Warclaw has improved the Quality of Roaming

EremiteAngel.9765

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > @"Opal.9324" said:

> > > Where is the honor in a mounted zerg running down a solo roamer who either doesn't have a mount yet or is stuck in combat?

> > > Pick on someone your size!

> > >

> >

> > A roamer on an mount in his own territory can escape from the Zerg

>

> Didn't know you could mount up if you didnt own one or were stuck in combat, would you mind posting a video showing me how to do so?

Than u may wanna get that expansion ur complain is like u can’t be top wvw because u don’t own Firebrand or Scourge. This is an Mount topic not I don’t own the xpact what u complain next u can’t follow the commander bcs u cannot glide ?

Buy the x pact it’s not that expensive and ur mount problem is solved

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > > @"Opal.9324" said:

> > > > Where is the honor in a mounted zerg running down a solo roamer who either doesn't have a mount yet or is stuck in combat?

> > > > Pick on someone your size!

> > > >

> > >

> > > A roamer on an mount in his own territory can escape from the Zerg

> >

> > Didn't know you could mount up if you didnt own one or were stuck in combat, would you mind posting a video showing me how to do so?

>

> Than u may wanna get that expansion ur complain is like u can’t be top wvw because u don’t own Firebrand or Scourge. This is an Mount topic not I don’t own the xpact what u complain next u can’t follow the commander bcs u cannot glide ?

>

> Buy the x pact it’s not that expensive and ur mount problem is solved

I have both expansions and your comment is just "what?"...

read again my man, you clearly misread.

> > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > > > @"Opal.9324" said:

> > > > > Where is the honor in a mounted zerg running down a solo roamer who either doesn't have a mount yet or is stuck in combat?

> > > > > Pick on someone your size!

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > A roamer on an mount in his own territory can escape from the Zerg

> > >

> > > Didn't know you could mount up if you didnt own one or were stuck in combat, would you mind posting a video showing me how to do so?

> >

> > Than u may wanna get that expansion ur complain is like u can’t be top wvw because u don’t own Firebrand or Scourge. This is an Mount topic not I don’t own the xpact what u complain next u can’t follow the commander bcs u cannot glide ?

> >

> > Buy the x pact it’s not that expensive and ur mount problem is solved

>

> I have both expansions and your comment is just "what?"...

>

> read again my man.

Than it’s a ltp issue I escape mounts just fine I have that thing called eyes and see a Zerg coming my way. And even than could u escaped an Zerg before mounts ? Stop crying the mount hate is getting embarrassing

> > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > @"Opal.9324" said:

> > > Where is the honor in a mounted zerg running down a solo roamer who either doesn't have a mount yet or is stuck in combat?

> > >

> >

>

> Didn't know you could mount up if you didnt own one or were stuck in combat, would you mind posting a video showing me how to do so?

Didn't know you could mount up if you didnt own one or were stuck in combat, would you mind posting a video showing me how to do so?

Which part is not saying u have no mount ?

> @"displayname.8315" said:

> > @"ventusthunder.5067" said:

> > People act like roamers are actually what's wrong with this gamemode. It is perfectly fair, reasonable, and has been in the game since launch that a small-scale built player could take down a zergling easily.

>

> If you work off that assumption then some of the pro-gank arguments are true. In my experience a good player with a more traditional WvW build can do well enough, or can get away with ease, or can outplay sometimes.

>

> Most of the people who go down are newbs. Boring for both parties involved. Guys need to pay attention to rank. If I see a no-rank spamming 1 and moving terribly I let them go. I see others doing the same in fights sometimes.

>

> But whatever if you want to be mean to the newbs its a sandbox mode after all.

>

>

I prefer good fights against other capable players without a doubt, and that has never changed. However, I'm referring to the garbage "havoc" groups who will never fight even numbers with this comment in addition to zerglings. The game has become even easier to play for these players who do nothing but outnumber- meanwhile it's harder to pick off these players in 1v1 scenarios considering they just hightail it off.

I don't really gank noobs unless it's a scenario where I need participation. But catching zerglings and catching subpar "havoc" 3v1ers off guard has been part of the game since its inception and that is what is dying here. Quality of roaming fights has not gone up at all, simply because the quantity of said fights has somehow decreased even more.

> @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > Where is the honor in a mounted zerg running down a solo roamer who either doesn't have a mount yet or is stuck in combat?

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > Didn't know you could mount up if you didnt own one or were stuck in combat, would you mind posting a video showing me how to do so?

>

>

> Which part is not saying u have no mount ?

"Where is the honor in a mounted zerg running down a solo roamer who either doesn't have a mount yet or is stuck in combat?

Pick on someone your size!"

"A roamer on an mount in his own territory can escape from the Zerg"

"Didn't know you could mount up if you didnt own one or were stuck in combat, would you mind posting a video showing me how to do so?"

was the full conversation.

I'm just asking for the video of a mountless person who is in combat to mount up, Id like to know how that is done.

> @"Ezrael.6859" said:

> Warclaw has completely ruined the quality of roaming. OP is a poor Necro player that doesn't fight well and has complained about Necro mobility since day 1.

my initial thoughts behind why his posts evolved around necro mobility and roaming was because he was an actual roamer. Now, im just alittle dismayed to find out he was only complaining because he was getting picked off continuously trying to get to his 40man+ tag.

> @"Xtinct.7031" said:

> > @"Ezrael.6859" said:

> > Warclaw has completely ruined the quality of roaming. OP is a poor Necro player that doesn't fight well and has complained about Necro mobility since day 1.

>

> my initial thoughts behind why his posts evolved around necro mobility and roaming was because he was an actual roamer. Now, im just alittle dismayed to find out he was only complaining because he was getting picked off continuously trying to get to his 40man+ tag.

Didn't want to assume anything but why am I not surprised? The mount greatly favours that one type of player. No matter how much people want to deny that fact. I mostly play in closed tags these days, running my slow ass Firebrand. Should I start telling people how great of an addition the mount is and that it must be true as all of the other Firebrands seem to agree with me? Would have to laugh at myself.

At least the person who was asking about a "combat toggle" before had been honest about their intentions.

> @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > @"Opal.9324" said:

> > Where is the honor in a mounted zerg running down a solo roamer who either doesn't have a mount yet or is stuck in combat?

> > Pick on someone your size!

> >

>

> A roamer on an mount in his own territory can escape from the Zerg

Notice how I said "who either doesn't have a mount yet or is stuck in combat"

btw I have PoF. Doesn't change the fact that I can't mount in combat, and usually when I am stuck in combat, it's not in my territory because I'm most likely trying to cap something. That, or I'm fighting someone I ran into on the way to something I wanted to cap, and 9 times out of 10 that happens when I'm in enemy territory and not when I'm in my own territory.

Scouting Keeps and Towers?

Flipping and Defending Supply camps?

Shadowing enemy Zergs?

Walking or killing Dolyaks?

Refreshing Siege?

~~Repairing walls and gates?~~

Ninja-ing enemy Towers and Keeps?

~~Picking on the tails of enemy Zergs?~~

Tapping Keeps to contest Waypoints?

~~Trolling?~~

+1 a fight?

More diverse builds because MS traits/runes are now not mandatory?

Testing your skills against other Roamers who want to fight?

~~Stomping Zerglings who don't want to fight?~~

> @"Opal.9324" said:

> > @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > > @"Opal.9324" said:

> > >

> >

>

> Notice how I said "who either doesn't have a mount yet or is stuck in combat"

> btw I have PoF. Doesn't change the fact that I can't mount in combat, and usually when I am stuck in combat, it's not in my territory because I'm most likely trying to cap something. That, or I'm fighting someone I ran into on the way to something I wanted to cap, and 9 times out of 10 that happens when I'm in enemy territory and not when I'm in my own territory.

Again could u escape an Zerg before mount ? Except u have a thief or stealth I doubt u could because the Zerg has for sure someone with ur speed or faster plus u be in combat.

So again what has changed ?

> @"ventusthunder.5067" said:

> > @"displayname.8315" said:

> > > @"ventusthunder.5067" said:

> > > People act like roamers are actually what's wrong with this gamemode. It is perfectly fair, reasonable, and has been in the game since launch that a small-scale built player could take down a zergling easily.

> >

> > If you work off that assumption then some of the pro-gank arguments are true. In my experience a good player with a more traditional WvW build can do well enough, or can get away with ease, or can outplay sometimes.

> >

> > Most of the people who go down are newbs. Boring for both parties involved. Guys need to pay attention to rank. If I see a no-rank spamming 1 and moving terribly I let them go. I see others doing the same in fights sometimes.

> >

> > But whatever if you want to be mean to the newbs its a sandbox mode after all.

> >

> >

>

> I prefer good fights against other capable players without a doubt, and that has never changed. However, I'm referring to the garbage "havoc" groups who will never fight even numbers with this comment in addition to zerglings. The game has become even easier to play for these players who do nothing but outnumber- meanwhile it's harder to pick off these players in 1v1 scenarios considering they just hightail it off.

>

> I don't really gank noobs unless it's a scenario where I need participation. But catching zerglings and catching subpar "havoc" 3v1ers off guard has been part of the game since its inception and that is what is dying here. Quality of roaming fights has not gone up at all, simply because the quantity of said fights has somehow decreased even more.

Ahh catching "those" types of people hehe. I know it feels good to kill those rebel scum but the "don't chase" still applies. They need to attack the camp, or put down a catapult on a tower. Can't just stay on mount and run away all day gotta fight. If roamers are playing the map they will show up to help. Or make a map call if you feel like it. If they leave go take their camp, and take their tower. You get your fights then, fun fun.

Chasing them plays into their build style. If you can't close the deal while their on foot leave it to a roamer who is built for that.. like a S/D DD theif, DD ele, most mesmers, engies can have massive gap closers.

The sprits bless you my friend , i run mostly on Zerg build on my Guard , Warclaw made my charrdian life easy

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> Except the last one.

> You can't catch and stomp on Zerglings who don't want to fight that easily anymore!

> And I say that is a GOOD thing!

>

> Where is the honor in stomping a Zergling who isn't able to fight back!?

> Where is the glory in jumping on someone who isn't built for roaming!?

> Pick on someone your size!

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> Disagree.

>

> None of what you call improvements are such in my opinion. The reduction of fun in the game mode means less play time in wvw and the game overall (for me). Less play time means less money spent.

>

> BTW, if you do not look down on zerglings then how do you justify your attitude toward them here?

For what it’s worth:

> @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > @"displayname.8315" said:

> > These discussions really show just how many "roamers" spend all their time picking soft targets with no real challenge. Or used to.

> >

> > I know most of the real talent left the game long ago but this is just sad.

>

> This discussion was made by a soft target pretending to be a roamer... so.... there is that.

> @"Balsa.3951" said:

> > @"Opal.9324" said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > Notice how I said "who either doesn't have a mount yet or is stuck in combat"

> > btw I have PoF. Doesn't change the fact that I can't mount in combat, and usually when I am stuck in combat, it's not in my territory because I'm most likely trying to cap something. That, or I'm fighting someone I ran into on the way to something I wanted to cap, and 9 times out of 10 that happens when I'm in enemy territory and not when I'm in my own territory.

>

> Again could u escape an Zerg before mount ? Except u have a thief or stealth I doubt u could because the Zerg has for sure someone with ur speed or faster plus u be in combat.

>

> So again what has changed ?

I don't wait until they are right up on me to start running. Before the mount I had time to get away or hide behind something if I saw them coming from a distance. That, and with zergs now zooming all over the map on mounts, the chances of getting caught by them while trying to cap something have significantly increased.

Wow...."Roamers" are upset because they have such high skill and honor that they can no longer "gank" people that aren't in a proper spec/build to be able to properly fight back....and its harder to 2v1 and 3v1 pve'ers because they can get away....sounds like skill to me. If you want to fight skilled people 1v1 you still can, its just going to be harder to gank the people that don't want to be involved...

> @"Gamadorn.2670" said:

> Wow...."Roamers" are upset because they have such high skill and honor that they can no longer "gank" people that aren't in a proper spec/build to be able to properly fight back....and its harder to 2v1 and 3v1 pve'ers because they can get away....sounds like skill to me. If you want to fight skilled people 1v1 you still can, its just going to be harder to gank the people that don't want to be involved...

Warclaw made it much easier to outnumber ganking.

With more players, 1 player keep the target in combat while his allies chase with mount.

The only thing warclaw does is to promotes outnumbered ganking and PvP avoidance.

People now only choose fights they know they will win.

Which is exactly the currently bandwagon meta and the reason why WvW is so bad right now.

> @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > @"Gamadorn.2670" said:

> > Wow...."Roamers" are upset because they have such high skill and honor that they can no longer "gank" people that aren't in a proper spec/build to be able to properly fight back....and its harder to 2v1 and 3v1 pve'ers because they can get away....sounds like skill to me. If you want to fight skilled people 1v1 you still can, its just going to be harder to gank the people that don't want to be involved...

>

> Warclaw made it much easier to outnumber ganking.

> With more players, 1 player keep the target in combat while his allies chase with mount.

> The only thing warclaw does is to promotes outnumbered ganking and PvP avoidance.

> People now only choose fights they know they will win.

>

> Which is exactly the currently bandwagon meta and the reason why WvW is so bad right now.

Just had a player stalled a camp from getting capped for minutes from a group of 3. Making use of the terrain, LoS angles, leaps and CC immunity. :+1:

From my experience, played a game of cat and mouse on mounts (1v3) around the middle ruins for 15mins. Tips : Use the leap to dodge attacks, NOT for the sake to create distance. The mount speed is fast enough to outrun them when they dismount to get you out of combat to regen (Leap = dodge, do not burn dodge unnecessarily).

> @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > @"Gamadorn.2670" said:

> > > Wow...."Roamers" are upset because they have such high skill and honor that they can no longer "gank" people that aren't in a proper spec/build to be able to properly fight back....and its harder to 2v1 and 3v1 pve'ers because they can get away....sounds like skill to me. If you want to fight skilled people 1v1 you still can, its just going to be harder to gank the people that don't want to be involved...

> >

> > Warclaw made it much easier to outnumber ganking.

> > With more players, 1 player keep the target in combat while his allies chase with mount.

> > The only thing warclaw does is to promotes outnumbered ganking and PvP avoidance.

> > People now only choose fights they know they will win.

> >

> > Which is exactly the currently bandwagon meta and the reason why WvW is so bad right now.

>

> Just had a player stalled a camp from getting capped for minutes from a group of 3. Making use of the terrain, LoS angles, leaps and CC immunity. :+1:

> From my experience, played a game of cat and mouse on mounts (1v3) around the middle ruins for 15mins. Tips : Use the leap to dodge attacks, NOT for the sake to create distance. The mount speed is fast enough to outrun them when they dismount to get you out of combat to regen (Leap = dodge, do not burn dodge unnecessarily).

>

Wow who would've thought that running in circles could be that much fun ?

I already suggested something but no one seemed to care about

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/68922/wvw-suggestion#latest