PvE Condition Scourge rune question

Toku.5972

I've only ever used Nightmare, but if I had to guess ? .. I'd say its because the 4% Condition Damage might equal or exceed the +175 from Nightmare runes, and the minion summon benefits the necro in various ways, even with condi cleansing.

I prefer the higher duration of the Nightmare runes, though, which translates to raw DPS in long fights.

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> Lich, Renegade, and Nightmare are for slightly different builds. There are other options, too.

>

> Renegade assumes a good crit rate on a hybrid build

>

> Nightmare adds pure condi dps

>

> Lich adds some vitality instead of damage

Can you help me understand why the meta build would use Lich over Nightmare? It would seem more DPS would be preferable?

Two reasons;

1. Jagged Horrors add a fairly decent amount of sustained damage to NPC's

2. The increased Vitality means life force management is a bit easier, since Scourge uses flat amounts, but all life force generations is a % of maximum.

You actually might end up with higher overall DPS with Lich runes in a raid scenario, but it is almost all lost against highly mobile targets.

Renegade: 100 ferocity, 175 condidmg, 7%condidmg

Lich: 15% consideration, 175 vitality, 4% condidmg, summons a jagged horror

Nightmare: 10% fear duration, 20% condiduration, 175 condidmg, transfer a condition and blind

So overall: renegade gives highest condidmg, but no duration, also ferocity is useless as you do like maximum 10% power dmg as a condi-scourge

Lich sacrifices raw condition dmg, but gains some vitality a jagged horror and condiduration

Nightmare gives only raw condidmg and duration.

Right now you want to activate a f-skill every second if possible to provide a dhuumfire proc, to maximize your dmg output.

So having a bit of extra lifeforce (from vitality) helps a little bit.

If you played renegade before, I'm sure you remember that we had to use a lot of expertise infusions to maximize our condiduration. On lich runes that's not needed anymore, and we get some more condition dmg from infusions. As well as a jagged horror that also applies bleeding from its autoattacks

As for nightmare: the fear duration is a wasted stat. Sure the condition dmg is higher than you get from lich, as well as the duration, but you are missing the jagged horror and as far as I remember, you overcapped bleedduration (maybe worth with different bufffood, don't remember)

• 2 weeks later...