Mount update?

zengara.8301

Anyone know when update page for mounts will come out? A lot of claims by people really doesnt seem to realistically make sense, like roamers wont be able to run away, so would be good to realistically see if these mounts got hp and the dmg they can do. Would be cool if you could stay on it 24/7 though. Like if your skills are literally the same, but you got a special action key for leaping/sieging. Dont think so, since animations.

But yeah, would be nice to get some real information instead of the somewhat weird theory crafting,

> @"zengara.8301" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > You do know that the mount that is being released in WvW doesn't come out until next Tuesday, right?

>

> Wont there be a explanation of what it is beforehand though? Like they did with the old mounts, showcasing skills etc before release of PoF and the beetle

Did they showcase the beetle before launch? It was in the trailer the week before, but I can't remember anything else until Long Live the Lich was live...

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"zengara.8301" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > You do know that the mount that is being released in WvW doesn't come out until next Tuesday, right?

> >

> > Wont there be a explanation of what it is beforehand though? Like they did with the old mounts, showcasing skills etc before release of PoF and the beetle

>

> Did they showcase the beetle before launch? It was in the trailer the week before, but I can't remember anything else until Long Live the Lich was live...

Honestly cant remember, but I think if I remember correctly, the skills for the beetle was in a separate article before it came out (like Rytlocks thoughts etc) and then when it came out also a stream. But I guess this mount will be showcased in a couple of days (22.). Though the other mounts I am pretty sure it was detailed before Lunch

Thank you, hope it wont be broken on first day like the guardian skill where putting rams up wasnt worth it since like 10 guardians=OP forever xD Might be a limit to how many can pull per gate (only way it would work, since structures dont get more hp based on how many people is around). But yeah, now I see how it could be effectively abused by groups of people who can evade everything and easier to sandwich, since the blob that is on a mount got a huge advantage (speed, evade, health, Battle Maul).

Not gonna lie tho, seems to be that chokes will be a thing of the past if I understood the article correctly. In general, this will just give a lot more room for tactics. Like mesmers easily being able to get behind enemy lines and portal bomb, or just the whole group since mesmer portals dont need to be a thing anymore. Kinda hyped up now to see it in action

> @"zengara.8301" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > @"zengara.8301" said:

> > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > You do know that the mount that is being released in WvW doesn't come out until next Tuesday, right?

> > >

> > > Wont there be a explanation of what it is beforehand though? Like they did with the old mounts, showcasing skills etc before release of PoF and the beetle

> >

> > Did they showcase the beetle before launch? It was in the trailer the week before, but I can't remember anything else until Long Live the Lich was live...

>

> Honestly cant remember, but I think if I remember correctly, the skills for the beetle was in a separate article before it came out (like Rytlocks thoughts etc) and then when it came out also a stream. But I guess this mount will be showcased in a couple of days (22.). Though the other mounts I am pretty sure it was detailed before Lunch

The Raptor definitely was, at least for people who pre-bought PoF, what with the Preview Weekend and all (not only *detailed*, but *ridden*). The Griffon absolutely was not detailed before launch, since it was a spectacularly well-kept secret(1) until launch-day. The other three were described, and their core special abilities (floating over water and sulphur, jumping up, blinking and sandportals) were highlighted, although the details of acquisition, mastery progression, and so on were not well-known. And of course that's more or less where we are with Kitty, so it's anybody's guess how much detail we'll have between now and next week.

(1) There probably were people (outside ArenaNet) who knew about it before launch - the curiosity of dataminers knows no bounds - but they were unusually discreet about that knowledge.