Upcoming Warrior Changes or Lack Thereof?

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> Warrior being balanced doesn’t mean we shouldn’t get any changes.

>

> Where is the QoL?

> Where is the polish?

> Where are the fun changes?

> Anything!

>

>

This is exactly what I mean. Anet doesn balance for sake of meta in pvp, pve and wvw. They don’t give a shit about who is meta and where.

They balance so that you have more reasons to play the profession that you want in a viable way and the spec that you want so that you spend more money on gems and both previous and upcoming expansions.

Say there are 100k warrior mains in the game. Say 1/3 of those want to play berserker warrior, but it sucks so they don’t buy HoT, only PoF. Thats 33k warrior mains not buying a 30$ expansion and overall playing the game less (and spending less in the gem store). In this senario that is a least 1 mil in sales from failing to sell that one expansion to warrior mains that want to play berserker.

It’s all about the benjamins. They will fix berserker before the next expansion, or at least they should from a bussiness standpoint.

> @"Interpretor.3091" said:

> > @"Zenix.6198" said:

> > *laughs in weaver*

>

> You’re a pvp player, weaver is good everywhere else. They tried buffing weaver for pvpand still failed. You guys got major reworks and buffs to bring tempest up to snuff (which is now a viable support spec in PvP).

Warrior also is good in every other gamemode, so whats your point? (Sure they are just bubble slaves in WvW, but still good there)

And if you think 3 mighstacks, 5s regen and 5s prot make tempest able to compete with FB in PvP ....I have bad news for you.

I wish weaver was as viable as warrior as a sidenoder.

> @"Zenix.6198" said:

> > @"Interpretor.3091" said:

> > > @"Zenix.6198" said:

> > > *laughs in weaver*

> >

> > You’re a pvp player, weaver is good everywhere else. They tried buffing weaver for pvpand still failed. You guys got major reworks and buffs to bring tempest up to snuff (which is now a viable support spec in PvP).

>

> Warrior also is good in every other gamemode, so whats your point? (Sure they are just bubble slaves in WvW, but still good there)

> And if you think 3 mighstacks, 5s regen and 5s prot make tempest able to compete with FB in PvP ....I have bad news for you.

>

> I wish weaver was as viable as warrior as a sidenoder.

>

Spellbreaker is good in every other gamemode and core war and especially berserker fall short everywhere.

PvP you have:

s/f fresh air core ele

D/F auramancer tempest

Menders Weaver

Fresh air weaver

Fractals you have:

Power Fresh Air weaver and Power staff weaver

As well as core power build

Raids you have:

Power dps fresh air

Core power dos

Tempest support

WvW you have:

Auramancer tempest

Dps staff weaver

Most of these, especially in PvE are considered very meta and have been for a long time.

Warrior has what comparitively?

PvP:

S/Sh GS Spellbreaker

Dagger/Shield spellbreaker

Core warrior that underperforms greatly since it Might Makes Right got nerfed into the ground 4-5 patches ago

PvE:

Banner Slave both Condi and Power both of which are only viable because they bring banners, we arent brought for any DPS or carrying potential whatsoever, we perform 1 role and that is to bring banners and to perform lackluster/barely moderate DPS

Core BS w/ bad DPS

Berserker Condi BS w/ bad DPS

Spellbreaker BS w/ bad DPS

WvW:

Warriors don’t even have a meta build in this gamemode. The only thing that made them viable was Winds of Disenchantment which they nerfed 2 balance patches ago and then proceeded to change the entire ability making entirely unviable in large WvW fights in the latest balance patcg.

Similar to PvE Spellbreakers also ARE NOT brought for their dmg capabilities, cc or other utilities in this game mode, ONLY BUBBLE.

There is no Berserker or Core build viable in WvW guild fighting meta at all and most roaming specs take Spellbreaker.

> @"Interpretor.3091" said:

> > @"Zenix.6198" said:

> > > @"Interpretor.3091" said:

> > > > @"Zenix.6198" said:

> > > > *laughs in weaver*

> > >

> > > You’re a pvp player, weaver is good everywhere else. They tried buffing weaver for pvpand still failed. You guys got major reworks and buffs to bring tempest up to snuff (which is now a viable support spec in PvP).

> >

> > Warrior also is good in every other gamemode, so whats your point? (Sure they are just bubble slaves in WvW, but still good there)

> > And if you think 3 mighstacks, 5s regen and 5s prot make tempest able to compete with FB in PvP ....I have bad news for you.

> >

> > I wish weaver was as viable as warrior as a sidenoder.

> >

>

> Spellbreaker is good in every other gamemode and core war and especially berserker fall short everywhere.

>

> PvP you have:

>

> s/f fresh air core ele

> D/F auramancer tempest

> Menders Weaver

> Fresh air weaver

>

> Fractals you have:

>

> Power Fresh Air weaver and Power staff weaver

> As well as core power build

>

> Raids you have:

>

> Power dps fresh air

> Core power dos

> Tempest support

>

> WvW you have:

> Auramancer tempest

> Dps staff weaver

>

> Most of these, especially in PvE are considered very meta and have been for a long time.

>

> Warrior has what comparitively?

>

> PvP:

> S/Sh GS Spellbreaker

> Dagger/Shield spellbreaker

> Core warrior that underperforms greatly since it Might Makes Right got nerfed into the ground 4-5 patches ago

>

>

> PvE:

> Banner Slave both Condi and Power both of which are only viable because they bring banners, we arent brought for any DPS or carrying potential whatsoever, we perform 1 role and that is to bring banners and to perform lackluster/barely moderate DPS

>

> Core BS w/ bad DPS

> Berserker Condi BS w/ bad DPS

> Spellbreaker BS w/ bad DPS

>

> WvW:

> Warriors don’t even have a meta build in this gamemode. The only thing that made them viable was Winds of Disenchantment which they nerfed 2 balance patches ago and then proceeded to change the entire ability making entirely unviable in large WvW fights in the latest balance patcg.

> Similar to PvE Spellbreakers also ARE NOT brought for their dmg capabilities, cc or other utilities in this game mode, ONLY BUBBLE.

> There is no Berserker or Core build viable in WvW guild fighting meta at all and most roaming specs take Spellbreaker.

>

>

>

Did you really just go to metabattle, and copy every single ele build with a gold badge here?

CORE FA ELE as a viable build for conquest ....jesus christ.

I mean....fair game....lemme do that as well then

So for conquest thats:

Strength dagger

Tetherbreaker

Gs/Dagger

Greataxe

Fractals:

Power boonstrip bannerslave

Power Bannerslave

Condi DPS

Power DPS

Raids:

Power Bannerslave

Condi Bannerslave

seems like a fair argument to use, right?

The pvp ones do the same role with different main hand weapon and the fractal and pve ones are just to bring the banners and do some damage be it condition or power and there isn't really dps warrior.

Warrior:What is my purpose?

Crono: You bring banners!

Warrior: Ou my god.

Crono: Yah welcome to the club pal.

> @"Zenix.6198" said:

> > @"Interpretor.3091" said:

> > > @"Zenix.6198" said:

> > > > @"Interpretor.3091" said:

> > > > > @"Zenix.6198" said:

> > > > > *laughs in weaver*

> > > >

> > > > You’re a pvp player, weaver is good everywhere else. They tried buffing weaver for pvpand still failed. You guys got major reworks and buffs to bring tempest up to snuff (which is now a viable support spec in PvP).

> > >

> > > Warrior also is good in every other gamemode, so whats your point? (Sure they are just bubble slaves in WvW, but still good there)

> > > And if you think 3 mighstacks, 5s regen and 5s prot make tempest able to compete with FB in PvP ....I have bad news for you.

> > >

> > > I wish weaver was as viable as warrior as a sidenoder.

> > >

> >

> > Spellbreaker is good in every other gamemode and core war and especially berserker fall short everywhere.

> >

> > PvP you have:

> >

> > s/f fresh air core ele

> > D/F auramancer tempest

> > Menders Weaver

> > Fresh air weaver

> >

> > Fractals you have:

> >

> > Power Fresh Air weaver and Power staff weaver

> > As well as core power build

> >

> > Raids you have:

> >

> > Power dps fresh air

> > Core power dos

> > Tempest support

> >

> > WvW you have:

> > Auramancer tempest

> > Dps staff weaver

> >

> > Most of these, especially in PvE are considered very meta and have been for a long time.

> >

> > Warrior has what comparitively?

> >

> > PvP:

> > S/Sh GS Spellbreaker

> > Dagger/Shield spellbreaker

> > Core warrior that underperforms greatly since it Might Makes Right got nerfed into the ground 4-5 patches ago

> >

> >

> > PvE:

> > Banner Slave both Condi and Power both of which are only viable because they bring banners, we arent brought for any DPS or carrying potential whatsoever, we perform 1 role and that is to bring banners and to perform lackluster/barely moderate DPS

> >

> > Core BS w/ bad DPS

> > Berserker Condi BS w/ bad DPS

> > Spellbreaker BS w/ bad DPS

> >

> > WvW:

> > Warriors don’t even have a meta build in this gamemode. The only thing that made them viable was Winds of Disenchantment which they nerfed 2 balance patches ago and then proceeded to change the entire ability making entirely unviable in large WvW fights in the latest balance patcg.

> > Similar to PvE Spellbreakers also ARE NOT brought for their dmg capabilities, cc or other utilities in this game mode, ONLY BUBBLE.

> > There is no Berserker or Core build viable in WvW guild fighting meta at all and most roaming specs take Spellbreaker.

> >

> >

> >

>

> Did you really just go to metabattle, and copy every single ele build with a gold badge here?

> CORE FA ELE as a viable build for conquest ....jesus christ.

> I mean....fair game....lemme do that as well then

>

> So for conquest thats:

> Strength dagger

> Tetherbreaker

> Gs/Dagger

> Greataxe

>

> Fractals:

> Power boonstrip bannerslave

> Power Bannerslave

> Condi DPS

> Power DPS

>

> Raids:

> Power Bannerslave

> Condi Bannerslave

>

> seems like a fair argument to use, right?

My point is that ele has more viable builds with a variety of specilizations and playstyles that are meta in different gamemodes and have a large influnence on team performance and synergy.

You listing that warrior PvE builds that are all banner slave varients that all do the same thing...just repeats what I already did in my last post and again makes me argument for me so...thanks?

We have NO WvW builds

BS varients for PVE no real dps varient that is worth taking

And 2 spellbreaker builds for PVP that only change a stat line and a mainhand weapon.

We are pigeon holed into traits, weapons and utilities and have been since the release of the game. There is absolutely no variety. Actually, Ele is the most versatile profession aside from ranger/druid/soulbeast.

And btw, core FA ele is viable, at least in solo queue. I’m Currently rank 40 on the leaderboards and it performs very well in hands of eles like Gohan, grimjack and phantaram

If I might interject to the Weaver vs Spellbreaker thing going on here...

In relation to the last patch, regardless of what any of us think, little to no meaningful changes were made to Warrior **or** Weaver. Whether you think one of, or both of them should be tuned down or up, the patch would suggest they're both perfectly balanced. Everyone here seems to agree that's not entirely true.