SAB HYPE TRAIN !!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > I have no idea what sab is, as a newer player im sure i will be totally lost.

>

> All you need to know is that it has "awesome graphics"

Cool, im more concerned with figuring out what to do. A lot of these events leave new players completely lost we wind up not getting anything done because we dont have a clue

> @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > > I have no idea what sab is, as a newer player im sure i will be totally lost.

> >

> > All you need to know is that it has "awesome graphics"

>

> Cool, im more concerned with figuring out what to do. A lot of these events leave new players completely lost we wind up not getting anything done because we dont have a clue

You go to Rata Sum, enter the portal to the Super Adventure Box hub (top level where the big group of players will be massing around). You will have access to to 2 worlds there. Enter World 1 and you are what boils down to a retro style, 3D platformer. You run, you jump, you collect baubles (currency) and weapons. You'll love or hate it. ANything else you will work out as you progress.

I feel I should point out that they can continue the STORY of SAB without ever continuing the GAME of SAB.

At one point there was a bit extra you could access, where you got some very strong hints that there's more going on there than you and Moto know. It's not unreasonable that they could start following that storyline to add in some content, even if they can't make an actual World 3.

Now... will they? Meh... maybe?

--yaawwwnn-- I beat it once....never played it again. For the new players, it was actually developed as being part of a joke(hence April Fool's) but it gained a more substantial following then what was thought. I mean it's not even good 8-bit, it looks so cheesy. Too blocky! Mario Bros, Zelda and the like at least had CURVES in their 8-bit objects. Plus, some of the platforming stuff is gimmicky as you-know-what. Some mechanics just felt like they were shoved in there.

Still, I acknowledge that people love it. I (as always) will skip it once again.

> @"Gopaka.7839" said:

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > That's rare picture found on deviantart (Alemja) is proving that at least rytlock is enjoying SAB:

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/KvUbI28.jpg)

> >

> > I also love the Anet trailer for SAB and how it's done, very funny and amazing:

> >

>

> Also this gem !

>

> https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/rampage/index.html

Yup rytlock critter rampage is awesome too. With all the referances to him I think they could just add him in front of the box in Rata Sun with its special glasses. At least a third boom box with rytlock critter rampage theme from Dusk.

> @"Gopaka.7839" said:

> > @"Tyncale.1629" said:

> > I think there should be an even easier kiddy level so that I can finally complete it. :)

> Wasn't there an infantile mode with clouds everywhere and rainbow bridges?

> > @"MetalGirl.2370" said:

> > Oh yeah, I'm so hyped to repeat the same content for I don't know what year in a row. What is the hype for if there are no new worlds.

> So what you are saying is that you want a new world from the festival or you wont play it ?

>

He says he doesn’t feel hyped by recycled content that’s fair enough

> @"Gopaka.7839" said:

> Where is the SAB announcement btw ? Is there going to be a new black lion chest with the upcoming festival? Would love to know in advance for future preparations.

Every festival got an updated BLC, so this one will most likely also get one.

> @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > > I have no idea what sab is, as a newer player im sure i will be totally lost.

> >

> > All you need to know is that it has "awesome graphics"

>

> Cool, im more concerned with figuring out what to do. A lot of these events leave new players completely lost we wind up not getting anything done because we dont have a clue

Super Adventure Box is one of a kind. A true game within the game. People either love it or don't care for it at all, there doesn't seem to be much middle ground ;) .

The origin (as somebody already mentioned) was April Fool's Day 2013, when those weird pixel chests appeared all over Tyria and pixelated mobs would burst out of them if you tried to open it. At the same time, the box itself (a kind of cube that you might've seen standing in Rata Sum, near the portal to Lion's Arch) was opened by it's creator, Moto, who built the world inside as a training ground for young Asura.

SAB was expanded with its 2nd release (September 2013) and converted to a yearly festival later on (2016). It follows a lot of the rules of old games in the late 80s and early 90s, like unlocking zone access and skills as you play (via currency you collect inside the box). If you want to describe it in one sentence, it's a gigantic jumping puzzle. Check out the [sAB wiki page](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Super_Adventure_Box "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Super_Adventure_Box") for technical details, or [Youtube](https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=super+adventure+box "Youtube") for some visual impressions.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> At the same time, the box itself (a kind of cube that you might've seen standing in Rata Sum, near the portal to Lion's Arch) was opened by it's creator, Moto, who built the world inside as a training ground for young Asura.

Did someone said Moto ?!

> @"zityz.6089" said:

> would be nice if they had updated it. Only new thing I can see are Gem store SAB themed mount skins.

Somebody suggested an SAB-themed chair earlier in the thread, and ever since I read that suggestion I've been hoping that ANet had the same idea. Preferably as a new buy option for bauble bubbles, although I'd probably get it from the gemstore, too ;) .

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> But we didn't get any announcement so far, are you sure it'll be released in March?

Super Adventure Festival 2016

March 31, 2016 - April 19, 2016

Super Adventure Festival 2017

March 30, 2017 - April 20, 2017

Super Adventure Festival 2018

March 29, 2018 - April 19, 2018

I'm positive.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > @"Tiviana.2650" said:

> > > > I have no idea what sab is, as a newer player im sure i will be totally lost.

> > >

> > > All you need to know is that it has "awesome graphics"

> >

> > Cool, im more concerned with figuring out what to do. A lot of these events leave new players completely lost we wind up not getting anything done because we dont have a clue

>

> You go to Rata Sum, enter the portal to the Super Adventure Box hub (top level where the big group of players will be massing around). You will have access to to 2 worlds there. ~snip

Just want to precise,if it hasn't been the case before, that the get hub contains 4 world entrances, but only 2 are interact-able since w3 and 4 aren't made, a shame. I hope they bring back world 3-1 with the moto lab in rata sum.(was only available during back to school edition. Btw don't remember those pixel chests around tyria..)