How are people making gold these days?

Now that PoF as out and the prices of mats have changed dramatically over the past week, how are most people making their moolah? I used to salvage stuff and sell the mats on the tp but now those materials are almost worthless and I'm only making a few gold per day now. Whereas before I was making an average of 17 per day.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prices haven't gone down that much to warrant 17g to 2g. Gold making methods are he exact same as it's been before POF and while mat prices are lower, so is buying everything else, it's all relative. Large metas, SW chest farming, all the usual suspects are still the best methods - outside of course using your CC.

Well, when the price of mats dips, the value of the gold you already had has gone up, and the value of the new gold you acquire, while being a lower numerical value is worth about the same as what you were making before. This doesn't apply to things with fixed prices like vendor bought mats, griffon mount etc. Some things don't follow the ebb and flow of mat/gold influxes such as fractal boxes which are considerably more valuable today than they were 2 weeks ago, even though their price hasn't changed.

> @Despond.2174 said:

> Prices haven't gone down that much to warrant 17g to 2g. Gold making methods are he exact same as it's been before POF and while mat prices are lower, so is buying everything else, it's all relative. Large metas, SW chest farming, all the usual suspects are still the best methods - outside of course using your CC.

If you look at gw2spidy you'll see many of the prices for materials made a sharp decline the day PoF came out. Some of them went down by 500%. Now these materials that I used to sell are almost worthless. And it is true that I'm only making a few gold per day now. The value of my account also went from 28k to 24k starting the same day PoF released. All this and my game time has gone up slightly at 4 hours 45 minutes per day. So at this point I am really stumped.

My income is primarily from farming so at this point I’m still farming but I’m not selling. I’m holding on to mats and hoping they’ll go back up in a few months. Other than that, the 2 gold from dailies and selling off odds and ends such as bags that drop from mobs, and doing events such as a daily Teq and Karka Queen.

> @circuitnerd.5863 said:

> > @Despond.2174 said:

> > Prices haven't gone down that much to warrant 17g to 2g. Gold making methods are he exact same as it's been before POF and while mat prices are lower, so is buying everything else, it's all relative. Large metas, SW chest farming, all the usual suspects are still the best methods - outside of course using your CC.

>

> If you look at gw2spidy you'll see many of the prices for materials made a sharp decline the day PoF came out. Some of them went down by 500%. [...]

How do you calculate a 500% drop in price? By my reasoning a price *drop* can't be more than 100% (from anything down to 0)...

> @circuitnerd.5863 said:

> Now that PoF as out and the prices of mats have changed dramatically over the past week, how are most people making their moolah? I used to salvage stuff and sell the mats on the tp but now those materials are almost worthless and I'm only making a few gold per day now. Whereas before I was making an average of 17 per day.

Farm PvP. If during league, 100+gold a day

> @Chickenooble.5014 said:

> Roleplaying. I take my super hot character, strip her down, and follow characters around for money as their "slave." It's their job to protect me, it's my job to praise them, and at the end of the day I get paid.

Please tell me you really do that and you don't just make a joke here! That would be hilarious. xD

I take my watchwork pick and go running around Sparkfly Fen harvesting Platinum and Hard Wood. These two haven't dropped noticably in price and sell for 1.5-3 silver each. The sprockets sell for 4.5 silver each. Every node in Sparkfly Fen is one of these two.

Heck, my daily home instance run is averaging 1.1 gold just from sprockets alone right now!

> @Despond.2174 said:

> Prices haven't gone down that much to warrant 17g to 2g. Gold making methods are he exact same as it's been before POF and while mat prices are lower, so is buying everything else, it's all relative. Large metas, SW chest farming, all the usual suspects are still the best methods - outside of course using your CC.

My account worth dropped nearly 10k gold since PoF release.... I can believe that his mats devalued a lot.

https://imgur.com/9gcBzYg - account value drop since 22nd of September.

I'm buying gems at the best rates for years with the gold I stashed when prices were high. It's time to spend the money I made in the good times. As for my stock of mats, I'm sitting on it until prices rise, which they will. This cycle has repeated several times in the life of the game. You just need to wait it out.

> @Myrdreth.6829 said:

> > @Chickenooble.5014 said:

> > Roleplaying. I take my super hot character, strip her down, and follow characters around for money as their "slave." It's their job to protect me, it's my job to praise them, and at the end of the day I get paid.

>

> Please tell me you really do that and you don't just make a joke here! That would be hilarious. xD

Deadly serious. I'd post video but I respect the privacy of my clients. I want it to look like they have some level of dignity. Also, I take tips so you guys can send me money. If I get bored I'll go on a 'date' with you in Lions Arch. Not the sewers though. Lots of creeps take me to the sewers.

> @Chickenooble.5014 said:

> > @Myrdreth.6829 said:

> > > @Chickenooble.5014 said:

> > > Roleplaying. I take my super hot character, strip her down, and follow characters around for money as their "slave." It's their job to protect me, it's my job to praise them, and at the end of the day I get paid.

> >

> > Please tell me you really do that and you don't just make a joke here! That would be hilarious. xD

>

> Deadly serious. I'd post video but I respect the privacy of my clients. I want it to look like they have some level of dignity. Also, I take tips so you guys can send me money. If I get bored I'll go on a 'date' with you in Lions Arch. Not the sewers though. Lots of creeps take me to the sewers.

Hm, you´re deadly serious, you say.

Okay, tell me your price per hour and person please.

I have to satisfy a group of four friends within the next three days and now I see an additional opportunity to please them.

Voluptuousness is strong in them so be prepared for everything.