[Suggestion] Trait Improvements/ Streamlining

InsaneQR.7412

I know, I know. Every half a year a trait improvement Topic comes. But to be frank there are traits that have been improved in the last update and traits that have not been. I made a List of Suggestions for Lackluster Traits or Traits that could need some tweaking. I do not go into Skills, Weapons or Bugs.

**Marksmanship: **

Remorseless is still outperforming the other GM traits because it is interacting so well with opening strike and fury.

_Suggestion for Minor Traits:_

The GM minor Precise Strikes is replaced with "Furious Strikes" , you gain Opening Strike (OS) when gaining fury.

The Master minor Alpha Focus now has the effect of the old "Precise Strikes" trait.

_Suggestion GM Traits:_

Predators Onslaught: Your OS apply Cripple. You deal more dmg against movement impaired foes.

Remorseless: OS can not be reflected or blocked. OS deals more dmg.

Lead the Wind: Gain 2s of Quickness when gaining OS. Longbow CD is reduced.

_**Now Baseline: **_Longbow and Harpoon Gun Pierce on default.

**Skirmishing:**

Sharpened edges compeeds with Trappers expertise on Condition builds. Hidden barbs does not really has a big impact on gameplay. Strikers defence could use some minor tweaking and Light on your Feet underperforms the other GM still, even when using SB.

Merge Tailwind and Furious Grip into one Minor Trait called Furious Grip

Add Sharpened edges as a new Minor Trait. Change the effect to chances to apply bleed on Hit instead of crit to give more build flexibility. ( maybe the percentage chance needs to be readjusted but thats balance not mechanic)

_**Free Adept Trait:**_ No clue what to put here but i thought about a trait that interacts with weaponswap. Would fit into the traitline and could give Quickdraw Rotations more depth.

_1. Suggestion of Shadowpass:_ Reducing Weapon CD every time you crit for a fixed amount. With an 1s ICD.

_Suggestion Master Traits:_

Hidden Barbs: Use Minor Sharpening Stone when striking a foe on 75% Health (Minor Sharpening Stone has 5 Charges). Your Bleeding deals more dmg.

Striders Defence: Gain Quickness when you evade an attack, regardless of wielding a sword or not. Sword skills recharge faster.

_Suggestion For GM Trait_

Light on your Feet is pretty much bloated with effects and streamlining some things could give some benefits to the gameplay.

Condition Duration and dmg is increased while under the effects of vigor, Swiftness or quickness does not stack. (This plays into the new Furious Grip Trait, Striders Defence and Primal Reflexes).

Make the longer Durations on Flanking Baseline ( the vuln on concussive shot could be removed IMO). SB Skills pierce and have a decreased Recharge.

This change could give the ranger a near permanent dmg increase in raid environments and could give Condition-Boon builds more open possibilities.

**Wilderness Survival**

This traitline has a lot of holes in it. It is most used for condition cleanses and Wilderness knowledge these days. The Condition Traits need improvements and other traits some tweaking for better synergy within the profession.

Companions Defence: gain Protection on Evade instead of dodge. Add some small ICD if necessary.

_Suggestion Adept Traits:_

Oakheart Salve: Also decreases Condition Duration on you while under the effects of regen.

Taste of Danger: This trait was kinda an arbitrary Change.

What i would like to see. Increase toughness and vitality. You and your Pet gain Expertise based on either vitality or toughness depending which value is higher.

This would open up gear choices for this trait without removing the defensive condi theme.

_Suggestion Master Traits_

Ambidexterity: No Idea what to put here. The trait looks rather uninteresting to me. Some increased Condition duration would be better IMO instead of Condition Dmg. But I am open for creative ideas.

Refined toxins: Reducing the ICD would be nice. 5s on a 6s second poison in conjunction with a health threshold isnt the greates trait. The idea is solid though and a decreased ICD could make it very useful for Poison builds.

Shared Anguish: This Trait Punishes your pet and makes it to dead meat in some situations. I have 2 suggestion for this one.

**1.** Petswapping is now a Stunbreak.

**2. ** If you are disabled you use the shout "Protect me" ICD 30s ( maybe more but i am using the CD of "Protect me" as a baseline)

_Suggestion GM Traits_

Poison Master: This trait does basically nothing useful except the increased poison dmg.

Id say keep the poison buff with this new effect: Apply 1 stack of poison when you apply cripple. This would synergize with Sword, SB, LB, Marksmanship and Trappers expertise etc.

The poison duration should be short with no ICD.

Empathic Bond: This traits is pretty much useless. In PvE it could have some uses but Wilderness knowledge is just better against conditions. In PvP it kills your pet when you get Condi Bombed. My Suggestion is to give the ranger a condi transfer boon steal mechanic with this new trait.

Survival of the Fittest: If the ranger or the pet has a certain number of conditions on them, the next strike of either one of them transfers the conditions to the target and steals boons up to the number of conditions transfered.

**Nature Magic:**

This traitline has some crucial skills that are more than so often needed for ranger gameplay. Additionally it is based arround support and healing, but some traits lack in support potential.

_Suggestion Minor Traits_

**_Fortyfying Bond Baseline:_**

Fortyfying Bond is mandatory for a lot of ranger gameplay and it increases the capabbilities of your pet a lot. Especially now with the new Elite Spec it would give a lot of QoL to the rangers in GW2 if this skill is baseline. It wouldnt be overpowered in PvP because of the new upcomming Boon-Hate from the new E-Specs and in PvE it would give solo Gameplay or WvW roaming more freedom and pet survivability.

_ New Minor Trait:_

(New) Fortyfying Bond.

Healing Power of you and your pet is increased. You and Your pet heal each other more effectively.

This means if your pet heals allies, it heals the ranger more than other people and vice versa. So the healing skills are more effective to help your pet and the pet healing skills are more effective to help the ranger.

_Suggestion Adept Traits:_

Bountiful Hunter: Should also increase condition dmg.

Natures Vengeance: Spirits should use their active on death.

The trait is more or less solid but the spirits could use some improvements but thats stuff for another topic.

Invigorating Bond:

The healing power scaling could be improved on this skill, so that support pets would have better healing. Btw: Fernhound and Moas should get some healing power.

There should be no ICD on this skill. Pet skill CD and Soulbeastmode (SBM) CD on skills should be enough.

**Beastmastery**

_Suggestion Master traits:_

Natural Healing: I dont know why they changed it but the heal every second was good as it was and it wasnt OP as i perceived it.

Either they change it back OR: The Ranger and the Pet gain healing on every interval.

**Suggestion GM Trait:**

Honed Axes: Wintersbite AoE should be baseline. Remove the Ferocity buff.

My Suggestion: Gain a stacking Precision buff when hitting an enemy while wielding an axe. Gain Ferocity based on Precison.

This would improve Power Builds and it would benefit Condi /Hybrid Builds with Axes.

**Changes that Woundrouswall Suggested:**

Still needs more, "You and your Pet..." onto the suggestions, including on new traits found on Soulbeast.

1. Hunter's Gaze: "You and your Pet gain might when striking a foe depending on their health."

2. Moment of Opportunity: "Gain an Attack of Opportunity when you or your Pet interrupts a foe. Daze and Stun durations increase for you and your Pet."

3. Hunter's Tactics: "You and your Pet gain increased critical hit chance when striking an enemy from behind or the side."

4. Vicious Quarry: "Fury grants you and your Pet additional ferocity and critical hit chance."

5. Oakheart's Salve: "You and your Pet take 5% less damage while under the effects of Regeneration."

6. Wilderness Knowledge: "You and your Pet gain fury and cleanse 2 conditions when you use a Survival skill."

7. Evasive Purity: "You and your Pet lose 1 damaging and 1 non-damaging condition when you dodge."

8. Loud Whistle: "While your health is above 90%, your Pet deals 10% more damage. While your Pet's health is above 90%, you deal 10% more damage."

9. Natural Healing changed to Master's Bond: "Your Pet gains health every second. While your Pet is active, gain health every 3s (same effect in Beastmode)."

10. Furious Strength: "You and your Pet deal 7% more damage while under the effects of fury."

11. Second Skin: "Protection also reduces incoming condition damage by -33% on you and your Pet."

12. Predator's Cunning: "You and your Pet steal health from foes when applying poison."

13. Twice as Vicious: "You and your Pet gain Twice as Vicious when you or your Pet disable or strike a disabled foe."

14. Oppressive Superiority: "You and your Pet deal increased damage and apply longer conditions to foes with less health %."

Some of the boon based suggestions would be obsolete with Fortyfing Bond baseline, but all in all good suggestions.

Feedback is welcome.

**_E-Specs_**

**Druid**

Druid has fairly no Interaction with the core class because of its own class mechanic.

Ironically it has no synergy within its own traitline.

I wanted to streamline these three Traitlines into: CAF effects, Support and CC.

_Minor Traits:_

1. Celestial being.

2. Live Vicariously

3. Lingering light

These traits dont change in functionality just in position

This way you have a self synergy in the minors and some use when soloing or playing more offensive.

_Suggestions Adept Traits_

1. Druidic Clarity

2. Cultivated Synergy

3. Verdant Etching

Cultivated Synergy: Heal arround you and your pet when using a heal skill. When you break stun you also break stun for allies near you.

All other traits dont change functionality.

1. Celestial Shadow

2. Natural Mender

3. Primal Echoes

Natural Mender:

The new staff trait. Old function of Natural Mender plus staff CD reduction.

Primal Echoes:

When swapping Weapons you cast lesser Glyph of Equality that dazes foes arround you.

1. Grace of the Land

2. Natural Stride

3. Ancient Seeds

Natural Stride:

Old effect plus its affecting allies arround you.

When breaking Stun you pulse stability arround you.

All other traits keep their functionality.

**Soulbeast**

Soulbeast just has very underwhelming traits that have a good base idea but bad execution. Please note that all skills that should incorporate your pet but do not atm are covered in the main section above.

_Suggestions Minor Traits:_

Minor traits seem good but i would increase the duration of twice as vicious a little bit and incorporate either the Petswap mechanic while in beastmode or no CD on beastmode.

_Suggestions Adept Traits:_

Fresh Reinforcement: With fortyfing Bond baseline this trait does not need to be baseline but it should work vice versa. Entering beastmode should give you the boons of your pet and leaving beastmode should give the pet your boons. Only ICD needed if Beastmode would have no CD.

Unstoppable Union: Should also work in both directions. You break stun when entering beastmode and get unblockable attacks . You break stun when leaving beastmode and your pets attack will be unblockable.

Second Skin:

Base effect is good but it depends on protection gain from other traits and abbilities.

There are 2 Suggestions i have for a in Trait protection gain:

1. Gain protection when suffering from a certain amount of conditions.

2. Gain protection when falling under a certain health threshold.

Essence of Speed:

This trait also lacks self generation of the corresponding boon and depends on other traits and abbilities.

also 2 suggestions:

1. Gain Quickness for x seconds when swapping weapons.

2. Gain Quickness when hitting an enemy under a certain health threshold.

Predators Cunning:

Add some additional poison application.

my 2 suggestions:

1. Chance to apply poison on crit.

2. Activate Vulture Stance when hitting an enemy under 50% health.

Please tell me which of these Master Trait suggestion would be the better one in your opinion.

_Suggestion GM Traits_

Eternal Bond:

Its having a big ICD and a small heal.

Decrease in ICD and increase in healing would make the trait pretty good.

Leader of the pack:

A Stance CD reduction should be incorporated into this trait.

Oppressive Superiority:

Just way undertuned. Increase either the dmg and condi dmg buff or let it increase depending on the missing health of the enemy.

Criticisms is welcome. Stay constructive.

For the open Adept trait in Skirmishing, I'd love a reduced weapon swap cooldown trait similar to Warriors. Skirmishing screams fast paced combat, swapping weapons faster speeds up the feeling of combat.

For your change to Ambidexterity, Condition damage is more useful than duration in my opinion, especially in WvW where cleanses are fairly widespread. I'd rather do more damage in a shorter amount of time to get as much damage in before the enemy cleanses. I'd prefer it if it was a flat increase though, instead of only increasing it if you use certain weapons.

> @psizone.8437 said:

> For the open Adept trait in Skirmishing, I'd love a reduced weapon swap cooldown trait similar to Warriors. Skirmishing screams fast paced combat, swapping weapons faster speeds up the feeling of combat.

>

> For your change to Ambidexterity, Condition damage is more useful than duration in my opinion, especially in WvW where cleanses are fairly widespread. I'd rather do more damage in a shorter amount of time to get as much damage in before the enemy cleanses. I'd prefer it if it was a flat increase though, instead of only increasing it if you use certain weapons.

>

>

Yeah i thought about a similar trait like fast hands but a copy paste wouldnt be very creative and warriors would be probably upset. It was actually my first thought though and another hadnt come to mind yet.

Yeah the ambidexterity trait is kinda ambigues to me. It has not a bad effect but its just plain blunt and some creative change would be nice.

Maybe getting stats depending on OH?

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> I agree with all of the core ranger changes. I'm not 100% certain in the druid ones though. I'd prefer if Live Vicariously was baseline.

>

> What if the minor trait in skirmishing was: Critical Hits reduce all of your active cooldowns by 1/4 of a second. 1s icd.

I may put the cultivated synergy with the new live vicariously trait together. And make cultivated synergy the master minor.

I like the suggestion of shortening CD, it would make ranger skills more fast paced. I may put it in the list with citation.

Even though your claim about Remorseless outperform Predator Onslaught is dubious, I really think Sharpened Edge need to be changed to cast minor sharpening stone when hit a foe under 75% hp or something.

And Fortify Bound baseline is really a must...

Pet does not even get boons properly due to target cap and boon application priority.

Some good suggestions, I'm not going to comment on all of them. This one however I don't like:

"Companions Defence: gain Protection on Evade instead of dodge. Add some small ICD if necessary."

I would very much prefer to keep Protection on dodge, since that one's on demand AND I can easily apply Protection (and healing) to my pet.

If anything, _add_ evade to the trait as well, but don't take away the on demand aspect, especially not now with Rugged Growth trait. This one would be a nerf imho.

Still needs more, _"You and your Pet..."_ onto the suggestions, including on new traits found on Soulbeast.

* Hunter's Gaze: "You and your Pet gain might when striking a foe depending on their health."

* Moment of Opportunity: "Gain an Attack of Opportunity when you or your Pet interrupts a foe. Daze and Stun durations increase for you and your Pet."

* Hunter's Tactics: "You and your Pet gain increased critical hit chance when striking an enemy from behind or the side."

* Vicious Quarry: "Fury grants you and your Pet additional ferocity and critical hit chance."

* Oakheart's Salve: "You and your Pet take 5% less damage while under the effects of Regeneration."

* Wilderness Knowledge: "You and your Pet gain fury and cleanse 2 conditions when you use a Survival skill."

* Evasive Purity: "You and your Pet lose 1 damaging and 1 non-damaging condition when you dodge."

* Loud Whistle: "While your health is above 90%, your Pet deals 10% more damage. While your Pet's health is above 90%, you deal 10% more damage."

* Natural Healing changed to Master's Bond: "Your Pet gains health every second. While your Pet is active, gain health every 3s (same effect in Beastmode)."

* Furious Strength: "You and your Pet deal 7% more damage while under the effects of fury."

* Second Skin: "Protection also reduces incoming condition damage by -33% on you and your Pet."

* Predator's Cunning: "You and your Pet steal health from foes when applying poison."

* Twice as Vicious: "You and your Pet gain Twice as Vicious when you or your Pet disable or strike a disabled foe."

* Oppressive Superiority: "You and your Pet deal increased damage and apply longer conditions to foes with less health %."

It's ridiculous that the Devs managed to have and create so many traits that still do not include or interact with the pet for a pet class.

> @Wondrouswall.7169 said:

> Still needs more, _"You and your Pet..."_ onto the suggestions, including on new traits found on Soulbeast.

> * Hunter's Gaze: "You and your Pet gain might when striking a foe depending on their health."

> * Moment of Opportunity: "Gain an Attack of Opportunity when you or your Pet interrupts a foe. Daze and Stun durations increase for you and your Pet."

> * Hunter's Tactics: "You and your Pet gain increased critical hit chance when striking an enemy from behind or the side."

> * Vicious Quarry: "Fury grants you and your Pet additional ferocity and critical hit chance."

> * Oakheart's Salve: "You and your Pet take 5% less damage while under the effects of Regeneration."

> * Wilderness Knowledge: "You and your Pet gain fury and cleanse 2 conditions when you use a Survival skill."

> * Evasive Purity: "You and your Pet lose 1 damaging and 1 non-damaging condition when you dodge."

> * Loud Whistle: "While your health is above 90%, your Pet deals 10% more damage. While your Pet's health is above 90%, you deal 10% more damage."

> * Natural Healing changed to Master's Bond: "Your Pet gains health every second. While your Pet is active, gain health every 3s (same effect in Beastmode)."

> * Furious Strength: "You and your Pet deal 7% more damage while under the effects of fury."

> * Second Skin: "Protection also reduces incoming condition damage by -33% on you and your Pet."

> * Predator's Cunning: "You and your Pet steal health from foes when applying poison."

> * Twice as Vicious: "You and your Pet gain Twice as Vicious when you or your Pet disable or strike a disabled foe."

> * Oppressive Superiority: "You and your Pet deal increased damage and apply longer conditions to foes with less health %."

>

> It's ridiculous that the Devs managed to have and create so many traits that still do not include or interact with the pet for a pet class.

your right, i put them in with citation if i got some time. The boon on pet application should be incorporated with the fortyfing bond baseline. I will make a soulbeast section too for everybody wondering.

> @InsaneQR.7412 said:

> Yeah i thought about a similar trait like fast hands but a copy paste wouldnt be very creative and warriors would be probably upset. It was actually my first thought though and another hadnt come to mind yet.

>

> Yeah the ambidexterity trait is kinda ambigues to me. It has not a bad effect but its just plain blunt and some creative change would be nice.

> Maybe getting stats depending on OH?

>

>

A copy/paste shouldn't be that much of an issue, though a small change of swap time is fine. It'll only be a very small amount of hardcore Warrior players that will complain and then they'd forget in a week. There are plenty of 'sister' traits amongst classes and unique abilities are being shared amongst classes now too.

I'd be fine with changing Ambidexterity if they added a new trait that gives us the +condition damage to compensate.

> @OGDeadHead.8326 said:

> Some good suggestions, I'm not going to comment on all of them. This one however I don't like:

> "Companions Defence: gain Protection on Evade instead of dodge. Add some small ICD if necessary."

> I would very much prefer to keep Protection on dodge, since that one's on demand AND I can easily apply Protection (and healing) to my pet.

> If anything, _add_ evade to the trait as well, but don't take away the on demand aspect, especially not now with Rugged Growth trait. This one would be a nerf imho.

It depends actually if it is a nerf or not. You have evade frames with: SB, Sword, GS, Dagger (MH and OH), Lightning Reflexes and the dodge roll ( i may have missed some). It is definetly more skill based than actually on demand, but it could be much more potent with a very small ICD and a decent protection duration. It would give more crossplay instead of just dodge rolling when protection is needed.

> Still needs more, _"You and your Pet..."_ onto the suggestions, including on new traits found on Soulbeast.

> * Hunter's Gaze: "You and your Pet gain might when striking a foe depending on their health."

> * Moment of Opportunity: "Gain an Attack of Opportunity when you or your Pet interrupts a foe. Daze and Stun durations increase for you and your Pet."

> * Hunter's Tactics: "You and your Pet gain increased critical hit chance when striking an enemy from behind or the side."

> * Vicious Quarry: "Fury grants you and your Pet additional ferocity and critical hit chance."

> * Oakheart's Salve: "You and your Pet take 5% less damage while under the effects of Regeneration."

> * Wilderness Knowledge: "You and your Pet gain fury and cleanse 2 conditions when you use a Survival skill."

> * Evasive Purity: "You and your Pet lose 1 damaging and 1 non-damaging condition when you dodge."

> * Loud Whistle: "While your health is above 90%, your Pet deals 10% more damage. While your Pet's health is above 90%, you deal 10% more damage."

> * Natural Healing changed to Master's Bond: "Your Pet gains health every second. While your Pet is active, gain health every 3s (same effect in Beastmode)."

> * Furious Strength: "You and your Pet deal 7% more damage while under the effects of fury."

> * Second Skin: "Protection also reduces incoming condition damage by -33% on you and your Pet."

> * Predator's Cunning: "You and your Pet steal health from foes when applying poison."

> * Twice as Vicious: "You and your Pet gain Twice as Vicious when you or your Pet disable or strike a disabled foe."

> * Oppressive Superiority: "You and your Pet deal increased damage and apply longer conditions to foes with less health %."

>

> It's ridiculous that the Devs managed to have and create so many traits that still do not include or interact with the pet for a pet class.

Yup, it's absurd. +1.

> @InsaneQR.7412 said:

> > @OGDeadHead.8326 said:

> > Some good suggestions, I'm not going to comment on all of them. This one however I don't like:

> > "Companions Defence: gain Protection on Evade instead of dodge. Add some small ICD if necessary."

> > I would very much prefer to keep Protection on dodge, since that one's on demand AND I can easily apply Protection (and healing) to my pet.

> > If anything, _add_ evade to the trait as well, but don't take away the on demand aspect, especially not now with Rugged Growth trait. This one would be a nerf imho.

>

> It depends actually if it is a nerf or not. You have evade frames with: SB, Sword, GS, Dagger (MH and OH), Lightning Reflexes and the dodge roll ( i may have missed some). It is definetly more skill based than actually on demand, but it could be much more potent with a very small ICD and a decent protection duration. It would give more crossplay instead of just dodge rolling when protection is needed.

While I understand fully what you mean and your reasons for it, I would still miss the on demand we have today. If we could have both (with an icd) I would support this idea.

>

Dev really need to see this post.

Can someone send this directly to Anet's superior?

It's like Anet is so busy developing this new specialization to get rid of pet that they forget to make a pet class's trait affecting their pets cuz it's no longer needed once the Soulbeast is there? (Dev's perspective. )