> > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Just to clarify :

> > > > > > > > > > Ganker - is a player who wants to kills mostly ,unaware zergers who cant fight back.

> > > > > > > > > > Roamer - is a player who mostly likes to pvp and runs around the map taking objectives in order to find a other people to fight.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > can you clarify how you determine if a player 'can fight back' ?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > the reason all these threads are going into 'you are all gankers' is that you guys claim, that you only seek challanging fights and not easy fights. but then you said you need tools to force the fight. now for me a challanging opponent needs the interest to fight me, a build to fight me and the experience to pose a challange. such an opponent will hardly ever run away.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Given the skill of a average WvW player If you only pick "challenging" fights you will end up fighting against the same 3-4 players all the time. Thats why i think people come to WvW seeking out duels.

> > > > > > > If people are not in their respective tag and they're bad they should be dead

> > > > > > > > > i mostly fight around objectives and dont really seek fights, while i dont elude reasonable fights. this usually deals with the awkward situation of both being on mounts and will go straight to a fight. i like mounts to avoid larger groups as they reduced other options to do so over the years, they may remove em if they gimme my stealth back on a viable solo build ;) .

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yeah you can avoid larger groups on a mount, but If you are fighting someone and still stuck in combat, a large group will come to you you'll end up most likely dead, maybe thiefs can manage to escape, other classes/builds....not so much

> > > > > > > > > i think it just takes some time for roamers to adjust to mounts. before the mounts, if you were not on a heavily stealth using build, people engaged each other right away on sight 'kill it before it gets away' . right now you can abuse this mindset to kill plenty roamers. for example the other day i was on my core thief and there was a rev coming my way, i was riding towards him and didnt have in mind to elude the fight. the moment he got in range he used is shiro port and tried to oneshot my mount. i dodged that ofc and then proceeded to use every dodge/HP my mount has to drain him off energy and CDs, to show him that he was simply too aggressive. with no dodge left and 200 HP i dismounted myself to avoid the CC and had an easy kill.

> > > > > > > > > just use some 'trash skill' (low cooldown/resources) to show your interest in a fight and opponents posing a challange usually will dismount quickly. going about it too aggressively is just asking to abuse the mount to drain resources.

> > > > > > > I already adjusted my build, and i doubt im the only one who switched to a glass cannon to dismount people it will just be way more common in non-zerg builds

> > > > > > > > > fights you need to force are hardly a challange, i mean maybe forcing the fight is a challange now but the fight itself is not.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If they are out to venture on there own then it is presumed that they are capable of fighting back.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This ^

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > so you DO go for easy fights, as you wont fight just the same 3-4 players.

> > > > > > > Which is distinct from ganking from my perspective, a ganker is a player who is looking for a **easy fight** against people who cant fight back. which IMO is the main difference between gankers and roamers.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I fight ANYONE who i come across which lately due to the new influx of newbies i hardly find someone worth fighting and believe me i dont really like stomping newbies i'd rather have a fight worth fighting.

> > > > > I just want to PvP in a open world and If i cant fight without HAVE to rely on teammates to succed in a fight(SPvP and zerging), im done with gw2.

> > > >

> > > > its all good, just the roamers do feel offended too easily when they are called gankers. i mean i dont have an issue to just admit that most people i kill didnt have a chance to begin with. the threads lead to nowhere aslong as so many claim they only fight people that do have a chance and when you ask em, they actually do kill alot of helpless targets.

> > >

> > > I think it comes down to intent more than anything. A group of roamers killing people coming back from respawn to help out the servers commander flipping a T3 structure that's been annoying them all day is in my book generally fine, they're doing what they can for the good of their server, but to a lot of zerglings looks like ganking.

> > >

> > > Groups of 3-5 running around with high stealth constantly targeting smaller and solo players and running from an even fight? Yeah that's gankers.

> >

> > that is ganking for you. if you ask different people you will get different answers as to what is ganking.

> > so the result is that these threads all get lost into a debate what is ganking and what is not ganking in order to justify changes to the mount or turn them down.

> > i think it would be easier to accept that many of the roaming encounters will be considerd ganking by some and go by how that is part of the mode and therefor you need changes. but right now in all these threads roamers back off rightaway when someone calls it ganking, that wont lead em far in this debate.

> > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Just to clarify :

> > > > > > > > > > Ganker - is a player who wants to kills mostly ,unaware zergers who cant fight back.

> > > > > > > > > > Roamer - is a player who mostly likes to pvp and runs around the map taking objectives in order to find a other people to fight.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > can you clarify how you determine if a player 'can fight back' ?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > the reason all these threads are going into 'you are all gankers' is that you guys claim, that you only seek challanging fights and not easy fights. but then you said you need tools to force the fight. now for me a challanging opponent needs the interest to fight me, a build to fight me and the experience to pose a challange. such an opponent will hardly ever run away.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Given the skill of a average WvW player If you only pick "challenging" fights you will end up fighting against the same 3-4 players all the time. Thats why i think people come to WvW seeking out duels.

> > > > > > > If people are not in their respective tag and they're bad they should be dead

> > > > > > > > > i mostly fight around objectives and dont really seek fights, while i dont elude reasonable fights. this usually deals with the awkward situation of both being on mounts and will go straight to a fight. i like mounts to avoid larger groups as they reduced other options to do so over the years, they may remove em if they gimme my stealth back on a viable solo build ;) .

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yeah you can avoid larger groups on a mount, but If you are fighting someone and still stuck in combat, a large group will come to you you'll end up most likely dead, maybe thiefs can manage to escape, other classes/builds....not so much

> > > > > > > > > i think it just takes some time for roamers to adjust to mounts. before the mounts, if you were not on a heavily stealth using build, people engaged each other right away on sight 'kill it before it gets away' . right now you can abuse this mindset to kill plenty roamers. for example the other day i was on my core thief and there was a rev coming my way, i was riding towards him and didnt have in mind to elude the fight. the moment he got in range he used is shiro port and tried to oneshot my mount. i dodged that ofc and then proceeded to use every dodge/HP my mount has to drain him off energy and CDs, to show him that he was simply too aggressive. with no dodge left and 200 HP i dismounted myself to avoid the CC and had an easy kill.

> > > > > > > > > just use some 'trash skill' (low cooldown/resources) to show your interest in a fight and opponents posing a challange usually will dismount quickly. going about it too aggressively is just asking to abuse the mount to drain resources.

> > > > > > > I already adjusted my build, and i doubt im the only one who switched to a glass cannon to dismount people it will just be way more common in non-zerg builds

> > > > > > > > > fights you need to force are hardly a challange, i mean maybe forcing the fight is a challange now but the fight itself is not.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If they are out to venture on there own then it is presumed that they are capable of fighting back.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This ^

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > so you DO go for easy fights, as you wont fight just the same 3-4 players.

> > > > > > > Which is distinct from ganking from my perspective, a ganker is a player who is looking for a **easy fight** against people who cant fight back. which IMO is the main difference between gankers and roamers.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I fight ANYONE who i come across which lately due to the new influx of newbies i hardly find someone worth fighting and believe me i dont really like stomping newbies i'd rather have a fight worth fighting.

> > > > > I just want to PvP in a open world and If i cant fight without HAVE to rely on teammates to succed in a fight(SPvP and zerging), im done with gw2.

> > > >

> > > > its all good, just the roamers do feel offended too easily when they are called gankers. i mean i dont have an issue to just admit that most people i kill didnt have a chance to begin with. the threads lead to nowhere aslong as so many claim they only fight people that do have a chance and when you ask em, they actually do kill alot of helpless targets.

> > >

> > > I dont mind being called a ganker, i was forced to turn into one in order to still enjoy the game when in bored of zerging or there's are no tags running.

> > > Thanks to Warclaw

> >

> > then embrace being a ganker and defend your playstyle.

>

> Im defending my playstyle, thats why the title of this thread is homeless **roamers**

> Before i could join a zerg, a havoc or solo roam but now its just about blobs or ganking squads

>

correct its homeless roamers. then you proceed in claiming that roaming is looking for fights but not ganking. ganking is when you kill easy targets. meaning you defend the fights against people that are not easy targets, those rare cases are not affected much by the mount tho wich then makes your entire post seem complaining about a non issue.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Just to clarify :

> > > > > > > > > > > Ganker - is a player who wants to kills mostly ,unaware zergers who cant fight back.

> > > > > > > > > > > Roamer - is a player who mostly likes to pvp and runs around the map taking objectives in order to find a other people to fight.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > can you clarify how you determine if a player 'can fight back' ?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > the reason all these threads are going into 'you are all gankers' is that you guys claim, that you only seek challanging fights and not easy fights. but then you said you need tools to force the fight. now for me a challanging opponent needs the interest to fight me, a build to fight me and the experience to pose a challange. such an opponent will hardly ever run away.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Given the skill of a average WvW player If you only pick "challenging" fights you will end up fighting against the same 3-4 players all the time. Thats why i think people come to WvW seeking out duels.

> > > > > > > > If people are not in their respective tag and they're bad they should be dead

> > > > > > > > > > i mostly fight around objectives and dont really seek fights, while i dont elude reasonable fights. this usually deals with the awkward situation of both being on mounts and will go straight to a fight. i like mounts to avoid larger groups as they reduced other options to do so over the years, they may remove em if they gimme my stealth back on a viable solo build ;) .

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yeah you can avoid larger groups on a mount, but If you are fighting someone and still stuck in combat, a large group will come to you you'll end up most likely dead, maybe thiefs can manage to escape, other classes/builds....not so much

> > > > > > > > > > i think it just takes some time for roamers to adjust to mounts. before the mounts, if you were not on a heavily stealth using build, people engaged each other right away on sight 'kill it before it gets away' . right now you can abuse this mindset to kill plenty roamers. for example the other day i was on my core thief and there was a rev coming my way, i was riding towards him and didnt have in mind to elude the fight. the moment he got in range he used is shiro port and tried to oneshot my mount. i dodged that ofc and then proceeded to use every dodge/HP my mount has to drain him off energy and CDs, to show him that he was simply too aggressive. with no dodge left and 200 HP i dismounted myself to avoid the CC and had an easy kill.

> > > > > > > > > > just use some 'trash skill' (low cooldown/resources) to show your interest in a fight and opponents posing a challange usually will dismount quickly. going about it too aggressively is just asking to abuse the mount to drain resources.

> > > > > > > > I already adjusted my build, and i doubt im the only one who switched to a glass cannon to dismount people it will just be way more common in non-zerg builds

> > > > > > > > > > fights you need to force are hardly a challange, i mean maybe forcing the fight is a challange now but the fight itself is not.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If they are out to venture on there own then it is presumed that they are capable of fighting back.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > This ^

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > so you DO go for easy fights, as you wont fight just the same 3-4 players.

> > > > > > > > Which is distinct from ganking from my perspective, a ganker is a player who is looking for a **easy fight** against people who cant fight back. which IMO is the main difference between gankers and roamers.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I fight ANYONE who i come across which lately due to the new influx of newbies i hardly find someone worth fighting and believe me i dont really like stomping newbies i'd rather have a fight worth fighting.

> > > > > > I just want to PvP in a open world and If i cant fight without HAVE to rely on teammates to succed in a fight(SPvP and zerging), im done with gw2.

> > > > >

> > > > > its all good, just the roamers do feel offended too easily when they are called gankers. i mean i dont have an issue to just admit that most people i kill didnt have a chance to begin with. the threads lead to nowhere aslong as so many claim they only fight people that do have a chance and when you ask em, they actually do kill alot of helpless targets.

> > > >

> > > > I think it comes down to intent more than anything. A group of roamers killing people coming back from respawn to help out the servers commander flipping a T3 structure that's been annoying them all day is in my book generally fine, they're doing what they can for the good of their server, but to a lot of zerglings looks like ganking.

> > > >

> > > > Groups of 3-5 running around with high stealth constantly targeting smaller and solo players and running from an even fight? Yeah that's gankers.

> > >

> > > that is ganking for you. if you ask different people you will get different answers as to what is ganking.

> > > so the result is that these threads all get lost into a debate what is ganking and what is not ganking in order to justify changes to the mount or turn them down.

> > > i think it would be easier to accept that many of the roaming encounters will be considerd ganking by some and go by how that is part of the mode and therefor you need changes. but right now in all these threads roamers back off rightaway when someone calls it ganking, that wont lead em far in this debate.

> > > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Just to clarify :

> > > > > > > > > > > Ganker - is a player who wants to kills mostly ,unaware zergers who cant fight back.

> > > > > > > > > > > Roamer - is a player who mostly likes to pvp and runs around the map taking objectives in order to find a other people to fight.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > can you clarify how you determine if a player 'can fight back' ?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > the reason all these threads are going into 'you are all gankers' is that you guys claim, that you only seek challanging fights and not easy fights. but then you said you need tools to force the fight. now for me a challanging opponent needs the interest to fight me, a build to fight me and the experience to pose a challange. such an opponent will hardly ever run away.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Given the skill of a average WvW player If you only pick "challenging" fights you will end up fighting against the same 3-4 players all the time. Thats why i think people come to WvW seeking out duels.

> > > > > > > > If people are not in their respective tag and they're bad they should be dead

> > > > > > > > > > i mostly fight around objectives and dont really seek fights, while i dont elude reasonable fights. this usually deals with the awkward situation of both being on mounts and will go straight to a fight. i like mounts to avoid larger groups as they reduced other options to do so over the years, they may remove em if they gimme my stealth back on a viable solo build ;) .

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yeah you can avoid larger groups on a mount, but If you are fighting someone and still stuck in combat, a large group will come to you you'll end up most likely dead, maybe thiefs can manage to escape, other classes/builds....not so much

> > > > > > > > > > i think it just takes some time for roamers to adjust to mounts. before the mounts, if you were not on a heavily stealth using build, people engaged each other right away on sight 'kill it before it gets away' . right now you can abuse this mindset to kill plenty roamers. for example the other day i was on my core thief and there was a rev coming my way, i was riding towards him and didnt have in mind to elude the fight. the moment he got in range he used is shiro port and tried to oneshot my mount. i dodged that ofc and then proceeded to use every dodge/HP my mount has to drain him off energy and CDs, to show him that he was simply too aggressive. with no dodge left and 200 HP i dismounted myself to avoid the CC and had an easy kill.

> > > > > > > > > > just use some 'trash skill' (low cooldown/resources) to show your interest in a fight and opponents posing a challange usually will dismount quickly. going about it too aggressively is just asking to abuse the mount to drain resources.

> > > > > > > > I already adjusted my build, and i doubt im the only one who switched to a glass cannon to dismount people it will just be way more common in non-zerg builds

> > > > > > > > > > fights you need to force are hardly a challange, i mean maybe forcing the fight is a challange now but the fight itself is not.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If they are out to venture on there own then it is presumed that they are capable of fighting back.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > This ^

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > so you DO go for easy fights, as you wont fight just the same 3-4 players.

> > > > > > > > Which is distinct from ganking from my perspective, a ganker is a player who is looking for a **easy fight** against people who cant fight back. which IMO is the main difference between gankers and roamers.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I fight ANYONE who i come across which lately due to the new influx of newbies i hardly find someone worth fighting and believe me i dont really like stomping newbies i'd rather have a fight worth fighting.

> > > > > > I just want to PvP in a open world and If i cant fight without HAVE to rely on teammates to succed in a fight(SPvP and zerging), im done with gw2.

> > > > >

> > > > > its all good, just the roamers do feel offended too easily when they are called gankers. i mean i dont have an issue to just admit that most people i kill didnt have a chance to begin with. the threads lead to nowhere aslong as so many claim they only fight people that do have a chance and when you ask em, they actually do kill alot of helpless targets.

> > > >

> > > > I dont mind being called a ganker, i was forced to turn into one in order to still enjoy the game when in bored of zerging or there's are no tags running.

> > > > Thanks to Warclaw

> > >

> > > then embrace being a ganker and defend your playstyle.

> >

> > Im defending my playstyle, thats why the title of this thread is homeless **roamers**

> > Before i could join a zerg, a havoc or solo roam but now its just about blobs or ganking squads

> >

>

> correct its homeless roamers. then you proceed in claiming that roaming is looking for fights but not ganking. ganking is when you kill easy targets. meaning you defend the fights against people that are not easy targets, those rare cases are not affected much by the mount tho wich then makes your entire post seem complaining about a non issue.

Yes, those rare cases are not affect by the mount because the mount is the **CAUSE** they become rare cases

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> i think it just takes some time for roamers to adjust to mounts. before the mounts, if you were not on a heavily stealth using build, people engaged each other right away on sight 'kill it before it gets away' . right now you can abuse this mindset to kill plenty roamers. for example the other day i was on my core thief and there was a rev coming my way, i was riding towards him and didnt have in mind to elude the fight. the moment he got in range he used is shiro port and tried to oneshot my mount. i dodged that ofc and then proceeded to use every dodge/HP my mount has to drain him off energy and CDs, to show him that he was simply too aggressive. with no dodge left and 200 HP i dismounted myself to avoid the CC and had an easy kill.

I think this is exactly what people complain about. A rev was trying to initiate a fight and you self- admittedly dodged around on your mount abusing a cheese mechanic until he was out of energy. Then you quickly dismounted for the easy kill. In the past you would had actually had to fight him on even ground. The mount makes that almost impossible now. You say you were showing "him that he was too aggressive" but what should he have done, danced around in a mount circle jerk? That nonsense can last forever and just like your post pointed out, the aggressor tends to be at a disadvantage now. The mount fundamentally changes the way engagements happen and not for the better. Anet better fix it soon.

> @"spectrito.8513" said:

> A roamer is a player who run around the map seeking to take sentries, camps and **FIGHTS** whoever cross his path afterall it's a **PVP ENVIROMENT** and people should be willing to face a fight

I'll be sure to pass that along to real life soldiers..

NO!! get out of that Jeep.. I don't care if we're outnumbered 50 to 1.. you get behind that car and start shooting Jimmy.. you die like a man!!

Jokes aside.

WvW isn't just a PvP environment it's a Warzone environment.. retreating and combat avoidance are absolutely valid strategies in any War fictional or othewise.

Just because it's a game doesn't mean people should have to throw themselves into hopeless combat situations they know they can't win.

Avoiding combat.. and fleeing from combat is not a new thing for WvW... people have been doing that since the game released years ago.

Hell that's been the foundation of thief and mesmer playstyles for years thanks to thier excessive mobility and stealth mechanics.

The Warclaw has only put all classes and builds on a more even level for general mobility, and this has made WvW a lot less tedious for some.

I've certainly had more fun in WvW the last few weeks than I have in the last few years because of the Warclaw.

I'd say the pros of the Warclaw far outweigh the cons.. but that's just my opinon.

No more slow.. tedious running around to catch up with a zerg and likely dying 5 times before I reach them..

No more falling behind a zerg and being picked off by stalker..

No more boredom running around with little to no actual battles taking place..

Warclaw for me at least has fixed a lot of problems that really made me hate WvW.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> I'd say the pros of the Warclaw far outweigh the cons.. but that's just my opinon.

> No more slow.. tedious running around to catch up with a **zerg **and likely dying 5 times before I reach them..

> No more falling behind a **zerg** and being picked off by stalker..

> No more boredom running around with little to no actual battles taking place..

>

> Warclaw for me at least has fixed a lot of problems that really made me hate WvW.

Why are you posting in a homeless roamers post when you are clearly a Zergling in general.

2 out of your 3 pros for you is zerg based.

The last one is inconclusive but sounds like just makes you faster ard to get blob vs blob and not roaming.

You have posted in so many other post in wvw lately we get your opinion you just aren't one of this topic.

Warclaw for me at least has just added a lot more problems that really made me hate WvW.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > A roamer is a player who run around the map seeking to take sentries, camps and **FIGHTS** whoever cross his path afterall it's a **PVP ENVIROMENT** and people should be willing to face a fight

>

> I'll be sure to pass that along to real life soldiers..

> NO!! get out of that Jeep.. I don't care if we're outnumbered 50 to 1.. you get behind that car and start shooting Jimmy.. you die like a man!!

>

> Jokes aside.

> WvW isn't just a PvP environment it's a Warzone environment.. retreating and combat avoidance are absolutely valid strategies in any War fictional or othewise.

> Just because it's a game doesn't mean people should have to throw themselves into hopeless combat situations they know they can't win.

>

> Avoiding combat.. and fleeing from combat is not a new thing for WvW... people have been doing that since the game released years ago.

> Hell that's been the foundation of thief and mesmer playstyles for years thanks to thier excessive mobility and stealth mechanics.

Yes, running and fleeing are valid tatics but thieves and mesmers didnt have a 11k health motorcycle imune to cc

> The Warclaw has only put all classes and builds on a more even level for general mobility, and this has made WvW a lot less tedious for some.

> I've certainly had more fun in WvW the last few weeks than I have in the last few years because of the Warclaw.

>

> I'd say the pros of the Warclaw far outweigh the cons.. but that's just my opinon.

> No more slow.. tedious running around to catch up with a zerg and likely dying 5 times before I reach them..

I also zerg as a glass staff Weaver and i rarely died before reaching a zerg, most of the times i died, was to a malicious backstab, but once i was aware of him, It was no longer a issue, just avoid passing where he is.

> No more falling behind a zerg and being picked off by stalker..

If you fall behind your zerg you're doing something wrong

> No more boredom running around with little to no actual battles taking place..

>

I dont understand this, so If there's no battles taking place you will still be bored but now on a mount ?

> Warclaw for me at least has fixed a lot of problems that really made me hate WvW.

Aside mobility and picking fights you KNOW you are going to win....what Else?

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> The little bit of excitement and risk wvw had is basically gone now,it wont last long in this direction

I actually saw one grp of 3 dismount to fight our 5 for some reason not sure if that was planned Ego but yeah props...that pretty much the only grp in ebg for that.

We saw thieves running spawm sb, teleport then out of combat mounting also...love when some people say it levels the playing field but it doesn't change nothing.

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > Just to clarify :

> > Ganker - is a player who wants to kills mostly ,unaware zergers who cant fight back.

> > Roamer - is a player who mostly likes to pvp and runs around the map taking objectives in order to find a other people to fight.

>

> can you clarify how you determine if a player 'can fight back' ?

>

> the reason all these threads are going into 'you are all gankers' is that you guys claim, that you only seek challanging fights and not easy fights. but then you said you need tools to force the fight. now for me a challanging opponent needs the interest to fight me, a build to fight me and the experience to pose a challange. such an opponent will hardly ever run away.

>

> i mostly fight around objectives and dont really seek fights, while i dont elude reasonable fights. this usually deals with the awkward situation of both being on mounts and will go straight to a fight. i like mounts to avoid larger groups as they reduced other options to do so over the years, they may remove em if they gimme my stealth back on a viable solo build ;) .

>

> i think it just takes some time for roamers to adjust to mounts. before the mounts, if you were not on a heavily stealth using build, people engaged each other right away on sight 'kill it before it gets away' . right now you can abuse this mindset to kill plenty roamers. for example the other day i was on my core thief and there was a rev coming my way, i was riding towards him and didnt have in mind to elude the fight. the moment he got in range he used is shiro port and tried to oneshot my mount. i dodged that ofc and then proceeded to use every dodge/HP my mount has to drain him off energy and CDs, to show him that he was simply too aggressive. with no dodge left and 200 HP i dismounted myself to avoid the CC and had an easy kill.

> just use some 'trash skill' (low cooldown/resources) to show your interest in a fight and opponents posing a challange usually will dismount quickly. going about it too aggressively is just asking to abuse the mount to drain resources.

> fights you need to force are hardly a challange, i mean maybe forcing the fight is a challange now but the fight itself is not.

The way I determine it is: I'm waiting for them to attack me. If they do, they're fair game.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> Which tends to detract from the actual message, that mounts by in large have destroyed small scale fights at least from what I can see.

Small scale fights where all participiants want to fight each other still happen and are not destroyed by mounts.

> First of all i'm not even close to be a WvW veteran but in the last year i spent 90 % of my time in WvW mostly solo roaming and ocasionally zerging.

> Secondly i will define what i see as a roamer and what i do as one because some people are confused about what is roaming and what is ganking.

>

> A roamer is a player who run around the map seeking to take sentries, camps and **FIGHTS** whoever cross his path afterall it's a **PVP ENVIROMENT** and people should be willing to face a fight

> Which is distinct from ganking from my perspective, a ganker is a player who is looking for a **easy fight** against people who cant fight back. which IMO is the main difference between gankers and roamers.

>

> Just to clarify :

> Ganker - is a player who wants to kills mostly ,unaware zergers who cant fight back.

> Roamer - is a player who mostly likes to pvp and runs around the map taking objectives in order to find a other people to fight.

>

> People will say "If you like to pvp go to Spvp instead"

> Spvp is completely different :

> 1 - It's all about holding a circle

> 2 - You can play only with one friend

> 3 - You have to rely on people you don't know

> 4 - Restrict gear

> 5 - its only 5v5

> 6 - its stressful if you care to win

> Among many other things

>

> WvW give roamers the freedom Spvp doesnt

>

>

> In the current state Warclaw only promotes PvP avoidance and outnumbered ganking from the 2v1's up to (insert uneven number here) and cheese builds(mostly ranged) will be way more common because people will need more damage to dismount. While melee roamers are rendered useless.

>

> To give you an idea on what is happening.

> I only play weaver and used to solo roam a lot on a hybrid s/d and had a great time but because of mounts i cant play it anymore. I had to adapt so i saw myself forced to switch to FA glass cannon so i can dismount people with one combo and kill with another.

> What do you think will happen to roamers that used to play melee classes such as warrior and revenants ?

> If i had to guess they will play SB longbow or some other cheese build or just abandon the gamemode because for some people **THATS THE ONLY REASON THEY PLAY WvW.**

>

> I think thats why people think anyone who is not in a zerg is a ganker.

> Like me, people who used to roam had to adapt.

> It's really hard to solo roam nowadays people hardly walk alone you cant finish someone before 3~4 mounted enemies are coming to you , so again roamers adapted and started to run as a group

> It creates an enviroment with groups of glass cannon builds to dismount people

>

> There are pros and cons about the mount but as it is right now it harms more than it helps

>

> Warclaw needs some serious changes to not kill playstyles/builds/classes cuz right now melees are nearly useless as roamers creating this like this :

>

>

> "Just had a player stalled a camp from getting capped for minutes from a group of 3. Making use of the terrain, LoS angles, leaps and CC immunity. :+1:

> From my experience, played a game of cat and mouse on mounts (1v3) around the middle ruins for 15mins. Tips : Use the leap to dodge attacks, NOT for the sake to create distance. The mount speed is fast enough to outrun them when they dismount to get you out of combat to regen (Leap = dodge, do not burn dodge unnecessarily)."

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/71182/warclaw-has-improved-the-quality-of-roaming/p1

>

> And this

> "Pretty much that why you got sniff skill to check surrounding before dismount. I still solo roam and kill enemy home sentry but skipping camp and you can just ride back into friendly."

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/71399/warclaw-should-have-1-hp-and-1-dodge#latest

>

> People think roaming doesnt envolve fight and they are just avoiding it with their new toy.

>

>

> But if it's working as intended...

>

> **Welcome to Groupcheesingankingblob Wars 2**

>

Your definitions are right on. And I agree with you about the changes and need to adapt, but so far, it's been a positive experience imo.

I roam mostly and before the warclaw, mainly for the pips in outmanned maps. Before on outmanned maps that usually meant just me and the enemy blobs. My build had to have a lot of mobility to escape the blobs and get to the other end of the map.

Now with the Warclaw i've been able to get rid of some of the mobility and have even started dusting off my Necro and Warrior to play again. I'm enjoying running into the small group action that seems to happen spontaneously now. Even zergs are kind of fun again.

There are less single fights atm. And that is a shame, but some of that is due to more players. Once the shine wears off, we'll be back to the old numbers and I think it will be easier to find single fights again.

> @"Farout.8207" said:

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > i think it just takes some time for roamers to adjust to mounts. before the mounts, if you were not on a heavily stealth using build, people engaged each other right away on sight 'kill it before it gets away' . right now you can abuse this mindset to kill plenty roamers. for example the other day i was on my core thief and there was a rev coming my way, i was riding towards him and didnt have in mind to elude the fight. the moment he got in range he used is shiro port and tried to oneshot my mount. i dodged that ofc and then proceeded to use every dodge/HP my mount has to drain him off energy and CDs, to show him that he was simply too aggressive. with no dodge left and 200 HP i dismounted myself to avoid the CC and had an easy kill.

>

> I think this is exactly what people complain about. A rev was trying to initiate a fight and you self- admittedly dodged around on your mount abusing a cheese mechanic until he was out of energy. Then you quickly dismounted for the easy kill. In the past you would had actually had to fight him on even ground. The mount makes that almost impossible now. You say you were showing "him that he was too aggressive" but what should he have done, danced around in a mount circle jerk? That nonsense can last forever and just like your post pointed out, the aggressor tends to be at a disadvantage now. The mount fundamentally changes the way engagements happen and not for the better. Anet better fix it soon.

The rev was being too aggressive by using anything but an autoattack to kill the mount. Yes it's attrition, but at least then he'd have his higher damage skills available if the opponent chooses to dismount. I think in time the game will settle towards builds that apply conditions with autoattacks, to counter people trolling or stalling with mounts. Since conditions transfer on dismount, that puts the mounted person in a bad spot because they might have to burn a cleanse at the beginning of a fight.

The rules of engagement have changed, and I can see the good and bad of it. I do think the pounce-to-dismount ability will come though.

> @"displayname.8315" said:

> To me these arguments sound like your accusing people on the opposing team of not roaming. If your not finding fights it's time to transfer. That goes for all fights.

>

> It's hard to find good zerg battles a lot of times too guys. Not having alliances and somewhat decent MU's is a problem.

I just transfered yesterday but its not that different.(already transfered coutless times since the alliance announcement for this exact reason, which a whole other problem that causes people to burnout).

Im not accusing people for not roaming

Most of them left or just adapted to a group ganking mounted players cuz thats what Warclaw has to offer

As it is it only killed roaming builds and classes (mostly melees).

It takes freedom away from people to do whatever they want in whatever classes/build thry like to play in a open world PvP map and its bad for WvW as a whole.

> @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> > @"Farout.8207" said:

> > > i think it just takes some time for roamers to adjust to mounts. before the mounts, if you were not on a heavily stealth using build, people engaged each other right away on sight 'kill it before it gets away' . right now you can abuse this mindset to kill plenty roamers. for example the other day i was on my core thief and there was a rev coming my way, i was riding towards him and didnt have in mind to elude the fight. the moment he got in range he used is shiro port and tried to oneshot my mount. i dodged that ofc and then proceeded to use every dodge/HP my mount has to drain him off energy and CDs, to show him that he was simply too aggressive. with no dodge left and 200 HP i dismounted myself to avoid the CC and had an easy kill.

> >

> > I think this is exactly what people complain about. A rev was trying to initiate a fight and you self- admittedly dodged around on your mount abusing a cheese mechanic until he was out of energy. Then you quickly dismounted for the easy kill. In the past you would had actually had to fight him on even ground. The mount makes that almost impossible now. You say you were showing "him that he was too aggressive" but what should he have done, danced around in a mount circle jerk? That nonsense can last forever and just like your post pointed out, the aggressor tends to be at a disadvantage now. The mount fundamentally changes the way engagements happen and not for the better. Anet better fix it soon.

>

> The rev was being too aggressive by using anything but an autoattack to kill the mount. Yes it's attrition, but at least then he'd have his higher damage skills available if the opponent chooses to dismount. I think in time the game will settle towards builds that apply conditions with autoattacks, to counter people trolling or stalling with mounts. Since conditions transfer on dismount, that puts the mounted person in a bad spot because they might have to burn a cleanse at the beginning of a fight.

>

> The rules of engagement have changed, and I can see the good and bad of it. I do think the pounce-to-dismount ability will come though.

Just what WvW needs, more condi. /s

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > > Just to clarify :

> > > > > Ganker - is a player who wants to kills mostly ,unaware zergers who cant fight back.

> > > > > Roamer - is a player who mostly likes to pvp and runs around the map taking objectives in order to find a other people to fight.

> > > >

> > > > can you clarify how you determine if a player 'can fight back' ?

> > > >

> > > > the reason all these threads are going into 'you are all gankers' is that you guys claim, that you only seek challanging fights and not easy fights. but then you said you need tools to force the fight. now for me a challanging opponent needs the interest to fight me, a build to fight me and the experience to pose a challange. such an opponent will hardly ever run away.

> > > >

> > Given the skill of a average WvW player If you only pick "challenging" fights you will end up fighting against the same 3-4 players all the time. Thats why i think people come to WvW seeking out duels.

> > If people are not in their respective tag and they're bad they should be dead

> > > > i mostly fight around objectives and dont really seek fights, while i dont elude reasonable fights. this usually deals with the awkward situation of both being on mounts and will go straight to a fight. i like mounts to avoid larger groups as they reduced other options to do so over the years, they may remove em if they gimme my stealth back on a viable solo build ;) .

> > > >

> > Yeah you can avoid larger groups on a mount, but If you are fighting someone and still stuck in combat, a large group will come to you you'll end up most likely dead, maybe thiefs can manage to escape, other classes/builds....not so much

> > > > i think it just takes some time for roamers to adjust to mounts. before the mounts, if you were not on a heavily stealth using build, people engaged each other right away on sight 'kill it before it gets away' . right now you can abuse this mindset to kill plenty roamers. for example the other day i was on my core thief and there was a rev coming my way, i was riding towards him and didnt have in mind to elude the fight. the moment he got in range he used is shiro port and tried to oneshot my mount. i dodged that ofc and then proceeded to use every dodge/HP my mount has to drain him off energy and CDs, to show him that he was simply too aggressive. with no dodge left and 200 HP i dismounted myself to avoid the CC and had an easy kill.

> > > > just use some 'trash skill' (low cooldown/resources) to show your interest in a fight and opponents posing a challange usually will dismount quickly. going about it too aggressively is just asking to abuse the mount to drain resources.

> > I already adjusted my build, and i doubt im the only one who switched to a glass cannon to dismount people it will just be way more common in non-zerg builds

> > > > fights you need to force are hardly a challange, i mean maybe forcing the fight is a challange now but the fight itself is not.

> > >

> > > If they are out to venture on there own then it is presumed that they are capable of fighting back.

> > >

> > This ^

> >

> >

>

> so you DO go for easy fights, as you wont fight just the same 3-4 players.

> > Which is distinct from ganking from my perspective, a ganker is a player who is looking for a **easy fight** against people who cant fight back. which IMO is the main difference between gankers and roamers.

>

I go for any fight where a players name is red and if they get upset after dying a few times they can log out and find another game mode or stick around and get good. Easy enough. I prefer to find outnumbered fights though.

Who gives a fuck about all of you saying you've been ganked. Grow the fuck up. Now I 'gank everyone' because you guys just bitch about it all day instead of growing a pair and playing the game mode. Before I let people walk if they were new or it was obvious they didnt want to fight. Not anymore. Sometimes I even block them hoping it was one of you cry babies coming here to post about how you got ganked again. Never considering you could get good. Always blame it on something besides yourself. Keep doing that. You'll go really far in life with that mentality. So for everyone who dodges a fight someone gets 'ganked'. Even though they could defend themselves. And they do try so they didn't really get 'ganked'. You guys would call it that.

> What do you think will happen to roamers that used to play melee classes such as warrior and revenants ?

Main warrior here. I can't speak for the rest, but in my case I haven't log in for 1 week. Warclaw killed my joy of solo roaming...

Right now I am playing other games, but maybe I will log back in another week or so just to check how the game is doing.

> @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> The rev was being too aggressive by using anything but an autoattack to kill the mount. Yes it's attrition, but at least then he'd have his higher damage skills available if the opponent chooses to dismount. I think in time the game will settle towards builds that apply conditions with autoattacks, to counter people trolling or stalling with mounts. Since conditions transfer on dismount, that puts the mounted person in a bad spot because they might have to burn a cleanse at the beginning of a fight.

>

> The rules of engagement have changed, and I can see the good and bad of it. I do think the pounce-to-dismount ability will come though.

I rly don’t post on the forums but man I rly had to reply to this. Too aggressive? Shld have used auto atk??? Plz do tell me how exactly the Rev is supposed to to auto atk down a mounted player who has more mobility and speed than him??? And if u say use hammer, most revs wouldn’t even roam with hammer besides zerglings running back to their zergs (judging from the few revs I even run into anyway).

> @"Natar.3671" said:

> > @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

>

> > The rev was being too aggressive by using anything but an autoattack to kill the mount. Yes it's attrition, but at least then he'd have his higher damage skills available if the opponent chooses to dismount. I think in time the game will settle towards builds that apply conditions with autoattacks, to counter people trolling or stalling with mounts. Since conditions transfer on dismount, that puts the mounted person in a bad spot because they might have to burn a cleanse at the beginning of a fight.

> >

> > The rules of engagement have changed, and I can see the good and bad of it. I do think the pounce-to-dismount ability will come though.

>

> I rly don’t post on the forums but man I rly had to reply to this. Too aggressive? Shld have used auto atk??? Plz do tell me how exactly the Rev is supposed to to auto atk down a mounted player who has more mobility and speed than him??? And if u say use hammer, most revs wouldn’t even roam with hammer besides zerglings running back to their zergs (judging from the few revs I even run into anyway).

I don't know what to tell you. He wanted that fight badly enough that he took the risk and burned his cooldowns trying to kill the mount, and had nothing left for the dismounted opponent. Are you blaming the mount for a bad combat decision? I don't disagree that adjustments are needed, but I was just commenting on that specific instance.

> @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > @"Duckota.4769" said:

> > > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > > > > Just to clarify :

> > > > > > > Ganker - is a player who wants to kills mostly ,unaware zergers who cant fight back.

> > > > > > > Roamer - is a player who mostly likes to pvp and runs around the map taking objectives in order to find a other people to fight.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > can you clarify how you determine if a player 'can fight back' ?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > the reason all these threads are going into 'you are all gankers' is that you guys claim, that you only seek challanging fights and not easy fights. but then you said you need tools to force the fight. now for me a challanging opponent needs the interest to fight me, a build to fight me and the experience to pose a challange. such an opponent will hardly ever run away.

> > > > > >

> > > > Given the skill of a average WvW player If you only pick "challenging" fights you will end up fighting against the same 3-4 players all the time. Thats why i think people come to WvW seeking out duels.

> > > > If people are not in their respective tag and they're bad they should be dead

> > > > > > i mostly fight around objectives and dont really seek fights, while i dont elude reasonable fights. this usually deals with the awkward situation of both being on mounts and will go straight to a fight. i like mounts to avoid larger groups as they reduced other options to do so over the years, they may remove em if they gimme my stealth back on a viable solo build ;) .

> > > > > >

> > > > Yeah you can avoid larger groups on a mount, but If you are fighting someone and still stuck in combat, a large group will come to you you'll end up most likely dead, maybe thiefs can manage to escape, other classes/builds....not so much

> > > > > > i think it just takes some time for roamers to adjust to mounts. before the mounts, if you were not on a heavily stealth using build, people engaged each other right away on sight 'kill it before it gets away' . right now you can abuse this mindset to kill plenty roamers. for example the other day i was on my core thief and there was a rev coming my way, i was riding towards him and didnt have in mind to elude the fight. the moment he got in range he used is shiro port and tried to oneshot my mount. i dodged that ofc and then proceeded to use every dodge/HP my mount has to drain him off energy and CDs, to show him that he was simply too aggressive. with no dodge left and 200 HP i dismounted myself to avoid the CC and had an easy kill.

> > > > > > just use some 'trash skill' (low cooldown/resources) to show your interest in a fight and opponents posing a challange usually will dismount quickly. going about it too aggressively is just asking to abuse the mount to drain resources.

> > > > I already adjusted my build, and i doubt im the only one who switched to a glass cannon to dismount people it will just be way more common in non-zerg builds

> > > > > > fights you need to force are hardly a challange, i mean maybe forcing the fight is a challange now but the fight itself is not.

> > > > >

> > > > > If they are out to venture on there own then it is presumed that they are capable of fighting back.

> > > > >

> > > > This ^

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > so you DO go for easy fights, as you wont fight just the same 3-4 players.

> > > > Which is distinct from ganking from my perspective, a ganker is a player who is looking for a **easy fight** against people who cant fight back. which IMO is the main difference between gankers and roamers.

> > >

> >

> > I go for any fight where a players name is red and if they get upset after dying a few times they can log out and find another game mode or stick around and get good. Easy enough. I prefer to find outnumbered fights though.

> >

> > Who gives a kitten about all of you saying you've been ganked. Grow the kitten up. Now I 'gank everyone' because you guys just kitten about it all day instead of growing a pair and playing the game mode. Before I let people walk if they were new or it was obvious they didnt want to fight. Not anymore. Sometimes I even block them hoping it was one of you cry babies coming here to post about how you got ganked again. Never considering you could get good. Always blame it on something besides yourself. Keep doing that. You'll go really far in life with that mentality. So for everyone who dodges a fight someone gets 'ganked'. Even though they could defend themselves. And they do try so they didn't really get 'ganked'. You guys would call it that.

>

> Outed and triggered. Remember these posts weren't started by people that got ganked. They were started by gankers who got less ganks because of the mount. Now you gonna punish all these players by killing them because of the forums. You are what we thought you were. A lot of people label ganking incorrectly on here no reason to get so upset.

Not really, Warclaw made harder to solo roam and easier to gank, specially with more people.

> @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

>

> I don't know what to tell you. He wanted that fight badly enough that he took the risk and burned his cooldowns trying to kill the mount, and had nothing left for the dismounted opponent. Are you blaming the mount for a bad combat decision? I don't disagree that adjustments are needed, but I was just commenting on that specific instance.

This is where we can agree that the mount is the issue here. As the rev has to burn his cds to try to dismount the enemy player, and his 'reward' for dismounting is an enemy player who still has their full skills, while he himself has less cds. And on the other hand if he doesn't dismount the player, suppose he is roaming for fights, then what is he supposed to do? Stand at a sentry until someone decides to dismount and attack him? Or run around and hope to find someone unmounted, and pray they don't mount up and run away? Its like others said, the aggressor loses here (unless u are a longbow ranger).

> @"StrawHat.2639" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

>

> > I'd say the pros of the Warclaw far outweigh the cons.. but that's just my opinon.

> > No more slow.. tedious running around to catch up with a **zerg **and likely dying 5 times before I reach them..

> > No more falling behind a **zerg** and being picked off by stalker..

> > No more boredom running around with little to no actual battles taking place..

> >

> > Warclaw for me at least has fixed a lot of problems that really made me hate WvW.

>

> Why are you posting in a homeless roamers post when you are clearly a Zergling in general.

> 2 out of your 3 pros for you is zerg based.

> The last one is inconclusive but sounds like just makes you faster ard to get blob vs blob and not roaming.

Because pretty much all WvW topics atm are related to the Warclaw and many are typically against it, calling for crazy nerfs or the removal of the mount entirely.

Zerging is pretty much the default playstyle of WvW.. always has been, Roamers are the anomaly that's been impacted negatively by the introduction of the mount.

The way I see it.. much of the complaints about the Warclaw are coming from people who enjoy elments of WvW that were keeping a larger number of players away from the gamemode due to annoyance or the feeling of unfairness.

Most players will straight up quit if they feel they cant get anywhere due to being constantly hunted by roamers, I've known tons of players who hate WvW for that very reason.

WvW is supposed to be a massive multiplayer PvP Warzone full of giant epic battles.. going around solo trying to capture a traditional single player pvp experience instead of participating in the general server wide war seems counter productive to what the game mode was designed for.

The Warclaw hasn't even killed Roaming.. it's just made it more difficult since it's harder for roamers to force people into no win skirmishes they don't want to get involved in, and forced people to change up their builds/playstyles to deal with the mount instead which isn't a bad thing imo.

The way I see it is a lot of people have for years complained about WvW and it's neglect.. yet they don't want any changes to the game mode that changes it in ways they don't like even when it brings in more players thus making it more popular which is what it needs to be for Anet to stop neglecting it.

You can still roam.. you just need to come up with ways to deal with the mount.

I only give my opinion on so many threads because I've been playing Gw2 since it's first Beta weekend.. and for the first time since the games launch.. WvW is actually fun for me now.. thanks largely to the mount.

WvW is supposed to be a massive multiplayer PvP Warzone full of giant epic battles...

This is so jagged and skewed to your view like all your post about zerging only.

WvW is actually fun for me now.. thanks largely to the mount...

WvW is actually a lot less fun for me now...thanks largely to the mount.

WvW is actually fun for me now...wonder why you bothered before to do it if not fun...gees.

Been WvWing since year 1, and always enjoyed it even when we lost money in the first years and had to pve.

In then end I just feel your opinion is worth nothing in a tread on roaming when your a Zergling.

Also am curious about this:

~~Zerging is pretty much the default playstyle of WvW~~.. always has been, Roamers are the anomaly that's been impacted negatively by the introduction of the mount.

What the...how many roaming/havok guilds are there compared to blob ppt guilds/fight guilds...

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > A roamer is a player who run around the map seeking to take sentries, camps and **FIGHTS** whoever cross his path afterall it's a **PVP ENVIROMENT** and people should be willing to face a fight

> >

> > I'll be sure to pass that along to real life soldiers..

> > NO!! get out of that Jeep.. I don't care if we're outnumbered 50 to 1.. you get behind that car and start shooting Jimmy.. you die like a man!!

> >

> > Jokes aside.

> > WvW isn't just a PvP environment it's a Warzone environment.. retreating and combat avoidance are absolutely valid strategies in any War fictional or othewise.

> > Just because it's a game doesn't mean people should have to throw themselves into hopeless combat situations they know they can't win.

> >

> > Avoiding combat.. and fleeing from combat is not a new thing for WvW... people have been doing that since the game released years ago.

> > Hell that's been the foundation of thief and mesmer playstyles for years thanks to thier excessive mobility and stealth mechanics.

> Yes, running and fleeing are valid tatics but thieves and mesmers didnt have a 11k health motorcycle imune to cc

No they didn't.. but they did have access to stealth making them nearly impossible to hit and completely impossible to see and also teleports giving them an absurd mobility advantage over most other classes thus making it very easy for them to get away from almost any encounter while the other classes had pretty much no option but to fight for their lives.

These mechanics simply made the classes far too annoying and cheap.. which is why they have been consistantly the two most hated classes in the pvp game.

It's so easy to thieves and mesmers to claim the mount unfair.. and that it deny's them fights and kills when they've been ambushing players for years and denying them a well earned kill every time they use their stealth and teleports to run away when the battle doesn't go their way.

I'd say they'd have a point though if they didn't have access to the Warclaw.. but they do.. all classes do.

Their stealth and blinks still give them advantages in battles.. still make them the best classes for escaping fights they are loosing.. nothing has changed there.

The only thing that's changed is that it's a little harder to drag people into fights they don't want to participate in and that is a good thing in my opinion.

> > The Warclaw has only put all classes and builds on a more even level for general mobility, and this has made WvW a lot less tedious for some.

> > I've certainly had more fun in WvW the last few weeks than I have in the last few years because of the Warclaw.

> >

> > I'd say the pros of the Warclaw far outweigh the cons.. but that's just my opinon.

> > No more slow.. tedious running around to catch up with a zerg and likely dying 5 times before I reach them..

> I also zerg as a glass staff Weaver and i rarely died before reaching a zerg, most of the times i died, was to a malicious backstab, but once i was aware of him, It was no longer a issue, just avoid passing where he is.

I used to die a lot trying to get to a distant zerg or one of the big battles going on.. a lone player is easy pickings for an ambush roamer, specially when you've swapped out one of your skills for a run speed signet to make the trip significantly less tedious.

We'll never need to do that again with the Warclaw so when I do get ambushed and dismounted.. I can fight with my full build intact and if I die.. then I wont be so salty about it.

> > No more falling behind a zerg and being picked off by stalker..

> If you fall behind your zerg you're doing something wrong

I dunno how falling out of the swiftness spam is doing something wrong but ok.

unless you have telports or dashes or something its very easy to fall out of the zerg's swiftness spam and fall behind.. I saw it happen to a lot of players all the time, myself included.

> > No more boredom running around with little to no actual battles taking place..

> >

> I dont understand this, so If there's no battles taking place you will still be bored but now on a mount ?

Being ambushed into a 1v1 or 2v1 fights isn't a battle.. it's an annoyance at best.

I'm talking about the big battles fought over keeps and towers etc.. they are much more common now since the mount from my experience.

I've had many over the past couple weeks.. won a few, lost a few.. all were very fun though and what I found was lacking in WvW.

> > Warclaw for me at least has fixed a lot of problems that really made me hate WvW.

> Aside mobility and picking fights you KNOW you are going to win....what Else?

I don't pick any fights alone actually, my wvw build is designed for supporting a group not 1v1ing.

I will loose a vast majority of any 1v1 encounters.. i've no issues with admitting that.

Many of the problems driving me away from WvW were related to mobility.

Forcing me to change my utility skills.. or weapon to get around faster, being ambushed without my proper setup being equipped, being unable to avoid or run away from fights I didn't want to be in etc.

Mounts are just mobility tools at the end of the day but lack of mobility was a big problem for me in WvW causing a lot of other problems that just made me hate playing it.