Tangled depths HP bosses buffed?

holodoc.5748

Simple question. Why?

And don't even try to deny it. I've been doing HPs since HoT launch, both solo and in HP trains on all nine professions, so I know every single one of the encounters by heart. There were obvious "adjustments" to their difficulty without disclosing them in any of the release notes, at least in the last year or so.

Before it was possible to solo at least four HPs in Tangled depths: troll, inquisitor, guano vampire and the bloom. Now I can't out-DPS or even outlive any of them on any of the professions!? How is that?

The combat log numbers also simply do not add up. At least the troll and the inquisitor have received a significant buff in toughness and probably vitality which makes the encounter now impossible to solo, given the amount of adds around every boss which were obviously buffed too. Condition builds can't bring down the vitality of the bosses quick enough to avoid getting killed by them or the adds and power builds do way less damage due to toughness increase.

So I am curious... Why?

> @"holodoc.5748" said:

> Simple question. Why?

>

> And don't even try to deny it. I've been doing HPs since HoT launch, both solo and in HP trains on all nine professions, so I know every single one of the encounters by heart. There were obvious "adjustments" to their difficulty without disclosing them in any of the release notes, at least in the last year or so.

>

> Before it was possible to solo at least four HPs in Tangled depths: troll, inquisitor, guano vampire and the bloom. Now I can't out-DPS or even outlive any of them on any of the professions!? How is that?

>

> The combat log numbers also simply do not add up. At least the troll and the inquisitor have received a significant buff in toughness and probably vitality which makes the encounter now impossible to solo, given the amount of adds around every boss which were obviously buffed too. Condition builds can't bring down the vitality of the bosses quick enough to avoid getting killed by them or the adds and power builds do way less damage due to toughness increase.

>

> So I am curious... Why?

I soloed these 4 HP as a condi renegade just a few days ago. You're just not trying hard enough.

I did all TD bosses (except for the shroom queen) solo just a few days ago on my Weaver.

Now, I can't claim I did those HPs 700-800 times solo - I don't have that much time on my hands during the week and quite frankly am not bored enough for that...

But I used to do them quite regularly on weekends/whenever I've been working on a new legendary - also on several different classes. I don't notice any difference in difficulty... Maybe you're really just a bit out of practice or there was some change to a trait or skill that affects you that badly...?

Maybe 801 will go better once you find out where the problem lies. Good luck!

EDIT: Since you mentioned condition builds specifically as being unable to bring down the HP of the bosses - the abovementioned HP run a few days ago was on full Viper's Weaver.

> @"holodoc.5748" said:

> Now after a while of not doing HoT HPs, I come back to witness that in three days, with stats and traits adjusted for new balance, I can't solo any of them anymore. On nine different professions!?

for a few weeks i am doing all HoT combat HPs daily on either deadeye or mirage and yesterday soulbeast. i did remember them to be easier back in the days when HoT was new, but they are still doable.

easiest time i personally have on condi mirage from the builds i tested. you already do not get hit often because of the evade uptime and i have for solo / open world a second armor with tormenting rune that will heal any damage taken in no time by doing damage at an acceptable damage loss for that sustain while solo. if you want even more sustain you can run double staff for being on a little range and have perma protection, as this will supply you with 25 might it is solo not as much of a damage loss as it would be in a group. with also a few pure solo PvE traits to trivialize it i usually do the HPs with [this](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJAWWnELDNohVoB2LDMMjFcjqMAatfxf9j/638CChKA-jxxHQB06SAMOdB4a/h5p+zAV+lRlgA4JAAA-e "this") build. combo your chaos fields with leaps for more protection and well spamm staff ambush, has slow build up in damage therefor not suited for general open open world stuff but its good against thougher opponents like those HPs, usually end up with 10-11k+ solo DPS on the HPs for playing pretty much brain afk, dont think it will get much easier+faster with other builds. (also took windswept haven guildhall first try solo with that build ;) )