Mirage - This isn't normal.

eletrikid.1268

> @"eletrikid.1268" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > I'm all for toning down the condi app on mirage but then I read something like this

> > > @"eletrikid.1268" said:

> > > cleaning 8+ conditions everytime

> >

> > and I ask myself Am I really doing the right option here?

> >

> > Also find it funny that you asked him for a duel with a different profession lul.

>

> You don't need to ask for a nerf, there's a miriad of posts that do that.

> And yeah, I did that cause he could be good for all that I know, I could see that on another class or a power mesmer/mirage but not on the condi mesmer. If he is good, great, more training for me.

But I, as many other mesmers, ask for nerfs, but on the right stuff.

And why can't you see if a condi mesmer is good or not? I can tell pretty easily when I face them.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > @"eletrikid.1268" said:

> > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > I'm all for toning down the condi app on mirage but then I read something like this

> > > > @"eletrikid.1268" said:

> > > > cleaning 8+ conditions everytime

> > >

> > > and I ask myself Am I really doing the right option here?

> > >

> > > Also find it funny that you asked him for a duel with a different profession lul.

> >

> > You don't need to ask for a nerf, there's a miriad of posts that do that.

> > And yeah, I did that cause he could be good for all that I know, I could see that on another class or a power mesmer/mirage but not on the condi mesmer. If he is good, great, more training for me.

>

> But I, as many other mesmers, ask for nerfs, but on the right stuff.

>

> And why can't you see if a condi mesmer is good or not? I can tell pretty easily when I face them.

I don't want to be gutted too, mesmer is high risk, high reward, should mantain that aspect.

I can't see if it's good cause the condi mirage don't need much to be efective, in result I can't see if it's a good player.

You can? So what are the defining point? Want to learn it so I can tell them apart.

> > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > I'm all for toning down the condi app on mirage but then I read something like this

> > > > > @"eletrikid.1268" said:

> > > > > cleaning 8+ conditions everytime

> > > >

> > > > and I ask myself Am I really doing the right option here?

> > > >

> > > > Also find it funny that you asked him for a duel with a different profession lul.

> > >

> > > You don't need to ask for a nerf, there's a miriad of posts that do that.

> > > And yeah, I did that cause he could be good for all that I know, I could see that on another class or a power mesmer/mirage but not on the condi mesmer. If he is good, great, more training for me.

> >

> > But I, as many other mesmers, ask for nerfs, but on the right stuff.

> >

> > And why can't you see if a condi mesmer is good or not? I can tell pretty easily when I face them.

>

> I don't want to be gutted too, mesmer is high risk, high reward, should mantain that aspect.

> I can't see if it's good cause the condi mirage don't need much to be efective, in result I can't see if it's a good player.

> You can? So what are the defining point? Want to learn it so I can tell them apart.

Some clues - they'll blow up all shatters on a burst, they'll spam their defenses in a quick sucession leaving them in open to attacks on a short time, clone overwritting, predictableness, happy triggerness, enter prestige and attack as soon as you enter stealth, even tho you get no benefit from it whatsoever.

Extra tip, watch jawgeous playing condi mirage, he's pretty awful.

> > > > I'm all for toning down the condi app on mirage but then I read something like this

> > > > > cleaning 8+ conditions everytime

> > > >

> > > > and I ask myself Am I really doing the right option here?

> > > >

> > > > Also find it funny that you asked him for a duel with a different profession lul.

> > >

> > > You don't need to ask for a nerf, there's a miriad of posts that do that.

> > > And yeah, I did that cause he could be good for all that I know, I could see that on another class or a power mesmer/mirage but not on the condi mesmer. If he is good, great, more training for me.

> >

> > But I, as many other mesmers, ask for nerfs, but on the right stuff.

> >

> > And why can't you see if a condi mesmer is good or not? I can tell pretty easily when I face them.

>

> I don't want to be gutted too, mesmer is high risk, high reward, should mantain that aspect.

> I can't see if it's good cause the condi mirage don't need much to be efective, in result I can't see if it's a good player.

> You can? So what are the defining point? Want to learn it so I can tell them apart.

if you are the one asking for a more 'fair' duel, why do you expect the other to swap build? i had similar situation alot on my deadeye that people i killed asked me to duel them on 'something else' or sometimes they even told me what build i am supposedly to fight them with. if i refused to do so, they usally spamm how god awful a player i must be and that i couldnt play anything else. but they are the ones in 'need' to make a point with that 'fair' fight. i usually offer them a 'fair' fight in that i would fight them, if they swap to my build. i would even provide them with my build if needed. but then the refuse with 'no i am not playing that cheese, but i still would beat you'. empty words by some that tries to win a lost fight in chat wars.

even tho the player being average or good doesnt change the outcome of each encounter you can still see a difference. very bad players will die with any build rather quickly.

> > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > I'm all for toning down the condi app on mirage but then I read something like this

> > > > > > @"eletrikid.1268" said:

> > > > > > cleaning 8+ conditions everytime

> > > > >

> > > > > and I ask myself Am I really doing the right option here?

> > > > >

> > > > > Also find it funny that you asked him for a duel with a different profession lul.

> > > >

> > > > You don't need to ask for a nerf, there's a miriad of posts that do that.

> > > > And yeah, I did that cause he could be good for all that I know, I could see that on another class or a power mesmer/mirage but not on the condi mesmer. If he is good, great, more training for me.

> > >

> > > But I, as many other mesmers, ask for nerfs, but on the right stuff.

> > >

> > > And why can't you see if a condi mesmer is good or not? I can tell pretty easily when I face them.

> >

> > I don't want to be gutted too, mesmer is high risk, high reward, should mantain that aspect.

> > I can't see if it's good cause the condi mirage don't need much to be efective, in result I can't see if it's a good player.

> > You can? So what are the defining point? Want to learn it so I can tell them apart.

>

> Some clues - they'll blow up all shatters on a burst, they'll spam their defenses in a quick sucession leaving them in open to attacks on a short time, clone overwritting, predictableness, happy triggerness, enter prestige and attack as soon as you enter stealth, even tho you get no benefit from it whatsoever.

> Extra tip, watch jawgeous playing condi mirage, he's pretty awful.

I saw it, saw the rant, agreed on some points, didn't agreed on another.

> > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > I'm all for toning down the condi app on mirage but then I read something like this

> > > > > > > @"eletrikid.1268" said:

> > > > > > > cleaning 8+ conditions everytime

> > > > > >

> > > > > > and I ask myself Am I really doing the right option here?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also find it funny that you asked him for a duel with a different profession lul.

> > > > >

> > > > > You don't need to ask for a nerf, there's a miriad of posts that do that.

> > > > > And yeah, I did that cause he could be good for all that I know, I could see that on another class or a power mesmer/mirage but not on the condi mesmer. If he is good, great, more training for me.

> > > >

> > > > But I, as many other mesmers, ask for nerfs, but on the right stuff.

> > > >

> > > > And why can't you see if a condi mesmer is good or not? I can tell pretty easily when I face them.

> > >

> > > I don't want to be gutted too, mesmer is high risk, high reward, should mantain that aspect.

> > > I can't see if it's good cause the condi mirage don't need much to be efective, in result I can't see if it's a good player.

> > > You can? So what are the defining point? Want to learn it so I can tell them apart.

> >

> > Some clues - they'll blow up all shatters on a burst, they'll spam their defenses in a quick sucession leaving them in open to attacks on a short time, clone overwritting, predictableness, happy triggerness, enter prestige and attack as soon as you enter stealth, even tho you get no benefit from it whatsoever.

> > Extra tip, watch jawgeous playing condi mirage, he's pretty awful.

>

> I saw it, saw the rant, agreed on some points, didn't agreed on another.

Wasn't talking about the rant. Check some of his gameplay to get an idea of how a bad mirage plays.

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > I'm all for toning down the condi app on mirage but then I read something like this

> > > > > > cleaning 8+ conditions everytime

> > > > >

> > > > > and I ask myself Am I really doing the right option here?

> > > > >

> > > > > Also find it funny that you asked him for a duel with a different profession lul.

> > > >

> > > > You don't need to ask for a nerf, there's a miriad of posts that do that.

> > > > And yeah, I did that cause he could be good for all that I know, I could see that on another class or a power mesmer/mirage but not on the condi mesmer. If he is good, great, more training for me.

> > >

> > > But I, as many other mesmers, ask for nerfs, but on the right stuff.

> > >

> > > And why can't you see if a condi mesmer is good or not? I can tell pretty easily when I face them.

> >

> > I don't want to be gutted too, mesmer is high risk, high reward, should mantain that aspect.

> > I can't see if it's good cause the condi mirage don't need much to be efective, in result I can't see if it's a good player.

> > You can? So what are the defining point? Want to learn it so I can tell them apart.

>

> if you are the one asking for a more 'fair' duel, why do you expect the other to swap build? i had similar situation alot on my deadeye that people i killed asked me to duel them on 'something else' or sometimes they even told me what build i am supposedly to fight them with. if i refused to do so, they usally spamm how god awful a player i must be and that i couldnt play anything else. but they are the ones in 'need' to make a point with that 'fair' fight. i usually offer them a 'fair' fight in that i would fight them, if they swap to my build. i would even provide them with my build if needed. but then the refuse with 'no i am not playing that cheese, but i still would beat you'. empty words by some that tries to win a lost fight in chat wars.

> even tho the player being average or good doesnt change the outcome of each encounter you can still see a difference. very bad players will die with any build rather quickly.

Cause is simply not fun and unfair in some situations. Not throwing shade or anything but I don't duel ghilie deadeyes or condi mirages cause isn't fun or something to improve. Not saying they aren't skilled so there's that factor.

For example, taking spellbreaker as a reference, I like them, if you play good, you are rewarded, if you misplay, you got yourself killed. If fun, stressful but fun.

> > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > I'm all for toning down the condi app on mirage but then I read something like this

> > > > > > > > @"eletrikid.1268" said:

> > > > > > > > cleaning 8+ conditions everytime

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > and I ask myself Am I really doing the right option here?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Also find it funny that you asked him for a duel with a different profession lul.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You don't need to ask for a nerf, there's a miriad of posts that do that.

> > > > > > And yeah, I did that cause he could be good for all that I know, I could see that on another class or a power mesmer/mirage but not on the condi mesmer. If he is good, great, more training for me.

> > > > >

> > > > > But I, as many other mesmers, ask for nerfs, but on the right stuff.

> > > > >

> > > > > And why can't you see if a condi mesmer is good or not? I can tell pretty easily when I face them.

> > > >

> > > > I don't want to be gutted too, mesmer is high risk, high reward, should mantain that aspect.

> > > > I can't see if it's good cause the condi mirage don't need much to be efective, in result I can't see if it's a good player.

> > > > You can? So what are the defining point? Want to learn it so I can tell them apart.

> > >

> > > Some clues - they'll blow up all shatters on a burst, they'll spam their defenses in a quick sucession leaving them in open to attacks on a short time, clone overwritting, predictableness, happy triggerness, enter prestige and attack as soon as you enter stealth, even tho you get no benefit from it whatsoever.

> > > Extra tip, watch jawgeous playing condi mirage, he's pretty awful.

> >

> > I saw it, saw the rant, agreed on some points, didn't agreed on another.

>

> Wasn't talking about the rant. Check some of his gameplay to get an idea of how a bad mirage plays.

Saw the gameplay vs a thief where he just plays defensive, you're talking about that?

> > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > I'm all for toning down the condi app on mirage but then I read something like this

> > > > > > > > > @"eletrikid.1268" said:

> > > > > > > > > cleaning 8+ conditions everytime

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > and I ask myself Am I really doing the right option here?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Also find it funny that you asked him for a duel with a different profession lul.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You don't need to ask for a nerf, there's a miriad of posts that do that.

> > > > > > > And yeah, I did that cause he could be good for all that I know, I could see that on another class or a power mesmer/mirage but not on the condi mesmer. If he is good, great, more training for me.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But I, as many other mesmers, ask for nerfs, but on the right stuff.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And why can't you see if a condi mesmer is good or not? I can tell pretty easily when I face them.

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't want to be gutted too, mesmer is high risk, high reward, should mantain that aspect.

> > > > > I can't see if it's good cause the condi mirage don't need much to be efective, in result I can't see if it's a good player.

> > > > > You can? So what are the defining point? Want to learn it so I can tell them apart.

> > > >

> > > > Some clues - they'll blow up all shatters on a burst, they'll spam their defenses in a quick sucession leaving them in open to attacks on a short time, clone overwritting, predictableness, happy triggerness, enter prestige and attack as soon as you enter stealth, even tho you get no benefit from it whatsoever.

> > > > Extra tip, watch jawgeous playing condi mirage, he's pretty awful.

> > >

> > > I saw it, saw the rant, agreed on some points, didn't agreed on another.

> >

> > Wasn't talking about the rant. Check some of his gameplay to get an idea of how a bad mirage plays.

>

> Saw the gameplay vs a thief where he just plays defensive, you're talking about that?

Yes, that one.

Plenty of mistakes.

> > > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > > I'm all for toning down the condi app on mirage but then I read something like this

> > > > > > > > > > @"eletrikid.1268" said:

> > > > > > > > > > cleaning 8+ conditions everytime

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > and I ask myself Am I really doing the right option here?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Also find it funny that you asked him for a duel with a different profession lul.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You don't need to ask for a nerf, there's a miriad of posts that do that.

> > > > > > > > And yeah, I did that cause he could be good for all that I know, I could see that on another class or a power mesmer/mirage but not on the condi mesmer. If he is good, great, more training for me.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But I, as many other mesmers, ask for nerfs, but on the right stuff.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And why can't you see if a condi mesmer is good or not? I can tell pretty easily when I face them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I don't want to be gutted too, mesmer is high risk, high reward, should mantain that aspect.

> > > > > > I can't see if it's good cause the condi mirage don't need much to be efective, in result I can't see if it's a good player.

> > > > > > You can? So what are the defining point? Want to learn it so I can tell them apart.

> > > > >

> > > > > Some clues - they'll blow up all shatters on a burst, they'll spam their defenses in a quick sucession leaving them in open to attacks on a short time, clone overwritting, predictableness, happy triggerness, enter prestige and attack as soon as you enter stealth, even tho you get no benefit from it whatsoever.

> > > > > Extra tip, watch jawgeous playing condi mirage, he's pretty awful.

> > > >

> > > > I saw it, saw the rant, agreed on some points, didn't agreed on another.

> > >

> > > Wasn't talking about the rant. Check some of his gameplay to get an idea of how a bad mirage plays.

> >

> > Saw the gameplay vs a thief where he just plays defensive, you're talking about that?

>

> Yes, that one.

> Plenty of mistakes.

I saw it then, his response was pretty weak cause in his rant he talks about damage, gameplaywise he showcase survivability.

Still, I think the point of the video was exactly that, showcase the survival options vs a class that should counter him. Although he plays horrible in that I do have to agree that he have a point in that, unfortunately the execution seems poor and not well thought.

> > > > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I'm all for toning down the condi app on mirage but then I read something like this

> > > > > > > > > > > @"eletrikid.1268" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > cleaning 8+ conditions everytime

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > and I ask myself Am I really doing the right option here?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Also find it funny that you asked him for a duel with a different profession lul.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You don't need to ask for a nerf, there's a miriad of posts that do that.

> > > > > > > > > And yeah, I did that cause he could be good for all that I know, I could see that on another class or a power mesmer/mirage but not on the condi mesmer. If he is good, great, more training for me.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But I, as many other mesmers, ask for nerfs, but on the right stuff.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And why can't you see if a condi mesmer is good or not? I can tell pretty easily when I face them.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I don't want to be gutted too, mesmer is high risk, high reward, should mantain that aspect.

> > > > > > > I can't see if it's good cause the condi mirage don't need much to be efective, in result I can't see if it's a good player.

> > > > > > > You can? So what are the defining point? Want to learn it so I can tell them apart.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Some clues - they'll blow up all shatters on a burst, they'll spam their defenses in a quick sucession leaving them in open to attacks on a short time, clone overwritting, predictableness, happy triggerness, enter prestige and attack as soon as you enter stealth, even tho you get no benefit from it whatsoever.

> > > > > > Extra tip, watch jawgeous playing condi mirage, he's pretty awful.

> > > > >

> > > > > I saw it, saw the rant, agreed on some points, didn't agreed on another.

> > > >

> > > > Wasn't talking about the rant. Check some of his gameplay to get an idea of how a bad mirage plays.

> > >

> > > Saw the gameplay vs a thief where he just plays defensive, you're talking about that?

> >

> > Yes, that one.

> > Plenty of mistakes.

>

> I saw it then, his response was pretty weak cause in his rant he talks about damage, gameplaywise he showcase survivability.

> Still, I think the point of the video was exactly that, showcase the survival options vs a class that should counter him. Although he plays horrible in that I do have to agree that he have a point in that, unfortunately the execution seems poor and not well thought.

Except Jawgeous was playing a very high sustain build and he lost the point where it also got full capped. His level of play was downright atrocious, just as bad as his nonsensical rant video.

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I'm all for toning down the condi app on mirage but then I read something like this

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"eletrikid.1268" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > cleaning 8+ conditions everytime

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > and I ask myself Am I really doing the right option here?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Also find it funny that you asked him for a duel with a different profession lul.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You don't need to ask for a nerf, there's a miriad of posts that do that.

> > > > > > > > > > And yeah, I did that cause he could be good for all that I know, I could see that on another class or a power mesmer/mirage but not on the condi mesmer. If he is good, great, more training for me.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > But I, as many other mesmers, ask for nerfs, but on the right stuff.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > And why can't you see if a condi mesmer is good or not? I can tell pretty easily when I face them.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I don't want to be gutted too, mesmer is high risk, high reward, should mantain that aspect.

> > > > > > > > I can't see if it's good cause the condi mirage don't need much to be efective, in result I can't see if it's a good player.

> > > > > > > > You can? So what are the defining point? Want to learn it so I can tell them apart.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Some clues - they'll blow up all shatters on a burst, they'll spam their defenses in a quick sucession leaving them in open to attacks on a short time, clone overwritting, predictableness, happy triggerness, enter prestige and attack as soon as you enter stealth, even tho you get no benefit from it whatsoever.

> > > > > > > Extra tip, watch jawgeous playing condi mirage, he's pretty awful.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I saw it, saw the rant, agreed on some points, didn't agreed on another.

> > > > >

> > > > > Wasn't talking about the rant. Check some of his gameplay to get an idea of how a bad mirage plays.

> > > >

> > > > Saw the gameplay vs a thief where he just plays defensive, you're talking about that?

> > >

> > > Yes, that one.

> > > Plenty of mistakes.

> >

> > I saw it then, his response was pretty weak cause in his rant he talks about damage, gameplaywise he showcase survivability.

> > Still, I think the point of the video was exactly that, showcase the survival options vs a class that should counter him. Although he plays horrible in that I do have to agree that he have a point in that, unfortunately the execution seems poor and not well thought.

>

> Except Jawgeous was playing a very high sustain build and he lost the point where it also got full capped. His level of play was downright atrocious, just as bad as his nonsensical rant video.

I do agree in the plays he made, he didn't did anything noteworthy in sustaining the point, he just did in sustaining itself. And build wise, didn't saw if he changed the build he was complaining so I can't speak on that regard, maybe he did and that's a point against him. What i know is, even with plenty of mistakes of his part, he still survived a lot and applied enough pressure for the thief to play a lot more cautious. That being said, I got no real bias for the class, my bias is about people playing it. Nothing more, nothing less.

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> Were all of them condi? I find condi ones are the fastest to cower when they can't win and first to spam toxic behavior. One reason I love my non-meta DPS mirage build...they don't get many opportunities to BM when fighting me lol.

>

> I find a lot of Condi daredevils and Ghost DE's are similar as well. Apparently mega ezmode cheese means you are superior?

>

> I dunno. I duel everyone on any build...cept those ghost DE's that refuse to stay in a fight

>

>

I mean, I figure the desire for easy ego-boosting wins would go hand-in-hand with childish behavior.

When these people have a simplistic look at PvP performance by just looking at K/D and the outcome of their actions rather than looking into the matchup and reviewing a fight they won or lost, it's naturally going to follow that these players will quickly reach their limits, and thus depend on the lowest-risk/highest-reward builds they can find in order to keep winning. Condi is low-risk high-reward by design (tanky with damage), so many default to it.

Which is also why these players when they talk shit refuse to mirror match 99% of the time. They know they'll get beaten up and they're afraid of looking like a fool because it's all ego.

Granted, a single 1v1 isn't going to cut it to measure skill. It should take a lot of matches to determine who's better at something, especially with the thief thanks to stuff like Improv randomly resetting major skills which can massively influence how a fight goes.

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"eletrikid.1268" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > I'm all for toning down the condi app on mirage but then I read something like this

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"eletrikid.1268" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > cleaning 8+ conditions everytime

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > and I ask myself Am I really doing the right option here?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Also find it funny that you asked him for a duel with a different profession lul.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > You don't need to ask for a nerf, there's a miriad of posts that do that.

> > > > > > > > > > > And yeah, I did that cause he could be good for all that I know, I could see that on another class or a power mesmer/mirage but not on the condi mesmer. If he is good, great, more training for me.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > But I, as many other mesmers, ask for nerfs, but on the right stuff.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > And why can't you see if a condi mesmer is good or not? I can tell pretty easily when I face them.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I don't want to be gutted too, mesmer is high risk, high reward, should mantain that aspect.

> > > > > > > > > I can't see if it's good cause the condi mirage don't need much to be efective, in result I can't see if it's a good player.

> > > > > > > > > You can? So what are the defining point? Want to learn it so I can tell them apart.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Some clues - they'll blow up all shatters on a burst, they'll spam their defenses in a quick sucession leaving them in open to attacks on a short time, clone overwritting, predictableness, happy triggerness, enter prestige and attack as soon as you enter stealth, even tho you get no benefit from it whatsoever.

> > > > > > > > Extra tip, watch jawgeous playing condi mirage, he's pretty awful.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I saw it, saw the rant, agreed on some points, didn't agreed on another.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Wasn't talking about the rant. Check some of his gameplay to get an idea of how a bad mirage plays.

> > > > >

> > > > > Saw the gameplay vs a thief where he just plays defensive, you're talking about that?

> > > >

> > > > Yes, that one.

> > > > Plenty of mistakes.

> > >

> > > I saw it then, his response was pretty weak cause in his rant he talks about damage, gameplaywise he showcase survivability.

> > > Still, I think the point of the video was exactly that, showcase the survival options vs a class that should counter him. Although he plays horrible in that I do have to agree that he have a point in that, unfortunately the execution seems poor and not well thought.

> >

> > Except Jawgeous was playing a very high sustain build and he lost the point where it also got full capped. His level of play was downright atrocious, just as bad as his nonsensical rant video.

>

> I do agree in the plays he made, he didn't did anything noteworthy in sustaining the point, he just did in sustaining itself. And build wise, didn't saw if he changed the build he was complaining so I can't speak on that regard, maybe he did and that's a point against him. What i know is, even with plenty of mistakes of his part, he still survived a lot and applied enough pressure for the thief to play a lot more cautious. That being said, I got no real bias for the class, my bias is about people playing it. Nothing more, nothing less.

He ranted about a build that isn't even meta, sw/p, axe/torch running blinding dissipation and ineptitude.

He played meta chaos mirage.

What needs to be nerfed on mirage is either condi burst or condi sustain, it seems ANet wants condi sustain to stay.

ANet according to their own words and I quote "We want mirages to excel in longer combat engagements."

> > > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"eletrikid.1268" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I'm all for toning down the condi app on mirage but then I read something like this

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"eletrikid.1268" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > cleaning 8+ conditions everytime

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > and I ask myself Am I really doing the right option here?

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Also find it funny that you asked him for a duel with a different profession lul.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > You don't need to ask for a nerf, there's a miriad of posts that do that.

> > > > > > > > > > > > And yeah, I did that cause he could be good for all that I know, I could see that on another class or a power mesmer/mirage but not on the condi mesmer. If he is good, great, more training for me.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > But I, as many other mesmers, ask for nerfs, but on the right stuff.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > And why can't you see if a condi mesmer is good or not? I can tell pretty easily when I face them.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I don't want to be gutted too, mesmer is high risk, high reward, should mantain that aspect.

> > > > > > > > > > I can't see if it's good cause the condi mirage don't need much to be efective, in result I can't see if it's a good player.

> > > > > > > > > > You can? So what are the defining point? Want to learn it so I can tell them apart.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Some clues - they'll blow up all shatters on a burst, they'll spam their defenses in a quick sucession leaving them in open to attacks on a short time, clone overwritting, predictableness, happy triggerness, enter prestige and attack as soon as you enter stealth, even tho you get no benefit from it whatsoever.

> > > > > > > > > Extra tip, watch jawgeous playing condi mirage, he's pretty awful.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I saw it, saw the rant, agreed on some points, didn't agreed on another.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Wasn't talking about the rant. Check some of his gameplay to get an idea of how a bad mirage plays.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Saw the gameplay vs a thief where he just plays defensive, you're talking about that?

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes, that one.

> > > > > Plenty of mistakes.

> > > >

> > > > I saw it then, his response was pretty weak cause in his rant he talks about damage, gameplaywise he showcase survivability.

> > > > Still, I think the point of the video was exactly that, showcase the survival options vs a class that should counter him. Although he plays horrible in that I do have to agree that he have a point in that, unfortunately the execution seems poor and not well thought.

> > >

> > > Except Jawgeous was playing a very high sustain build and he lost the point where it also got full capped. His level of play was downright atrocious, just as bad as his nonsensical rant video.

> >

> > I do agree in the plays he made, he didn't did anything noteworthy in sustaining the point, he just did in sustaining itself. And build wise, didn't saw if he changed the build he was complaining so I can't speak on that regard, maybe he did and that's a point against him. What i know is, even with plenty of mistakes of his part, he still survived a lot and applied enough pressure for the thief to play a lot more cautious. That being said, I got no real bias for the class, my bias is about people playing it. Nothing more, nothing less.

>

> He ranted about a build that isn't even meta, sw/p, axe/torch running blinding dissipation and ineptitude.

> He played meta chaos mirage.

>

> What needs to be nerfed on mirage is either condi burst or condi sustain, it seems ANet wants condi sustain to stay.

> ANet according to their own words and I quote "We want mirages to excel in longer combat engagements."

So is a point vs him in that regard.

I'm ok in nerfing his condi sustain thou, like i said, just clones applying enough condi presure for you to cleanse isn't a healthy, in my prespective is more healthy for you to dodge a condi burst, demands more for you and your opponent, add a counterplay.

> Were all of them condi? I find condi ones are the fastest to cower when they can't win and first to spam toxic behavior. One reason I love my non-meta DPS mirage build...they don't get many opportunities to BM when fighting me lol.

>

> I find a lot of Condi daredevils and Ghost DE's are similar as well. Apparently mega ezmode cheese means you are superior?

>

> I dunno. I duel everyone on any build...**cept those ghost DE's that refuse to stay in a fight**

>

If the previous nerf to DD and core wouldn't happened, DE wouldn't be that place right now.. at least not so many... i play gDE in WvW cus is the only spec capable of "kill something".. cus you now.. magi necros with 3453345364hp + 234235235barrier.. Soul Beast with LB 4 + 2 /laugh.. or cancirage that also have a lot o clones wich are AI and keep hitting you even when stealthed..

Do 1vs1 to a warrior with a thief without using staff+D/p kinda hard, heavy armored lot of heals and that beauty full counter that it's gonna pew your thief like a boss if you made a mistake...

You can't do mistakes as a thief or you gonna die in a second.. i'm using DD staff in PvP cus i don't like ghost DE.. but sometimes it's the only wait to "do something".. either in WvW.. where if you don't get ganked, you get owned by your adversaries or your own mistakes...

So yes, we do choose to take ghostDE in WvW cus the sun raises for everyone.

> @"Paradox.2018" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > Were all of them condi? I find condi ones are the fastest to cower when they can't win and first to spam toxic behavior. One reason I love my non-meta DPS mirage build...they don't get many opportunities to BM when fighting me lol.

> >

> > I find a lot of Condi daredevils and Ghost DE's are similar as well. Apparently mega ezmode cheese means you are superior?

> >

> > I dunno. I duel everyone on any build...**cept those ghost DE's that refuse to stay in a fight**

> >

>

> If the previous nerf to DD and core wouldn't happened, DE wouldn't be that place right now.. at least not so many... i play gDE in WvW cus is the only spec capable of "kill something".. cus you now.. magi necros with 3453345364hp + 234235235barrier.. Soul Beast with LB 4 + 2 /laugh.. or cancirage that also have a lot o clones wich are AI and keep hitting you even when stealthed..

>

> Do 1vs1 to a warrior with a thief without using staff+D/p kinda hard, heavy armored lot of heals and that beauty full counter that it's gonna pew your thief like a boss if you made a mistake...

>

> You can't do mistakes as a thief or you gonna die in a second.. i'm using DD staff in PvP cus i don't like ghost DE.. but sometimes it's the only wait to "do something".. either in WvW.. where if you don't get ganked, you get owned by your adversaries or your own mistakes...

>

> So yes, we do choose to take ghostDE in WvW cus the sun raises for everyone.

Yeah, the nerfs to core and daredevil thiefs were rough. :/

I find sword/dagger effective vs core warrior and spellbreaker, if you kite and don't let them proc adrenal health, you're good to fight them.

> @"Paradox.2018" said:

> > Were all of them condi? I find condi ones are the fastest to cower when they can't win and first to spam toxic behavior. One reason I love my non-meta DPS mirage build...they don't get many opportunities to BM when fighting me lol.

> >

> > I find a lot of Condi daredevils and Ghost DE's are similar as well. Apparently mega ezmode cheese means you are superior?

> >

> > I dunno. I duel everyone on any build...**cept those ghost DE's that refuse to stay in a fight**

> >

>

> If the previous nerf to DD and core wouldn't happened, DE wouldn't be that place right now.. at least not so many... i play gDE in WvW cus is the only spec capable of "kill something".. cus you now.. magi necros with 3453345364hp + 234235235barrier.. Soul Beast with LB 4 + 2 /laugh.. or cancirage that also have a lot o clones wich are AI and keep hitting you even when stealthed..

>

> Do 1vs1 to a warrior with a thief without using staff+D/p kinda hard, heavy armored lot of heals and that beauty full counter that it's gonna pew your thief like a boss if you made a mistake...

>

> You can't do mistakes as a thief or you gonna die in a second.. i'm using DD staff in PvP cus i don't like ghost DE.. but sometimes it's the only wait to "do something".. either in WvW.. where if you don't get ganked, you get owned by your adversaries or your own mistakes...

>

> So yes, we do choose to take ghostDE in WvW cus the sun raises for everyone.

Oh I know all about thief in WvW...Mained it for 2-3 years before I picked up mirage (D/P + P/P build...non meta ofc). DrD still hurts and still has that burst potential. If one +1's a fight, it gets very damagy lol

> > @"Paradox.2018" said:

> > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > Were all of them condi? I find condi ones are the fastest to cower when they can't win and first to spam toxic behavior. One reason I love my non-meta DPS mirage build...they don't get many opportunities to BM when fighting me lol.

> > >

> > > I find a lot of Condi daredevils and Ghost DE's are similar as well. Apparently mega ezmode cheese means you are superior?

> > >

> > > I dunno. I duel everyone on any build...**cept those ghost DE's that refuse to stay in a fight**

> > >

> >

> > If the previous nerf to DD and core wouldn't happened, DE wouldn't be that place right now.. at least not so many... i play gDE in WvW cus is the only spec capable of "kill something".. cus you now.. magi necros with 3453345364hp + 234235235barrier.. Soul Beast with LB 4 + 2 /laugh.. or cancirage that also have a lot o clones wich are AI and keep hitting you even when stealthed..

> >

> > Do 1vs1 to a warrior with a thief without using staff+D/p kinda hard, heavy armored lot of heals and that beauty full counter that it's gonna pew your thief like a boss if you made a mistake...

> >

> > You can't do mistakes as a thief or you gonna die in a second.. i'm using DD staff in PvP cus i don't like ghost DE.. but sometimes it's the only wait to "do something".. either in WvW.. where if you don't get ganked, you get owned by your adversaries or your own mistakes...

> >

> > So yes, we do choose to take ghostDE in WvW cus the sun raises for everyone.

>

> Oh I know all about thief in WvW...Mained it for 2-3 years before I picked up mirage (D/P + P/P build...non meta ofc). DrD still hurts and still has that burst potential. If one +1's a fight, it gets very damagy lol

I went from thief to druid a couple weeks ago, I like sustaining builds so weaver, druid, holosmith and meditation dragonhunter, not using traps cause isn't fun for me to stay in one spot

> > > @"Paradox.2018" said:

> > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > Were all of them condi? I find condi ones are the fastest to cower when they can't win and first to spam toxic behavior. One reason I love my non-meta DPS mirage build...they don't get many opportunities to BM when fighting me lol.

> > > >

> > > > I find a lot of Condi daredevils and Ghost DE's are similar as well. Apparently mega ezmode cheese means you are superior?

> > > >

> > > > I dunno. I duel everyone on any build...**cept those ghost DE's that refuse to stay in a fight**

> > > >

> > >

> > > If the previous nerf to DD and core wouldn't happened, DE wouldn't be that place right now.. at least not so many... i play gDE in WvW cus is the only spec capable of "kill something".. cus you now.. magi necros with 3453345364hp + 234235235barrier.. Soul Beast with LB 4 + 2 /laugh.. or cancirage that also have a lot o clones wich are AI and keep hitting you even when stealthed..

> > >

> > > Do 1vs1 to a warrior with a thief without using staff+D/p kinda hard, heavy armored lot of heals and that beauty full counter that it's gonna pew your thief like a boss if you made a mistake...

> > >

> > > You can't do mistakes as a thief or you gonna die in a second.. i'm using DD staff in PvP cus i don't like ghost DE.. but sometimes it's the only wait to "do something".. either in WvW.. where if you don't get ganked, you get owned by your adversaries or your own mistakes...

> > >

> > > So yes, we do choose to take ghostDE in WvW cus the sun raises for everyone.

> >

> > Oh I know all about thief in WvW...Mained it for 2-3 years before I picked up mirage (D/P + P/P build...non meta ofc). DrD still hurts and still has that burst potential. If one +1's a fight, it gets very damagy lol

>

> I went from thief to druid a couple weeks ago, I like sustaining builds so weaver, druid, holosmith and meditation dragonhunter, not using traps cause isn't fun for me to stay in one spot

I went from Ranger, Warrior, condo engi (pre HoT) to Scrapper, Druid and DrD, then Mirage myself. Hard to find a class that plays to my liking lol. Had a couple solid builds (holo for example) however the ol nerf bad was swung.

> > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > @"Paradox.2018" said:

> > > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > Were all of them condi? I find condi ones are the fastest to cower when they can't win and first to spam toxic behavior. One reason I love my non-meta DPS mirage build...they don't get many opportunities to BM when fighting me lol.

> > > > >

> > > > > I find a lot of Condi daredevils and Ghost DE's are similar as well. Apparently mega ezmode cheese means you are superior?

> > > > >

> > > > > I dunno. I duel everyone on any build...**cept those ghost DE's that refuse to stay in a fight**

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > If the previous nerf to DD and core wouldn't happened, DE wouldn't be that place right now.. at least not so many... i play gDE in WvW cus is the only spec capable of "kill something".. cus you now.. magi necros with 3453345364hp + 234235235barrier.. Soul Beast with LB 4 + 2 /laugh.. or cancirage that also have a lot o clones wich are AI and keep hitting you even when stealthed..

> > > >

> > > > Do 1vs1 to a warrior with a thief without using staff+D/p kinda hard, heavy armored lot of heals and that beauty full counter that it's gonna pew your thief like a boss if you made a mistake...

> > > >

> > > > You can't do mistakes as a thief or you gonna die in a second.. i'm using DD staff in PvP cus i don't like ghost DE.. but sometimes it's the only wait to "do something".. either in WvW.. where if you don't get ganked, you get owned by your adversaries or your own mistakes...

> > > >

> > > > So yes, we do choose to take ghostDE in WvW cus the sun raises for everyone.

> > >

> > > Oh I know all about thief in WvW...Mained it for 2-3 years before I picked up mirage (D/P + P/P build...non meta ofc). DrD still hurts and still has that burst potential. If one +1's a fight, it gets very damagy lol

> >

> > I went from thief to druid a couple weeks ago, I like sustaining builds so weaver, druid, holosmith and meditation dragonhunter, not using traps cause isn't fun for me to stay in one spot

>

> I went from Ranger, Warrior, condo engi (pre HoT) to Scrapper, Druid and DrD, then Mirage myself. Hard to find a class that plays to my liking lol. Had a couple solid builds (holo for example) however the ol nerf bad was swung.

Nice picks. :)

For me is really picks that are comfortable with nice sustain, I played necro and thief too but still lacked something so I went to see what made me play the other classes and I found similarities between them and my enjoyment, after all this is a game, I like to have fun. Found guardian a couple days ago, wasn't difficult to adapt the play style, after all the healing it provides, had some outnumbered fights were I won and I enjoy playing it.