What fighting Champion Silkears the Fierce Bounty is like

Shafi.8952

• 5 months later...

Aside from the lol, Silkears should be nerfed, I ran in a group of 18 ppl without being able to kill it even halfway. This is supposed to be a champ while legendaries are easier to kill with those amounts of ppl. And since the higlands is deserted most of the time ill never get this done. Great way to make new content...

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to say a group that was just shy of 40 went against the bunny and lost today.

We had just finished 2 legendary bounties and a bunch of champion ones. Pretty disappointing tbh, this bounty is either a legendary or it should be nerfed because it brought down a good group, due to either a failure of anet to classify it properly or poor programming for getting the encounter wrong.

Either way its not good in its current form.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> People just need to leave combat, get on springer and jump on him properly. The fact that CC is still such a difficult concept to players today is astonishing

You failed to understand the point that legendary was easier than champion. But yes, take CC.

> @"Sinful.2165" said:

> The calls nerf this encounter are laughable. Classic L2P. Doesn’t anyone enjoy a challenge anymore?

Conveniently you to missed the point about the legendary encounters being easier than the champion encounter. Reading is hard. Challenge is fine when its in the appropriate context, but that takes understanding too.

> @"SoPP.7034" said:

> Just wanted to say a group that was just shy of 40 went against the bunny and lost today.

>

> We had just finished 2 legendary bounties and a bunch of champion ones. Pretty disappointing tbh, this bounty is either a legendary or it should be nerfed because it brought down a good group, due to either a failure of anet to classify it properly or poor programming for getting the encounter wrong.

>

> Either way its not good in its current form.

I’m confused, if you had that many players in a good group it should have died. I don’t see how the failure lies with Anet. Poor player performance does not indicate poor programming. This reminds me of people complaining about the difficulty of Serpent’s Ire.

Work the mechanics. It’s not like it is impossible to kill or simply mislabeled and that is somehow leading groups astray. You said yourself that group killed two other legendaries.

You don't need all or even most of the players in a squad to be "good" to defeat legendary bounties. In fact, you don't even need a squad. Their healthbars are significantly larger than champion bounties, but still manageable by a solo player. Since scaling doesn't even begin until you pass the 5 player threshold, a party of 5 good players should defeat most bounties more easily than a full squad of randoms because in your average open world squad, most players aren't really contributing very much. A couple of examples to illustrate the point:

The problem with Silkears is that you are basically fighting his breakbar. In my experience as a bounty squad leader, carrying damage is very easy, but no matter how good you are you can't break bars all on your own. CC is cooldown limited, while scaling assumes each player contributes to some degree. The OP is correct (obviously) in that this makes Champion Silkears significantly tougher to beat than most Legendary bounties.

I pride myself on "saving" large groups of no-clue players simply by perfecting a CC combo with an specialized build with more CC than anything else. I just drop in the groups struggling with breakbar dependant bosses and see the fights change in an instant. Its super satisfying.

> @"Sinful.2165" said:

>

> I’m confused

That much is clear. You're picking and choosing what was said just to ratify your own perspective. Read what AliamRationem.5172 posted if you like, he even included videos to make it a little easier for some people to understand.