Is there a reason WvW maps haven't been increased?

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > **And if that's the case, what's the harm in skipping a day of dailies?**

> 2 Mystic Coins and 2 Gold!!!

I think you mean 2 gold.

And if that's the OP's gold, there are other ways to earn 2 gold that are quicker, since the OP has determined that the dailies are too long.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > **And if that's the case, what's the harm in skipping a day of dailies?**

> > 2 Mystic Coins and 2 Gold!!!

> I think you mean 2 gold.

> And if that's the OP's gold, there are other ways to earn 2 gold that are quicker, since the OP has determined that the dailies are too long.

>

Yeah maybe it was from the daily log in reward. I just spam open them things now when I log in, don't pay attention to them that much anymore.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > A much more interesting question is what they're going to do about the WvW exploits with the Warclaw mount. You can actually jump into some Towers and such bypassing the walls entirely.

> > Is that why they shortened the leap distance with last night's patch? I'd expect them to release fixes to that pretty soon. If you find such a spot, it can't hurt to send in a bug or exploit report though.

> I believe it was discussed quite a bit on twitter already but yeah I would suspect that if they shortened the leap distance, that would be why.

if that were the real reason, then they could revert the distance change after applying a better fix for the mount.

Why can't they just disable dodging while airborne? I am positive that would correct all of the wall / jump exploits.

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > A much more interesting question is what they're going to do about the WvW exploits with the Warclaw mount. You can actually jump into some Towers and such bypassing the walls entirely.

> > > Is that why they shortened the leap distance with last night's patch? I'd expect them to release fixes to that pretty soon. If you find such a spot, it can't hurt to send in a bug or exploit report though.

> > I believe it was discussed quite a bit on twitter already but yeah I would suspect that if they shortened the leap distance, that would be why.

>

> if that were the real reason, then they could revert the distance change after applying a better fix for the mount.

>

> Why can't they just disable dodging while airborne? I am positive that would correct all of the wall / jump exploits.

Well why do you think there is such a thing as dodging while airborne to begin with? Because it seems to me that it's there for a reason and then you're just trading one problem for another.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > if that were the real reason, then they could revert the distance change after applying a better fix for the mount.

> >

> > Why can't they just disable dodging while airborne? I am positive that would correct all of the wall / jump exploits.

> Well why do you think there is such a thing as dodging while airborne to begin with? Because it seems to me that it's there for a reason and then you're just trading one problem for another.

Probably because that's the default behaviour for such skills, as that's how it works on the jackal.

what kind of problems would be caused by disabling air dodges?

> @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> That's a good point, Inculpatus. I was mistaken, sort of. I was waiting in the Obsidium place, which counts for decay times. I just didn't think of it that way. Thanks for the correction!

Also note - WvW participation and EotM participation track separate. So you can go to EotM and not decay your core WvW participation. I do this to set up and test WvW builds before taking them to WvW proper.

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > > @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > > if that were the real reason, then they could revert the distance change after applying a better fix for the mount.

> > >

> > > Why can't they just disable dodging while airborne? I am positive that would correct all of the wall / jump exploits.

> > Well why do you think there is such a thing as dodging while airborne to begin with? Because it seems to me that it's there for a reason and then you're just trading one problem for another.

>

> Probably because that's the default behaviour for such skills, as that's how it works on the jackal.

>

> what kind of problems would be caused by disabling air dodges?

I don't claim to be an expert on ArenaNet's programming reasons but they generally make something for a specific purpose. When you take that something away it cannot fulfill that purpose anymore. One thing I can imagine is that it allows the mounts to pass through the aoe oceans that you see frequently. If you cannot use that jump skill to skip through damage it becomes a lot less effective. I admit I'd rather they do something about these aoe teams because it makes WvW rather stupid, but there you go.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > what kind of problems would be caused by disabling air dodges?

> I don't claim to be an expert on ArenaNet's programming reasons but they generally make something for a specific purpose. When you take that something away it cannot fulfill that purpose anymore. One thing I can imagine is that it allows the mounts to pass through the aoe oceans that you see frequently. If you cannot use that jump skill to skip through damage it becomes a lot less effective. I admit I'd rather they do something about these aoe teams because it makes WvW rather stupid, but there you go.

>

Well, in the end ANet has to choose how to deal with it, and what will suffer. For sure, they cannot allow mounts to bypass walls to go into the structures, so something had to change.

1. changing the map structure

2. Reducing leap distance

3. remove air leaps

4. Any other ideas?

I personally think that they went for the cheapest to implement solution, so maybe they will readjust things in the future. Though there were many players who already thought the leap distance was too high, so at least this change was well received by said group.

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > > what kind of problems would be caused by disabling air dodges?

> > I don't claim to be an expert on ArenaNet's programming reasons but they generally make something for a specific purpose. When you take that something away it cannot fulfill that purpose anymore. One thing I can imagine is that it allows the mounts to pass through the aoe oceans that you see frequently. If you cannot use that jump skill to skip through damage it becomes a lot less effective. I admit I'd rather they do something about these aoe teams because it makes WvW rather stupid, but there you go.

> >

>

> Well, in the end ANet has to choose how to deal with it, and what will suffer. For sure, they cannot allow mounts to bypass walls to go into the structures, so something had to change.

>

> 1. changing the map structure

> 2. Reducing leap distance

> 3. remove air leaps

> 4. Any other ideas?

>

> I personally think that they went for the cheapest to implement solution, so maybe they will readjust things in the future. Though there were many players who already thought the leap distance was too high, so at least this change was well received by said group.

Of course they went for the quickest and cheapest. I wouldn't expect anything else. Of course that's not uniquely ArenaNet as I've seen similar approaches in other games. Alternatively they could've made the leap slightly higher but a lot shorter just so you can clear small barriers so you won't get stuck and just have a second skill that's a speed boost on a cd. But also that takes more time and effort to do I'm sure.

> @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> I can bet the reason is the technology isnt there yet to have so many at once.

It's also because anet has heavily heavily marginalized resources for WvW. WvW has only a single developer dedicated to it - so any big updates are impossible or super slow to happen. Anet does not see WvW as a way to generate revenue, so they don't invest in it (although that's a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy!)