[Observation] Warrior is the least played class in GW2

Hitman.5829

> @Star.8401 said:

> Guardian was 9% on the poll, Warrior 8%

> Engineer 5%, and Revenant 4%

>

> You can't base a statement of fact that warrior is the least played off of that. Also having the most posts in a profession forum can be due to a number of things. Those players might be the most vocal about their class, OR people that don't play the class are making posts and commenting on how it should be nerfed.

>

> OP has nothing to back up this statement that Warrior is the least played class.

> "Real warriors don't waste time talking out our problems, we just smash things"

Like I said, revenant was added later to the game. Warrior and engineer are the least discussed in the forum with the least comments. At the time of this poll, warrior had the least percentage, but I guess we have trolls in the forums that are willing to manipulate a poll just to troll.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Hitman.5829 said:

> At the time of this poll, warrior had the least percentage, but I guess we have trolls in the forums that are willing to manipulate a poll just to troll.

If the poll doesn't agree with your narrative it MUST be the polls fault right? there MUST be a group of people out there to get you and prove you wrong about warriors.

#WarriorConspiracy2017

> @Hitman.5829 said:

> > @Star.8401 said:

> > Guardian was 9% on the poll, Warrior 8%

> > Engineer 5%, and Revenant 4%

> >

> > You can't base a statement of fact that warrior is the least played off of that. Also having the most posts in a profession forum can be due to a number of things. Those players might be the most vocal about their class, OR people that don't play the class are making posts and commenting on how it should be nerfed.

> >

> > OP has nothing to back up this statement that Warrior is the least played class.

> > "Real warriors don't waste time talking out our problems, we just smash things"

>

> Like I said, revenant was added later to the game. Warrior and engineer are the least discussed in the forum with the least comments. At the time of this poll, warrior had the least percentage, but I guess we have trolls in the forums that are willing to manipulate a poll just to troll.

Yes, you poll failed because people rallied to lie and post false results! ... or perhaps you don't understand what 'statistically significant' means.

• 2 weeks later...

wouldn't it be possible to get some information from gw2 efficiency? there are ALL sorts of sheets and tables. i assume it would be an easy attempt to get/calculate the playhours on professions and create a lot wider view than any of polls we have ingame?

maybe i am wrong and it isnt "that" easy... but it came to my mind first, sine gw2 effiiency already provides us with so man sweet tables/graphs.

if it is against any anet-agenda it could be tweaked to not show exact numbers and names and rather a table of the combined playhours on professions.

> @"Aetatis.5418" said:

> wouldn't it be possible to get some information from gw2 efficiency? there are ALL sorts of sheets and tables. i assume it would be an easy attempt to get/calculate the playhours on professions and create a lot wider view than any of polls we have ingame?

> maybe i am wrong and it isnt "that" easy... but it came to my mind first, sine gw2 effiiency already provides us with so man sweet tables/graphs.

> if it is against any anet-agenda it could be tweaked to not show exact numbers and names and rather a table of the combined playhours on professions.

>

>

Did you see my link?

Sure I've seen the link.

I've also seen the wannabe pie chart from the devs. But without explanation/information on what it shows I can't tell what it means.

Is it characters created? Is it playtime? Is it professions logged in atleast once in the last 24h ? ( + the colours are somewhat not 100% clear to me. I am only 100% sure with guard, Mesmer and warrior. Elementalist is the light red ? Light green is ranger ? Black... Rev? Dark red thief? Brown engineer? Dark green necro?)

It feels like science on TV ... Giving you a hint on something that can be misinterpreted in various (!!!) ways. Information so broken down for the masses, that the meaning is questionable.

Maybe I am overthinking or literally haven't seen a sentence in between for clarification. Possible ^^ idk ... Really!

> @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > @Star.8401 said:

> > Guardian was 9% on the poll, Warrior 8%

> > Engineer 5%, and Revenant 4%

> >

> > You can't base a statement of fact that warrior is the least played off of that. Also having the most posts in a profession forum can be due to a number of things. Those players might be the most vocal about their class, OR people that don't play the class are making posts and commenting on how it should be nerfed.

> >

> > OP has nothing to back up this statement that Warrior is the least played class.

> > "Real warriors don't waste time talking out our problems, we just smash things"

>

> Like I said, revenant was added later to the game. Warrior and engineer are the least discussed in the forum with the least comments. At the time of this poll, warrior had the least percentage, but I guess we have trolls in the forums that are willing to manipulate a poll just to troll.

Your "evidence" is correlational, at best:

1. People posting on the forum do not represent the entirety, or even the majority, of the game's playerbase.

2. Responses to that poll are self-reported. If you know anything about statistics, that's a good way to get lots of errors.

3. People come onto the forums typically to complain or ask for help. These groups do not represent the majority of players.

If we were to take an actual look at the representation in the game (based on majority of time spent on a character), I suspect this would be the list of usership:

Least played three:

* Revenant / Engineer / Mesmer

Moderately played three:

* Ranger / Thief / Elementalist

Most played three:

* Necromancer / Warrior / Guardian

> @"Aetatis.5418" said:

> Sure I've seen the link.

> I've also seen the wannabe pie chart from the devs. But without explanation/information on what it shows I can't tell what it means.

> Is it characters created? Is it playtime? Is it professions logged in atleast once in the last 24h ? ( + the colours are somewhat not 100% clear to me. I am only 100% sure with guard, Mesmer and warrior. Elementalist is the light red ? Light green is ranger ? Black... Rev? Dark red thief? Brown engineer? Dark green necro?)

>

> It feels like science on TV ... Giving you a hint on something that can be misinterpreted in various (!!!) ways. Information so broken down for the masses, that the meaning is questionable.

>

>

> Maybe I am overthinking or literally haven't seen a sentence in between for clarification. Possible ^^ idk ... Really!

That pie chart do tell wath class has for colour if you see on the page. ( ''What is the % class distribution in-game right now?''

''Too many questions :) I'll answer the last one- https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9roPzaUwAAEMDF.jpg help= https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2_Wiki:Color_schemes Not going to give raw numbers here :) The current class representation is SIGNIFICANTLY more balanced than it was at launch.'')

orange= warrior , blue= guard, purple=mesmer, dark/blueish green= necro, green= ranger

> @"Robban.1256" said:

> > @"Aetatis.5418" said:

> > Sure I've seen the link.

> > I've also seen the wannabe pie chart from the devs. But without explanation/information on what it shows I can't tell what it means.

> > Is it characters created? Is it playtime? Is it professions logged in atleast once in the last 24h ? ( + the colours are somewhat not 100% clear to me. I am only 100% sure with guard, Mesmer and warrior. Elementalist is the light red ? Light green is ranger ? Black... Rev? Dark red thief? Brown engineer? Dark green necro?)

> >

> > It feels like science on TV ... Giving you a hint on something that can be misinterpreted in various (!!!) ways. Information so broken down for the masses, that the meaning is questionable.

> >

> >

> > Maybe I am overthinking or literally haven't seen a sentence in between for clarification. Possible ^^ idk ... Really!

>

> That pie chart do tell wath class has for colour if you see on the page. ( ''What is the % class distribution in-game right now?''

> ''Too many questions :) I'll answer the last one- https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9roPzaUwAAEMDF.jpg help= https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2_Wiki:Color_schemes Not going to give raw numbers here :) The current class representation is SIGNIFICANTLY more balanced than it was at launch.'')

> orange= warrior , blue= guard, purple=mesmer, dark/blueish green= necro, green= ranger

the colours dont fit the explanation link... i can assume and i am 90% sure. but not a 100%. especially when you see the table for colours used for the professions thief, engineer and rev. they are all somewhat in a range that could lead to confusion. oh and grey/black is used for "any"...

and i still miss the explanation on **what** the pie-chart shows. class representation can mean anything.

i think the majority of the players answering in this thread wondered about the "playtime"-distribution (hence the assumption of the OP warrior is the least common profession) and not the "professions created".

professions created is OFC a lot more equal, because most players want to have/test many professions...

as you can see, as long as i dont know WHAT is shown on the pie chart, it is (almost) completely useless to me :)

> @"Choppy.4183" said:

> > @"jester iv.2618" said:

> > i swear to god wars are always QQing when you guys are op u QQ, when you are nerfed QQ, i see why devs ignore forums now.

>

> Hey now, don't cast us all in the same light. Some of us defend nerfs when warranted, and even call for them from to time. Some of us think the class is in a relatively strong place too.

It's usually the same person that starts all the QQ threads, and they're on a very dominate wvw server so they have nothing else to QQ about.

This is blowing me away, mostly because of how badly the OP trying to find someway to play the victim card.

1.) The amount of comments in a forum is in no way indicative of the amount of actual use a class has. Maybe warriors just didn't have a lot to talk about instead of there being some GRAND CONSPIRACY.

2.) You're talking about a subjective poll that in no way uses a sample base large enough to prove anything.

Frankly all I can say is my experience which is, in any mode I go into at any time I see warriors often. WvW, PvP, T4 or CM fractals, Raids, all of it, they're all there and they all do very very well. So imo I have no idea what you're talking about and it REALLY feels like you're being overly dramatic and trying to make that "poor me" card work.

My anecdotal evidence is just in my daily playing the game. In open world, fractals, and wvw I see WAY more wars in the squad than engi.

Sometimes I'm the only engi in a squad of 50, with 5+ wars.

This is pretty much daily.

So according to my interpretation engi is the least play class, I believe due to how you needed to be Mozart to get the most out of it for years.