Not much change to the revenant itself.

>

> Oh I see, I cannot believe its still only two builds but I do love doni I really enjoyed mal is that part of the renegade build by any chance?

The thing about build diversity you have to remember is that you aren't picking your utilities. You pick a Legend and he provides your utilities and so there are fewer moving parts when creating a new build. New builds tend to be based out of the traits selected since skill selection isn't a thing. For other professions, they can generate more builds because they can mix and match utility skills to their heart's content. Revenant isn't doing that so it will naturally have fewer build options since there are only so many good combinations of Legends you can go with.

However, lack of builds does not mean it is bad or isn't fun and there is a fair amount of wiggle room when it comes to the traits you roll with. As for Mallyx, he fits into a lot of condi Renegade builds. Just go over to metabattle and see for yourself. You'll get most of your build questions answered there.

> @"Ryou.2398" said:

> Can I play it to the jack of all trades design I thought this to be yet? I heard shortbow got the shaft so I guess no renegade? Thanks all!

Firstly, Shortbow is really good in PvE. With full viper's gear it can provide permanent slow. It also has a nice knockdown on SB#5 with a large radius. However, Shortbow is more of a complimentary weapon rather than a source of your DPS. The autoattack sucks donkey kitten. You must learn to use it as part of a larger rotation, which seems to be the case in our DPS benchmarks. Speaking of which, Renegade itself is a very powerful raid build. Renegade is 2nd top DPS benchmark in the game on large hitboxes (https://www.snowcrows.com/benchmarks/), and it can provide allies with very powerful support in the forms of Assassin's Presence boosting the team's DPS, Soulcleave Summit massively heals your team without a healing gear requirement, and even the Alacrity boon itself is a help in some situations.

Revenant is a great class with builds (both viable and meta) in all game modes. It seems to get a lot of bad feedback because there are certain aspects of the class that feel a bit unfinished, but I find the energy system to be rewarding and fun. I mostly play WvW and I don't currently run any meta builds, but still have fun with healer herald and condi herald/core rev. My favorite to run is healer herald (Glint/Ventari). It doesn't perform well as a primary support (firebrand), but is a great supplemental support with fantastic boon support and sustained and burst healing if you learn how to operate the tablet well.

> @"Ryou.2398" said:

You really shouldn't ask questions like this on the forums... You'll get a bunch of people QQ'ing because they don't know how to properly use the class, or it doesn't work the way they want it to, or whatever... And then you'll get the other camp of people saying, "Wut, rev's fine. Get gud."

You should just make one, goto the PvP Lobby where you have access to all the skills/traits, and mess around with it. Maybe even level it to 10, do the story, get your free black lion key, and then decide if it's for you or not.

> @"Ryou.2398" said:

> Thanks all I forget they have to balance around those utilities but hopefully something will change for the better soon.

Change for the better? The utilities thing is not a balance issue. It's merely a design aspect/choice. Revenant really isn't in that bad of a spot. There are aspects that need to be changed, such as Renegade needs some love to be viable in PvP. Weapon performance needs to be improved across the board so that staff stops being the Revenant workhorse that it is. Shortbow needs some love, such as a mobility move. And there need to be some synergy improvements between traits and Legends that allows for Ventari to be more viable than it currently is. Aside from that though, in terms of more builds, there isn't much that can be done to make that better other than introducing new Legends (which we would get in an expansion) or a Revenant player finding a way to make a previously unknown combination of Legends + Traits that works. If you are coming at Revenant expecting to have a lot of builds to chose from then you'll be disappointed. The best that could be done in that instance is to make your own build and attempt to come up with a combination of Legends + Traits you enjoy. But I wouldn't expect ANet to specifically change the situation since it is all the result of how Revenant is constructed and there is no way around that aside from a rewrite or a redo of the profession, which many of us would oppose as we actually like what we have.

Revenant is loads of fun. Focus less on the number of builds and more on simply enjoy the profession and the challenge of making the resources you are given work for you. However, if you are looking for Jack-of-all-Trades with lots of builds to choose from then you need to head over to Engineer or Elementalist as those two are JoT professions with a normal way of selecting utilities thus allow for greater build diversity.

Honestly, I see the lack of builds as an advantage. For people who are good at making their own builds, they're able to surprise folks who are expecting a very cookie cutter, well-known build that most folks know of right now. Revenant players that are good at making their own builds are unpredictable and most people will not be able to adjust in the time frame of a single match against what you are doing.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> > @"Ryou.2398" said:

> > Thanks all I forget they have to balance around those utilities but hopefully something will change for the better soon.

>

> Change for the better? The utilities thing is not a balance issue. It's merely a design aspect/choice. Revenant really isn't in that bad of a spot. There are aspects that need to be changed, such as Renegade needs some love to be viable in PvP. Weapon performance needs to be improved across the board so that staff stops being the Revenant workhorse that it is. Shortbow needs some love, such as a mobility move. And there need to be some synergy improvements between traits and Legends that allows for Ventari to be more viable than it currently is. Aside from that though, in terms of more builds, there isn't much that can be done to make that better other than introducing new Legends (which we would get in an expansion) or a Revenant player finding a way to make a previously unknown combination of Legends + Traits that works. If you are coming at Revenant expecting to have a lot of builds to chose from then you'll be disappointed. The best that could be done in that instance is to make your own build and attempt to come up with a combination of Legends + Traits you enjoy. But I wouldn't expect ANet to specifically change the situation since it is all the result of how Revenant is constructed and there is no way around that aside from a rewrite or a redo of the profession, which many of us would oppose as we actually like what we have.

>

> Revenant is loads of fun. Focus less on the number of builds and more on simply enjoy the profession and the challenge of making the resources you are given work for you. However, if you are looking for Jack-of-all-Trades with lots of builds to choose from then you need to head over to Engineer or Elementalist as those two are JoT professions with a normal way of selecting utilities thus allow for greater build diversity.

>

> Honestly, I see the lack of builds as an advantage. For people who are good at making their own builds, they're able to surprise folks who are expecting a very cookie cutter, well-known build that most folks know of right now. Revenant players that are good at making their own builds are unpredictable and most people will not be able to adjust in the time frame of a single match against what you are doing.

Ummm yes it does because the utilities come with the weapons and you cannot simply change them so anyone can easily see how something like that is harder to balance only a few builds is still not as good as spot as other classes. I already know the mechanics and things about rev but thanks? I do not see lack of builds as advantage seems to me your trying to make it sound better then it is for some odd reason oh well.

Players tend to get stuck in the mindset of only x, y and z works. If you want to follow the "meta", pretty much every class has 1 or 2 builds that is considered optimal. You even take the exact same weapons and utility skills as every other person playing that class and build, with a large portion of selectable utilities on other classes being considered "duds" and ineffective. That's not exclusive to Revenant, I'd even argue that our utilities overall doesn't have too many "duds" within each legend — while not perfect, they are overall pretty well designed. Let's not forget that we get access to two sets of utility skills as well, even if they are defined based on chosen stances. Also, meta or not, that doesn't mean you can't play different builds on these other classes with them being plenty effective.

E.g., when it comes to being stuck in a mindset, look at T4 Fractal LFG listings, they'll frequently ask for a Chrono + Druid. Fair enough, but a Harrier Kalla + Ventari is perfectly usable in those groups to fulfill _some_ of the desired aspects that those two classes provide, with 100% Alacrity upkeep, easily ramped up 25 Might generation, highly effective healing, one healing source increasing the damage of the entire group for a period of time, by far the best projectile block currently in the game if you ask me, which depending on content can be pretty good to have, quick and effective cleanses (you and your group can use the projectile block on the tablet to blast off conditions too), close to permanent Protection uptime, Ferocity boost to the entire group, you'll even have a decent crit chance thanks to the passive Renegade traits, and that's even though your gear is focused on Power, Healing and Boon Duration. There's obviously other perks too, great breakbar peformance, the ability to heal/support while getting people up from being downed/while performing other tasks, seeing as you can control the tablet while channeling stuff, etc.

Still, people will advertise only Druid and Chrono for the most part, like they have been since Heart of Thorns. You can even see groups literally disbanding as they lose members because they didn't fill up after a long time waiting, meanwhile you were basically there able to fill in for some parts of what was wanted with their LFG entry. Sure, there are aspects to those classes and builds that are obviously a cause for why they are sought after, stuff that they do better than a Renegade, but that doesn't mean taking a well geared Renegade healer is going to make your team suffer gravely. People are just stuck on the mindset of x, y and z comps is the only thing that works. We're talking seconds of difference in performance and clear times at best. Is the Revenant class perfect? No, but it's easily the more fun class for _me_ to play with the energy management. If it's not for you, then I'm sure at least one of the other classes in the game will be able to tickle your fancy, just be prepared to stick to 1 or 2 builds with defined weapons, skills, upgrades and consumables if you want to follow what is currently the meta. If you're interested in Revenant, just try it, play around with traits, weapon combinations, stances and gear — that's what is ultimately going to help you decide if you want to play the class or not. It's not really going to be any one of us on the forums listing pros and cons. If you find a build combination that you enjoy, but that isn't necessarily something you'd want to bring to the elitist part of the game, then set aside a separate set of gear for that type of content and swap your build accordingly, just like you would on any other class in the game.

Revenant has gotten a good bunch of QoL updates over the past year. It still needs refinement and polish, but it's definitely, if you ask me, in a better place than perhaps when you went on your break from the game.

> @"Absconditus.6804" said:

> Players tend to get stuck in the mindset of only x, y and z works. If you want to follow the "meta", pretty much every class has 1 or 2 builds that is considered optimal. You even take the exact same weapons and utility skills as every other person playing that class and build, with a large portion of selectable utilities on other classes being considered "duds" and ineffective. That's not exclusive to Revenant, I'd even argue that our utilities overall doesn't have too many "duds" within each legend — while not perfect, they are overall pretty well designed. Also, meta or not, that doesn't mean you can't play different builds on these other classes with them being plenty effective.

>

> E.g., when it comes to being stuck in a mindset, look at T4 Fractal LFG listings, they'll frequently ask for a Chrono + Druid. Fair enough, but a Harrier Kalla + Ventari is perfectly usable in those groups to fulfill _some_ of the desired aspects that those two classes provide, with 100% Alacrity upkeep, easily ramped up 25 Might generation, highly effective healing, one healing source increasing the damage of the entire group for a period of time, by far the best projectile block currently in the game if you ask me, which depending on content can be pretty good to have, quick and effective cleanses (you and your group can use the projectile block on the tablet to blast off conditions too), close to permanent Protection uptime, Ferocity boost to the entire group, you'll even have a decent crit chance thanks to the passive Renegade traits, and that's even though your gear is focused on Power, Healing and Boon Duration. There's obviously other perks too, great breakbar peformance, the ability to heal/support while getting people up from being downed/while performing other tasks, seeing as you can control the tablet while channeling stuff, etc.

>

> Still, people will advertise only Druid and Chrono for the most part, like they have been since Heart of Thorns. You can even see groups literally disbanding as they lose members because they didn't fill up after a long time waiting, meanwhile you were basically there able to fill in for some parts of what was wanted with their LFG entry. Sure, there are aspects to those classes and builds that are obviously a cause for why they are sought after, stuff that they do better than a Renegade, but that doesn't mean taking a well geared Renegade healer is going to make your team suffer gravely. People are just stuck on the mindset of x, y and z comps is the only thing that works. We're talking seconds of difference in performance and clear times at best. Is the Revenant class perfect? No, but it's easily the more fun class for _me_ to play with the energy management. If it's not for you, then I'm sure at least one of the other classes in the game will be able to tickle your fancy, just be prepared to stick to 1 or 2 builds with defined weapons, skills, upgrades and consumables. If you're interested in Revenant, just try it, play around with traits, weapon combinations, stances and gear — that's what is ultimately going to help you decide if you want to play the class or not. It's not really going to be any one of us on the forums listing pros and cons. If you find a build combination that you enjoy, but that isn't necessarily something you'd want to bring to the elitist part of the game, then set aside a separate set of gear for that type of content and swap your build accordingly, just like you would on any other class in the game.

>

> Revenant has gotten a good bunch of QoL updates over the past year. It still needs refinement and polish, but it's definitely, if you ask me, in a better place than perhaps when you went on your break from the game.

Ok I will find out for myself as I play it thanks for the chat.

> @"Ryou.2398" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Ryou.2398" said:

> > > > @"Absconditus.6804" said:

> > > > There's different options for builds. You can do Glint+Ventari for support/healing, Renegade+Ventari for support/healing, Ventari+Jalis for support/healing, Shiro+Jalis for DPS, Shiro+Glint for DPS, Shiro+Renegade for DPS, Renegade+Mallyx for Condi, Herald+Mallyx for Condi to name a few build options. While some builds are more efficient, that doesn't mean you can't experiment and run different combinations that are perfectly viable to mix things up. Don't be a meta slave, experiment and come up with your own fun builds with different weapons, sigils, runes, traits and stats combinations. You'll enjoy the game more. Just keep a meta set in backup for when you want to do the elitist content.

> > >

> > > Well im not meta slave its just when the gap between meta and effective is the problem.

> >

> > Actually, it sounds like you are a meta slave, otherwise you wouldn't be asking questions like "Can I play yet?"; only meta slaves think that way to begin with. The bottom line is that nothing prevents you from playing how you want, except you, regardless of whatever gaps exists between meta and non-meta builds. That's you're hang up.

> >

> > The current 'state' is that Renegade is highly desirable in PVE and if you are **really** capable, Revenant is no slouch in PVP either. If you have hang ups about 'lacking builds', GW2 in general isn't a game for you to begin with.

>

> Why would I care what you think after all your constant trolling? You literally came here to flame. The bottom line is when there is a gap its an issue I do not care what you think about it, if there is a gap its not my hang up its a balance issue period. If its noticeable and not as fun I wont play it thats the real bottom line and its not for you to dictate any of it.

Clearly, I'm not the only person who's opinion you don't care about considering all the advise and information you are dismissing from people trying to give you reasonable answers.

There is no issue with having a gap between non-meta and meta builds ... that doesn't even make sense to think that's a problem in the first place. That's not a balancing issue at all, it's simply reflective of the fact that there are builds that are optimal and others that are not. That's just a result of having choices to make. If it's not fun for you to play a build, that's fine, but don't pretend that it's a problem with the game. Don't mix what is fun with performance; one is subjective and the other is not.

Bottomline is that no one can tell you what is 'fun', you need to play to figure that out for yourself ... but I have the feeling you already knew that coming into this thread anyways.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> The current 'state' is that Renegade is highly desirable in PVE and if you are **really** capable, Revenant is no slouch in PVP either. If you have hang ups about 'lacking builds', GW2 in general isn't a game for you to begin with.

Honestly, you don't even need to be that good to play Rev successfully in sPvP... As long as you know to rotate properly, you can just roll around and one-trick +1 people all day long... Even in platinum.

While having insane reflexes and being able to quickly recognize animations obviously helps you (as it does for any class), rev's mostly just about making smart decisions and not going too yolo/getting put on tilt, while knowing how to cycle i-frames to kite people around, since you're the focus target in 99% of all team fights. That said, it happens to the best of us, where you just really, really, want to kill that cheese mirage, even though that's literally the last thing you should be doing. :bleep_bloop:

> @"Ryou.2398" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Ryou.2398" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Ryou.2398" said:

> > > > > > @"Absconditus.6804" said:

> > > > > > There's different options for builds. You can do Glint+Ventari for support/healing, Renegade+Ventari for support/healing, Ventari+Jalis for support/healing, Shiro+Jalis for DPS, Shiro+Glint for DPS, Shiro+Renegade for DPS, Renegade+Mallyx for Condi, Herald+Mallyx for Condi to name a few build options. While some builds are more efficient, that doesn't mean you can't experiment and run different combinations that are perfectly viable to mix things up. Don't be a meta slave, experiment and come up with your own fun builds with different weapons, sigils, runes, traits and stats combinations. You'll enjoy the game more. Just keep a meta set in backup for when you want to do the elitist content.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well im not meta slave its just when the gap between meta and effective is the problem.

> > > >

> > > > Actually, it sounds like you are a meta slave, otherwise you wouldn't be asking questions like "Can I play yet?"; only meta slaves think that way to begin with. The bottom line is that nothing prevents you from playing how you want, except you, regardless of whatever gaps exists between meta and non-meta builds. That's you're hang up.

> > > >

> > > > The current 'state' is that Renegade is highly desirable in PVE and if you are **really** capable, Revenant is no slouch in PVP either. If you have hang ups about 'lacking builds', GW2 in general isn't a game for you to begin with.

> > >

> > > Why would I care what you think after all your constant trolling? You literally came here to flame. The bottom line is when there is a gap its an issue I do not care what you think about it, if there is a gap its not my hang up its a balance issue period. If its noticeable and not as fun I wont play it thats the real bottom line and its not for you to dictate any of it.

> >

> > Clearly, I'm not the only person who's opinion you don't care about considering all the advise and information you are dismissing from people trying to give you reasonable answers.

> >

> > There is no issue with having a gap between non-meta and meta builds ... that doesn't even make sense to think that's a problem in the first place. That's not a balancing issue at all, it's simply reflective of the fact that there are builds that are optimal and others that are not. That's just a result of having choices to make. If it's not fun for you to play a build, that's fine, but don't pretend that it's a problem with the game. Don't mix what is fun with performance; one is subjective and the other is not.

> >

> > Bottomline is that no one can tell you what is 'fun', you need to play to figure that out for yourself ... but I have the feeling you already knew that coming into this thread anyways.

>

>It is a balancing issue. When your not performing in an effective way its not just subjective thats like saying its subjective that it takes u far longer to kill something that someone else defeated 3 mins ago just as an example just stop your making me laugh lol ok well from here on out I wont likely read anything else you have to say your either trolling or trying to lie about the game.

Builds that have a 'gap' from meta builds are not a balancing issue; it's a consequence of how a player chooses and uses the skills in those builds; this is obviously true because using a meta build does not mean a player will be effective and not using one doesn't mean a player won't be effective.

If someone don't perform in an effective way with a non-meta build, that's a player problem, not a balance one. Effective does not equate to optimal.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Ryou.2398" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Ryou.2398" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Ryou.2398" said:

> > > > > > > @"Absconditus.6804" said:

> > > > > > > There's different options for builds. You can do Glint+Ventari for support/healing, Renegade+Ventari for support/healing, Ventari+Jalis for support/healing, Shiro+Jalis for DPS, Shiro+Glint for DPS, Shiro+Renegade for DPS, Renegade+Mallyx for Condi, Herald+Mallyx for Condi to name a few build options. While some builds are more efficient, that doesn't mean you can't experiment and run different combinations that are perfectly viable to mix things up. Don't be a meta slave, experiment and come up with your own fun builds with different weapons, sigils, runes, traits and stats combinations. You'll enjoy the game more. Just keep a meta set in backup for when you want to do the elitist content.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well im not meta slave its just when the gap between meta and effective is the problem.

> > > > >

> > > > > Actually, it sounds like you are a meta slave, otherwise you wouldn't be asking questions like "Can I play yet?"; only meta slaves think that way to begin with. The bottom line is that nothing prevents you from playing how you want, except you, regardless of whatever gaps exists between meta and non-meta builds. That's you're hang up.

> > > > >

> > > > > The current 'state' is that Renegade is highly desirable in PVE and if you are **really** capable, Revenant is no slouch in PVP either. If you have hang ups about 'lacking builds', GW2 in general isn't a game for you to begin with.

> > > >

> > > > Why would I care what you think after all your constant trolling? You literally came here to flame. The bottom line is when there is a gap its an issue I do not care what you think about it, if there is a gap its not my hang up its a balance issue period. If its noticeable and not as fun I wont play it thats the real bottom line and its not for you to dictate any of it.

> > >

> > > Clearly, I'm not the only person who's opinion you don't care about considering all the advise and information you are dismissing from people trying to give you reasonable answers.

> > >

> > > There is no issue with having a gap between non-meta and meta builds ... that doesn't even make sense to think that's a problem in the first place. That's not a balancing issue at all, it's simply reflective of the fact that there are builds that are optimal and others that are not. That's just a result of having choices to make. If it's not fun for you to play a build, that's fine, but don't pretend that it's a problem with the game. Don't mix what is fun with performance; one is subjective and the other is not.

> > >

> > > Bottomline is that no one can tell you what is 'fun', you need to play to figure that out for yourself ... but I have the feeling you already knew that coming into this thread anyways.

> >

> >It is a balancing issue. When your not performing in an effective way its not just subjective thats like saying its subjective that it takes u far longer to kill something that someone else defeated 3 mins ago just as an example just stop your making me laugh lol ok well from here on out I wont likely read anything else you have to say your either trolling or trying to lie about the game.

>

> Builds that have a 'gap' from meta builds are not a balancing issue; it's a consequence of how a player uses them. If you can't perform in an effective way with a non-meta build, that's a player problem, not a balance one. Effective does not equate to optimal.

What? That does not make sense, I do not think you understand me or your trying to do a play on words here, I mean a gap between the meta builds and non meta builds and not a small one but a big one because the meta is so much better then the other builds themselves at max performance, this is not the case with every class or meta build either nor did I claim that the rev has this issue I said if it is there then I have no interest in it and it has been known to happen in this game when I played before but I do not know as I have yet to test them geeeesh! Ridiculous your even arguing this with me.