Idea: Renown Heart unlock

> @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > And I've map completed on more characters than I can count on one hand and intend to map complete on every single one of my characters eventually.

>

> And I contend that THIS is the reason for many of the objections to this idea. "I had to do it, so so should you."

>

> My contention is that the game is dying unless ANet can somehow generate new revenue.

>

> Now, they already know how many new players are joining the community of players. And that number is obviously declining. So, not only do they need new revenue, they need to acquire it from old players. Other than new content (which just got a lot harder to produce), this means new sales of items.

You're obviously taking what you want from his post. His point wasn't he had to do it, so everyone else has to do it, which is obvious from the fact that he plans on doing it on future characters. The point is, you're removing a lot of playing from gameplay. One could surmise you are asking for handouts, being able to finish world completion faster, and with less work, giving you a very important item in legendary creation.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it does save progress. At least not once the original heart is done.

I KNOW it doesn't on ls3 maps, otherwise I'd complete Bitterfrost every other day. Ok. Went back to each pof map. Zero progress on ANY heart except the high jump reach where last night after reset I dropped off carrots to clear inventory. Istan and thunderhead also zero progress and those are maps where there should be some.

They do; it was a feature added in one of the past Releases/updates.

_The repeatable Renown Hearts reset their progress each day, if completed, on server reset, enabling players to earn the rewards for completing them again. However, they will not reset progress if not completed, nor will they reset progress towards map completion at server reset._

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Renown_Heart#Repeatable_renown_hearts

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> They do; it was a feature added in one of the past Releases/updates.

>

> _The repeatable Renown Hearts reset their progress each day, if completed, on server reset, enabling players to earn the rewards for completing them again. However, they will not reset progress if not completed, nor will they reset progress towards map completion at server reset._

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Renown_Heart#Repeatable_renown_hearts

Correct, although there is some inconsistency in the implementation which could be the result of a glitch where progress sometimes doesn't save. I've never worked out what that it is - it could be a patch or leaving it too long before returning

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> They do; it was a feature added in one of the past Releases/updates.

>

> _The repeatable Renown Hearts reset their progress each day, if completed, on server reset, enabling players to earn the rewards for completing them again. However, they will not reset progress if not completed, nor will they reset progress towards map completion at server reset._

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Renown_Heart#Repeatable_renown_hearts

LS3 should be part of the save and repeat system. I will test Bitterfrost specifically athough since I don't usually go there since they screwed up the torches graphics. I went there earlier today and I got stuck in mounted combat somehow (my daredevil was swinging his staff on the back of the raptor lol!), so there is no shortage of bugs around!

> I don't think it does save progress. At least not once the original heart is done.

* If the heart is non-repeatable (core only), progress is saved. Once complete, it remains in that state for that character, allowing you to use the vendor.

* If the heart is repeatable and unfinished, any progress will be saved until complete. You cannot use the vendor

* Once the repeatable heart is complete, you can use the vendor _until reset_.

* At reset, fully completed, repeatable hearts are reset to 0% progress and the vendor is not available.

* Once completed, repeatable hearts retain partial progress until they reach 100%, after which they reset with the next daily

The main reason is that there are daily offers from heart vendors and ANet wants us to recomplete the heart to get them.

> @"Etria.3642" said:

> Right. It even says in there they reset progress ONCE COMPLETED.

>

> So UNTIL you complete the heart, progress is saved just like in core Tyria. When the initial heart is completed, counting toward map completion, thereafter it resets each day.

I've found different things happen

- save progress first time of asking (occasionally resets but its rare)

- save progress when repeating before they complete again (seems none of my characters have anything currently saving which is a bit odd)

- reset progress even halfway through completing. No idea why