How do you feel about the Warclaw after patch?

Cerioth.7062

I liked it better faster and dealing more damage ;) , but it had a negative impact on the game mode, so the changes make sense.

A WvW mount has it pros and cons per se, as does not having access to a mount in WvW, so I suppose it doesn't matter which side you choose. I don't mind the mount and actually enjoy having it, but I don't truly care either way.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > @"Thelgar.7214" said:

> > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > @"Thelgar.7214" said:

> > > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > > @"Thelgar.7214" said:

> > > > > > No option for Positive, but neutral about whether the mount existed or not. I didn't get mine until after the patches, but i haven't had a problem with it. I don't really feel a lot (any actually) of sympathy for roamers who can't attack group-built characters running to their groups with their gank builds.

> > > > >

> > > > > Have you ever considered that most roamers build to out sustain outnumbered fights (whether with mobility or build) since they're putting themselves at a disadvantage and that by putting yourself in group gear you're setting yourself up to kill people like those roamers... except for with a group. So you should be at a disadvantage anytime you're out of position and alone? That it is quite silly to say I can attack and group smaller than me and that is okay but anyone doing the same to me is a ganker? So in short just because you're not dying for your mistakes as often its a good change to you?

> > > >

> > > > You aren't putting yourself at a disadvantage when you're ganking people heading to their group in group builds. Nobody sets up their group to kill roamers. You're like roadkill - something people in groups don't really care about when it splatters, aside from finding it mildly amusing. It's silly to think you're so important that you're the reason people build groups. In short, you not being able to annoy people trying to get back to their groups makes it a good change for everyone else except roamers who gank people in group builds.

> > >

> > > I never said that you put yourself in group gear builds to deal with me specifically. Or even roamers. I said that by putting yourself in group gear you should easily handle a solo player while in a group. You're setting yourself up for success in that regards whether you had that in consideration or not. Just because you get attacked in a group build doesnt mean you got 'ganked'. It just means you were out of position. Somewhere you shouldn't have been, and someone with a build suited to kill you (or even just the skill) was in the right position to do so. Cheering for free movement without conflict in a pvp game mode is a bit odd at best and points to a lack of skill at the worst.

> >

> > Nobody cares about handling a solo player while in a group. You're an annoyance in a game mode in which you aren't important. Wanting to be able to gank people who are geared for group play points to lack of skill period.

>

> Okay but 1v1 me tho.

Why? It's like showing how far you can kick a baseball in the middle of a baseball game. It's a worthless skill that just annoys the people trying to actually play the game.

> @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > @"coro.3176" said:

> > Hard CC should dismount

> There's _way_ too much CC available to players for that, and you know it.

There is indeed a lot of CC available, but there are a lot of players on mounts you need to hit in a fight. Plus, the mounts have 3 extra dodges to avoid it. I'd be fine with CC dismounting.

> > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > @"Thelgar.7214" said:

> > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > @"Thelgar.7214" said:

> > > > > No option for Positive, but neutral about whether the mount existed or not. I didn't get mine until after the patches, but i haven't had a problem with it. I don't really feel a lot (any actually) of sympathy for roamers who can't attack group-built characters running to their groups with their gank builds.

> > > >

> > > > Have you ever considered that most roamers build to out sustain outnumbered fights (whether with mobility or build) since they're putting themselves at a disadvantage and that by putting yourself in group gear you're setting yourself up to kill people like those roamers... except for with a group. So you should be at a disadvantage anytime you're out of position and alone? That it is quite silly to say I can attack and group smaller than me and that is okay but anyone doing the same to me is a ganker? So in short just because you're not dying for your mistakes as often its a good change to you?

> > >

> > > You aren't putting yourself at a disadvantage when you're ganking people heading to their group in group builds. Nobody sets up their group to kill roamers. You're like roadkill - something people in groups don't really care about when it splatters, aside from finding it mildly amusing. It's silly to think you're so important that you're the reason people build groups. In short, you not being able to annoy people trying to get back to their groups makes it a good change for everyone else except roamers who gank people in group builds.

> >

> > I never said that you put yourself in group gear builds to deal with me specifically. Or even roamers. I said that by putting yourself in group gear you should easily handle a solo player while in a group. You're setting yourself up for success in that regards whether you had that in consideration or not. Just because you get attacked in a group build doesnt mean you got 'ganked'. It just means you were out of position. Somewhere you shouldn't have been, and someone with a build suited to kill you (or even just the skill) was in the right position to do so. Cheering for free movement without conflict in a pvp game mode is a bit odd at best and points to a lack of skill at the worst.

>

> Nobody cares about handling a solo player while in a group. You're an annoyance in a game mode in which you aren't important. Wanting to be able to gank people who are geared for group play points to lack of skill period.

Roamers do mostly more than you do pressing 1111 in a blob while they flip objectives,or try to kill you when you died and run back from spawn.

> @"LegoBrave.6147" said:

> I was under the impression these mounts were to HELP us get INTO things. You know, towers and keeps? These are worthless for that. Thus I am turning negative fast at this rate.

the gate skill has too high a cost for new(er) players. it should be the 3rd or 4th mastery not the 6th.

> @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> > @"LegoBrave.6147" said:

> > I was under the impression these mounts were to HELP us get INTO things. You know, towers and keeps? These are worthless for that. Thus I am turning negative fast at this rate.

>

> the gate skill has too high a cost for new(er) players. it should be the 3rd or 4th mastery not the 6th.

And make dodges the 6th.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> > > @"LegoBrave.6147" said:

> > > I was under the impression these mounts were to HELP us get INTO things. You know, towers and keeps? These are worthless for that. Thus I am turning negative fast at this rate.

> >

> > the gate skill has too high a cost for new(er) players. it should be the 3rd or 4th mastery not the 6th.

>

> And make dodges the 6th.

The extra dodge or the instagib, for sure. Those two should be 5 and 6 anyway, considering their power relative to the other masteries. I'm just lowly rank ~250 and I'm not going to waste half my points just to tug on a gate. I doubt most in my position would either.

Quit way before the mount really came out due to balance issues in the game mode, the addition of the mount did not help one bit on my decision to return or not.

Feel like dev power should have focused more on the core of the mode instead of something that wasnt really needed without proper thought on how it could effect a server that didnt have a ton of manpower even at their prime time.

From someone who mainly only played on Eternal, it just seems like their main use would have been for players to scurry back into the zerg after dieing from either poor position, being on the opposite end of a poorly balance class, or just back into the mode. Could be different on other maps.

> @"Caedmon.6798" said:

>

> > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > @"Thelgar.7214" said:

> > > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > > @"Thelgar.7214" said:

> > > > > > No option for Positive, but neutral about whether the mount existed or not. I didn't get mine until after the patches, but i haven't had a problem with it. I don't really feel a lot (any actually) of sympathy for roamers who can't attack group-built characters running to their groups with their gank builds.

> > > > >

> > > > > Have you ever considered that most roamers build to out sustain outnumbered fights (whether with mobility or build) since they're putting themselves at a disadvantage and that by putting yourself in group gear you're setting yourself up to kill people like those roamers... except for with a group. So you should be at a disadvantage anytime you're out of position and alone? That it is quite silly to say I can attack and group smaller than me and that is okay but anyone doing the same to me is a ganker? So in short just because you're not dying for your mistakes as often its a good change to you?

> > > >

> > > > You aren't putting yourself at a disadvantage when you're ganking people heading to their group in group builds. Nobody sets up their group to kill roamers. You're like roadkill - something people in groups don't really care about when it splatters, aside from finding it mildly amusing. It's silly to think you're so important that you're the reason people build groups. In short, you not being able to annoy people trying to get back to their groups makes it a good change for everyone else except roamers who gank people in group builds.

> > >

> > > I never said that you put yourself in group gear builds to deal with me specifically. Or even roamers. I said that by putting yourself in group gear you should easily handle a solo player while in a group. You're setting yourself up for success in that regards whether you had that in consideration or not. Just because you get attacked in a group build doesnt mean you got 'ganked'. It just means you were out of position. Somewhere you shouldn't have been, and someone with a build suited to kill you (or even just the skill) was in the right position to do so. Cheering for free movement without conflict in a pvp game mode is a bit odd at best and points to a lack of skill at the worst.

> >

> > Nobody cares about handling a solo player while in a group. You're an annoyance in a game mode in which you aren't important. Wanting to be able to gank people who are geared for group play points to lack of skill period.

>

> Roamers do mostly more than you do pressing 1111 in a blob while they flip objectives,or try to kill you when you died and run back from spawn.

Even if that was how I played, this wouldn't be true.

[superior Battle Maul] this skill (or add an extra one) should not only dismount player, but targeted enemy also if he get hit by it. Enemy player has still 3 dodges to avoid this attack. Sad to say it , but mounts as they are right now are killing small scale fighting.

> @"Thelgar.7214" said:

> > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > @"Thelgar.7214" said:

> > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > @"Thelgar.7214" said:

> > > > > > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > > > @"Thelgar.7214" said:

> > > > > > > No option for Positive, but neutral about whether the mount existed or not. I didn't get mine until after the patches, but i haven't had a problem with it. I don't really feel a lot (any actually) of sympathy for roamers who can't attack group-built characters running to their groups with their gank builds.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Have you ever considered that most roamers build to out sustain outnumbered fights (whether with mobility or build) since they're putting themselves at a disadvantage and that by putting yourself in group gear you're setting yourself up to kill people like those roamers... except for with a group. So you should be at a disadvantage anytime you're out of position and alone? That it is quite silly to say I can attack and group smaller than me and that is okay but anyone doing the same to me is a ganker? So in short just because you're not dying for your mistakes as often its a good change to you?

> > > > >

> > > > > You aren't putting yourself at a disadvantage when you're ganking people heading to their group in group builds. Nobody sets up their group to kill roamers. You're like roadkill - something people in groups don't really care about when it splatters, aside from finding it mildly amusing. It's silly to think you're so important that you're the reason people build groups. In short, you not being able to annoy people trying to get back to their groups makes it a good change for everyone else except roamers who gank people in group builds.

> > > >

> > > > I never said that you put yourself in group gear builds to deal with me specifically. Or even roamers. I said that by putting yourself in group gear you should easily handle a solo player while in a group. You're setting yourself up for success in that regards whether you had that in consideration or not. Just because you get attacked in a group build doesnt mean you got 'ganked'. It just means you were out of position. Somewhere you shouldn't have been, and someone with a build suited to kill you (or even just the skill) was in the right position to do so. Cheering for free movement without conflict in a pvp game mode is a bit odd at best and points to a lack of skill at the worst.

> > >

> > > Nobody cares about handling a solo player while in a group. You're an annoyance in a game mode in which you aren't important. Wanting to be able to gank people who are geared for group play points to lack of skill period.

> >

> > Okay but 1v1 me tho.

>

> Why? It's like showing how far you can kick a baseball in the middle of a baseball game. It's a worthless skill that just annoys the people trying to actually play the game.

Yikes. Worthless? LOL. Id imagine you'd not be annoyed if you had it. So I'm not sure on that one. Take it easy man. Dont get in too many fights.