Vote on and suggest new PvP leaderboard titles

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> Voted for the nobility theme because I loved the high fantasy feeling. I’d love to be a knight, or all the way up to a king. Not that I’m good enough at PvP to ever earn any of these titles...

how is a knight, prince and a king high fantasy to you? lol

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > This is probably a minor thing but it's been bugging me for a while - please don't use the gamemode's name in titles (PvP/PvE/WvW). It's just very uninspired and even immersion breaking for an MMO - I'm no roleplayer but still, let's try to conjure up something from the lore if possible. Top 100 of PvP is even worse in that regard.

> >

> > For example God of the Mists or something similar for rank 1 instead of God of PvP.

>

> It does sound weird, and I agree to some extent. But we also commonly have the complaint that people want others to know what the accomplishment was and where it came from. Using of the Mists could work instead. However, in GW2 lore, the Mists also includes WvW and Fractals, so that could be pretty confusing as well.

>

> "of the Arena" might be a good substitute.

Makes sense, I know it's hard to find something that represents the player's position without 4th wall breaking. Using a known hierarchy like you've mentioned in your first post does seem like a good idea, but going down to baron/duchess - those may not be something everyone's familiar with IMO. Emperor's Gladiator, Balthazar's Gladiator etc. could be more distinguishable in that regard.

God of the Arena, Demigod of the Arena also sound great!

> @"Lonami.2987" said:

> I voted for the nobility theme, but I would remove the "PvP" part and replace it with "the Arena":

>

> * **1st:** God/Goddess of the Arena

> * **2nd:** Demigod/Demigoddess of the Arena

> * **3rd:** King/Queen of the Arena

> * **4th-10th:** Prince/Princess of the Arena

> * **11th–25th:** Duke/Duchess of the Arena

> * **26th-100th:** Baron/Baroness of the Arena

> * **101st–250th:** Knight/Dame of the Arena

>

> Also, another suggestion:

>

> * **1st:** First of the Arena

> * **2nd:** Second of the Arena

> * **3rd:** Third of the Arena

> * **4th-10th:** Legend of the Arena

> * **11th–25th:** Hero of the Arena

> * **26th-100th:** Champion of the Arena

> * **101st–250th:** Veteran of the Arena

I really like this idea, its even a throwback to the old "of the Arena" titles from launch. I would definitely vote for this!

However your second suggestion wouldnt work since "Legend of the Arena" and "Veteran of the Arena" are already in the game.

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > This is probably a minor thing but it's been bugging me for a while - please don't use the gamemode's name in titles (PvP/PvE/WvW). It's just very uninspired and even immersion breaking for an MMO - I'm no roleplayer but still, let's try to conjure up something from the lore if possible. Top 100 of PvP is even worse in that regard.

> >

> > For example God of the Mists or something similar for rank 1 instead of God of PvP.

>

> It does sound weird, and I agree to some extent. But we also commonly have the complaint that people want others to know what the accomplishment was and where it came from. Using of the Mists could work instead. However, in GW2 lore, the Mists also includes WvW and Fractals, so that could be pretty confusing as well.

>

> "of the Arena" might be a good substitute.

Making use of a prefix instead of a suffix to get rid of the lengthy "of the Arena" could be a good idea.

Mix it with "Nobility" that most people are voting for in the process and you get something like this. Best of both worlds?

1st: Arena God/Goddess

2nd: Arena Demigod/Demigoddess

3rd: Arena King/Queen

4th-10th: Arena Prince/Princess

11th – 25th: Arena Duke/Duchess

26th-100th: Arena Baron/Baroness

101st – 250th: Arena Knight/Dame

> @"romano.8170" said:

> 1st: God/goddess of Match Manipulation

> 2nd to 10th: King/Queen of Match Manipulation

> 11th to 25th: Prince/Princess of Match Manipulation

> 26th to 50th: Baron/Baroness of Sub 70 iq

> 51st to 100st: Knight of sub 70 iq

> 101st to 250th: Harvard Graduate

Guys. Estak. Estak. Empower.... Wait wrong game mode. I still support this. Lol

Why this poll looks like "new title for wintraders" ... ? Thats main reason to NEVER play RANKED because YOU entirely ignore the problem of wintrading. Knowing that top1 is being caught on wintrading all the time ... I doubt that was fair this time...

Old - Current Titles

Pros – No work required since it’s already in.

Cons – After Legendary Demigod, each title sounds less differentiated. They don’t illustrate how well you placed, as they are pretty close in meaning. Difficult to say how Ruthless, Relentless, and Merciless Legend compare.

1st: God of PvP

2nd: Legendary Demigod

3rd: Immortal Legend

4th-10th: Unyielding Legend

11th – 25th: Relentless Legend

26th-100th: Ruthless Legend

101st – 250th: Merciless Legend

Hello all,

I really liked some of the suggested ones with God of the mists .... but i would still prefer a nostalgic themed title from gw1 :D, like the Gladiator title. That title would fit well with the Eternal Coliseum map. I don't mind which ones from the 12 titles you will use but here's my suggestion:

1: Legendary Gladiator

2: Balthazar's Gladiator

3: King's Gladiator

4-10: Vanquishing Gladiator

11-25: Terrifying Gladiator

26-100: Deadly Gladiator

101-250: Fierce Gladiator or Mighty Gladiator (I like them both)

Also i think in gw2 you get titles way to easy, like very easy story achievement her take a title, that's why they have no meaning. In gw1 it felt more like an achievement when you finally got a title and were pinged in the chat in all cities.

Military doesn't work because having armies is more of a WvW thing, and they already have that kind of ranking.

By the way, WvW ranks could also use some tweaking to be more intuitive and easier to read. As I've just mentioned [here](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/71949/suggestion-wvw-rank-tier-titling-adjustment "here").

Most people seem to like royalty themes, but that's kind of a Nightmare court thing and nobility titles do not feel like something one earns fighting in arenas, but with quests and military campaigns. So that's out of the question. too

I'd go with a gladiatorial theme, but although there was tons of different types of gladiators, they mostly had ranks for the first and the second "Primus palus" (first sword) and "secondus palus" (second sword). I like "Fist Sword" and "Second Sword" but it's kind of limited, since not every uses swords.

In any case, I think it would be best to keep a common word between the tittles, so they are clearly seen as a category. Something like:

- God of the Arena

- Arena Demigod

- Arena Immortal

- Arena Legend

- Arena Spirit

- Arena Ascendant

- Arena Champion

- Legendary God

- Legendary Demigod

- Legendary Immortal

- Legendary Spirit

- Legendary Ascendant

- Legendary Hero

- Legendary Gladiator

New titles are largely pointless if nothing is being done about people orchestrating the buying and selling of the top positions or match manipulating to one of the top spots without repercussions.

So get rid of titles altogether and this is why we can't have nice things.

That or Brendan.1309 suggestion.

> One additional note. We'll keep the poll up for about a week before closing it! Also, whatever we decide will not be in place for next season.

I suggest to combine Nobility Theme (or similar) and Number theme by this way:

Nobility Theme - will be directly visible in nameplates above the head, like "Prince of PvP (legendary mark)",

if someone will select a player and move mouse pointer to this on top of screen to the badge he will see his numbering rank pop up with explanation what Prince of PvP means in reality (Top 10 of PvP),

like today for "this pvp league badge is available with ...."

this method will help people to understand real rank meaning and remember it over the time.

pure Nobility Theme (or similar) without visual explanation will be not be understandable for the most of people

you can even leave existing OLD scheme visible but add Number theme pop-up with explanation (may be it's easiest thing to do)

The military ones are too similar to WvW.

Maybe a llama nobility theme?

* 1st: Llama God/Godess

* 2nd: Llama Demigod/Demigoddess

* 3rd: Llama King/Queen

* 4th-10th: Llama Prince/Princess

* 11th – 25th: Llama Duke/Duchess

* 26th-100th: Llama Baron/Baroness

* 101st – 250th: Llama Knight/Dame

> @"Lunia.2736" said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > This is probably a minor thing but it's been bugging me for a while - please don't use the gamemode's name in titles (PvP/PvE/WvW). It's just very uninspired and even immersion breaking for an MMO - I'm no roleplayer but still, let's try to conjure up something from the lore if possible. Top 100 of PvP is even worse in that regard.

> > >

> > > For example God of the Mists or something similar for rank 1 instead of God of PvP.

> >

> > It does sound weird, and I agree to some extent. But we also commonly have the complaint that people want others to know what the accomplishment was and where it came from. Using of the Mists could work instead. However, in GW2 lore, the Mists also includes WvW and Fractals, so that could be pretty confusing as well.

> >

> > "of the Arena" might be a good substitute.

>

> Making use of a prefix instead of a suffix to get rid of the lengthy "of the Arena" could be a good idea.

> Mix it with "Nobility" that most people are voting for in the process and you get something like this. Best of both worlds?

>

> 1st: Arena God/Goddess

> 2nd: Arena Demigod/Demigoddess

> 3rd: Arena King/Queen

> 4th-10th: Arena Prince/Princess

> 11th – 25th: Arena Duke/Duchess

> 26th-100th: Arena Baron/Baroness

> 101st – 250th: Arena Knight/Dame

I like this one

I like this suggestion from Lonami.2987.

> @"Lonami.2987" said:

>

> * **1st:** First of the Arena

> * **2nd:** Second of the Arena

> * **3rd:** Third of the Arena

> * **4th-10th:** Legend of the Arena

> * **11th–25th:** Hero of the Arena

> * **26th-100th:** Champion of the Arena

> * **101st–250th:** Veteran of the Arena

Taking that ranked is always Conquest, we can also use this as subtitle:

- God of Conquest

- Demigod of Conquest

- King of Conquest

etc...

All that said, I do have a Personal lov for "God of PvP". Its quick and direct as a title.

Who on PvP actually cares if a game mode as title looks awkward?