Where to Hide That Extra Gold?

> @"GW Noob.6038" said:

> I'm confused...what is the point of this thread? Why would I want to "hide" my "extra" gold?

To avoid/limit the damage of an accidental purchase maybe.

> @"alcopaul.2156" said:

> > @"TheMaverick.6104" said:

> > Stashed away some ogld in a personal guild bank.. didnt trust myself with the amount of gold :P

>

> coz if some account hijacker will hijack your account and steal all the gold from you, he might not notice the gold that you spread on the TP.

>

> ooooppssss now they know.

>

> lel.

All they would have to do is create an API and toss it on gw2e or one of the other sites that can easily show how an account's value is spread out.

> @"alcopaul.2156" said:

> > @"TheMaverick.6104" said:

> > I'm confused...what is the point of this thread? Why would I want to "hide" my "extra" gold?

I have the same question - why bother doing this?

> coz if some account hijacker will hijack your account and steal all the gold from you, he might not notice the gold that you spread on the TP.

> ooooppssss now they know.

> lel.

If someone hacked your account to steal your stuff, making sure to drain your TP items (and probably sell off whatever items you have for auction for the current bid) is a very obvious, basic thing they'd definitely do. I don't see any advantage to this unless you've maxed out the gold you can have in your wallet, and if that's the case just give some away ffs.

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> I don't see any advantage to this unless you've maxed out the gold you can have in your wallet, and if that's the case just give some away kitten.

In a game where they release new gem store items on a regular basis, and you can purchase gems with gold, the thought of "maxed out on gold" makes no sense to me...

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> > Personally, my main method of saving gold is temperance. If I don't want to spend gold, I just don't. I have no need for silly things like obtusely hidden caches.

>

> In that case, I’m sure you don’t have a Savings Account in the real world. A Savings Account, separate from a Checking Account, is used to “obtusely hide” money from people so they don’t spend it. If people didn’t need to “obtusely hide” money then they’d keep all their money in a Checking Account and simply use “temperance” and not spend it.

>

It's not the real world it's a freakin game. And no one else should be using your account besides just you since it's against their policy, so that's also something that you shouldn't have to worry about. Besides "hiding" gold in the tp doesn't mean you forget about it. Nothings gonna stop you from taking out and spending it. The only reason I can see anyone hiding gold would be people who stream. Then do this Tp idea sure.

And i'm also not gonna look at this post again have a nice day all.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Biff.5312" said:

> > I don't see any advantage to this unless you've maxed out the gold you can have in your wallet, and if that's the case just give some away kitten.

>

> In a game where they release new gem store items on a regular basis, and you can purchase gems with gold, the thought of "maxed out on gold" makes no sense to me...

>

That assumes those items are actually things you want to spend your gold/gems on obtaining. I rarely buy new items from the gemstore, and I'd prefer to hold onto my gold for those rare times when I find something I do want.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Biff.5312" said:

> > I don't see any advantage to this unless you've maxed out the gold you can have in your wallet, and if that's the case just give some away kitten.

>

> In a game where they release new gem store items on a regular basis, and you can purchase gems with gold, the thought of "maxed out on gold" makes no sense to me...

>

Well only if you are into those things. With this I mostly mean cosmetics. Personally I have little interest in cosmetics and for someone like me there is not really much you can spend on in this game. I have enough gold to buy me the new mount and a few ascended sets and that is my future buying plan but I don't really have time and interest to get them now. Never really was into legendaries since they are mostly cosmetics with some additional convenience.

If you are like me who is mostly playing for the game play itself you actually accumulate more gold than needed.