Fractals and slippery slope

i got only 1 question to devs did u even bother to try the new instabilitys or just implemented them, try fractal 84 Deepstone with slippery slope ! there is nothing that proves skill or anything its just nonsense! Getting 1 shooted from back by normal mobs does that prove my skill (with the new instabilitys). I did fractal t4 each day as dps, healer what ever role needed to be filled but now it just takes too much time to be even worth it!

p.s fractals will end just like dungeons if u continue this way,no1 will play them because its not profitable or fun!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did try it when frac 84 deepstone had slippery slope 2 days ago on my power reaper. And I didn't fall down once. Wasn't under any threat from the mobs during the puzzle phase either you just aoe cleave them as they come so you dont have to rush forward that much so you're less likely to fall. Its more of a learn to play issue at this stage. Players are too used to stand there and face tank stuff and stops thinking about alternative solutions anymore when they fail. Players end up blaming everything except themselves for their failures when there are plenty of solutions within their reach.

> @"squallaus.8321" said:

> I did try it when frac 84 deepstone had slippery slope 2 days ago on my power reaper. And I didn't fall down once. Wasn't under any threat from the mobs during the puzzle phase either you just aoe cleave them as they come so you dont have to rush forward that much so you're less likely to fall. Its more of a learn to play issue at this stage. Players are too used to stand there and face tank stuff and stops thinking about alternative solutions anymore when they fail. Players end up blaming everything except themselves for their failures when there are plenty of solutions within their reach.

yeah forgot mention it had frailty too! slippery doesnt prove skill ! it proves absolute 0 the new debuffs are made by lazy dev to bring something new to table

> @"spankyed.4735" said:

> yeah forgot mention it had frailty too! slippery doesnt prove skill ! it proves absolute 0 the new debuffs are made by lazy dev to bring something new to table

>

The purpose of the instabs though is to put players out of their comfort zone. I'd say they acchived their purpose if people are complaining so much. I'd also say they can be handled easily by tweaking traits and utils a bit depending on the situation and fight. If you're too lazy to change anything thats your fault. So what is left is just L2P issue with players adapting.

Did not even notice the frailty.

> > @"spankyed.4735" said:

> > yeah forgot mention it had frailty too! slippery doesnt prove skill ! it proves absolute 0 the new debuffs are made by lazy dev to bring something new to table

> >

>

> The purpose of the instabs though is to put players out of their comfort zone. I'd say they acchived their purpose if people are complaining so much. I'd also say they can be handled easily by tweaking traits and utils a bit depending on the situation and fight. If you're too lazy to change anything thats your fault. So what is left is just L2P issue with players adapting.

>

> Did not even notice the frailty.

>

Do share please what traits affect SS. What exactly affects it besides walking slowly, pressing back button and wasting dodge.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> Do share please what traits affect SS. What exactly affects it besides walking slowly, pressing back button and wasting dodge.

Are you saying there are traits that effect any other mistlock instabilities? If not then why is Slippery Slope being picked on?

Slippery Slope on 84 Deepstone again yesterday. Again didn't fall down during boss phase or puzzle phase. During the floor puzzle phase my HP didn't even drop below 50% this time. You just keep cleaving and move forward. Some of you are just biased. More and more i think its a learn to play issue.

> @"Geranor.5392" said:

> Only thing with Slippery Slope is, its not the same for all classes... because movementskills like jumpattacks get slippery to...

yeah but thats ok, you press the opposite direction button at the end of the skill if you dont want to move after the movement skill.

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > Do share please what traits affect SS. What exactly affects it besides walking slowly, pressing back button and wasting dodge.

>

>

> Are you saying there are traits that effect any other mistlock instabilities? If not then why is Slippery Slope being picked on?

>

> Slippery Slope on 84 Deepstone again yesterday. Again didn't fall down during boss phase or puzzle phase. During the floor puzzle phase my HP didn't even drop below 50% this time. You just keep cleaving and move forward. Some of you are just biased. More and more i think its a learn to play issue.

I did learn as you can see. You didn't answer my question. I juts don't find them fun or challenging anymore.

Cheap code to make playtime more annoying. Keep defending it, dig the grave for game.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> I did learn as you can see. You didn't answer my question. I juts don't find them fun or challenging anymore.

> Cheap code to make playtime more annoying. Keep defending it, dig the grave for game.

Except i did answer your question. So which instability do you find "fun and challenging"?

Annoying only if you don't adapt and is not good. Which mechanics in more challenging end game content of any game is not annoying before you conquered it?

> > @"phs.6089" said:

>

> > I did learn as you can see. You didn't answer my question. I juts don't find them fun or challenging anymore.

> > Cheap code to make playtime more annoying. Keep defending it, dig the grave for game.

>

> Except i did answer your question. So which instability do you find "fun and challenging"?

> Annoying only if you don't adapt and is not good. Which mechanics in more challenging end game content of any game is not annoying before you conquered it?

Stop answering to my question with a question. It was you that stated

> > @"spankyed.4735" said:

>. I'd also say they can be handled easily by tweaking traits and utils a bit depending on the situation and fight. If you're too lazy to change anything thats your fault. So >what is left is just L2P issue with players adapting.

>

Again adaptation means changing something in your build, rotation, gear etc.

What exactly affects SS?

When new instabilities made pepole quit Fractals Content, it was fail. Simple. New instabilities did exactly that. Slippery Slope in particular. Arena net staff even went so far to disable it on certain Fractal Zones. The very thing that proves - it was untested.

Cliffside with SS is still remembered as Epic Fail.

> @"Aeon.4583" said:

> When new instabilities made pepole quit Fractals Content, it was fail. Simple. New instabilities did exactly that. Slippery Slope in particular. Arena net staff even went so far to disable it on certain Fractal Zones. The very thing that proves - it was untested.

>

> Cliffside with SS is still remembered as Epic Fail.

Except people quit over stupid things all the time. Especially things that have an impact on their ego. The fact of the matter is there are a myriad of counters to Slippery Slope in this game just like other instabilities. But people choose to complain about this one because they refuse to adjust their builds or play style. Sliding off steep slopes is simply an outlier to the impact that slippery slope brings that can't be countered. Hence it is disabled for certain parts. But the rest is fine. Pretty sure anet tests their changes just not to the extent that you like.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"squallaus.8321" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> >

> > > Stop answering to my question with a question. It was you that stated

> >

> > Again I did answer your question but you simply did not have the intellect to arrive at the logical conclusion. If you insist I will spell it out for you. None of the traits affect instabilities, they only affect your survival rates under the pressure of certain instabilities. So again why is Slippery Slope being singled out. Which instabilities do you actually find "fun and challenging". And when is end game mechanic in any game not "annoying" until a player has conquered it?

> >

> > I think you will find the problem does not lie with my defending any instability, but rather the problem lies with your perspective. Your perspective is wrong, unrealistic and unreasonable.

>

> Wrong! e.g Cleansing traits and utilities affect afflicted and fire, retaliation affects birds and fire etc.

> Talk about intelligence and L2P now

>

You're the one that is wrong. Slippery slope affects positioning. With the right utils, weapon skills, traits and dodging a players position can be adjusting even under the influence of slippery slope. So there are counters for slippery slope just like every other instability. So again why is Slippery Slope being singled out? Which instabilities do you actually find "fun and challenging"? And when is end game mechanic in any game not "annoying" until a player has conquered it?

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"squallaus.8321" said:

> > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > >

> > > > Stop answering to my question with a question. It was you that stated

> > >

> > > Again I did answer your question but you simply did not have the intellect to arrive at the logical conclusion. If you insist I will spell it out for you. None of the traits affect instabilities, they only affect your survival rates under the pressure of certain instabilities. So again why is Slippery Slope being singled out. Which instabilities do you actually find "fun and challenging". And when is end game mechanic in any game not "annoying" until a player has conquered it?

> > >

> > > I think you will find the problem does not lie with my defending any instability, but rather the problem lies with your perspective. Your perspective is wrong, unrealistic and unreasonable.

> >

> > Wrong! e.g Cleansing traits and utilities affect afflicted and fire, retaliation affects birds and fire etc.

> > Talk about intelligence and L2P now

> >

>

> You're the one that is wrong. Slippery slope affects positioning. With the right utils, weapon skills, traits and dodging a players position can be adjusting even under the influence of slippery slope. So there are counters for slippery slope just like every other instability. So again why is Slippery Slope being singled out? Which instabilities do you actually find "fun and challenging"? And when is end game mechanic in any game not "annoying" until a player has conquered it?

Positioning is choosing your location, whatever location you chose you are affected by SS.

Still no answer on traits and utilities that can affect/nullify/counter SS.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > @"squallaus.8321" said:

> > > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > >

> > > > > Stop answering to my question with a question. It was you that stated

> > > >

> > > > Again I did answer your question but you simply did not have the intellect to arrive at the logical conclusion. If you insist I will spell it out for you. None of the traits affect instabilities, they only affect your survival rates under the pressure of certain instabilities. So again why is Slippery Slope being singled out. Which instabilities do you actually find "fun and challenging". And when is end game mechanic in any game not "annoying" until a player has conquered it?

> > > >

> > > > I think you will find the problem does not lie with my defending any instability, but rather the problem lies with your perspective. Your perspective is wrong, unrealistic and unreasonable.

> > >

> > > Wrong! e.g Cleansing traits and utilities affect afflicted and fire, retaliation affects birds and fire etc.

> > > Talk about intelligence and L2P now

> > >

> >

> > You're the one that is wrong. Slippery slope affects positioning. With the right utils, weapon skills, traits and dodging a players position can be adjusting even under the influence of slippery slope. So there are counters for slippery slope just like every other instability. So again why is Slippery Slope being singled out? Which instabilities do you actually find "fun and challenging"? And when is end game mechanic in any game not "annoying" until a player has conquered it?

>

> Positioning is choosing your location, whatever location you chose you are affected by SS.

> Still no answer on traits and utilities that can affect/nullify/counter SS.

Not correct. Slippery Slope has no effect unless the player moves or get knocked away. Immediately after a teleport the character won't move, after a dodge is completed a character won't move. Using certain utilities and skills you can stop slippery slope movements and having certain traits will complement these skills. The purpose of slippery slope is to stop the player from getting into desired position easily and quickly but can be completely countered if a player choose to use certain movement skills and dodging. You are just ignorant.

> So again why is Slippery Slope being singled out? Which instabilities do you actually find "fun and challenging". And when is end game mechanic in any game not "annoying" until a player has conquered it?

_These are the Instabilities I find to be either fun, challenging, or both. They are engaging while providing clear mechanical counters._

My favourite Instability is **We Bleed Fire**, as it is punishing if you ignore it, but can be countered by well timed dodges, blocks/aegis and projectile hate.

**Frailty** I actually wish was on every Fractal just because it speeds things up, and can be rather easily countered when running a heal, but should people still struggle investing into a more defensive comp or stats would do the trick.

**No Pain No Gain** feels like it should be baseline on most mobs in the game (with generally less punishing boons) to make Boon Rip more relevant, and I appreciate how boons on mobs are becoming more common with more recent content. Again something that is very punishing if ignored, especially the Protection, but has clear counters available which you can bring.

**Afflicted** can be an absolute nightmare with enough adds around, but if you bring decent condi cleanses and pull/cleave adds, you are able to counter it well enough.

**Hamstrung** can be completely countered by a good healer, and to some extend not getting hit when possible. The extra endurance regen it provides helps countering the negative effect as well.

**Outflanked** can be extremely punishing at times, but good pulls and addclear as well as proper positioning tend to counter is fairly well.

**Stick Together** is fairly obvious, counter with positioning by stacking.

**Birds** can be rough at times, since it not only requires saved dodges but also pulls/addclear to counter. But with Fractal Potions increasing Endurance gain, as well as plenty other options to do so if still struggling, be it Food, a Virtues support FB, or what have you, I found it to be alright.

**Last Laugh** mostly just requires awareness to move out after killing adds. Blocks/Aegis and Dodging etc. work as well to counter it.

**Vengeance** countered by aoe Boon Rip, as well as good pulls and bursting cleave.

**Sugar Rush** is maybe a bit too punishing in certain scenarios, but again, good pulls/addclear tends to do the trick. Reflects work as well for ranged adds.

**Fractal Vindicators** I always perceived as more boon tbh, as they provide rally's. Don't go down to counter, and if someone does, burst asap to rally those who did.

**Mist Convergence** is usually just a fun little thing. Sometimes may require awareness of your positioning or timed dodges/blocks/aegis to counter certain attacks, such as the tentacle swipe etc.

**Adrenaline Rush** can be dangerous, but is usually countered by making an effort to burst down adds after pulls, and not to ignore and leave them around at low health.

_These are the Instabilities I don't really enjoy since they either don't matter or just add minor annoyances, but am alright since those can be countered._

**Flux Bomb** I personally despise because I tend to get around 12 per Fractal (people I regularly play with especially love playing with me when this instability is on, since it's basically one less instability for them while I deal with it), but it's just about being aware and countered by moving out. Especially easy with movement abilities, to lose as little uptime on DPS or whatever your role is. In certain Fractals it adds additional interactivity by being countered with jumping or using a special action key at the right time, which adds something to the experience. Probably would be in the fun and engaging category if I wouldn't constantly get it when active.

I really wish there was a personal timer on getting it, preventing one or few people from getting it all the time, as well as a grace period upon entering combat instead of instantly triggering, so it won't drop on the Mistlock Singularities on "Agony checks".

**Boon Overload** I personally find pretty meh, as it punishes performing well boon wise, but frankly, usually I don't notice this Instability as a decent healer adequately counters it even with good boon coverage. Otherwise, only bring the essential boons I guess.

**Toxic Trail** is another one that's pretty meh. Biggest downside is reduced healing from poison, so it's adequately countered by condi clear or massive overheal, as well as watching your positioning or movement if necessary.

_These are the Instabilities I don't enjoy since there isn't a mechanical counter you can master yourself to counter the Instability for yourself or even allies as well. It's just something you have to deal with, but at least it's not overly annoying most times._

**Social Awkwardness** still annoys me at times in it's new form, as the counter is not only your own positioning but also that of your teammates, which can actively screw you without fault on your own if others are positioned in such a way that you can't walk out of an attack or into a safe zone in time, especially when out of dodges. Usually it's fine, I'm just not a fan of my gameplay and control over my character being negatively affected by oblivious out of position pugs.

_These are the Instabilities that don't have a mechanical counter at all, as well as offering almost nothing to the game mode in terms of requiring awareness of your position or that of your team, and just provide a permanent annoyance while being detrimental to the combat and movement systems of the game._

**Slippery Slope** isn't countered by anything, it's just there. No comp, trait, utility etc. will make a difference in everybody being affected by it at all times. It makes the game feel sluggish, causes frequent terrain glitches or bugged interactions with certain skills on certain terrain, as well as causing motion sickness for a variety of people.

The few interesting interactions it adds, like additional difficulty not to slide into Skorvald in his last phase in 100CM are not worth the permanent downgrade to GW2's movement and combat systems, making the game feel awful to play, which is something that won't change even after hundreds of Fractals played with this instability.

There isn't much to master here, just to bear the major annoyance and downgrade of gameplay.

Every time this Instability comes up, it is immediately spam linked by someone in the group, followed up by groans and curses from the rest. Some people outright refuse to join a Fractal clear on days with Slippery Slope, stating it as the reason for it.

It's actively hurting the game mode.

>

> Except people quit over stupid things all the time. Especially things that have an impact on their ego. The fact of the matter is there are a myriad of counters to Slippery Slope in this game just like other instabilities. But people choose to complain about this one because they refuse to adjust their builds or play style. Sliding off steep slopes is simply an outlier to the impact that slippery slope brings that can't be countered. Hence it is disabled for certain parts. But the rest is fine. Pretty sure anet tests their changes just not to the extent that you like.

>

You understand that you are trying to defend something that's simply been tested on us?

Not properly tested by developers and given to us as something that can be fun.

It's been tested on us.

And i understand you haven't been in Cliffside with Slippery Slope.

You never been in Siren's Reef with Outflanked ( the very fractals that huge amount of pepole simply skip, no metter of instabilities ).

Fractals became untested, unfriendly environment.

It depends on pure luck, to whatever instabilities you will get, if you wish to complete all daily fractals without losing your nerve cells.

> @"Aeon.4583" said:

> >

> > Except people quit over stupid things all the time. Especially things that have an impact on their ego. The fact of the matter is there are a myriad of counters to Slippery Slope in this game just like other instabilities. But people choose to complain about this one because they refuse to adjust their builds or play style. Sliding off steep slopes is simply an outlier to the impact that slippery slope brings that can't be countered. Hence it is disabled for certain parts. But the rest is fine. Pretty sure anet tests their changes just not to the extent that you like.

> >

> You understand that you are trying to defend something that's simply been tested on us?

> Not properly tested by developers and given to us as something that can be fun.

> It's been tested on us.

>

I am not defending Slippery Slope as a mistlock per say. I am defending that truth that SS can be countered by movement skills and dodges. just like every other mistlock slippery slope can be easy countered.

> And i understand you haven't been in Cliffside with Slippery Slope.

Moving up steep slopes is an extreme case where Slippery slope don't have counters. Disable slippery slope in those areas the rest of cliffside has no issues.

> You never been in Siren's Reef with Outflanked ( the very fractals that huge amount of pepole simply skip, no metter of instabilities ).

>

Siren's Reef last night had outflanked. With enough dps the last boss melts really fast. The mobs that attack from range become less relevant no need for reflect or projectile block.

> Fractals became untested, unfriendly environment.

> It depends on pure luck, to whatever instabilities you will get, if you wish to complete all daily fractals without losing your nerve cells.

Except its not pure luck. There is no instability combinations that make fractals hard enough so that it can't be cleared. Moving up steep slopes while under the effect of Slippery Slope is the only exception. Therefore slippery slope has been disabled for these areas.

> @"Asum.4960" said:

> Well, by the fact that you are running Mirage in Fractals, I'm guessing you are not exactly speed clearing CM's daily.

>

Define speed clear. There is no speed clear runs on LFG. What i found is people who usually complain about my mirage in higher tier frac never beat me in dps. Those that do beat me tend not to say anything negative.

> I'm sure it's a lot less annoying for casual T4 and lower players not looking for efficient and optimized runs, and if you ever did Twins in W6 on Mirage as well as not on Mirage, you will notice how busted Mirage is compared to everything else when it comes to deleting/ignoring game mechanics.

>

So you're telling me this is affecting hard core groups. Maybe they're not so hardcore after all. Are you sure its my mirage and not a difference in player skills? How do you explain my power reaper doing fine too under Slippery slope? And i dont even have teleport on my reaper.

> I'm not going to expect everyone to reroll to a vastly inferior spec for Fractals in condi Mirage, just to bear this one Instability, and it should provide general mechanical counters that are either available to a majority of classes, or can be covered by a support.

Don't need to use mirage. Different classes have different ways to counter it.

> > @"Asum.4960" said:

> > Well, by the fact that you are running Mirage in Fractals, I'm guessing you are not exactly speed clearing CM's daily.

> >

>

> Define speed clear. There is no speed clear runs on LFG.

>

>

> > I'm sure it's a lot less annoying for casual T4 and lower players not looking for efficient and optimized runs, and if you ever did Twins in W6 on Mirage as well as not on Mirage, you will notice how busted Mirage is compared to everything else when it comes to deleting/ignoring game mechanics.

> >

>

> So you're telling me this is affecting hard core groups. Maybe they're not so hardcore after all. Are you sure its my mirage and not a difference in player skills? How do you explain my power reaper doing fine too under Slippery slope? And i dont even have teleport on my reaper.

>

> > I'm not going to expect everyone to reroll to a vastly inferior spec for Fractals in condi Mirage, just to bear this one Instability, and it should provide general mechanical counters that are either available to a majority of classes, or can be covered by a support.

>

> Don't need to use mirage. Different classes have different ways to counter it.

For me that's clearing CM's + T4 + Recs in ~45-60 Minutes in high KP runs.

It affects them in the sense that it interferes with strategies and skips that have been making Fractals more pleasant and faster since ages while completely lacking a counter to work around it, as well as downgrading the fluid and response gameplay that these people not only have mastered, but are playing the game for in the first place, turning it into a sluggish and unresponsive mess.

It's doesn't make Fractals more difficult, unless you count terrain glitches as difficulty. Non of these hardcore groups are struggling with Slippery Slope in terms of beating a Fractal with it, it just makes the game less fun for the majority of those players. That's the issue.

I'm glad you are enjoying it, but meanwhile the Fractal scene is bleeding players and the first thing out of everybody's mouth about why they can't be bothered any more is Slippery Slope.

We got Fractal God, more Relics, Pages and Pristines than we could ever spend etc. The fun fluid and responsive combat system is the only thing keeping us clearing CM's for the 300th+ time. Slippery Slope removes that reason.

> @"Asum.4960" said:

> For me that's clearing CM's + T4 + Recs in ~45-60 Minutes in high KP runs.

>

That's not gonna happen on LFG though no matter how much KP you post as requirement. 1 hour for CMs + T4s is more realistic.

> It affects them in the sense that it interferes with strategies and skips that have been making Fractals more pleasant and faster since ages while completely lacking a counter to work around it, as well as downgrading the fluid and response gameplay that these people not only have mastered, but are playing the game for in the first place, turning it into a sluggish and unresponsive mess.

>

In terms of boss fights i dont feel slippery slops effects stacking much, it effects skipping because you slip off certain edges and can't jump to certain places. But alot of these skips weren't originally intended though so you're arguing for something that wasn't originally intended.

> It's doesn't make Fractals more difficult, unless you count terrain glitches as difficulty. Non of these hardcore groups are struggling with Slippery Slope in terms of beating a Fractal with it, it just makes the game less fun for the majority of those players. That's the issue.

>

It is more difficult than other instabilities in the sense that it prevents the players from getting into position to avoid dmg etc if players play it in their usual way. Players can overshoot when they finally arrive at their desired positions. Therefore players are more likely to get hit etc. But again this is a positioning problem that can be countered by weapon skills, utils, traits and dodging.

> I'm glad you are enjoying it, but meanwhile the Fractal scene is bleeding players and the first thing out of everybody's mouth about why they can't be bothered any more is Slippery Slope.

Players tend to blame things other than themselves though when they fail even though the solution is right in front of them. Some people still click their skills when playing but then say fractal instabilities are too tedious. What the developers should do though is give extra rewards, such as extra mystic coin, for certain instability combinations.

> We got Fractal God, more Relics, Pages and Pristines than we could ever spend etc. The fun fluid and responsive combat system is the only thing keeping us clearing CM's for the 300th+ time. Slippery Slope removes that reason.

I got all that too but slippery slope doesn't bother me. What bothers me more are instabilities like outflanked that can one shot.

> Players tend to blame things other than themselves though when they fail even though the solution is right in front of them. Some people still click their skills when playing but then say fractal instabilities are too tedious. What the developers should do though is give extra rewards, such as extra mystic coin, for certain instability combinations.

Again, non of these players I know are failing at Fractals with slippery slope. We still do 100CM in 10 Minutes, Slippery or not.

The point is, they simply don't want to bother any more, because Slippery Slope takes away the thing that is fun about it, the precise and responsive combat system and gameplay.

> But alot of these skips weren't originally intended though so you're arguing for something that wasn't originally intended.

Sure, but finding these shortcuts and utilizing them effectively adds to the complexity of Fractals and rewards players for being knowledgeable and proficient at the content.

Unlike other Instabilities, Slippery Slope makes a lot of that a chore, without a way to counter it mechanically.

> That's not gonna happen on LFG though no matter how much KP you post as requirement. 1 hour for CMs + T4s is more realistic.

Obviously depends on the Fractals. 60-75 minutes is pretty normal for my high KP pugs, at least at reset. Day groups tend to be significantly worse a lot of times, even at high KP.

> It is more difficult than other instabilities in the sense that it prevents the players from getting into position to avoid dmg etc if players play it in their usual way. Players can overshoot when they finally arrive at their desired positions. Therefore players are more likely to get hit etc. But again this is a positioning problem that can be countered by weapon skills, utils, traits and dodging.

I personally never felt challenged by Slippery Slope, even the very first time with it on 100CM, it just took 1-2 Minutes longer than without, partially because people got stuck in terrain twice and had to GG and walk back, and leap skills not working properly for movement under Slippery.

It just drained all enjoyment out of the experience and felt like a chore to get through, fighting controls instead of mechanics.

It comes down to me appreciating Instabilities that put control into the players hands over how to deal with them, be it picking certain Traits or Utilities to counter them, or requiring increased awareness to things usually ignored, like a lone add in the back becoming dangerous with Outflanked and Afflicted.

Instabilities that take control away from the player are a no go for me.

I don't like sliding around all over the place, I wouldn't appreciate an Instability using random skills instead of what I press, or my character moving in random directions with every movement input. That's just not fun to me.

I want to play Guild Wars 2 and it's mechanics, not Whacky Slide Wars 2.

It's fine in SAB and other fun little side content, I can just stay out of that. I don't like that people increasingly do the same with Fractals though.

In my opinion, Instabilities should mechanically add to the gameplay of Fractals and make it more interesting and challenging, without being so obtrusive that they become all you think about, trumping the mechanics of the Fractal/Bosses itself.

Slippery Slope, for me, fails at all of those points.

It does not only fail to enhance the gameplay of Fractals by adding additional mechanics to counter, it actively takes away from the core gameplay experiences that GW2 provides.