Update patch = to hell with guardian

Kirin.7306

Well I am a guardian we are not considered the best of anything but hey! HERE ARE YOUR NERFS XDDDDDD

Thanks! Meanwhile Thieves can perma stealth! Mesmers can solo anyone! RANGED CHARACTERS can all down me in one global! I swung a sword I swung a sword I swung a sword again! Thats great! I do no damage! I don't even get an invulnerable when hit below ??% hp! I get the shittiest health pool of all time also! whoooo!

Thnaks!

> @"Kirin.7306" said:

> Well I am a guardian we are not considered the best of anything but hey! HERE ARE YOUR NERFS XDDDDDD

> Thanks! Meanwhile Thieves can perma stealth! Mesmers can solo anyone! RANGED CHARACTERS can all down me in one global! I swung a sword I swung a sword I swung a sword again! Thats great! I do no damage! I don't even get an invulnerable when hit below ??% hp! I get the kitten health pool of all time also! whoooo!

>

> Thnaks!

Luckily my hybrid pvp DH isn't affected by any of these changes and in pve I don't use RI anyway :)

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > You (OP) clearly havent played Guardian that much. only 3 nerfs, none of them essential

>

> RI change will be massive for PvP...

>

Its one trait. Use another? It may have been a very good one, but its not like you cant play with a weaker version or a different trait.

Then again I never relied on a single trait. But maybe thats just me.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > You (OP) clearly havent played Guardian that much. only 3 nerfs, none of them essential

> >

> > RI change will be massive for PvP...

> >

>

> Its one trait. Use another? It may have been a very good one, but its not like you cant play with a weaker version or a different trait.

>

> Then again I never relied on a single trait. But maybe thats just me.

The problem op has and other guardians is that guard was not super strong especially core guard was just good. Nerfing a just good class to make it a ok class with the reason we didn’t liked that all core guards usesd that trait is not very friendly.

My assumption is Anet is working on the x pac already and they may saw that this trait would make the new specialization to strong....

B.O.I.s!

Righteous Instincts has been an incredibly potent trait since it was reworked to grant a large boost to the player's critical-hit chance. Because of this, it has crowded out other grandmaster options for the radiance build. In this update, we're bringing down the power of this trait to be more in line with other grandmaster traits and to give a little boost to its competition.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Righteous_Instincts

Version history

For a detailed trait history, see here.

Patch [hide]Changes

August 08, 2017 Path of Fire pre-patch:

Righteous Instincts has been added to the game

~~~~~

~2 years since IT WAS REWORKED!

like YEAH?

so who the hell made that core guardian? must be leet.

just proves that not all vicious, legit [no hax that ++dmg] build combos have been invented yet.

> > > You (OP) clearly havent played Guardian that much. only 3 nerfs, none of them essential

> >

> >

>

> Its one trait. Use another? It may have been a very good one, but its not like you cant play with a weaker version or a different trait.

>

You can't use Valk ammy without that trait...

Core Guard and DH were already under performing in comparison to other specs but now its essentially deleted from PvP..

Ontop of that, pretty sure the reason it was nerfed was due to countless threads stating that core guard is "OP", and it is to players below mid gold.

> > You (OP) clearly havent played Guardian that much. only 3 nerfs, none of them essential

>

> RI change will be massive for PvP...

>

>

>

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" confirmed Core Guardian had the second highest win ratio in ranked after Boonbeast. Objectively speaking it needed to be toned down. Old Righteous Instincts was basically 1000 free precision which is nuts when most signets and traits give 180 for any particular stat.

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > You (OP) clearly havent played Guardian that much. only 3 nerfs, none of them essential

> > >

> > > RI change will be massive for PvP...

> > >

> >

> > Its one trait. Use another? It may have been a very good one, but its not like you cant play with a weaker version or a different trait.

> >

> > Then again I never relied on a single trait. But maybe thats just me.

>

> You can't use Valk ammy without that trait...

> Core Guard and DH were already under performing in comparison to other specs but now its essentially deleted from PvP..

>

> Ontop of that, pretty sure the reason it was nerfed was due to countless threads stating that core guard is "OP", and it is to players below mid gold.

Core guard was nowhere near underperforming. It has the 2nd highest win ratio in ranked after boonbeast. That's a fact. After the nerf Valk Amulet will go from 75% crit chance with fury to 50% which is still great considering the amount of easy sustain core guardian provided as well as how much more power and ferocity and health the has.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" confirmed Core Guardian had the second highest win ratio in ranked after Boonbeast. Objectively speaking it needed to be toned down. Old Righteous Instincts was basically 1000 free precision which is nuts when most signets and traits give 180 for any particular stat.

Ive always been against removing build diversity, especially for core builds. (now we wont have any viable core builds.)

it may have been overtuned but it needed it. Let that sink in for a second, it needed an overtuned trait just to stay relevant in the current mess of things.

This patch is going to be a joke anyway, I main Tempest and those patch notes might look like a buff but they aren't.

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > You (OP) clearly havent played Guardian that much. only 3 nerfs, none of them essential

> > >

> > > RI change will be massive for PvP...

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" confirmed Core Guardian had the second highest win ratio in ranked after Boonbeast. Objectively speaking it needed to be toned down. Old Righteous Instincts was basically 1000 free precision which is nuts when most signets and traits give 180 for any particular stat.

>

> Ive always been against removing build diversity, especially for core builds. (now we wont have any viable core builds.)

>

> it may have been overtuned but it needed it. Let that sink in for a second, it needed an overtuned trait just to stay relevant in the current mess of things.

>

> This patch is going to be a joke anyway, I main Tempest and those patch notes might look like a buff but they aren't.

Core, Elite, who cares? What matters is that

1. Every profession has at least one build that can be played at the meta level. Everything past 1 is gravy. We aren't even here yet until Elementalist gets buffs.

2. There are multiple viable options for every single role in conquest; Multiple viable Support, multiple viable Team Damage, Multiple viable roamers, and multiple viable 1vX dueling builds. Right now we need more support builds desperately.

Guardians will notice it. But the current core guardian build will still be fine. Just not 2nd highest win ratio fine.

> > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > You (OP) clearly havent played Guardian that much. only 3 nerfs, none of them essential

> > > >

> > > > RI change will be massive for PvP...

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" confirmed Core Guardian had the second highest win ratio in ranked after Boonbeast. Objectively speaking it needed to be toned down. Old Righteous Instincts was basically 1000 free precision which is nuts when most signets and traits give 180 for any particular stat.

> >

> > Ive always been against removing build diversity, especially for core builds. (now we wont have any viable core builds.)

> >

> > it may have been overtuned but it needed it. Let that sink in for a second, it needed an overtuned trait just to stay relevant in the current mess of things.

> >

> > This patch is going to be a joke anyway, I main Tempest and those patch notes might look like a buff but they aren't.

>

> Core, Elite, who cares? What matters is that

> 1. Every profession has at least one build that can be played at the meta level. Everything past 1 is gravy. We aren't even here yet until Elementalist gets buffs.

> 2. There are multiple viable options for every single role in conquest; Multiple viable Support, multiple viable Team Damage, Multiple viable roamers, and multiple viable 1vX dueling builds. Right now we need more support builds desperately.

>

> Guardians will notice it. But the current core guardian build will still be fine. Just not 2nd highest win ratio fine.

This removes builds from the META, it doesn't add to it... Guardian will be FB only.

Whats wrong with being a roamer or DPS as guardian?

Theres no point using other support builds due to FB being overturned in comparison to other supports.

Even Anthem has more build options than this and those Javs are specifically designed for certain roles.

> > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > You (OP) clearly havent played Guardian that much. only 3 nerfs, none of them essential

> > > > >

> > > > > RI change will be massive for PvP...

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" confirmed Core Guardian had the second highest win ratio in ranked after Boonbeast. Objectively speaking it needed to be toned down. Old Righteous Instincts was basically 1000 free precision which is nuts when most signets and traits give 180 for any particular stat.

> > >

> > > Ive always been against removing build diversity, especially for core builds. (now we wont have any viable core builds.)

> > >

> > > it may have been overtuned but it needed it. Let that sink in for a second, it needed an overtuned trait just to stay relevant in the current mess of things.

> > >

> > > This patch is going to be a joke anyway, I main Tempest and those patch notes might look like a buff but they aren't.

> >

> > Core, Elite, who cares? What matters is that

> > 1. Every profession has at least one build that can be played at the meta level. Everything past 1 is gravy. We aren't even here yet until Elementalist gets buffs.

> > 2. There are multiple viable options for every single role in conquest; Multiple viable Support, multiple viable Team Damage, Multiple viable roamers, and multiple viable 1vX dueling builds. Right now we need more support builds desperately.

> >

> > Guardians will notice it. But the current core guardian build will still be fine. Just not 2nd highest win ratio fine.

>

> This removes builds from the META, it doesn't add to it... Guardian will be FB only.

>

> Whats wrong with being a roamer or DPS as guardian?

>

> Theres no point using other support builds due to FB being overturned in comparison to other supports.

>

> Even Anthem has more build options than this and those Javs are specifically designed for certain roles.

Nothing's wrong with guardian having a DPS spec. Core guardian will still be fine. Just not 2nd highest win ratio in the game fine.

> > > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > > You (OP) clearly havent played Guardian that much. only 3 nerfs, none of them essential

> > > > > >

> > > > > > RI change will be massive for PvP...

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" confirmed Core Guardian had the second highest win ratio in ranked after Boonbeast. Objectively speaking it needed to be toned down. Old Righteous Instincts was basically 1000 free precision which is nuts when most signets and traits give 180 for any particular stat.

> > > >

> > > > Ive always been against removing build diversity, especially for core builds. (now we wont have any viable core builds.)

> > > >

> > > > it may have been overtuned but it needed it. Let that sink in for a second, it needed an overtuned trait just to stay relevant in the current mess of things.

> > > >

> > > > This patch is going to be a joke anyway, I main Tempest and those patch notes might look like a buff but they aren't.

> > >

> > > Core, Elite, who cares? What matters is that

> > > 1. Every profession has at least one build that can be played at the meta level. Everything past 1 is gravy. We aren't even here yet until Elementalist gets buffs.

> > > 2. There are multiple viable options for every single role in conquest; Multiple viable Support, multiple viable Team Damage, Multiple viable roamers, and multiple viable 1vX dueling builds. Right now we need more support builds desperately.

> > >

> > > Guardians will notice it. But the current core guardian build will still be fine. Just not 2nd highest win ratio fine.

> >

> > This removes builds from the META, it doesn't add to it... Guardian will be FB only.

> >

> > Whats wrong with being a roamer or DPS as guardian?

> >

> > Theres no point using other support builds due to FB being overturned in comparison to other supports.

> >

> > Even Anthem has more build options than this and those Javs are specifically designed for certain roles.

>

> Nothing's wrong with guardian having a DPS spec. Core guardian will still be fine. Just not 2nd highest win ratio in the game fine.

You keep saying that but the only reference to this statement was made by Nath saying "ben said so in live twitch stream about last season"...

Was this thread moved to guardian forums?

> > > > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > > > You (OP) clearly havent played Guardian that much. only 3 nerfs, none of them essential

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > RI change will be massive for PvP...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" confirmed Core Guardian had the second highest win ratio in ranked after Boonbeast. Objectively speaking it needed to be toned down. Old Righteous Instincts was basically 1000 free precision which is nuts when most signets and traits give 180 for any particular stat.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ive always been against removing build diversity, especially for core builds. (now we wont have any viable core builds.)

> > > > >

> > > > > it may have been overtuned but it needed it. Let that sink in for a second, it needed an overtuned trait just to stay relevant in the current mess of things.

> > > > >

> > > > > This patch is going to be a joke anyway, I main Tempest and those patch notes might look like a buff but they aren't.

> > > >

> > > > Core, Elite, who cares? What matters is that

> > > > 1. Every profession has at least one build that can be played at the meta level. Everything past 1 is gravy. We aren't even here yet until Elementalist gets buffs.

> > > > 2. There are multiple viable options for every single role in conquest; Multiple viable Support, multiple viable Team Damage, Multiple viable roamers, and multiple viable 1vX dueling builds. Right now we need more support builds desperately.

> > > >

> > > > Guardians will notice it. But the current core guardian build will still be fine. Just not 2nd highest win ratio fine.

> > >

> > > This removes builds from the META, it doesn't add to it... Guardian will be FB only.

> > >

> > > Whats wrong with being a roamer or DPS as guardian?

> > >

> > > Theres no point using other support builds due to FB being overturned in comparison to other supports.

> > >

> > > Even Anthem has more build options than this and those Javs are specifically designed for certain roles.

> >

> > Nothing's wrong with guardian having a DPS spec. Core guardian will still be fine. Just not 2nd highest win ratio in the game fine.

>

> You keep saying that but the only reference to this statement was made by Nath saying "ben said so in live twitch stream about last season"...

And may I add that the statement is absolutely meaningless even if it is true, cuz that’s not how you measure class performance, at all.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> Was this thread moved to guardian forums?

> > > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > > > > You (OP) clearly havent played Guardian that much. only 3 nerfs, none of them essential

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > RI change will be massive for PvP...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" confirmed Core Guardian had the second highest win ratio in ranked after Boonbeast. Objectively speaking it needed to be toned down. Old Righteous Instincts was basically 1000 free precision which is nuts when most signets and traits give 180 for any particular stat.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ive always been against removing build diversity, especially for core builds. (now we wont have any viable core builds.)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > it may have been overtuned but it needed it. Let that sink in for a second, it needed an overtuned trait just to stay relevant in the current mess of things.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This patch is going to be a joke anyway, I main Tempest and those patch notes might look like a buff but they aren't.

> > > > >

> > > > > Core, Elite, who cares? What matters is that

> > > > > 1. Every profession has at least one build that can be played at the meta level. Everything past 1 is gravy. We aren't even here yet until Elementalist gets buffs.

> > > > > 2. There are multiple viable options for every single role in conquest; Multiple viable Support, multiple viable Team Damage, Multiple viable roamers, and multiple viable 1vX dueling builds. Right now we need more support builds desperately.

> > > > >

> > > > > Guardians will notice it. But the current core guardian build will still be fine. Just not 2nd highest win ratio fine.

> > > >

> > > > This removes builds from the META, it doesn't add to it... Guardian will be FB only.

> > > >

> > > > Whats wrong with being a roamer or DPS as guardian?

> > > >

> > > > Theres no point using other support builds due to FB being overturned in comparison to other supports.

> > > >

> > > > Even Anthem has more build options than this and those Javs are specifically designed for certain roles.

> > >

> > > Nothing's wrong with guardian having a DPS spec. Core guardian will still be fine. Just not 2nd highest win ratio in the game fine.

> >

> > You keep saying that but the only reference to this statement was made by Nath saying "ben said so in live twitch stream about last season"...

>

> And may I add that the statement is absolutely meaningless even if it is true, cuz that’s not how you measure class performance, at all.

It's literally how every game measures class performance, from League of Legends, to Magic the Gathering and Pokemon.

There's been legendary core guardians in EU every single season, and plenty of them in the top 100 on NA. It is a consistently strong spec in all tiers of play.

> >

> >

>

>

RI trait is the power grandmaster trait in Radiance, compared to the other options that don't work with power builds.

Smiter's boon nerf is a big hit on core guard 1v1.

Essentially killing a class in a role that had better options.

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > Was this thread moved to guardian forums?

> > > > > > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > > > > > You (OP) clearly havent played Guardian that much. only 3 nerfs, none of them essential

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > RI change will be massive for PvP...

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" confirmed Core Guardian had the second highest win ratio in ranked after Boonbeast. Objectively speaking it needed to be toned down. Old Righteous Instincts was basically 1000 free precision which is nuts when most signets and traits give 180 for any particular stat.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ive always been against removing build diversity, especially for core builds. (now we wont have any viable core builds.)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > it may have been overtuned but it needed it. Let that sink in for a second, it needed an overtuned trait just to stay relevant in the current mess of things.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This patch is going to be a joke anyway, I main Tempest and those patch notes might look like a buff but they aren't.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Core, Elite, who cares? What matters is that

> > > > > > 1. Every profession has at least one build that can be played at the meta level. Everything past 1 is gravy. We aren't even here yet until Elementalist gets buffs.

> > > > > > 2. There are multiple viable options for every single role in conquest; Multiple viable Support, multiple viable Team Damage, Multiple viable roamers, and multiple viable 1vX dueling builds. Right now we need more support builds desperately.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Guardians will notice it. But the current core guardian build will still be fine. Just not 2nd highest win ratio fine.

> > > > >

> > > > > This removes builds from the META, it doesn't add to it... Guardian will be FB only.

> > > > >

> > > > > Whats wrong with being a roamer or DPS as guardian?

> > > > >

> > > > > Theres no point using other support builds due to FB being overturned in comparison to other supports.

> > > > >

> > > > > Even Anthem has more build options than this and those Javs are specifically designed for certain roles.

> > > >

> > > > Nothing's wrong with guardian having a DPS spec. Core guardian will still be fine. Just not 2nd highest win ratio in the game fine.

> > >

> > > You keep saying that but the only reference to this statement was made by Nath saying "ben said so in live twitch stream about last season"...

> >

> > And may I add that the statement is absolutely meaningless even if it is true, cuz that’s not how you measure class performance, at all.

>

> It's literally how every game measures class performance, from League of Legends, to Magic the Gathering and Pokemon.

>

> There's been legendary core guardians in EU every single season, and plenty of them in the top 100 on NA. It is a consistently strong spec in all tiers of play.

played by experienced players...

Experienced players will beat others regardless of class but that isn't justification for a nerf.

Top players are also known to wintrade, if they win traded on Tempest then I guess Tempest should be rightfully nerfed then right?

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > Was this thread moved to guardian forums?

> > > > > > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > > > > > You (OP) clearly havent played Guardian that much. only 3 nerfs, none of them essential

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > RI change will be massive for PvP...

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" confirmed Core Guardian had the second highest win ratio in ranked after Boonbeast. Objectively speaking it needed to be toned down. Old Righteous Instincts was basically 1000 free precision which is nuts when most signets and traits give 180 for any particular stat.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ive always been against removing build diversity, especially for core builds. (now we wont have any viable core builds.)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > it may have been overtuned but it needed it. Let that sink in for a second, it needed an overtuned trait just to stay relevant in the current mess of things.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This patch is going to be a joke anyway, I main Tempest and those patch notes might look like a buff but they aren't.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Core, Elite, who cares? What matters is that

> > > > > > 1. Every profession has at least one build that can be played at the meta level. Everything past 1 is gravy. We aren't even here yet until Elementalist gets buffs.

> > > > > > 2. There are multiple viable options for every single role in conquest; Multiple viable Support, multiple viable Team Damage, Multiple viable roamers, and multiple viable 1vX dueling builds. Right now we need more support builds desperately.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Guardians will notice it. But the current core guardian build will still be fine. Just not 2nd highest win ratio fine.

> > > > >

> > > > > This removes builds from the META, it doesn't add to it... Guardian will be FB only.

> > > > >

> > > > > Whats wrong with being a roamer or DPS as guardian?

> > > > >

> > > > > Theres no point using other support builds due to FB being overturned in comparison to other supports.

> > > > >

> > > > > Even Anthem has more build options than this and those Javs are specifically designed for certain roles.

> > > >

> > > > Nothing's wrong with guardian having a DPS spec. Core guardian will still be fine. Just not 2nd highest win ratio in the game fine.

> > >

> > > You keep saying that but the only reference to this statement was made by Nath saying "ben said so in live twitch stream about last season"...

> >

> > And may I add that the statement is absolutely meaningless even if it is true, cuz that’s not how you measure class performance, at all.

>

> It's literally how every game measures class performance, from League of Legends, to Magic the Gathering and Pokemon.

>

> There's been legendary core guardians in EU every single season, and plenty of them in the top 100 on NA. It is a consistently strong spec in all tiers of play.

Bro, anything below 1500 does not count. So unless you tell me Ben specifically told you that core guardian is out performing in platinum above games, the statement you just keep repeating of guardian being the second highest winning In ranked (assuming it is even true) is worthless. And even then, you have to consider how it performs in tournaments.

Also, are we talking GS, hammer or something else. Cuz this statement does not tell anything. And let’s say GS is the problem hypothetically. Would not make sense to nerf GS in PvP instead I’m doing a blanket nerf across the board, even impacting PvE?

Also, if a build is consistently strong, that means it is working as intended. Is it supposed to be mediocre?! Also, Just by saying people can take a build to top 100 or legendary does not mean it is out performing (or anything really cuz this ain’t a statistic).

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" confirmed Core Guardian had the second highest win ratio in ranked after Boonbeast. Objectively speaking it needed to be toned down. Old Righteous Instincts was basically 1000 free precision which is nuts when most signets and traits give 180 for any particular stat.

Screenshot?

Come on people, RI was ridiculous, period.

50% critchance from a single trait is absolutely mind-boggling.

While I dont have any statistical data to support his: I have seen lots of guardians in plat, and the spec certainly performs well there.

Edit: Right, before somebody brings this up. Yes, I also think that "Death Perception" and "Reaper's Onslaught" (both necro traits) are unhealthy for the game and have "lazy design"-written all over them.

> @"Zenix.6198" said:

> Come on people, RI was ridiculous, period.

> 50% critchance from a single trait is absolutely mind-boggling.

> While I dont have any statistical data to support his: I have seen lots of guardians in plat, and the spec certainly performs well there.

>

> Edit: Right, before somebody brings this up. Yes, I also think that "Death Perception" and "Reaper's Onslaught" (both necro traits) are unhealthy for the game and have "lazy design"-written all over them.

Ya if you look at any trait in isolation you can have that same conclusion. Lets use Ele, Cleansing Water. Dude, how ridiculous is that? Remove condi on reg with a class that spams reg? That must be broken. Is it though? When you factor in Ele HP pool, other condi removal options, overall sustain and overall performance, the trait is not OP.

Same with guardian, you have to factor in that guardian has a low HP pool, no out of combat escapes, limited ability to avoid damage and the only build in the entire PvP that has no way to obtain either swiftness or 25% movement through rotational traits or skills. It is the only build that must use Lynx runes to obtain movement speed. No other build/class has this issue. The only reason RI existed at it's level is to allow for stats re-distribution for dps builds to be competitive against classes that have higher HP pools and easier access to movement speed and higher stats.

Also, when you say the "spec certainly performs well." Is it supposed to suck? It is supposed to perform well, otherwise it was poorly designed.