Latest Warclaw update

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > @"displayname.8315" said:

> > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > @"gebrechen.5643" said:

> > > > Many classes mobility is op for years, stealth is op for years, but the amount of mount issues that "suddenly" coming up baffles me. Let's fix the issues with stealth and mobility aka balancing first and leave the mount as it is? Deal?

> > >

> > > The thing is they are only issues if you don';t have to give up anything for that mobility. So since we all have mounts and all have mobility we gonna give core thief damage and sustain back? I highly doubt that is something people would want to do. Some classes didn't give up anything like condi mirage. However that needed to be fixed (kinda was this past patch to be fair). Not everyone needed mobility to make up for the few classes that lacked it when they excelled in other areas.

> >

> > Mounts can't be used in combat. Can't be compared to what happens in a fight.

>

> They most definitely can be compared considering you have to put yourself in combat to deal with a mount. It doesnt even make sense why they wouldnt be able to be compared. You use CDs to dismount someone. You have less when you do dismount them or they jump off. You use mobility abilities to keep up with said mount. I think it definitely matters.

>

> Edit: Also what? I just thought about it. Your statement is totally wrong. Mounts can be used in combat. If they couldn't be you'd be dismounted the moment I hit you. I know another game that did that and mounts there aren't complained about in competitive game modes. Hm.......

What do you mean "deal with a mount". Why would you need to deal with a single person that's not attacking you? Are they going to a camp or something? Just catch them there.

Someone who isn't attacking anyone or fighting at all is not problem to be "dealt" with.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > You guys realize the leap distance was quite literally OP and it got nerfed 100 range at best and shouldnt have existed to begin with?

> >

> > I always though OP meant someone has an advantage. Since all classes/races can use it not sure that applies. Maybe you didn't like that amount of gap closer but it can leave you stranded too you know.

> If all classes had an elite skill that dealt 50k AoE damage at 1200 range with a 5s cooldown, would that be totally ok and not OP?

>

> Just wondering where we draw the line here.

I think the line would stop at ridiculous suggestions. Perhaps you think its game breaking somehow, I do not. OP tho assumes a balancing advantage.. this is not that.

> @"displayname.8315" said:

> What do you mean "deal with a mount". Why would you need to deal with a single person that's not attacking you? Are they going to a camp or something? Just catch them there.

>

> Someone who isn't attacking anyone or fighting at all is not problem to be "dealt" with.

This is the main gripe people have with the mount, the inability to intercept others on their way to some other objective.

It may seem fine if they were going to a camp or some objective where you can engage them on your own, but if they are running back to their zerg, then it's really annoying, as a roamer, to not be able to do anything to prevent that.

I hear that people are using ballistas for this purpose now.

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > What do you mean "deal with a mount". Why would you need to deal with a single person that's not attacking you? Are they going to a camp or something? Just catch them there.

> >

> > Someone who isn't attacking anyone or fighting at all is not problem to be "dealt" with.

>

> This is the main gripe people have with the mount, the inability to intercept others on their way to some other objective.

>

> It may seem fine if they were going to a camp or some objective where you can engage them on your own, but if they are running back to their zerg, then it's really annoying, as a roamer, to not be able to do anything to prevent that.

>

> I hear that people are using ballistas for this purpose now.

Aah yeah figured. Only real complaints are with the gankers. Just go gank off of the zerg.. if your good enough. That takes some real talent tho. Much more involved then parking your group in a choke and bursting down solos.

> @"displayname.8315" said:

> > @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > > @"displayname.8315" said:

> > > What do you mean "deal with a mount". Why would you need to deal with a single person that's not attacking you? Are they going to a camp or something? Just catch them there.

> > >

> > > Someone who isn't attacking anyone or fighting at all is not problem to be "dealt" with.

> >

> > This is the main gripe people have with the mount, the inability to intercept others on their way to some other objective.

> >

> > It may seem fine if they were going to a camp or some objective where you can engage them on your own, but if they are running back to their zerg, then it's really annoying, as a roamer, to not be able to do anything to prevent that.

> >

> > I hear that people are using ballistas for this purpose now.

>

> Aah yeah figured. Only real complaints are with the gankers. Just go gank off of the zerg.. if your good enough. That takes some real talent tho. Much more involved then parking your group in a choke and bursting down solos.

You just described what every zerg has been doing all week on all map though.

> @"briggah.7910" said:

> loud minority once again crying for nerfs and anet caves in.. gj lets just go back to fighting empty tower lords and stale game mode year after year

Where is the poll that says the people who wants it nerfed are the minority? Nice try though. Not like most zergs do more than K train and run from fights in the past week anyways. If you thought the mount had any chance of saving WvW just wow..... the only thing that could save WvW is actual attention to the community that plays it.

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > @"Ni In.6578" said:

> > Raymond, I just got stuck on my mount. Only way to resolve this was to go out of WvW. Couldn't swap weapons and could not dismount (via dying, water, or wp'ing)

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/Y09hbW3.jpg "")

> >

> > Edit: also couldn't go through a portal.

> >

> > Another aside, you can't fit the mount through the hills north portal.

>

> Your mount cares enough about you to carry your dead body! Awww so cute!

>

> (I have a similar screenshot. The other thing I saw last night was someone dead on their mount and it was still moving!)

The cat just things of it as carrying lunch with him.